The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023
The greatest pop star/businesswoman/entertainer in history since Michael Jackson is in front of you while you have the opportunity to watch one of the greatest QBs in history, but oh, whatever is on your phone is more important.

I doubt humans survives beyond the next 2 generations, about 50 years or so. Perhaps we need an alien intervention to smack some sense into the growing demise of humanity.

View attachment 51618
My religion teacher went on a rant today. Like he always does. But this time it struck home.

He’s an older man, and he keeps on saying how humans are evolving backwards.

He says stuff like gosh, I’m happy I lowered my standards otherwise you’d all be in trouble.

Today, he said something like “ oh of course now the 72 different genders, your little iPhones and everyone thinks religion is that warm fuzzy feeling, it’s not! You have to learn! But your cellphones have stripped those abilities from you. You can identify as a unicorn, but I identify as a human being.

When I wanted to learn kayaking, I just read the basic rules and got a kayake and left! I didn’t go to a class, I learnt by DOING!

All of you guys have your little cellphones burning your brains, back then we didn’t have that stuff.”

He just goes on tons of rants, and everyone laughs but they legit have some truth.

Best religion teacher ever

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
The greatest pop star/businesswoman/entertainer in history since Michael Jackson is in front of you while you have the opportunity to watch one of the greatest QBs in history, but oh, whatever is on your phone is more important.

I doubt humans survive beyond the next 2 generations, about 50 years or so. Perhaps we need an alien intervention to smack some sense into the growing demise of humanity.

View attachment 51618
How did they get so near her? Does she have body guards?

I remember TS is smart enough to turn down FTX promotion deals.

MattR82

Platinum Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
Not responding to sales enquiry. They better be fully booked.

I think the reverse is more likely to be true. There has been so few enquiry that they totally forget about watching the communication channel for sales enquiry. If my business phone didn’t ring or receive text for 2 months It would not be surprising if there were five streak days I didn’t bother to look at it at all. That’s human nature. I might be spamming ads elsewhere but not looking at the phone.

That’s why I never have a separation of business number/ personal number. Most of the time I carry my laptop around even I am with friends on a nights out for dinner. I can generate a quote anytime when someone texts me. Most of the time I text the prospects that I will get back to them with the quote once I reach home, so technically I don’t need my laptop with me but I always feel safe when it is with me knowing that I have the ability to generate the quote immediately.

I think it boils down the accepted dogma of work-life separation, and anyone who argues against that will be deemed as “cruel” or “inhumane”. The people who didn’t respond are not lazy. They are just like everyone else drawing a boundary between work and personal life.

There is no reason/scenario that you will not see the message if it gets into your phone, into your personal space.
My Dad and one of my best friends own tradesmen service businesses. They get 20 calls a day sometimes and they will be in a ceiling, on a roof, under a house, have wires they are trying to screw into something etc when the phone rings. They HATE getting calls and are always booked out lol.
They refuse to use an answering service though. Weirdos.

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023
You really do never learn unless you do.

I’ve always wanted to learn how to sketch really well.

I never just tried, I always watched videos.

My classmate has drawn me some crazy stuff, and he taught me a few things, one of which: “ just draw”

I started at 5. (It’s 7:20 now)

I sat down, and started doodling, sketching, I went from a stick man, to a sketched out samurai which looks decent in 2 hours.

The most progress I’ve made in years.

In 2 hours.

(Below is one of my classmates sketches, it took him 10 minutes same with the one below that)

IMG_2346.jpeg

MattR82

Platinum Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
Me when there is a death or tragedy in the family:

epic.jpg

Also me, when watching videos of street dogs being rescued and turned into happy pups :rofl:

Best-Cry-Ever.gif

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
288%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
Spending my Saturday night reading this dudes blog posts

Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

What a great idea and a kind gesture to adopt -- perfect for a bunch of entrepreneurs who meet monthly in a mastermind, although this is just a group of friends.

When you meet monthly, make sure to tip your waiter/waitress at least $1,000 -- if you have 10 people at the mastermind, that's only $100 per person. If you video it, it likely will get free PR as well, although I find the documentation of it to be sketchy and not as altruistic, and feels like it is done for other reasons and not just pure goodness.

They HATE getting calls and are always booked out lol.

Trades are turning into a gold mine.

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023
Well, just got into a “argument” with my friends.

It mainly consisted of them yelling at me and not believing me, and I just left and probably going to drop the biz idea with that one friend and pursue it myself, we had already cancelled the meet up on Sunday.

I hardly said anything during the argument, because I don’t have to prove my point over something so futile.

perchboy

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
321%
Aug 7, 2022
Toronto, Canada
“I always wonder why birds choose to stay in the same place when they can fly anywhere on the earth, then I ask myself the same question.”

- Harun Yahya.

MRiabov

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
May 30, 2023

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023
Is that skibidi toilet on the bottom?
Also why do you always write like you're a twitter lifestyle guru.
Why does everyone say it looks like skibidi toilet:happy: it’s a robot made out of speakers.

And what do you mean by twitter lifestyle guru:rofl:

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023
Lol what do yall think of this? worth trying?
View attachment 516370
More caffeine causes less sleep. That’s a big fact and I’m surprised how this guy came up with this.

Maybe he didn’t get enough sleep due to some circumstances..

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
Trades are turning into a gold mine.

Getting a contractors license and learning a trade like garage door service is a good place to start.

The amount of single family homes that need service. Or something like plumbing, heating or A/C.

Who knows what the requirements are in certain states to get a contractors license. It might be easier in certain states.

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
The people who read the coffee twitters and never imagine it could be satire... these are the enlightened ones, truly.

Subsonic

How you do anything is how you do everything
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
282%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Having a kid is like time travel.

Yesterday we had the kid - and today it is four months later.

It has gone so fast but I will try be more active now.

Hope you are all well!

Awakened2022

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
327%
Jan 14, 2023
I
Having a kid is like time
I can relate. Every time I want to do girly things, I see my kids and get reminded that it won't be long before a black-faced, kinky-haired thing mumbles "Granny" in reference to me. And it is just yesterday 2006 when my first made his presence known to the world.

Welcome to the miracle that is watching your kids grow.

xShepherdx

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
354%
Apr 11, 2022
Idaho
Only read this one but it was pretty thought-provoking stuff. Thanks for sharing!

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

Hope you are all well!
Congrats man! It truly is an honor being a father.

I have my second coming in a little over a month.

mikecarlooch

Apprentice & Student Of The Game
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
351%
Jan 28, 2022
Florida
Question..

How do you politely tell a co-founder they are wrong?

We are creating an AI product in the real estate industry and the problem is that my co-founder is.. well.. a programmer, he doesn't understand business too well. The business guy is me.

But obviously there is an emotional attachment to anything a programmer builds, and they feel whatever they build is right.

The problem is - my co founder has started saying - nah we're not going to make this just for real estate.. we're going to make it so EVERYBODY could use it..

But all of the data and everything we are using is specifically for REAL ESTATE. I'm trying to get this point across but I don't know how to do it without coming across as rude. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks..

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Hope you are all well!
Don't blink Rob.

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
634%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
Question..

How do you politely tell a co-founder they are wrong?

We are creating an AI product in the real estate industry and the problem is that my co-founder is.. well.. a programmer, he doesn't understand business too well. The business guy is me.

But obviously there is an emotional attachment to anything a programmer builds, and they feel whatever they build is right.

The problem is - my co founder has started saying - nah we're not going to make this just for real estate.. we're going to make it so EVERYBODY could use it..

But all of the data and everything we are using is specifically for REAL ESTATE. I'm trying to get this point across but I don't know how to do it without coming across as rude. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks..
Proper preparation and planning prevents piss poor performance

Even when I hire someone doing something as simple as being a lawn care worker, I go over everything.

I preemptively tell them the timeline for when they can expect raises and that they will be no sooner than X months, IF they have demonstrated xyz proficiencies and consistency and is still up to management discretion.

When you bring someone on you need to have preemptive conversations about responsibilities, expectations, and have an understanding.

Here’s the trick: everyone is okay agreeing to things upfront. Then these little shits try to play games later.

So you have the conversation upfront in a way where they are agreeing and happy to go along with the terms.

“Hey, this’ll be a great partnership, you’re the tech guy and we need that, I’m the business guy and we need that. I’m not gonna mess with the tech stuff because that would be F*cking with what YOU’RE good at. Right?”

“Yeah totally”

“Sweet, I’ll take care of the business stuff. Stuff like the direction of where we take the company and who we market to and stuff. A lot of partnerships go south because people mix up all the responsibilities and everyone gets all f*cked up. Don’t want that”

“For sure bro”

Alright sick. No worries just wanted to get on the same page before we get going. I want this to succeed.”

“Yeah definitely let’s kill it”

“Sick bro fo sho”

If you don’t have the conversational finesse to preemptively cover your a$$ expect to pay the consequences later.

I would have the idea to create a notion page of our strategy that stays fixed and uneditable for the other guy. Company name, plan, strategy, goals, and something like “management ethos” where it lists off responsibilities and expectations and agreements and you make it like the next day after having that conversation. Frame it as a structure that helps keep the company professional. It does help that, but it also serves as a “don’t be a pain in my a$$” page.

Then, you use the pages enough during your business operations where it doesn’t get buried and forgotten.

It’s VERY easy to reference that page often and say “pls review company overview page” and don’t need to say anything else.

He probably wouldn’t even bring it up, knowing in the back of his mind he has no ground to stand on anyways so it never becomes a problem. He would look like such a moron there’s less of a chance his brain would be able to rationalize himself not being a hypocritical idiot trying to encroach on your stuff.

Very typical for young, extroverted business ‘bros’ to not prepare for this stuff. Need to be more analytical and thoughtful of problems that will come up and how to handle it upfront. It avoids a TON of drama.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.