The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

Noyaux

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Apr 15, 2021

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
I wonder what is the median pocket money from parents per month for high school and college kids in North America like U.S. and Canada. Currently, I am working on some product development targeted at them.

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
Every time I eat something that I really enjoy, I usually figure out how to make it better myself and then never want to eat out for that particular food ever again. Most food prepared by someone else sucks. I don't know, maybe there is something psychological to it.

My brother told me about this deep dish pizza he made last week, so I decided to give it a go as well. You let the dough sit for an entire day, and then smush it out in a cast iron pan and let it take shape there and throw the whole pan in the oven. Homemade sauce and everything, it was freaking unreal. It is essentially flour, water, spices and yeast and olive oil. Tomatoes and spices fried up and then simmered in the sauce, and whatever toppings you want. I don't even want to think of how much crap goes into a pizza chain pizza.

I usually like whole wheat and stuff with seeds in it better than anything with white flour, so I will try it whole wheat next.

I made the mistake of reading the ingredient label on my bread a while ago, it has like 40 ingredients. This isn't even the mass produced Bimbo product or Wonder or whoever makes that trash. It is a local bakery. I think my next target is to learn how to bake bread.

I also learned how to make cinnamon buns that are just leaps and bounds better than those mall ones that I remembered being awesome as a kid. I use about 30% of the sweetness they call for, which is still enough, and swap all the sugar out for stevia and monk fruit. High quality butter, real vanilla... it makes all the difference. Using high quality butter makes a massive difference in any cooking. Unfortunately Canada hates making good quality butter, and to get the good stuff imported they charge absolutely astronomical tariffs on it. The last time I was in USA I brought back something like 4kg of it in my luggage! Good thing awesome butter is easy to find when I am in Mexico, but I don't really have anywhere to cook down there yet. Mexican kitchens are generally terrible.

Oh, and having a literally computer mining room in the basement means I always have a nice hot room which works pretty darn good for dough that needs to rise!

Breadmakers are awesome for bread, it takes all the hard work out of it.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
I wonder what is the median pocket money from parents per month for high school and college kids in North America like U.S. and Canada. Currently, I am working on some product development targeted at them.

Pickfu.com and Surveymonkey.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Xeon

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
It's interest as I heard the reverse is also true.

Some companies are using ai to generate large amount of content to trick search engine into directing traffic to them to convert sales.

Xeon

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
This is the upcoming app to watch:

Unfortunately, it's also region-locked like TikTok. So, if you're in Western Sahara trying to reach the US audience, you're pretty much F*cked because all the content you'll see will be from other users in Sahara and your posts will be seen only by users in Sahara. ByteDance is big on this stupid region/local-locked thing. F*ck them. Not a big fan of Meta either but ByteDance is more disgusting by comparison.
Hope the Chinese government will invite the bosses of ByteDance for a "tea session".

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
ChatGpt Ans

-I'm sorry, but I don't have access to the most recent data on the median pocket money of students in North America by age group. However, according to a survey conducted by RoosterMoney in 2019, the median pocket money for children in North America aged 6-14 was $8 per week. The survey also found that the median pocket money for children aged 15-18 was $15 per week. It's important to note that these figures may not be representative of all children in North America, as the survey was conducted on a smaller scale and may not reflect the full range of experiences across the continent.

According to a survey conducted by LendEDU in 2021, the median weekly allowance for college students in the United States was $75. However, it's important to note that this is an average across all college students in the United States and does not differentiate between age groups within that population.

Additionally, it's worth noting that the amount of pocket money or allowance that college students receive can vary greatly depending on a variety of factors, such as their individual financial situation, their family's income, and the cost of living in the area where they are attending college. Some students may not receive any pocket money or allowance at all and may need to rely solely on income from part-time jobs or other sources.

Hey Kevin - there is a new rule on this forum against AI content. It is an immediate ban.

Please don't drop ChatGPT content like that in here, thanks.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
Hey Kevin - there is a new rule on this forum against AI content. It is an immediate ban.

Please don't drop ChatGPT content like that in here, thanks.
Noted deleted the reply to myself

xShepherdx

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
354%
Apr 11, 2022
Idaho
This morning I got to reflect on some lessons that a childhood mentor taught me.

"I don't care about your excuses, get out there and get it done." -> When something gets in the way of you delivering on your promises, don't hide behind excuses. Just deliver on your promise and then apologize for the inconvenience you caused.

"Sorry means you will never do it again." -> If you say sorry, mean it. Don't use it as an excuse for your poor behavior or lack of planning.

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I think my next target is to learn how to bake bread.
I highly recommend this book:

LA887-flour-water-salt-yeast-f-1015.jpg

piano

Trying to find the right notes
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
266%
Sep 21, 2022
Germany
F*cking train ticket machine didn't give me my change (lost 5€).

edit: Hi guys, no need to :frown: me. Let's laugh about it! They don't know what's gonna hit them

Last edited:

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I highly recommend this book:

LA887-flour-water-salt-yeast-f-1015.jpg
Are you grilling pizzas?

I saw this, and wondered if it was worth giving a try.

D2CC30AD-7DE7-4BE9-9F5F-A5E2ECCE9CB5.jpeg

monnffffiiiiiii

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
Oct 16, 2022
I managed to go from 3k to 30k+ in one week on Instagram

View attachment 47287

Pretty crazy cause I put 4 years in Youtube and only got to 30k also...

View attachment 47288

---

I learned a lot from running the youtube channel on how to make content. And always felt that if I switched up the focus (freelancing business skills instead of web design directly) that things would grow a lot faster. So pretty glad I took the chance and gave the new style of IG content a go.
Yep, well done. Plenty of content out there but VERY LITTLE HIGH QUALITY content.

So when you do make some, you explode.

This fits with what I wanted to post here:

"Succeed off social media to succeed on social media".

Content isn't about camera, lightning, or editing.

It's about the specific knowledge you deliver.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
View attachment 47291
Crazy, never had anything take off so fast.

Over 10k more since I made this post yesterday evening.
Screenshot 2023-02-24 at 05.07.43.png

Not to keep posting about it, but it's still going nuts.

I don't know - maybe it is too fast.
I wonder if these people will stick around or what happens when a page gets this many new people so quickly.

I am going to try promote a newsletter I think to get as many emails as possible - seems to the be the smartest move atm.

@MJ DeMarco If you want I could do an INSIDERS call on some things I did which might have helped this to grow so fast. Im happy to share, just not sure how lucky I got here at the same time ha!

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
My kid got into a private school that has lower acceptance rate than Harvard.

Good day today.
View attachment 47302

I wonder if these people will stick around or what happens when a page gets this many new people so quickly.

I am going to try promote a newsletter I think to get as many emails as possible - seems to the be the smartest move atm.

@MJ DeMarco If you want I could do an INSIDERS call on some things I did which might have helped this to grow so fast. Im happy to share, just not sure how lucky I got here at the same time ha!
keep posting! It’s super cool and it’s nice to read good news here in the random & rants thread. I’m enjoying it. Congrats!

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
My kid got into a private school that has lower acceptance rate than Harvard.

Good day today.

Thats really cool - just got lucky or did you have any approach that helped?

KSR

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Feb 28, 2017
Australia

View attachment 47287

View attachment 47288

---

I learned a lot from running the youtube channel on how to make content. And always felt that if I switched up the focus (freelancing business skills instead of web design directly) that things would grow a lot faster. So pretty glad I took the chance and gave the new style of IG content a go.
Dude, that's incredible. I just checked now and you're at 61k one day later. Incredible.

Followed you.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
View attachment 47302

I do manage a finance account on the side too...and yes, we can expect some folks to drop out now and then.

Not everyone will be part of your intended audience, strictly.

Some can be your competitors' pages or coaches, who just join to check out your content to emulate...to maybe reshare (if its very good)...or to just talk on your comments page to get folks noticing and visiting them too. I'd welcome them though as long they don't spam the DMs.

Just like the Ben Settle email methodology...the more consistent your content posting (with quality), the more you can continue to have your new audience inflows replenished.

I hate social media, but I enjoyed Instagram a tad better as I find it more responsive than say, FB.

ChristianGa0

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Feb 10, 2023
Germany
Hello fastlaners Community!

I know there is already a thread to this topic but not sure if it really deserves one

For my first thread on this forum I have a question regarding my apprenticeship as a waiter.
I am currently 19 years old in Germany and doing a apprenticeship as a waiter. I have school 1 a week and I find it very useless and am not interested in listening because the stuff they teach is not the direction I want to go (in terms of working a average job as a waiter and working a 9-5). I wanted to ask if you guys think that My mindset towards this is something I should change or no. I do not know if this makes sense but I would love to hear your thoughts.

Thanks and have a nice week

Edit: My thoughts are to pause it/quit it and work on my business and return to it once I have the time freedom to pursue it

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Hello fastlaners Community!

I know there is already a thread to this topic but not sure if it really deserves one

For my first thread on this forum I have a question regarding my apprenticeship as a waiter.
I am currently 19 years old in Germany and doing a apprenticeship as a waiter. I have school 1 a week and I find it very useless and am not interested in listening because the stuff they teach is not the direction I want to go (in terms of working a average job as a waiter and working a 9-5). I wanted to ask if you guys think that My mindset towards this is something I should change or no. I do not know if this makes sense but I would love to hear your thoughts.

Thanks and have a nice week

Edit: My thoughts are to pause it/quit it and work on my business and return to it once I have the time freedom to pursue it
Well, if you wanna quit your job...do you have another source of income to replace it?

Can you find another more suitable job first?

You need an income to fund your daily expenses and your initial Fastlane tests.

I understand though that although you may learn many things from waiting tables like customer service and logistics,
it can be VERY tiring.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

View attachment 47287

View attachment 47288

---

Boom. Well done Rob.

Yeah, slap up a simple signup page and get people onto an email list quick.

ChristianGa0

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Feb 10, 2023
Germany
Well, if you wanna quit your job...do you have another source of income to replace it?

Can you find another more suitable job first?

You need an income to fund your daily expenses and your initial Fastlane tests.

I understand though that although you may learn many things from waiting tables like customer service and logistics,
it can be VERY tiring.
well I don’t really need another source of income because I have mot expenses all taken care of (daily and Fastlane) so I really am just focused on building my business without Pressure on how i cover the expenses which I am super grateful for.

The job is honestly very fun and I am learning a lot but I do not want this to be my main source of income, I am thinking that I continue this until summer, quit and find a job in sales to improve my skills there. I read rich dad and poor dad and he said to learn little from a lot of things and not be over specialized in one thing

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
happy to share, just not sure how lucky I got here at the same time ha!
It wasn't luck Rob. It was inevitable.

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Are you grilling pizzas?

I saw this, and wondered if it was worth giving a try.

I actually need to get more into pizzas. One of the reasons I haven't is because I don't have a good cooking appliance for it.

That attachment looks pretty slick.

At first I was concerned with the cook temp - from my understanding, most traditional pizza ovens hit 700 - 900 degrees Fahrenheit while charcoal usually hovers at like 500. But according to their product page, they say you can hit similar temps if you throw in some hardwood, which sounds reasonable.

I'd certainly give it a try vs buying another stand alone device.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
Thats really cool - just got lucky or did you have any approach that helped?
Thanks.

Partly luck, partly we create our luck … just like in business, I guess.

Things I did:
- find contacts whose kids are attending same school
- get their recommendation letters
- visited the school a few times, met administrators as a whole family, got to know each other
- met with a board member for the school
- volunteered my own time etc.

I figured, kid must be good to have a chance, but it’s never just about the kid either. It’s also about the family. With that I pulled no stops.
Glad it worked!

Xeon

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I actually need to get more into pizzas. One of the reasons I haven't is because I don't have a good cooking appliance for it.

That attachment looks pretty slick.

At first I was concerned with the cook temp - from my understanding, most traditional pizza ovens hit 700 - 900 degrees Fahrenheit while charcoal usually hovers at like 500. But according to their product page, they say you can hit similar temps if you throw in some hardwood, which sounds reasonable.

I'd certainly give it a try vs buying another stand alone device.
I can get all of 700 with lump charcoal. I’m sure with that added airflow and just big lump charcoal it could easily break into the high 700s and low 800s. I’d worry about 900s deforming my grill.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.