The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

MattR82

Platinum Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
Unless he revolutionizes the content type on Twitter and creates something more engaging than short form videos, it's not going to change much.
It's still going to be tweets.
He's bringing back vine apparently. From what I've heard he plans to beat tik tok by making it easier for people to monetize.

By the way, are people still suspicious of tik toks figures in regards to basically flat out lying about view numbers etc? I haven't heard anything about that in some time.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
288%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
He's bringing back vine apparently. From what I've heard he plans to beat tik tok by making it easier for people to monetize.

By the way, are people still suspicious of tik toks figures in regards to basically flat out lying about view numbers etc? I haven't heard anything about that in some time.
I just saw an old tweet that resurfaced from 2017, he was allowed to buy x.com back from PayPal for “sentimental” value

It talks about it in his book, his vision for x.com is very different to what PayPal became

Sounds like he’s trying to create wechat for the west

Payments, banking and social media in 1

Doge coin is pumping

Looks like he’s digging up a lot of evidence of govt censorship etc too

Some say trump gave him govt contracts to make him rich and he’s bought Twitter to return to favour

Who knows, be cool to see what happens, anything is better than what Twitter was before

Also how the F*ck did the incompetent last management drop the ball so badly, they shut down vine which was basically tik tok, and it was fairly huge and now TikTok is huge and Twitter is nothing

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore

Xeon

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore

AMAZING viral marketing campaign. GENIUS at its maximum.

MattR82

Platinum Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane

AMAZING viral marketing campaign. GENIUS at its maximum.
Eh, maybe. Seems like pretty basic guerilla marketing to me. Just chuck some undies on some Bondi goofs car and do a bit of fake social media posts to go with the real ones.

Probably doesn't help that I can't stand Bondi and the type of people there lol.

MattR82

Platinum Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
Sounds like he’s trying to create wechat for the west

Payments, banking and social media in 1

Also how the F*ck did the incompetent last management drop the ball so badly, they shut down vine which was basically tik tok, and it was fairly huge and now TikTok is huge and Twitter is nothing
Yep.

Why Twitter boughy and closed down vine would be interesting to hear.

Xeon

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
I'm sick of TikTok's region-locked algorithm. If Musk wants to revive Vine and give it a slightly different algorithm, I'm all for it.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I posted a video to Twitter with 1,700 followers. 28 views.

I posted the same video to TikTok with 49 followers. 9,000+ views.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I'm sick of TikTok's region-locked algorithm. If Musk wants to revive Vine and give it a slightly different algorithm, I'm all for it.
Yeah, it's not great.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

BlackLynx

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
279%
Jan 21, 2019
Belgium
Hey all,

I'm looking for some advice. I've been obsessed with productivity pretty much all my life. And I created my own productivity system. One day - I decided to talk about my system on LinkedIn - offered to teach it to 25 strangers and my post went viral.

Within a day - I had 25 people that wanted to learn "the system" and about 10 people on a waiting list.

So over the course of the last month I got to filming - I created a 2,5 hour course - divided into 12 modules.
The first people of the pilot group have watched all the videos until the end and they are super enthusiastic about the changes it's bringing to their lives.

Now - it clearly solves a problem people are experiencing. It's not the first course I create but the first one where you can feel that people are triggered by the promise of the course AND I'm actually able to solve this problem.

I want to now create a marketing machine to sell the course but I don't know where to start. Are there any good resources on how to launch a course, build a community around the course, etc ?

Any tips are appreciated.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Hey all,

I'm looking for some advice. I've been obsessed with productivity pretty much all my life. And I created my own productivity system. One day - I decided to talk about my system on LinkedIn - offered to teach it to 25 strangers and my post went viral.

Within a day - I had 25 people that wanted to learn "the system" and about 10 people on a waiting list.

So over the course of the last month I got to filming - I created a 2,5 hour course - divided into 12 modules.
The first people of the pilot group have watched all the videos until the end and they are super enthusiastic about the changes it's bringing to their lives.

Now - it clearly solves a problem people are experiencing. It's not the first course I create but the first one where you can feel that people are triggered by the promise of the course AND I'm actually able to solve this problem.

I want to now create a marketing machine to sell the course but I don't know where to start. Are there any good resources on how to launch a course, build a community around the course, etc ?

Well done. Maybe create a progress thread and tag me, Fox, Cameraman, lowtek, Lex Deville, and anyone else who's selling/sold courses. (There's definitely more people who've sold courses in here.)

doster.zach

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
197%
Oct 14, 2021
Missouri

Might be that most people are on the recommended feed view and not the latest feed view which shows your a lot of recommended content and way less of content of people you’re following.

namari

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Oct 4, 2022
Hey all,

brilliant execution.
id suggest starting by telling friends and family about it for some irl reach.
then you can start a social media account dedicated to marketing your course

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Do we have many threads about creating/selling courses? I can list them all in a master thread if folks let me know.

Bekit

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Aug 13, 2018
Hey all,

I have some substantive thoughts on this, as I used to do copywriting for a company that focused on coaching online course creators on how to market and sell their course. So I've seen a lot of what works well and what doesn't.

However, I'd rather not go to the effort to put a detailed, thought-out post here in the random thread.

Can you make a new thread with this same question? I think this would be a great conversation. Please tag me when you do, in case I miss it.

(Side note... I'm also curious about trying your product for myself haha!) --which is a great signal that you're onto something here!!

piano

Trying to find the right notes
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
266%
Sep 21, 2022
Germany
I know this is really random, but I have a speech in 2 days in Ukrainian (I can't speak Ukrainian btw) and am wondering what to write about. Our school is getting a class of Ukrainians and we're welcoming them.
Do you guys perhaps have an idea on which direction I could go with? I can't figure smth out...
edit: After torturous trying and writing, I managed to write something!

Last edited:

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
288%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
I have some substantive thoughts on this, as I used to do copywriting for a company that focused on coaching online course creators on how to market and sell their course. So I've seen a lot of what works well and what doesn't.

However, I'd rather not go to the effort to put a detailed, thought-out post here in the random thread.

Can you make a new thread with this same question? I think this would be a great conversation. Please tag me when you do, in case I miss it.

(Side note... I'm also curious about trying your product for myself haha!) --which is a great signal that you're onto something here!!

Here’s his thread

I agree, my first thought was I want to try this course

Last edited:

BlackLynx

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
279%
Jan 21, 2019
Belgium

Bekit

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Aug 13, 2018
I put this on the INSIDERS side - if a mod thinks it might be more valuable somewhere else - feel free to move it !
Ok, you know what? You sold me on upgrading. I haven't been subscribed to INSIDERS for a while, but when my subscription expired, I definitely noticed that the threads weren't nearly as interesting. Lately I've been thinking about how much better the forum is when you're on the inside. So I've been meaning to do this. I kept thinking, "I really need to subscribe to the inside again." And then I kept putting it off. You pulled me over the fence haha!

Thanks, it's way more fun on the inside!

BlackLynx

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
279%
Jan 21, 2019
Belgium
Ok, you know what? You sold me on upgrading. I haven't been subscribed to INSIDERS for a while, but when my subscription expired, I definitely noticed that the threads weren't nearly as interesting. Lately I've been thinking about how much better the forum is when you're on the inside. So I've been meaning to do this. I kept thinking, "I really need to subscribe to the inside again." And then I kept putting it off. You pulled me over the fence haha!

Thanks, it's way more fun on the inside!

I'll be checking my mail for the commission , @MJ DeMarco lol.

Creative_Name

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
124%
Oct 17, 2022
I learned that execution is hard when you don’t have a clear path forward and you’re met with a roadblock. When this happens, just start reading and learning and shit, which is a clear path in itself thanks to the internet. After you finish learning more about what you’re trying to accomplish the path becomes clearer and you can continue.

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
Hey all,

Read the Clickfunnels books online for free (if you can navigate the dark web) or just search for Clickfunnels stuff with a browser linked to Facebook and you’ll get in his funnel. Traffic Secrets is the name of one of his books. Brunson does a full 30 day Challenge training for a $100 that’s worth much more. The trainers are high energy and a bit obnoxious but, for instance, one seminar had the equivalent of three books worth of info in it on Day 6 (of the one I took) that blew me away. They break down course creation and marketing in a phenomenal way.

You don’t actually need to use any of his software. There’s better stuff out there but RB’s community is amazing, his books offer clear value and you’ll almost immediately realize that *you* are already ahead of most. You’ve done what thousands upon thousands of “course creators” never accomplish. You have buy in; you have engaged clients. I try not to recommend Russell Brunson to ppl who don’t already have a product because it can easily become a big shiny object but for you? I think you’d be thrilled to have the community, especially if you started hunting down the guys who can create everything for you. HTH

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I put this on the INSIDERS side - if a mod thinks it might be more valuable somewhere else - feel free to move it !
I suspect it will be better for you and the forum on the outside. Do you envisage there being anything you want to keep more confidential in the thread? If not then let me know and I'll move it.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Damn. Maybe I need to get TikTok.

But don’t they steal your soul or something? Lol

I think it was that they would steal all of our “precious bodily fluids!”

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Damn. Maybe I need to get TikTok.

But don’t they steal your soul or something? Lol

I think it was that they would steal all of our “precious bodily fluids!”
I like TikTok. Creators are forced to get to the point and remove fluff. Sure, the "hooks" can be a bit annoying, but even that's an interesting marketing education.

MoneyDoc

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Jun 24, 2014
Did a google search to try and find the category director for my niche at Costco. I know the format Costco uses for their emails so I emailed him last night. Got a reply a few hours ago saying they’d be happy to discuss the opportunity and gave me two days with time availabilities to send him a meeting invite.

Does this mean he’s kinda interested or very interested?

They wouldn’t entertain cold emails otherwise, no?

MattR82

Platinum Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane

Do you think they inflate their figures though?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.