The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Seriously, didn't have time to comment before, but this makes me never want to visit Lowes ever again. There's a HDepot and a Lowes within 500 yards of each other in the neighboring town, and just the other day I chose HD (despite the parking lot being a mess) because I remembered this dumb a$$ commercial. Perfect example of negative skew.
HD is roughly this distance from Lowes here, and HD is the closer of the two to my house so... goodbye Lowes.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Seriously, didn't have time to comment before, but this makes me never want to visit Lowes ever again. There's a HDepot and a Lowes within 500 yards of each other in the neighboring town, and just the other day I chose HD (despite the parking lot being a mess) because I remembered this dumb a$$ commercial. Perfect example of negative skew.
Yep. It’s even worse when you realize that they paid for this slot. I saw it on CNBC yesterday.

Their advertising, that they spent significant money on, hurt their business.

If they were worried what the remaining 5% covidians would think about a commercial with maskless people in it, they should have just had no people in the commercial.

Covidians probably make up less than 1 percent of Lowes’ revenue.

I’ve been liking McCoys a lot lately. If you have one in your area, give it a shot, I bet you’ll just like it.

Last edited:

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018
Wow, so much hate towards masks!

I shop almost exclusively at HD and not Lowes. It’s closer to me and I know the layout. But the Lowe’s ad doesn’t bother me one bit. It’s just a thing these days, most ads depict people with masks. We did just have a pandemic (and still are in the endemic). No biggie, give it some time and they‘ll go back to no masks again.

Years back I was in China and saw people wear masks because of air quality being so poor. Didn’t bother me either.

You guys are just being sensitive.

Bring on the lighting! I know I am rubbing a bunch of you the wrong way with this post. Let me have it. :)

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018
It's not about the masks.

Of course it is, Lex. Masks became like a lighting rod. Similar to “I support Ukraine” or whatever else is “a thing” at a point in time.

And so it‘s now (on this forum) is a new thing that’s popular - to hate on ads that support the latest thing. And that’s my point. I don’t give a flying rat’s a$$ what the ads show me. I get it, their creative department is following what they believe will be current and accepted dogma. Even without masks, it’s a shit ad. It’s barely a reminder to me “hey Lowes still exists!”.

Negative value skew because of masked people? Yeah right. Negative value is being in the wrong location, having a shit service or poor stock of items I need. Something that impacts me negatively.

And don’t tell me that if HD ran out of a particular item, you’d stand on principle and refuse to get it from Lowes purely because of this ad. I highly doubt that. You don’t put your renovations on hold because of this ad.

So yeah, it’s about masks. Some people see a mask and suddenly see “red” :rofl:. But it’s just a mask! Relax. No one is killing puppies here.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Wow, so much hate towards masks!

I shop almost exclusively at HD and not Lowes. It’s closer to me and I know the layout. But the Lowe’s ad doesn’t bother me one bit. It’s just a thing these days, most ads depict people with masks. We did just have a pandemic (and still are in the endemic). No biggie, give it some time and they‘ll go back to no masks again.

Years back I was in China and saw people wear masks because of air quality being so poor. Didn’t bother me either.

You guys are just being sensitive.

Bring on the lighting! I know I am rubbing a bunch of you the wrong way with this post. Let me have it. :)

That’s not what they mean now @Antifragile.

They are a fashion statement of communism now. A symbol of obedience to, compliance with, and support of authoritarianism. They are not about safety. It was clearly depicted even in the Lowes commercial that the old lady could smell flowers through her mask, but somehow it also “keeps her safe.”

When I see a family of people wearing masks, while walking around in a sea of people not wearing them… The first thing I think is that if they truly are that afraid, they shouldn’t be here. The next thing I think is that they would force me to wear one if they could, and they would imprison me for disobedience.

I support their right to do whatever they want, that doesn’t mean I need to respect their decision or views. Some people in this world legitimately want to ruin our way of life.

It’s also a total lie. Don’t make me walk into a Lowes and video the experience. You’ll be lucky to see even one person wearing a mask. Even the employees won’t be wearing them.

This is leftist pandering and it has nothing to do with “the endemic.”

I agree with you on a lot, but you’re wrong about this one. If you don’t think it’s a negative value skew, go read the comments on the video.

Last edited:

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
WhOnvH_uG2qz8d6oYuXgvQcNpJksaMAN8ARqfw9KTPE.png

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
Of course it is, Lex. Masks became like a lighting rod. Similar to “I support Ukraine” or whatever else is “a thing” at a point in time.

And so it‘s now (on this forum) is a new thing that’s popular - to hate on ads that support the latest thing. And that’s my point. I don’t give a flying rat’s a$$ what the ads show me. I get it, their creative department is following what they believe will be current and accepted dogma. Even without masks, it’s a shit ad. It’s barely a reminder to me “hey Lowes still exists!”.

Negative value skew because of masked people? Yeah right. Negative value is being in the wrong location, having a shit service or poor stock of items I need. Something that impacts me negatively.

And don’t tell me that if HD ran out of a particular item, you’d stand on principle and refuse to get it from Lowes purely because of this ad. I highly doubt that. You don’t put your renovations on hold because of this ad.

So yeah, it’s about masks. Some people see a mask and suddenly see “red” :rofl:. But it’s just a mask! Relax. No one is killing puppies here.
It’s not the masks, I have no problem with people who want to wear them. The people who wear them here are mostly old and believe everything they see on TV and are the people who should be afraid of the virus. I actually feel sorry for these people. Even if they are young I feel sorry for them, especially kids who are clearly being made to wear them by their parents, these people have been brainwashed by the people they should trust.

It’s not hating on the current thing or people who follow the current thing either.

It’s fighting back for freedom from communism. It’s ptsd from the tyranny we experienced.

I don’t want to turn my tv on and watch a commercial where they’re basically rubbing it in and mocking us pretending there’s a pandemic and laughing that they forced us to wear useless masks.

The mask has become a symbol of blind unscientific compliance. Along with the mask it symbolises being forced to inject yourself with a dangerous vaccine to keep your job and travel. Shutting your business down because it’s not essential. Being locked in your home under curfew because the virus only comes out at night. Not being able to see your friends and family. Babies dying because they live on the border and the hospital is on the other side and you have to quarantine to cross the border.

They’re not killing puppies but they did kill babies with their stupidity. Unborn twin baby dies after delay approving mother's Queensland-NSW border exemption | Queensland | The Guardian

Also you mentioned China and them wearing masks which is ironic. I’m not sure if you’ve seen what’s going on there now but that’s where compliance with the current thing leads you. People are jumping off 30 story building because they’ve been locked inside for weeks with no food.

If it weren’t for people speaking up despite being censored and punished and outcast, that’s where we would be.

If they just wanted to reflect what was going on they should have had 1 or 2 people wearing masks not the whole store.

Either way it’s a stupid move and a stupid ad, they know how controversial this is, they may as well have just taken a stance on the abortion debate or something.

I was very careful with my business, I have never once mentioned the pandemic or anything about it in any of my ads or emails, I probably missed out on a heap of revenue by not selling masks, but I knew that associating my brand even slightly with it was something I did not ever want to do, picking sides or not, this was early on I made the decision before there even was sides to pick. Why would you want to associate your business with a deadly virus the worst 2 years of everyone’s lives.

Last edited:

Kalactose

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Jan 21, 2022

I completely agree. The people that claim to detest wokeness are also the people feeding it by giving too much F*cks about it. An ad was supporting pansexualism or having three moms, well just don't give a F*ck. We pass by a lot of shit on a daily basis, but we choose not to give a F*ck about them.

So if Lowes is supporting covidians or other woke stuff, just don't give a F*ck.

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
Also interesting story about why these stores are always next to each other. Not sure if it’s common knowledge but I find it interesting.

If you have a long beach and 2 ice cream men competing, the most efficient way for them to organise is one halfway down from the middle on each side, that way the beach goers are divided in half and everyone has the shortest distance to walk.

Now, if the ice cream man on the right hand side walks to the middle of the beach, even though they now have to walk further, he’s still the closest ice cream man to the beach goers on the right side of the beach, but now he’s also closer to and stealing some customers from the guy on the left hand side.

So what would happen is basically both ice cream men end up right next to each other in the middle of the beach.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018
@Kak and @MitchC
You guys are some of the smartest people I’ve had the luxury to meet online. Whatever you say, I read carefully and take notice.

And I think this time you are taking this whole thing too seriously. Like I said, it seems that when you see a person with a mask you “see red” because you attribute this deep meaning to it. Yet the world isn’t black and while like that.

We don’t see the world as it is, we see the world as we are.

PS, we have relatives in China and know first hand about the situation. Yet nothing is ever as it seems from news. They do have a zero covid policy that’s now costing the county productivity… I wonder when they’ll move on from that. But today it’s pretty hard there.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

@Kak and @MitchC
You guys are some of the smartest people I’ve had the luxury to meet online. Whatever you say, I read carefully and take notice.

And I think this time you are taking this whole thing too seriously. Like I said, it seems that when you see a person with a mask you “see red” because you attribute this deep meaning to it. Yet the world isn’t black and while like that.

PS, we have relatives in China and know first hand about the situation. Yet nothing is ever as it seems from news. They do have a zero covid policy that’s now costing the county productivity… I wonder when they’ll move on from that. But today it’s pretty hard there.
It’s not a person with the virus, it’s a piece of propaganda about the virus.

It’s a commercial displaying actors. It’s not real people wearing real masks in a real store. You’re smart enough to know the difference man. You know the weight of the difference. These aren’t real shoppers. This isn’t a real Lowe’s. This isn’t real life.

This is a message being broadcast to the world about what’s normal and what shopping looks like, and what it should look like.

After a few years of this, we’ve had enough of it.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018
It’s not a person with the virus, it’s a piece of propaganda about the virus.

It’s a commercial displaying actors. It’s not real people wearing real masks in a real store. You’re smart enough to know the difference man. You know the weight of the difference. These aren’t real shoppers. This isn’t a real Lowe’s. This isn’t real life.

This is a message being broadcast to the world about what’s normal and what shopping looks like, and what it should look like.

After a few years of this, we’ve had enough of it.
Come on…
You are telling me that all ads except for this one are suddenly “real life”? What kind of a weak argument is that?

And you and many here may be reading a lot into that little ad, and I’m not.

I’ve shared my opinion, you do what you wish with that. I’ll end with this: ;)
5C85F741-FB9F-4AD1-ABB7-9DFCCF95BCD2.jpeg

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Come on…
You are telling me that all ads except for this one are suddenly “real life”? What kind of a weak argument is that?

View attachment 43480
No, actually, I literally said the opposite of that...

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
Come on…

View attachment 43480
I wasn’t going to reply but this isn’t fair.

Your reply to me said I see red when I see a mask when my reply said I actually sympathise with people who I see wearing them.

@thechosen1 hit the nail on the head, it’s not someone wearing a mask, it’s propaganda being rammed down our throats.

The fact we are having this conversation shows how much of a stupid business decision this was, but this wasn’t a business decision, this was done for the greater good, for the agenda, in spite of it being a bad business decision, which makes it even worse.

Also not sure what you meant about the news and China but I’ve seen so many sick videos from there and there is nothing on the news about any of it, yet we hear about Ukraine and covid daily.

Last edited:

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
@Kak and @MitchC

Come on…

View attachment 43480

This is as far as I’ll go. I understand your point of view, but still totally disagree.

My stepdad is a doc at the med center in Houston, he has to wear a mask every day. He is desensitized to it, and also thought the commercial “wasn’t that bad” which is where I’m betting you are coming from. I don’t know what it’s like in Vancouver, but you may have to wear them a lot.

I haven’t worn a mask, except when forced on me for air travel, in over a year. Most Texans are pretty much on the same protocol.

You think we are reading into something… Ok… So you’re telling me masks are just about “health and safety” and “protecting oneself from the C0VlD-19 pandemic” and absolutely nothing more? It’s not a political statement? It’s not an appeal to the outrage brigade? It’s not a virtue signal?

In Texas, every single person in a mask, by choice, is making a statement. They are degenerate authoritarians that wish they could turn our city into Shanghai.

Perhaps in your area, it just makes your life easier to wear one and not give a damn. I was there when stores were requiring them and whatnot. I’m not going to fight it, I’m just going to go to stores that don’t require them, or wear one if I must.

Now the ad. It wasn’t just the one off family of authoritarians, as is reality in my part of the world. It was every single human in the commercial.

The commercial was a clear statement that Lowes is a lover of masks, and like the current religious wearers of masks, where they aren’t required or even culturally affable, they are also lovers of the things that masks represent and come with.

Pouring that message into a 95% non mask wearing community was an EXTREMELY bad move. There is a pretty good selection of posters here that have all held a similar view against this nonsense. It was unquestionably bad for their business.

You might say, oh Kyle you’re just being triggered. Maybe I am. I’m allowed to be. I’ll reiterate… These people want to ruin our lives. They can do whatever they want to do, believe whatever they want to believe, and say whatever they want to say but they are NOT entitled to my respect for it.

You can add me to the growing list of people that will avoid Lowes and any company that does the same at all costs.

Ask yourself this… If several intelligent people, that you respect, all fell on the same conclusion… Might there be something to this?

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016

Personally. I want to know why I did not see more of "Two Moms" in this commercial.

This has greatly effected me. Most of you don't know this about me. I was raised by two moms. I later found out that they loved each other. I still don't know who my father is. F*ck you, "dad?".

I became one of the cool "kids". Wanna know how?

A brief story: "Hey, did you hear what happened to Joe? "No." "He walked in on his two moms..." "WOW!!!"

G

Guest-5ty5s4

This is as far as I’ll go. I understand your point of view, but still totally disagree.

My stepdad is a doc at the med center in Houston, he has to wear a mask every day. He is desensitized to it, and also thought the commercial “wasn’t that bad” which is where I’m betting you are coming from. I don’t know what it’s like in Vancouver, but you may have to wear them a lot.

I haven’t worn a mask, except when forced on me for air travel, in over a year. Most Texans are pretty much on the same protocol.

You think we are reading into something… Ok… So you’re telling me masks are just about “health and safety” and “protecting oneself from the C0VlD-19 pandemic” and absolutely nothing more? It’s not a political statement? It’s not an appeal to the outrage brigade? It’s not a virtue signal?

In Texas, every single person in a mask, by choice, is making a statement. They are degenerate authoritarians that wish they could turn our city into Shanghai.

Perhaps in your area, it just makes your life easier to wear one and not give a damn. I was there when stores were requiring them and whatnot. I’m not going to fight it, I’m just going to go to stores that don’t require them, or wear one if I must.

Now the ad. It wasn’t just the one off family of authoritarians, as is reality in my part of the world. It was every single human in the commercial.

The commercial was a clear statement that Lowes is a lover of masks, and like the current religious wearers of masks, where they aren’t required or even culturally affable, they are also lovers of the things that masks represent and come with.

Pouring that message into a 95% non mask wearing community was an EXTREMELY bad move. There is a pretty good selection of posters here that have all held a similar view against this nonsense. It was unquestionably bad for their business.

You might say, oh Kyle you’re just being triggered. Maybe I am. I’m allowed to be. I’ll reiterate… These people want to ruin our lives. They can do whatever they want to do, believe whatever they want to believe, and say whatever they want to say but they are NOT entitled to my respect for it.

You can add me to the growing list of people that will avoid Lowes and any company that does the same at all costs.

Ask yourself this… If several intelligent people, that you respect, all fell on the same conclusion… Might there be something to this?
To add, I’m probably not going to “boycott Lowe’s,” it’s not worth the trouble, but I will probably go to Home Depot instead every time I have the choice. They are right next to each other of course, though I’m pretty sure the same people own most of the shares anyway.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Come on, you know this isn't true. Some people wear masks because they are scared. Some have underlying conditions. They aren't all making a statement.

I watched the commercial from the original post, before reading any of the follow up posts. I was totally oblivious as to why it was posted. I only knew there had to be something controversial or funny about it. Else it wouldn't have been posted.

I noticed that they tried to include every possible demographic. I saw a same sex couple. Some older couple. Then two women of different races. Then a mixed race couple with mixed race kids. I actually didn't notice the masks.

Then when I came back to the forum, and it was mainly about the masks. I guess I was literally blind to them.

I think a much better choice for Lowes would have been to have half the people in masks and half without. After all, they were trying to be inclusive of everyone else in the commercial.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Come on, you know this isn't true. Some people wear masks because they are scared. Some have underlying conditions. They aren't all making a statement.

You say scared, I say civil war 2 aggressors. Tomato, tomotto.

You know if I interviewed those, in Texas, in masks, they would on average hold forced Covid containment views left of Justin Trudeau. I would also be willing to bet TONS of money that they are all boosted to the point of a pickled brain.

They can say they’re scared all they want, but we can’t read minds and actions speak louder than words.

I saw an entire family wearing them at a children’s museum the other day. It was slammed crowded with people. If they’re ”that” scared they shouldn’t be in an optional crowded building. Their double masked kids were touching all of the same stuff hundreds of normal kids were touching. It’s nonsense. They’re clearly not scared. Their risk of exposure is HIGH in a place like that. If their fear was real, they wouldn’t be there. Yet, there they were.

Either way, like @Antifragile, I see where you are coming from… and I still disagree.

They’re “scared,” but they’re in crowded areas by choice.

They will sing the praises of the vaccine, and swear their undying allegiance to its effectiveness narrative.

They wear masks even though they’re vaxinated.

There is too much oxymoronic bullshit going on to believe this is anything other than a message.

My theory: This is because virtue signaling doesn’t work if no one sees you do it. It’s not about the virus. They’re not actually scared of it. It’s about a message.

Last edited:

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
541%
Apr 17, 2022

MaxT

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Oct 22, 2020
France

Simon Angel

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
291%
Apr 24, 2016

Agree. and I'm quite certain that goes for most people, not just some.

I saw an entire family wearing them at a children’s museum the other day. It was slammed crowded with people. If they’re ”that” scared they shouldn’t be in an optional crowded building. Their double masked kids were touching all of the same stuff hundreds of normal kids were touching. It’s nonsense. They’re clearly not scared. Their risk of exposure is HIGH in a place like that. If their fear was real, they wouldn’t be there. Yet, there they were.

So just because you saw one family doing this in a children's museum you concluded that absolutely everyone who wears a mask is making a political statement? That's just dumb.

Also, all of you here do realize what is happening, right? Some of the biggest brains to ever walk the Earth reside here, on this very forum, and lately, all I've been seeing is this huge divide when it comes to global matters like war and pandemics.

Let's face the truth - no matter what your stance is on this, we're all in the same boat more or less. By arguing and engaging in mental gymnastics all we're doing is adding more oil to the system that's failed us.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
So just because you saw one family doing this in a children's museum you concluded that absolutely everyone who wears a mask is making a political statement? That's just dumb.
It’s pretty common to use a supporting example. Not the reason all of them are crazy, but a likely example of the average dumb a$$ mask wearer. Just a recent observation.

“That’s just dumb” is a far worse argument. Go look at Maslows triangle of argument a few posts back.

Last edited:

Simon Angel

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
291%
Apr 24, 2016
It’s pretty common to use a supporting example. Not the reason all of them are crazy, but a likely example of the average dumb a$$ mask wearer. Just a recent observation.

“That’s just dumb” is a far worse argument.

"That's just dumb" was my observation of your argument. I haven't put forth any arguments because it's not my intention to argue.

I'm curious to know if, apart from being firm in your stance and not wearing a mask, you're doing anything to drive change to the things you don't like in your country's political system?

Since you are someone who often reminds people to think bigger, I think your erudition is wasted arguing in a forum.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

"That's just dumb" was my observation of your argument. I haven't put forth any arguments because it's not my intention to argue.

I'm curious to know if, apart from being firm in your stance and not wearing a mask, you're doing anything to drive change to the things you don't like in your country's political system?

Since you are someone who often reminds people to think bigger, I think your erudition is wasted arguing in a forum.
Relax. The whole point is that Lowe’s in real life looks nothing like this, at least in Texas. It’s about the phoniest commercial ever.

Simon Angel

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
291%
Apr 24, 2016
Relax. The whole point is that Lowe’s in real life looks nothing like this, at least in Texas. It’s about the phoniest commercial ever.

I'm curious to know what gave you the impression I'm not relaxed? Also, I don't care about Lowe's, just asking @Kak if he's doing something or planning on doing something regarding the things I frequently see him so passionate about.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018
Lol.

When I said this - this thread blew up with people telling me how I’m wrong! Oh the irony.

It’s just an ad, it’s just a mask, it’s just a gay person. Relax. Not everyone wearing a mask is a commie.

Ok, so which is worse. To tell a person to:
1. Stop being so sensitive
2. Calm down

??? Which one triggers more? :rofl:

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018
Likewise. ;).

You may be right, but I don’t think you are. What I don’t know for a fact is how people think in Texas. From where I live, what you are saying doesn’t compute and it looks like masks trigger you. And then… there is Texas. What do I know?

I’ll end on this. If I saw this ad without your comments, I would forget I saw it 2 seconds after. It’s not a good ad. But it wouldn’t trigger me either.

/out.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.