Kak
Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
LEGACY MEMBER
MEMBER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Concerning ethics, as it is a popular topic lately.
I went to a sporting goods store the other day for a new fishing rod. I already had in mind what I wanted and knew they carried that brand. I also expected to pay about $200.
Imagine my shock to find one marked $49.99 amidst all the other $200+ dollar rods from this brand.
Either it was marked down because it was a medium light and the rest were medium, someone seriously screwed up the tag on it, or someone intentionally swapped it.
I decided to bring it up front and ask. Now most people would probably just march their happy a$$ up there and let it ring up wrong.
The $49.99 barcode rang up a different brand. It was swapped. At that point, knowing full well the value of that rod, it really is no different than me switching a tag with something cheaper. I told the cashier it rang up a different brand and paid full price for the rod.
I don't work as hard as I do, and I don't pour blood sweat and tears into my business to pull shit over $150.
More importantly, I did that in front of my son who was surprised I admitted I needed to pay more. We don't lie, cheat or steal in this family. And while I wish I could have got that sweet deal, the $150 doesn't matter, but integrity does.
I went to a sporting goods store the other day for a new fishing rod. I already had in mind what I wanted and knew they carried that brand. I also expected to pay about $200.
Imagine my shock to find one marked $49.99 amidst all the other $200+ dollar rods from this brand.
Either it was marked down because it was a medium light and the rest were medium, someone seriously screwed up the tag on it, or someone intentionally swapped it.
I decided to bring it up front and ask. Now most people would probably just march their happy a$$ up there and let it ring up wrong.
The $49.99 barcode rang up a different brand. It was swapped. At that point, knowing full well the value of that rod, it really is no different than me switching a tag with something cheaper. I told the cashier it rang up a different brand and paid full price for the rod.
I don't work as hard as I do, and I don't pour blood sweat and tears into my business to pull shit over $150.
More importantly, I did that in front of my son who was surprised I admitted I needed to pay more. We don't lie, cheat or steal in this family. And while I wish I could have got that sweet deal, the $150 doesn't matter, but integrity does.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?






