The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Putting out Content daily - let's see what happens

Pat D. Rick

uhhh...42?
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
253%
Jun 11, 2016
How will you get people into the sales funnel though?
Mainly through Facebook.
I don't think that Google ads is the right way to go for this niche, but we'll see what works when we launch.

What has worked best for your courses?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
What has worked best for your courses?
I’ve only advertised my course to this forum. Most sales have come through here, but there’s been a few referrals. I’ve not run any ads or built a funnel - not yet anyway.

Michael Moore

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Apr 6, 2014
Athy, County Kildare, Ireland
Seems to me that Germany is a huge market for IT related , online sales , SEO , Marketing through social media etc.
Should you not look at this a s a potential short course.
What about Offering someone else course in German as a translated guide for instance.
That way both of ye increase your market and potential.
Most of the courses on here are English and ewould have a better following if translated.
Oh wait is that a fastlane idea.....ok nobody copy that just ignore I said it..... ;-)

Pat D. Rick

uhhh...42?
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
253%
Jun 11, 2016
Seems to me that Germany is a huge market for IT related , online sales , SEO , Marketing through social media etc.
Should you not look at this a s a potential short course.
What about Offering someone else course in German as a translated guide for instance.
That way both of ye increase your market and potential.
Most of the courses on here are English and ewould have a better following if translated.
Oh wait is that a fastlane idea.....ok nobody copy that just ignore I said it..... ;-)
Well, yes and no.
I'm well aware that there is less competition than in the English market. But there are plenty online courses about online marketing topics out there.
I thought about creating a special Facebook ads online course for real estate agents when I have proven that I can drive in results.

Pat D. Rick

uhhh...42?
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
253%
Jun 11, 2016
Hey everyone,
November was pretty much okay.

All in all I made about 1.100 Euros, which is pretty okay to cover my expenses.
I also got back 566 Euros in taxes from last year which is pretty nice, although I don't count it as money I earned with my own skills.

Business is getting scarce so I thought about using Google ads to get some leads in and offer my service.

I'm bringing in some leads on Facebook for the real estate agent I mentioned above, but he didn't sell a house to one of these leads yet. So I keep tweaking the campaigns and hope that he will eventually sell a house to one of the leads so that I can finally get payed as well.

By the way:
I'm currently reading "They ask, you answer" by Marcus Sheridan (recommended read).
It's an amazing book about content marketing and inbound sales. In fact I'm already taking action on some of the points he speaks about.

By now it's been about ony year in since I started out with this journey and to be honest I am not half way of where I thought I would be. I guess I'm just the most impatient guy ever...

But there is one thing I noticed some days ago:
When I first started out I was way more insecure than I'm today. I learned a lot about different skill sets and with this came a lot of confidence.
At the beginning I thought that I'll never know enough to be of great help for anybody, but now I just know who I can provide value for.

It was pretty interesting to discover how your own personality can change for the better within just a couple months.

Maybe you can give me your thoughts and insights on the progress so far :)

Pat D. Rick

uhhh...42?
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
253%
Jun 11, 2016
Alright, as I'm starting to write this we've just passed the new year here in Austria about 15 minutes ago - so happy new year I guess.
This post is probably going to be a bit longer as it summs up the last month and year.

Let's first talk money:
December has been the same as the other months before. Around 1.100 Euros. So really nothing to brag about, but a lot more than a year ago when I was only starting out.

This month however was different. Something changed. Not only business-wise, but more on a deeper personal and emotional level.
It's hard to describe, but I'm gonna try it anyway.

You know when you hear something that makes totally sense to you, but still don't do it. Like eating healthy and working out to stay in shape. We all know that, but still a lot of us don't do it.
Then all of a sudden - maybe because you are in the right emotional state - it clicks. You knew all along that this thing made sense and would be good for you, but only now you get it on a deeper level and are going to live it. There is no looking back. (Maybe this is what people here call the FTE?)

After completing the book "They ask, you answer" (mentioned in my previous post) I knew that I had to commit to this marketing strategy and put out way more content then before. Which was easy because looking back at the last year I made almost no effort promoting myself.
I can't believe how naive and stupid this was. Not anymore.

I decided to publish 3 new articles on my website per week. To get the most out of every article I digged deep on SEO and I have to say, I actually really like it. Within the last 12 months I used to learn a bit about every major online marketing skill there is. Be it google ads, social media marketing or programmatic advertising, you name it. Now having to stick with SEO I realize, this comes in a way natural to me. Search engine optimization goes hand in hand with writing articles, which I get better at with every new piece I create.

The biggest problem with content marketing and SEO although is that it takes a very long time until you see real results. On one hand this is good because it teaches me patience and boy do I need to learn how to be patient. On the other hand it's bad because I might need faster results.

This is why I now leverage other platforms to bring people on my website. I interact on 4 different social media networks with people in my target audience. Don't get me wrong, I'm not spamming anybody.
I just hop on Facebook groups and share my latest insights with people. Ask them questions about their own businesses and comment on there posts to let them know that someone actually cares about the stuff they do.

The result?
Everyday I see now 2-3 people comming from social media onto my website. I know, this isn't a lot. But keep in mind that I'm only doing this for the last 2 weeks now - starting out with zero followers. And 2 people seeing my website is infinitely more, than what would see it if I didn't do all this stuff in the first place.

Furthermore I ordered a camera and other gear so I can start making videos. The videos again will only be informative content that I can share on various platforms.

Now, do I know if this strategy will work out?
No.
But I can tell you that the past 4 weeks have been more intense than any other month in 2019. I feel that this is right because things have stopped to be easy. A good sign for real progress.

I mean the fact alone that I'm sitting here on new years eve writing this update is kind of a sign (perhapsa sign of insanity).

Let me know what you all think of this update and if you get the feeling I was trying to describe.

Pat D. Rick

uhhh...42?
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
253%
Jun 11, 2016
By the way @Andy Black is it possible to change the title of the thread?
I think by now "getting started with first results" isn't all too accurate anymore.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Thanks. Let's give it an evergreen title "The No Cheesy Title Execution Thread".
May I suggest a title that indicates what’s in the thread and what you’re doing? Something that will entice people who it might help or who might help you, yet something that deters people who it wouldn’t be relevant for?

From your first post maybe it’s something to do with going freelance, and/or copywriting/web design/digital marketing?

You could make it a simple “Pat’s Progress Thread”? Maybe with a “subtitle”?

“Pat’s Journey from Freelancer to Business Owner”?

Treat it as an exercise in writing a good subject line for an email?

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Alright, as I'm starting to write this we've just passed the new year here in Austria about 15 minutes ago - so happy new year I guess.
This post is probably going to be a bit longer as it summs up the last month and year.

Let's first talk money:
December has been the same as the other months before. Around 1.100 Euros. So really nothing to brag about, but a lot more than a year ago when I was only starting out.

This month however was different. Something changed. Not only business-wise, but more on a deeper personal and emotional level.
It's hard to describe, but I'm gonna try it anyway.

You know when you hear something that makes totally sense to you, but still don't do it. Like eating healthy and working out to stay in shape. We all know that, but still a lot of us don't do it.
Then all of a sudden - maybe because you are in the right emotional state - it clicks. You knew all along that this thing made sense and would be good for you, but only now you get it on a deeper level and are going to live it. There is no looking back. (Maybe this is what people here call the FTE?)

After completing the book "They ask, you answer" (mentioned in my previous post) I knew that I had to commit to this marketing strategy and put out way more content then before. Which was easy because looking back at the last year I made almost no effort promoting myself.
I can't believe how naive and stupid this was. Not anymore.

I decided to publish 3 new articles on my website per week. To get the most out of every article I digged deep on SEO and I have to say, I actually really like it. Within the last 12 months I used to learn a bit about every major online marketing skill there is. Be it google ads, social media marketing or programmatic advertising, you name it. Now having to stick with SEO I realize, this comes in a way natural to me. Search engine optimization goes hand in hand with writing articles, which I get better at with every new piece I create.

The biggest problem with content marketing and SEO although is that it takes a very long time until you see real results. On one hand this is good because it teaches me patience and boy do I need to learn how to be patient. On the other hand it's bad because I might need faster results.

This is why I now leverage other platforms to bring people on my website. I interact on 4 different social media networks with people in my target audience. Don't get me wrong, I'm not spamming anybody.
I just hop on Facebook groups and share my latest insights with people. Ask them questions about their own businesses and comment on there posts to let them know that someone actually cares about the stuff they do.

The result?
Everyday I see now 2-3 people comming from social media onto my website. I know, this isn't a lot. But keep in mind that I'm only doing this for the last 2 weeks now - starting out with zero followers. And 2 people seeing my website is infinitely more, than what would see it if I didn't do all this stuff in the first place.

Furthermore I ordered a camera and other gear so I can start making videos. The videos again will only be informative content that I can share on various platforms.

Now, do I know if this strategy will work out?
No.
But I can tell you that the past 4 weeks have been more intense than any other month in 2019. I feel that this is right because things have stopped to be easy. A good sign for real progress.

I mean the fact alone that I'm sitting here on new years eve writing this update is kind of a sign (perhapsa sign of insanity).

Let me know what you all think of this update and if you get the feeling I was trying to describe.
Awesome. I only just read this.

My thoughts on getting content out there:

“Video First” if you can. From the video you can extract the audio, and text. Btw... “Video First” could mean you write an article then convert it to video. To me that phrase means put video at the fore.

However, if video isn’t your thing then don’t worry about it. Audio and text are massive in their own right.

Content marketing with SEO feels too slow? Write articles and send paid visitors to them from Google or YouTube? Learn what works and hone/split-test your content. Maybe run Facebook Ads too (not my wheelhouse so I can’t really comment).

Pat D. Rick

uhhh...42?
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
253%
Jun 11, 2016
Awesome. I only just read this.

My thoughts on getting content out there:

“Video First” if you can. From the video you can extract the audio, and text. Btw... “Video First” could mean you write an article then convert it to video. To me that phrase means put video at the fore.

However, if video isn’t your thing then don’t worry about it. Audio and text are massive in their own right.

Content marketing with SEO feels too slow? Write articles and send paid visitors to them from Google or YouTube? Learn what works and hone/split-test your content. Maybe run Facebook Ads too (not my wheelhouse so I can’t really comment).
You just described the process I'm planning to go through.

Pat D. Rick

uhhh...42?
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
253%
Jun 11, 2016
May I suggest a title that indicates what’s in the thread and what you’re doing? Something that will entice people who it might help or who might help you, yet something that deters people who it wouldn’t be relevant for?

From your first post maybe it’s something to do with going freelance, and/or copywriting/web design/digital marketing?

You could make it a simple “Pat’s Progress Thread”? Maybe with a “subtitle”?

“Pat’s Journey from Freelancer to Business Owner”?

Treat it as an exercise in writing a good subject line for an email?
Yes you may. Thanks for the feedback that are very good suggestions.
  1. "From Freelancer to Emperor - follow me along"
  2. "Transitioning from Freelancer to Business Owner"
  3. "Putting out Content daily - let's see what happens"
  4. "Becoming a Media Company - starting as Freelancer"
  5. "The Story of a Rising Freelancer"
I think number 3 hits the nail on the head as it actually summs up my strategy.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Yes you may. Thanks for the feedback that are very good suggestions.
  1. "From Freelancer to Emperor - follow me along"
  2. "Transitioning from Freelancer to Business Owner"
  3. "Putting out Content daily - let's see what happens"
  4. "Becoming a Media Company - starting as Freelancer"
  5. "The Story of a Rising Freelancer"
I think number 3 hits the nail on the head as it actually summs up my strategy.
Done!

SarahO

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
151%
Dec 30, 2019
Denver, CO
Guess there is some truth in this quote:
"The amount of good luck coming your way depends on your willingness to act."

Reminds me of another good quote:

"The harder I work, the luckier I seem to get"

Pat D. Rick

uhhh...42?
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
253%
Jun 11, 2016
Alright, time for a new update.

January seemed like it would never end to me. I don't know if it's because I focus intensely on every single day to give my best or something else.

I made around 1.100 Euros. Still not a big jump, but this actually doesn't even bother me much. I worry much more on producing content that helps people with their website and maybe get me some new clients in the future.

I got 2 new clients who found me over Google ads. The good thing is that they need my help on an ongoing basis which takes some financial pressure off me.
And I already got some work in to secure next month's income.

So let's get to the more interesting stuff:
I pumped out between 550 and 600 pieces of content across 6 different plattforms.
That are:
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Instagram
  • Xing
  • Linkedin
  • Tik Tok
I started basically at 0 on each network. Although organic reach is massively dropping on instagram, it's still the plattform I got the most followers during this first month (around 70 followers right now).
Because I'm in the B2B niche I don't even expect extremely big jumps on Instagram or Tik Tok.
Twitter is pretty much dead in the german speaking community, but that's not a reason to not go for it anyway.

Unfortunately I haven't gotten into Video so far because the moment I'm starting to produce videos I can also share them on Youtube or break them into smaller pieces for other plattforms.

Fine, but what are the results so far?
After just a single month of this process there really is not a lot of results so far. I guess the fact that some people are already reaching out to me on different networks is a bit of evidence that I'm on the right track.
(I also had my first "viral" video on Tik Tok with more than 23k views - not to brag)

Because I don't do much advertising on Facebook and Instagram there won't be thousands of more followers in an instant. I am aware of that and absolutely okay with it.
I'd much rather take small steps, figure out what works on each plattform and what doesn't and then scale it with paid media.

What's actually surprising to me is that I enjoy posting on these networks and forming real connections with my community. I always hated social media as a consumer. I really did.
But from the perspective of being a producer it's a whole different game.

To often it is forgotten, that Facebook and Linkedin were created for the purpose of networking. These aren't just some profile pictures. It's real human people on the other side of the screen and we get the chance to build a relationship. That's what excites me.

What does my process look like?
Simple. I write 3 articles on my Blog per week.
I break these articles down into smaller pieces and then post these smaller pieces of content on social media.
The longer articles on my blog are actually the most crucial part to me because over time they will get some traction in the Google search results and will consistently bring in new traffic.
Well, at least that's the plan. So far I didn't do outreach to gain relevant backlinks to my site. That's something I need to tackle within the next months.

That's it for this month's update. If you have any questions don't hesitate and ask them right away.

Pat D. Rick

uhhh...42?
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
253%
Jun 11, 2016
Oh and by the way:
I already tried my first videos with just me talking into the camera. It's way more difficult than I would've expected. The second I want to start talking I kinda freeze up and forget what I want to say. As if it would matter if I made a mistake when talking. Stupid.

How are you @Andy Black and @Lex DeVille going for it. Are you guys just naturals or are you using scripts for your videos?

Maybe you can give me some hints on this.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Alright, time for a new update.

January seemed like it would never end to me. I don't know if it's because I focus intensely on every single day to give my best or something else.

I made around 1.100 Euros. Still not a big jump, but this actually doesn't even bother me much. I worry much more on producing content that helps people with their website and maybe get me some new clients in the future.

I got 2 new clients who found me over Google ads. The good thing is that they need my help on an ongoing basis which takes some financial pressure off me.
And I already got some work in to secure next month's income.

So let's get to the more interesting stuff:
I pumped out between 550 and 600 pieces of content across 6 different plattforms.
That are:
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Instagram
  • Xing
  • Linkedin
  • Tik Tok
I started basically at 0 on each network. Although organic reach is massively dropping on instagram, it's still the plattform I got the most followers during this first month (around 70 followers right now).
Because I'm in the B2B niche I don't even expect extremely big jumps on Instagram or Tik Tok.
Twitter is pretty much dead in the german speaking community, but that's not a reason to not go for it anyway.

Unfortunately I haven't gotten into Video so far because the moment I'm starting to produce videos I can also share them on Youtube or break them into smaller pieces for other plattforms.

Fine, but what are the results so far?
After just a single month of this process there really is not a lot of results so far. I guess the fact that some people are already reaching out to me on different networks is a bit of evidence that I'm on the right track.
(I also had my first "viral" video on Tik Tok with more than 23k views - not to brag)

Because I don't do much advertising on Facebook and Instagram there won't be thousands of more followers in an instant. I am aware of that and absolutely okay with it.
I'd much rather take small steps, figure out what works on each plattform and what doesn't and then scale it with paid media.

What's actually surprising to me is that I enjoy posting on these networks and forming real connections with my community. I always hated social media as a consumer. I really did.
But from the perspective of being a producer it's a whole different game.

To often it is forgotten, that Facebook and Linkedin were created for the purpose of networking. These aren't just some profile pictures. It's real human people on the other side of the screen and we get the chance to build a relationship. That's what excites me.

What does my process look like?
Simple. I write 3 articles on my Blog per week.
I break these articles down into smaller pieces and then post these smaller pieces of content on social media.
The longer articles on my blog are actually the most crucial part to me because over time they will get some traction in the Google search results and will consistently bring in new traffic.
Well, at least that's the plan. So far I didn't do outreach to gain relevant backlinks to my site. That's something I need to tackle within the next months.

That's it for this month's update. If you have any questions don't hesitate and ask them right away.
This is fascinating as it’s so different from what I do.

I post a lot too but mostly in one place - this forum.

The other place I post is YouTube. I’m not trying to make anything go viral. I *am* trying to figure out what people like and respond to though.

I’m also not interested in growing a following, audience or subscribers. I’ll run ads to try to make sales, or email subscribers that would turn into sales.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Oh and by the way:
I already tried my first videos with just me talking into the camera. It's way more difficult than I would've expected. The second I want to start talking I kinda freeze up and forget what I want to say. As if it would matter if I made a mistake when talking. Stupid.

How are you @Andy Black and @Lex DeVille going for it. Are you guys just naturals or are you using scripts for your videos?

Check out the first video in the “AndyTalks” progress thread in my signature, and also the first video in the “Figuring Out YouTube” progress thread.

Yeah, it’s super weird the first few times talking to a phone/camera with no-one there. Keep doing it and it becomes second nature.

I mention what I do in those two videos... my goal is to help people, and I imagine I’m talking to someone. That way I find everything falls into place.

I tried a script once and it was a disaster. I can’t follow scripts!

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Oh and by the way:

I had trouble with straight talking at first. I'd try to remember the points I wanted to say and get all caught up in my head, which lead to freezing. It took a while, but mostly I just talk free form and let the thoughts flow so it all comes out natural and I don't have to go back and do cuts and piece things together. I'm testing limited scripts in my videos now just to change things up, but it's hard to sound natural when reading from a script. Just takes practice tho.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I had trouble with straight talking at first. I'd try to remember the points I wanted to say and get all caught up in my head, which lead to freezing. It took a while, but mostly I just talk free form and let the thoughts flow so it all comes out natural and I don't have to go back and do cuts and piece things together. I'm testing limited scripts in my videos now just to change things up, but it's hard to sound natural when reading from a script. Just takes practice tho.
Actually, I’ve started putting scripted parts on the end of my YouTube videos (the part where you ask people to like, share, subscribe, etc.). They definitely don’t come across as natural at the moment.

I’m sure practice will help. Or maybe I’ll end up just saying it all as part of the main video once I’m more used to doing them.

Pat D. Rick

uhhh...42?
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
253%
Jun 11, 2016
I’ll run ads to try to make sales, or email subscribers that would turn into sales.

I also got my new clients through the google ads as emntioned above. Although I don't have an email newsletter yet.

Yeah, it’s super weird the first few times talking to a phone/camera with no-one there. Keep doing it and it becomes second nature.

That's what I thought. As with most things, it's only hard until it gets easy. Thanks for the recommendation!

but it's hard to sound natural when reading from a script

Exactly. I think I'll use some scripts partly at the beginning just to remember what to say. But it should sound as natural as possible.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I’ve just remembered that the snapchat app was helpful for teaching me to talk slower and in more complete sentences.

Pat D. Rick

uhhh...42?
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
253%
Jun 11, 2016
I’ve just remembered that the snapchat app was helpful for teaching me to talk slower and in more complete sentences.

Interesting. Snapchat is one of the few platforms I'm not even registered.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Interesting. Snapchat is one of the few platforms I'm not even registered.
I wasn’t trying to build a following, or even post content to the few people who followed me. I found it valuable to be able to quickly create a 10 second video clips, redo till happy, add to my story, and then download the story as a video I’d edited as I went along.

Pat D. Rick

uhhh...42?
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
253%
Jun 11, 2016
Hey everyone,

February is obviously over which means it's time for a new update.

Had a slow start this month so I didn't put out quite as much content as last month. But still posting several pieces of content per day. I also dropped "Xing" as a plattform because there is zero interaction between users over there.

What excites me is that my daily posting seems to work, as I already secured two deals to do business with people just because they saw me posting a lot about optimizing websites (one on Linkedin and one on Facebook).
On an another ocasion I offered to analyse a website for free within a facebook group. The only condition was that I would be allowed to document the whole process on my own blog and they would get a backlink of course. A lot of people responded wanting me to analyse their website.
So I analysed the website of one company which ended in my longest blogpost ever. Next I postet my results into that facebook group so everyone could analyse their own website with the exact steps I provided.
The guy whose website I analysed was amazed and meant that he would come back to me in March to see if we can work together fixing all the errors I encountered.
Why in March? Because there is an election going on right now and he is one of the top candidates. It's a rather small election for the chamber of commerce. But still it's always valuable to get in touch in people who know a lot of other people.

Then there is another great idea that struck me. I can talk a lot about how to optimize website for search engines and all that stuff, but talk is cheap as we all know. So I came to the conclusion that I should start a new website and apply all my theoretical knowledge. The whole process will be documented on my current blog and social media channels.
This way I'm not just talking about the things that work. Instead I can show what works and what doesn't.

Moneywise this month was pretty much okay - I know I keep saying this for months now. But the good news is that I already some offers on the table for the next month. Looks like March and April are going to be a bit better as of now because I finally have some small MRR deals.
Of course I will keep posting and engaging with people to build my community.

That's it for this month's update.

Any quetions or feedback? Feel free to share your thoughts!

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Hey everyone,

February is obviously over which means it's time for a new update.

Had a slow start this month so I didn't put out quite as much content as last month. But still posting several pieces of content per day. I also dropped "Xing" as a plattform because there is zero interaction between users over there.

What excites me is that my daily posting seems to work, as I already secured two deals to do business with people just because they saw me posting a lot about optimizing websites (one on Linkedin and one on Facebook).
On an another ocasion I offered to analyse a website for free within a facebook group. The only condition was that I would be allowed to document the whole process on my own blog and they would get a backlink of course. A lot of people responded wanting me to analyse their website.
So I analysed the website of one company which ended in my longest blogpost ever. Next I postet my results into that facebook group so everyone could analyse their own website with the exact steps I provided.
The guy whose website I analysed was amazed and meant that he would come back to me in March to see if we can work together fixing all the errors I encountered.
Why in March? Because there is an election going on right now and he is one of the top candidates. It's a rather small election for the chamber of commerce. But still it's always valuable to get in touch in people who know a lot of other people.

Then there is another great idea that struck me. I can talk a lot about how to optimize website for search engines and all that stuff, but talk is cheap as we all know. So I came to the conclusion that I should start a new website and apply all my theoretical knowledge. The whole process will be documented on my current blog and social media channels.
This way I'm not just talking about the things that work. Instead I can show what works and what doesn't.

Moneywise this month was pretty much okay - I know I keep saying this for months now. But the good news is that I already some offers on the table for the next month. Looks like March and April are going to be a bit better as of now because I finally have some small MRR deals.
Of course I will keep posting and engaging with people to build my community.

That's it for this month's update.

Any quetions or feedback? Feel free to share your thoughts!
Well done!

How about video reviews of people’s sites too? I use Loom a lot.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.