The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

"Put Down The FN Donuts!" (A Journey of Getting Healthy)

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Chitown

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Apr 14, 2009
Culver City
Well, here we are three weeks removed from the end of the Meetup and I'm just getting around to responding to the gauntlet thrown down by @LightHouse during his brief address to the Summit attendees.

He gently admonished us to not treat the Meetup as a "tips, tactics and tricks" conference but, rather, as an informal, quality networking opportunity that should be exploited - and I mean that in the best sense of the word - to its fullest capacity. (As an aside, via a special guest appearance, @Vigilante, did the same)

He also encouraged us to start execution/progress threads based on our experience that wonderful weekend and, as a nod to my presentation, mine will concentrate on weight loss. Specifically, my own.

At 5'8, 223 lbs I am overweight. Things need to change - quickly - but, of course, won't happen overnight. That is why I have given myself a target date: December 10, 2018

My birthday. A day when the proverbial "suit" such days are known for should be in good working order and bedroom-ready.:smile2: My target weight is 170-175 lbs with bodyfat at 10%. I wanted to return to muy thai ( I studied a bit years ago but not long enough to call myself a practitioner, by any stretch) but my cardiologist ixnayed that choice. He said my bllod pressure was too high.

Walking was recommended. I sulked. "Walking? Boring-a$$ s--t! How about Power Yoga?" Yoga was allowed. Thank goodness. Walking is great but I prefer a really active exercise routine. Which brings me to yoga. Not the most active exercise. However, for any people, especially the fellas, who think yoga is a little soft for them?

Disavow yourself of that opinion swiftly. Yoga will kick your keister! And clear your mind, which I need if 2018 is the year I anticipate it to be.

I don't know which form this progress thread will take but I'd like share videos, pictures, recipes and whatever else you folks might find interesting.

And there is another very special reason I want to start this thread.

@Philip Marlowe approached me as hotel staff were breaking down our meeting room. He took to heart what I'd said during my presentation about my health and wanted to stress the importance of optimal fitness. I didn't know him outside of his posts on the forum but the fact that he felt compelled to speak with me about the issue was humbling.

And appreciated. 'Til the next post...:smile2:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Could you please change the title to "Put Down The F--kin' Donuts!"

I changed it...

Walking was recommended. I sulked. "Walking? Boring-a$$ s--t! How about Power Yoga?" Yoga was allowed. Thank goodness. Walking is great but I prefer a really active exercise routine. Which brings me to yoga. Not the most active exercise. However, for any people, especially the fellas, who think yoga is a little soft for them?

Just an FYI, 70-80% of your progress will come from what you put in your mouth, not from exercise.

So following the 80/20 rule, the #1 thing you should think about is FOOD, then exercise #2. Just an FYI.

There are some threads here about Paleo, Vegan, Vegetarian, and Intermittent Fasting; those seem to work well for a lot of people.

Nice to see the Execution thread from you! Yes! Lets make a new true story!

Chitown

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Apr 14, 2009
Culver City
Hey Guys!

I turn 48, today. I'm down to 200 poiunds. Lost 23. Didn't hit my goal but I'll be there within four months because I can finally work out with a trainer. I experienced some health-related setbacks that were a lot more serious than previously thought - I knew fat was bad for you but I didn't realize that it is so toxic to the body. All those years walking around with that much weight on your waist does a job on your liver. The lack of exercise puts your lungs at a serious disadvangtage, as well.

I have dark spots all over my body from the liver issues. I'll post a pic when I clear up.

MJ said it in the Millionaire Fastlane : Health! You're not really wealthy without good solid health; everything else is bullshit. You don't know powerlessness until you're on a flat bench, pre-maturely attempting to throw up iron before you've had your heart stress test and have that iron damn near collapse onto your chest.

I've also had to do lots of Mindset work. Talk about some serious issues; this year has been a motherfcker! I'll engage over the next few days. Hope everyone has been well!:)

Chitown

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Apr 14, 2009
Culver City
@Chitown About to hit my garage gym - talk to me Chitown!
@Philip Marlowe,

What's going on, man!:smile2:

Hey, folks!

I've been MIA a couple of months. Lot of non weight loss-related stuff, happening. I mourned several deaths, dealt with a nasty, lengthy case of sciatica and am still processing the recent dissolution of the relationship with my father. (That one is a F*cking doozy!)

Several positive things to report, as well. I'll communicate very soon Thanks, guys!:smile2:

eliquid

( Jason Brown )
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
519%
May 29, 2013
my man @Chitown

I know we are all different and will do/like different things. But I wanted to at least tell you some of my story too and what helped me.

Diabetes and cancer runs in my family. So does overweight and heart conditions.

I'm about the same height as you and I got up to about 310lbs before I really took shit seriously.

I guess I don't have to talk about age either, but you know once you hit 40's things start to change and get harder.

So here I was at 39 and 310lbs facing pre-diabetes and possible cancer/heart conditions too.

I decided to put down the damn donuts, literally.

While I didn't do this on purpose, I transformed into the intermittent fasting daily life. Not really because of my weight, but time management.

I would get up at 8am, go straight to work and not think about food for hours. I'm talking about like 4pm. I was just too busy and focused to care about anything else but work. Yeah, this is unhealthy too kinda.. but it's what got it working for me.

I'd eat whatever I want ( within reason ) and changed from Dr. Pepper to water and then get back to work and maybe eat again around 8pm too as a snack.

Then I went to bed and rinse/repeated. I got to the point that after months of this I just got use to eating 1x a day and the meal isnt even that big. I eat my wings and fries, steak and chicken, shrimp and lobster, etc....

I got down to 230lbs in less than 9 months. Maybe faster, i didn't really count but it was quick.

I still have a while to go and I did NO exercise at all.

Maybe you love to eat ( I know I do ) so this might be hard to pull off. Or maybe you want to exercise ( which is good! ). Just know you can pull this off by watching what goes in your mouth like @MJ DeMarco said.

I'm going to join the challenge with you to get under 200lbs by your birthday too.

Anyone else up for it?

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Years ago, when I lived in London and was fighting fit, my job moved to another building.

I didn’t have to commute by motorbike anymore and instead walked to work each day.

30 minutes there, 30 minutes back.

Before I knew it the walk happened on autopilot. I set off, then somehow I arrived.

I was already the fittest and leanest in the office. I played squash or 5-aside soccer every day. I lifted weights or did circuits 5 days a week. I even had a six pack.

I was shocked after that first month of walking into work though. I’d lost half a stone! I didn’t think I had half a stone to lose.

A few years ago I went for a 40 minute walk every evening. I remember feeling so peaceful that year.

I highly recommend going for a stroll every day. Not as “an exercise”. Just wear your normal clothes.

Make it part of your lifestyle - maybe walking a dog, maybe visiting a friend. Maybe ditching the car for some trips and walking instead.

If not walking, then find some movement you enjoy and do it everyday.

(On that note I’m gonna grab my coat and head out for a morning stroll. I may stop by a cafe for a cup of tea on the way.)

Good luck!

TKDTyler

The Tea Guy
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
347%
Aug 25, 2014
Just a few tips I've picked up over the years training athletes and helping them out with their diets to make weight as well as consistantly dieting in and out of competition seasons myself:

1. Don't check the scale every day. Remember it is about the process and not the event. Checking on specific days throughout the month (2 week periods are a good timeframe), and just stick to the diet and adjust accordingly.

Also, instead of going by pounds lost, you can reference it to % lost instead. As you lose weight, your losses will also taper off without increased physical activity (less weight = less daily caloric burn, more on that with #3).

2a. Cheat meals are okay. Cheat Days are not. Balance is important, and there is no reason to cut out some of the things you love - just take them in moderation rather than gluttony. Regarding cheat meals, it is about the taste, not the quantity. Enjoy it for what it is, but limit overindulging. Typically I would recommend 2 cheat meals a week if you are active with daily workouts, 1 if you are not.

2b. Portion control is key. Eating out is okay, but typically american meals are way too large for a weight loss diet. Box half of that meal up, save it for later!

3. It's not luck, its math!

Calories in < Calories out. Know what your rough number is. Based on internet calculators (Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR) Calculator), it says you'll be sitting at around 2000 calories a day. This may seem excessive, but as @eliquid stated, by decreasing his intake, he was still burning considerable calories. Remember that it takes energy to move around all that weight - It is like a 150lb person carrying around 60 pounds of weight every day, 24 hours a day. All that is excess energy.

For reference:
1 Mile walk for 120lb person = 60cal
1 Mile Walk for 180lb person = 100cal
So for 220lb, 1mile = ~130cal.

1 pound of fat = 3500 calories. To gain 1 pound, your body needs an excess of 3500 calories. The same is true of losing 1 pound.

If you set the goal for 2 pounds a week, that is 7000 calories under your weekly caloric intake, which is 1000 calories under daily. If you are active and workout every day - with the combination of your current activity (walking helps more than you know!), 1000/day is achievable.

Without active workouts, 500 under is easily doable. Additionally, taking the time to learn about how food is processed and stored is very helpful from a mental state perspective. It helps you understand why some diets are structured differently than others. Different lifestyles require different diets.

Ex. Body will convert sugar to fat storage much faster chemically if that excess of energy is not used. it is okay for athletes to eat sugar because that energy dense food will be burned quickly in their practices (high level athletes burn upwards of 1000 cal/practice). For others, workouts may sit between 300-500 calories, so there is not as much excess burn to cover for energy dense foods.

4. HYDRATE. Drink as much water as you can. Water helps with weight loss. It will also help by reducing appitite (often times we believe we are hungry, when in fact, a glass of water will quench the appitite.) I recommend dabbling in tea if you're looking for another black hole to get lost learning in.

5. Listen to your body. I cannot stress this enough. Rapid change in diet changes body chemistry (For the better) and there will some unexpected reactions as you go through your process.

a. As you cut out sugar from your diet, especially sodas, your body will go through a withdrawal phase - Sugar is an addictive substance and the body recognizes it as an energy dense substance. Sugar is necessary in order for our bodies to function properly. Biologically speaking, fat is a store of energy, and storing energy is good for survival.

b. There will be days where you feel like you have no energy. You'll be tired. Lethargic. This is due to caloric deficit and your body burning stored energy in order to fuel its functions. It is a double edge

c. Hangriness! Emotional mood swings.

Every heard of being Hangry? It's the closest thing to PMS for men.

That change in body chemistry will also bring along an emotional response. Shorter tolerances. Easier irritability. Less Patience. I've seen it time and time again, where even though the person has the best intention, the change in body chemistry has created a "snappy" character trait, not out of spite or malice, just chemistry imbalance. It is extremely important to be very self aware and recognize when you start getting into a state of high irritability, so when it does happen, you'll recognize when buy your wonderful wife some flowers and chocolate :cool:

You will have a tight knit support group through your goals. There will be ups and downs. Days you will want to quit. Days you will feel guilty. Days you will feel great. Just remember that the people who support you will put up with all of it only to a certain point.

Based on our interactions, I have no doubt you will be fine in this department. But for anybody else reading this and dieting, be very aware how your emotional state will affect your relationships. Don't lose valuable relationships over small things!

I sort of just brain dumped this so if anything doesn't make sense or you have any other questions, you know how to reach me.

Added bonus: You've inspired me to get back into my own fitness. I'm going to go 1.5~2lb a week to cut all this holiday fluff, then going to get some gains. Need to get screen ready!

T

Last edited:

TKDTyler

The Tea Guy
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
347%
Aug 25, 2014
Back in the day - 15 or 16 years ago - my cheat days were hedonistic. Saturday. Friday, really, at midnight. A pint of Ben & Jerry's Vanilla Caramel and Fudge Ice Cream. Go to sleep. Breakfast was 3 eggs w/cheese, 4 strips of crispy piggy, home fries as big as my fist and so much orange juice that were I to race the Road Runner I'd make him look like a sleepwalker. Good eatin'. And then there was lunch...

A beautiful sausage and pepperoni pizza. Sometimes medium, sometimes large. It depended on my mood.

I’ve discovered the title for your first production:

@Chitown stars in a @Chitown original...

Memoirs of Pounds Forgotten

A @Chitown
C66_BB78_F_28_A1_4_E18_A954_87_E03_F949_BB7.jpg

I really hope you write a book one day my friend. Even through writing, your storytelling and energy resonates through your words!

Chitown

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Apr 14, 2009
Culver City
Just an FYI, 70-80% of your progress will come from what you put in your mouth, not from exercise.
@MJ DeMarco,

Absolutely! I've already cut back on sugar and beer. Surprisingly, I don't find myself craving the stuff. A lot of it has to do with a conversation I had with @LightHouse a couple of weeks ago. He mentioned that he didn't "dabble". Either you're committing or bullshitting. I am bringing my behind over to the non-dabble side of the menu. Considering how ruthless the people are in this forum when it comes to fakers, Fastlane wrath is not to be f---ked with!

I plan to ask a local Fastlaner to be my "authenticator" when it comes to confirming weight loss numbers. Also, I will check out the different diet threads you mentioned. I picked up a copy of a paleo magazine a couple of weeks ago. My lady loves it and is already planning menus for our family.

Another true story on tap.

Thanks for the well-wishes, MJ!

Chitown

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Apr 14, 2009
Culver City
I'm sure I can speak for everyone, but it would be great if we can get another 45-55 years of true stories!
@MJ DeMarco,

LOL!!!

Here's one...true story...

Idris Elba was one of my chauffeured transportation clients for a couple of years. One night we're out in Malibu, because he was chilling out at Sean Penn's house. It had been a long day. I'm sitting in the SUV out front, it's dark as hell and I was hungry as a mickey-fickey. I called Idris to let him know I was going to grab what else? A burger from Jack in the Box. there's another true story related to that burger joint but I digress.

Idris said he'd speak with Sean about my eating what they had in the house. He hung up and 5 minutes later Sean Penn is at my driver side window, inviting me into his home. He apologizes for not having anymore chicken but says he has steak. Ribeye to be exact. He didn't have to ask me twice. I sat at his dining room table and enjoyed that steak. What a delicious meal, prepared by a gracious host.

True story.

Chitown

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Apr 14, 2009
Culver City
I went to Bed Bath and Beyond this morning after taking my eldest son to school. I bought a HoMedics Bath Scale 531 Bodyanalyzer. It measures body weight, body fat, body water, BMI and a bunch of other stuff. After applying one of the 20% off coupons that constantly show up in my mailbox (all mail is not junk, folks) total cost for the equipment was $43.00 and some change.

I had only 8 oz. of cold water when I got up this morning because I wanted to weigh myself and share the results. I returned home, stripped down to my drawers and got on the scale.

I was 223 pounds when I attended the Meetup. I now weigh 215 pounds.

I will post a before pic in the thread this weekend. I'll also respond to the folks I haven't gotten to today. I really appreciate all the support.:smile2:

Gary

Elevatin' the Celebratin'
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
313%
Mar 18, 2011
San Diego
@Chitown, you made a good point about the stereotypical male opinion of yoga. I had the same dim view. But @Garyswife flipped me and I ain't looking back. Yoga is a major league workout. I've been taking the high-energy weights meets yoga meets cardio classes and it is a humbling yet massively rewarding experience.

You got this.

Looking forward to your progress and seeing less of you;)

eliquid

( Jason Brown )
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
519%
May 29, 2013
Im gonna try to pump up @Chitown here.

Starting Monday, I convinced my whole family to go on Intermittent Fasting and only drink water ( compared to their Mountain Dew ).

My kids want to lose 20 lbs each, I want to lose about 40 lbs, and my wife wants to lose some as well.

My whole family is onboard @Chitown , so you better come with the good updates.

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Don't eat: (1) vegetable oils (canola, corn, soybean etc.) which is what's in most manufactured food/restaurants - its cheaper.

For what it's worth - Ghee (clarified butter) is damn delicious.

It's all I use in all of my cooking these days and everything tastes better for it (it has a nutty, buttery, silky smooth flavor). Rather than just being a heat-delivery system like most oils, I find it's almost like a secret ingredient in many foods I cook.

And it's one of the healthier / more natural fats you can use from my understanding. You can find large jars of the stuff in any international foods section (Indian food in particular uses it extensively).

I also find it incorporates better into meals unlike some oils that end up oil-slick and make things "greasy".

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
I hope you aren't planning your cheat day already :D

I am proud of you Tony. Losing the weight you want, is a lot easier than your mind is telling you. Start small with committed changes, and work your way up. None of it has to be painful and uncomfortable.

I am excited to see the progress of this thread.

Edit also for clarity (nod to the @biophase KSB method) you want to get down 53lbs in 276 days from today. That is roughly losing 5.76lbs a month, So call it 6lbs every 31 days from today. Also seen as 1.5 lbs a week if it happened on schedule (we know weight loss happens in stages).

Last edited:

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Damn it I am on the fence.

Afraid to commit.

Because once I commit, there is zero chance I am going to let you people down.

#PrideComesBeforeTheFat

You people could help me by stopping bumping this thread.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Here it is folks! 47 years old and 212 pounds. I look fifteen years older. Gotta go...gotta go!

You don't look out of shape at all. I see some great genetics and body tone underneath there, it's just buried under a little too much feel good eating... you got this!

Chitown

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Apr 14, 2009
Culver City
@Chitown - congrats on the life decision.

Honestly, I see these things as extremely binary.

I am going to be the best entrepreneur I can be if I am healthy, have stamina, endurance and good self esteem.

I don’t believe I can be the best businessman I can be if I am not taking excellent care of my body.

Health for me comes from making healthy food and excercise choices.

It’s binary to me. I either do it, or I don’t.
And if I *don’t* do it, then, I can’t look at myself in the mirror, as I’m living a lie.

So, I excercise 3 days a week (boxing) and hired a lady to help monitor my eating. I personally eat more meals, in smaller quantities. This helps me not eat big meals that I don’t need.

Nothing from fast food, nothing from a food court. Basically, most of what people eat, I don’t eat.

And then I excercise. I lost weight (I’m 160lbs and 5’9, lost about 11 pounds), look better, feel better and my girlfriend is happier :)

To me, it’s binary. I either do it or I don’t.

You seem like a smart guy. Hopefully you’ll be able to make the smart choice and get yourself on the healthy path once and for all.

A lot of people here are rooting for you. Keep us updated on your progress, and don’t let us down :)

@WestCoast,

You are absolutely correct! I've said to my lady on more than one occasion that until I get my physical being straight, my mental and spiritual capacities will continue to suffer. I remember how sharp my thinking was before packing on all this weight. In my current condition I sometimes forget if I've washed my feet during a shower and will re-wash them just in case.

I stand there thinking, "Damn! I'm not even social security age, yet, I can't remember little stuff."

That has been a tremendous wake up call! After the Meetup a binary choice was the only choice on the table for me. My family has a right to expect that I'll take care of myself. Plus, I don't want to be the laughing stock of the Fastlane. Now that scares me.

Thanks for the well-wishes!

Limitless4Life

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
274%
Dec 20, 2016
Take it for what it's worth, but my highest recommendation for a health book is "Deep Nutrition" by Dr. Cate Shanahan. This is a deep read explaining why our ancestors were much healthier than we are now, how food is a language/set of instructions from our environment that are given to our DNA (in other words, we change our 'genetics' by how we eat) and how the rise of vegetable oils are literally killing us. It will change how you think of nutrition much like Unscripted changes how you think of, well, the Script.

Quick (unpersuasive) Summary:
Don't eat: (1) vegetable oils (canola, corn, soybean etc.) which is what's in most manufactured food/restaurants - its cheaper. (2) excess sugar

Do eat: (1)meat on the bone (2)sprouted/fermented foods (pickles, yogurt, ezekiel bread) (3) fresh food (local, pasture raised meat/milk etc.) (4)organ meat...yes liver, hearts, eyes etc. If you can't do it, eat your eggs with runny yolks - similar makeup.

Best of luck to you sir!

Philip Marlowe

Every Day On, No Days Off
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Apr 28, 2017
NE
It's embarrassing to say, but between @Raoul Duke, me, and @Chitown we probably have a collective 200lbs to lose. I could lose 80 lbs myself. Imagine waking-up and putting-on an 80 lb pack every day, all day. Imagine how nice it would be to not do that!?

And it's more than just the weight. If you've never been heavy, it creeps into every part of your life. Clothes become more expensive or hard to find. Your partner can't sleep because of your epic snoring.

Some of us (me) even thought being "big" was cool. For awhile, I actually thought I was in shape! Bench 315 for reps - yup! Run on a treadmill for 5 minutes - nope!

I hope to barely recognize you guys next year.

If we can't control the shit we put in our mouths, how do we realistically expect to grow a business? Or conversely, if you've somehow manage to create a thriving business, why can't you put down the donuts?

I could probably not eat for 5 days and live and yet I don't eat a meal and think I might die or lose muscle or some other bullshit thing I tell myself to justify eating bad food.

Damn this shit gets me fired-up.

Had a good week of travel. Lots of walking and kept it healthy. Need to weigh myself tomorrow.

-PM

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Chi! So glad you posted this! I have been hoping to see it up soon, and here it is.

You are making me feel like an a**hole though, the wife and I abandoned the winter and are in Mexico for the rest of it. Tacos, tacos, tacos, and more tacos. Not the best! We did hit the grocery store and get a ton of fruits and eggs for the morning though. Time to eat some healthy breakfasts now. One meal at a time while in paradise!

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
@ExaltedLife

Thank you! That's what I was thinking. I look at a set of weights and yoke up - you're probably the same way.:) I want to lose as much as I can - through better eating habits - without hitting the weights, right now. Those are literally doctor's orders. Once I get my blood pressure down we're going to perform a stress test to determine whether I can return to the gym.

Those exercises you listed above are some of my favorites. I'd like to find a gym in the L.A.-area with tires, ropes, sledgehammers, etc. I love that stuff and what it does to your body. Sand bag workouts are another method I recently discovered. Damn! Talk about an incredible workout...
Great and all, but what are your results from the past week? Each update you are talking about stuff you want to do...but nothing about what you have done.

How's this week's weigh in, how's the new patterns going, how's giving those clients off, how's the new biz ideas work....

Come on Tony, quit bullshitting us! [emoji173]

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
As you know, the quality of what we put in our mouths is 80%

I'm sure you've heard the "The 80/20 Rule" but when it comes to food, it's 80/100... 80% of your results will be accounted by 100% of what you put in your mouth. 20% of your results will come from activity; gym, exercise, etc.

Gym = Event.
Food = Process.

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
For what it's worth - Ghee (clarified butter) is damn delicious.

It's all I use in all of my cooking these days and everything tastes better for it (it has a nutty, buttery, silky smooth flavor). Rather than just being a heat-delivery system like most oils, I find it's almost like a secret ingredient in many foods I cook.

And it's one of the healthier / more natural fats you can use from my understanding. You can find large jars of the stuff in any international foods section (Indian food in particular uses it extensively).

I also find it incorporates better into meals unlike some oils that end up oil-slick and make things "greasy".

I've been using ghee, nakano rice vinegar and montana mex avocado oil. Yummm! Delicious.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Thank you for your well-wishes.

You bet.

I'm sure I can speak for everyone, but it would be great if we can get another 45-55 years of true stories!

Dave Daily

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
209%
Feb 22, 2018
Chico, CA
I agree with MJ about food being the most important factor. Food is my drug of choice and I can easily yoyo up and down with 80 to 100 pound swings. At any age that's dangerous, but at my current age, 48, even more so. After watching Forks Over Knives (a documentary that's not everyone's cup of tea) I switched to a whole food plant based diet. I still have a long way to go, but when you're at risk, you're willing to make big changes.

Congrats on your commitment. It's hard to be a high energy business person if your health isn't where it should be.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.