The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

[Progress] The Road to a wholesome Unscripted Life

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
I'm with you, let's make it happen or die trying

Yup, either it's to the skies or to the graves. The only easy day was yesterday.

Ravens_Shadow

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
643%
Oct 2, 2012
Austin, TX
If my current hustle fails, I'll start another and another. f*ck THIS.

Planning on giving up so easily? The more time you put in, the better your chances of this being a success. If you think about it as oh I'll just do the next hustle or the next hustle, seems like you're chasing a shortcut.

Xeon

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
Planning on giving up so easily? The more time you put in, the better your chances of this being a success. If you think about it as oh I'll just do the next hustle or the next hustle, seems like you're chasing a shortcut.

Nah, not chasing shortcuts, just making plans for the worst. I mean, I'm giving myself 2 years for this and I'm going be monitoring the sales. If sales don't pick up after say, 8 months, I may consider quitting and moving on.
Anyway, it's too early to say as I haven't launched.

Some updates.

1) It's Day 2 of the IG giveaway contest. There's currently about 10 - 11 people in the giveaway, I guess by the end of deadline, I might get 15 - 17 if I'm lucky. My plan is that during the last 24 hours, I'll make a final call using Instagram Stories. This feature is really cool, it drives additional traffic and gets you extra eyeballs to the IG profile. Always use and abuse IG Stories.

2) Just joined an IG engagement pod. Much of this is automated, and they've a bot to allow me to paste the IG URLs to like, and I just paste them in, and the bot will run them through and auto-like from chrome browser. I'll play with this engagement pod for 1 - 2 weeks to see if it gets me a boost in engagement.

3) Came across a Instagram engagement "managed service" where they will boost your engagement and followers, but after emailing them, I realize they're using the mass Follow/Unfollow technique.
That's pretty much what all these guys are doing nowadays. It's US$60 for the basic plan and over US$200 for the "premium" plan.

4) Manufacturer sent me pics of the first product for approval. It looks really good, I'm quite proud of it.
It feels so different when you see it come to life.
I gave them some very minor comments (I'm a picky guy), and they'll be churning out the rest. Only issue on my part was that I should have ordered more of another type, but it's too late now. But now that I know, I can do this for the next product.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Xeon

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
Quick update. Products will be ready approx mid-next week.

Meanwhile, for the Instagram Giveaway Contest Results....

Gained 10 new followers (but lost about 5 afterwards), total 68 comments in the giveaway post and total of 26 participants.

One thing I learnt, is that giveaways should be restricted to the US if you intend to ship the product from Amazon. The winner of my giveaway is from a country in the middle east, and the cost to ship there is almost 5 F*ckING TIMES the cost of the gift! WTF x3!

I'm now checking with the winner if they will accept Amazon gift card instead. The value will be 2x the cost of the toy which is still a win for them.

If not, I'll have to suck it up and pay for that insane shipping cost in order not to leave a bad rep.

Expensive lesson learnt.

But thinking about it, I'll stop giveaways for now and concentrate the limited funds I've, to spend on influencers instead. I believe the ROI will be much better.

Currently looking for a freight consolidator to see if I can get the goods shipped to the US in a cheaper manner. Manufacturer is quoting me USD285 to ship a 33 lbs (15.6 KG) box from SE Asia there, what a pain for my $$$.

I also bought Walter Hay's book for my new reading material, and once I'm done, will get Jim Cockrun's book.

I've also been reading many threads here, and with the limited funds I've, I realized I can't use the shock-and-awe approach some folks here are doing. You know, going in with guns blazing and throwing money on sponsoring events, doing trade shows, hiring photo-shoots and all the big gala stuff which burn cash like no tomorrow.

My strategy would be to go small and slow, and give myself a very good sustainable burn rate. This will lengthen the time to succeed but well.

I've this book called the One Page Marketing Plan. It says the no. 1 reason why small businesses fail is due to them burning their cash too fast, trying to market like the big boys in building "brand awareness". It's like, Coca-Cola and Nike can throw more than US$30 million a year running ads showing their logo and lifestyle videos without any CTA or driving any sales, but can you?

Xeon

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
Finally! The first batch of products are ready.
The manufacturer sent me some photos of 20 - 30 of them all on the floor (they were packing it into the box).
It's now being shipped out to the warehouse in the US.
It feels good to see your own products come to life.

The shocking thing is.....the manu told me the products will reach the US warehouse next Monday!
WTF! I'm not even prepared, caught with my pants down in bed.
I thought DHL usually takes 5 - 6 days for international shipments.
I just emailed the fulfillment center and I hope they'll be ready.

Been looking at the costs again, and I realize I need to find a manu in the US.
I always thought Asia gives the best prices, but it's not always true.
And the shipping cost from Asia to USA is insane.
Actually, for my case, a completely custom design will be cheaper in Asia, but since it's only semi-custom, the US is way cheaper. USD400+ cheaper in fact!

For a mere 34 lbs (15+ KG) box to the US, it's USD285++ by DHL, and I can't find any freight consolidator who would do this.
Most don't even bother replying except for 2, and one of them is quoting a price 3x the cost of my products. WTF WTF WTF
The whole shipping industry needs a shakeup.
They need something to disrupt their entire industry, let those fat shipping guys go out of jobs.
Then they'll work harder to keep costs cheaper. Like how Uber shakes up the cab industry.

For my Instagram, ever since using Everliker plugin, I've been gaining 14 - 20 new followers a day.
Gained 21 today! My goal is to hit 10K by 31 Dec 2018.

Also, I posted a few ads on my local equivalent of craigslist to find small gigs to further fund my fastlane hustle. My salary isn't enough. Actually it is, but I need 2 months of day-job salary to fund the next batch of products (assuming 0 sales in first batch).
I've also cut out all un-needed spending, such as giving up protein powder (one tub is expensive as F*ck).

Next step :

I've contacted a photographer from South America, the land of the legendary hispanic girls (never really seen one before in real life here).
He'll do product shots (with and without people). Then with those professional shots, I will contact a few IG influencers in my niche and get them to endorse it after I sent them the products.
I believe professionally done shots will entice them more to join me.
Trying not to spend any additional dime on the IG influencers. If they require $, I'll look for the next one.
"Here, take my product and shoot a pic of yourself using it. Hurry up! Ain't got no time to wait for you!"

Then, once all the photos are in, I'll do the last finishing touches to the website......and I'm ready to launch!

My level of self-doubt is insane now. Through the roof.
I have all these grand ideas and wild visions of my product and future lineups.....but......
Out of 10, how much would I rate my chances of success?

Big fat 2.5.

Let's see how it goes.

Xeon

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
It's so exciting to track the location of the package from Thailand all the way to the US!
Four times per day, I would go to DHL's tracking page to see where the package is, and it has arrived!

c1753faa5dbbaf59b42b9e62e9fed034.png

Tomorrow, I'll contact the fulfillment center to check if all is well, and whether they've finished integrating their system with my Shopify cart. Getting closer!

Xeon

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
F*ck! There are so many issues with the warehouse, and something that can be done in 1 day has taken almost 1 month! Every time when their other clients have a spike in orders or something happens, they would see to that first and my products are given the treatment of "Aye mate, we'll get to that later once we're done with this".

I'm still gonna go ahead with them as things are already halfway fixed, but I'm gonna find another warehouse just in case.

Tomorrow, I've a call with these warehouse folks to fix all these crap, and I admit.....I'm anxious, for the reasons no one is expecting : this is the first time I'm getting an overseas call from a western country.
Don't laugh, but my mind is full of thoughts like:
  • What if they laugh at my English?
  • What if they can't understand my accent?
  • What if my English is not up to par and they treat me like a joke?
  • What if I don't sound professional?
  • How do I speak like Gary V / Tony Robbins?
On the Instagram side, I've come up with a content idea after reading Fox's post in that other IG thread. I'm gonna create original content based on relevant things in my niche, and put motivational quotes on them, in an ironic/sarcastic manner. Since visual design is my forte, I'm gonna capitalize on this.

I'll then tag and mention all the big accounts in my niche and if they notice me, they might even feature me. I just need ONE homerun. In the caption, I'll write "Tag a friend who needs motivation! / find this useful!" to further encourage sharing.

It will be a lot more time consuming than just reposting, but from what I learned in Fox's posts, reposting accounts have zero or no loyalty and people are just there for the dopamine highs. With an account that has original content, I might have a better chance of attracting true fans.
I'll try it for 2 - 3 months and see how it goes.

Xeon

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
d82a133cde3d5a76a047882656641e6c.png

e186618adcb88382b66dfcbc174f20bb.png

db5f86388dae6da656867aa5c0af507d.png

bfbbb9b8f049336cbd3c3faef261ef11.png

b04c192d8868d7cbe79db43d028ff36f.png

/start rave

Update: 1 July 2018, approx 11.40 PM

On the bus again towards the city. This time, I saw 2 Ferraris driving alongside the bus. This is the first time I've seen a Ferrari so close. Both reds but different models. Can't tell what's the models as I'm not a Ferrari fan (but man, it's curves are sexy)

As the bus drove into the heart of the city area, there were another 5, then 10, then before I knew it.....there were a sea of them! The roads got congested due to the large number of Ferraris..... I think there was at least 40 over or way more. All kinds of models and colors. It was some kind of event.

In another thread, I asked how women on the streets behave when they see supercars. I remembered MJ (praise and glory be upon him) saying it attracts guys instead of girls (aka dick convention), but this time, I've to disagree, because....the women were all whipping out their phones and taking pics of the Ferraris!

At one point, one of the Ferraris activated the convertible mechanism to cover the roof. It looked like a F*cking transformer!
There was this other orange Lambo that drove behind all the ferraris.

All these while, I can hear the huge booming, ROARING sound of the ferraris as they revv the engines and do that control launch.
Immensely motivating and inspiring. Imagine seeing a sea of supercars, all driving next to you.
It's like you're in a boat in the ocean and all these killer whales swim alongside you.
As I got off the bus, I felt overwhelmed and light-headed.

I BADLY want to be like these supercar owners. Successful, manly, alpha, rich, powerful, sought-after by women.
Why should I be working at a lowly $2K job while these guys are living lives of gods, even though we're all humans?

I want to join in their fun, but instead of ferraris or lambos, I want to do it in a Pagani!

/end rave /end fap

Xeon

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
Just made a payment of ~US$2,300 for my products. My bank is now left with ~US$3,400, and it will hit US$1,600 next month, the day just before payday (based on my monthly expenses and forecast).

I'm truly terrified, scared, lost, confused and literally shivering in fear. When I think of how little is in my bank account, I freeze in fright. What if all these doesn't work out? It's ok to fail when you've $$$ in your bank, because you've a cushion, but not so much in my case.

I've changed my fulfilment centre to another one, for the 3rd time. This one is more expensive, but worth every bit of it. They're professional, knows what they're doing and in charge of everything. Great speedy customer service.

The current 2nd one is a complete nightmare : they don't ship out and I've to keep chasing them, inventory doesn't sync based on my testing, order status never gets updated. I'll be shipping these goods to my new fulfillment center and I hope these folks don't hold my goods hostage.

It's been around 1.5 years since I had my first idea of hustling early last year. Been a very slow start due to :

1) Giving excuses NOT TO PAY FOR PRODUCT MANUFACTURING (due to intense fear of spending money)

2) Hiring the wrong folks. I paid cheap dollar and got cheap stuff in return, especially the fulfilment centre. These guys delayed me by 2+ months at least.

3) Spent lots of $$$ on wrong stuff, like too much plugins on Wordpress/WooCommerce, Shopify, web development. If I could rewind time, I would have stopped these and could save US$4K or so. BIG COSTLY MISTAKE.
Well, I did learn a lot about using WooCommerce, Shopify, Wordpress and site speed optimizations though. Was a complete noob before that. I could put all these in my day job resume!

What's Next: The goods take about 2 weeks to be made, then I'll be sending them for photography, then after that, the real battle will start.

I'm expecting 0 sales, 0 feedback in any form, as mentioned in Unscripted . Basically firing off into a vacuum.

Let's see how this goes. Well, there's still that awesome $2,000/month graphic design job waiting for me.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Moved outside as per request. Good luck @Xeon.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
I hope you can make this thread gold!

About the ferraris i have felt the same pain many times, in vancouver high end cars are more common,

And it always feels like someone is stabbing me in the heart when i see one.

As for the instagram give aways my luck hasnt been so great but fb ads (paid) have worked wonders for me, i find it extremely easy to drive traffic that way,

With everliker alot of your followers could be fake or useless, with my IG the majority of my followers are other businesses or bots, there is a few legit people that ive engaged with that i could possibly sell to later on.

Lately ive been thinking the end game of a pet business is food,

Are you just selling on shopify & woocommerce now?

Xeon

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
As for the instagram give aways my luck hasnt been so great but fb ads (paid) have worked wonders for me, i find it extremely easy to drive traffic that wa

Yeah, I stopped giveaways on IG some time back after I realized that it doesn't work for loyalty (people are in it just for the goodies). It can build brand awareness but there's better options.

With everliker alot of your followers could be fake or useless, with my IG the majority of my followers are other businesses or bots, there is a few legit people that ive engaged with that i could possibly sell to later on.

Everliker did get me real followers, but problem is, because those followers follow me out of a need to reciprocate my "kindess" for liking their posts, and not because my content is good, they're as good as dead followers, because they don't engage with my posts. And as you may know, with IG's new algo, if your followers are not engaging with your post within 10 mins after you post it, it dramatically reduces the Reach of that post meaning the Likes are terrible and 0 - 1 Comments.

Lately ive been thinking the end game of a pet business is food

Actually, on IG, there's a lot of innovative pet products in the sponsored ads. There's this gear thing made of light tubes that dogs can wear, and it glows in the dark which is good for night walks (imagine wearing light sabers and twisting them around their body), and dog scarves/socks/accessories, food (Honest Kitchen) and many more. Endless possibilities :cool:

Are you just selling on shopify & woocommerce now?

WooCommerce. Shopify is too limiting.

Hope to see you update your progress thread bud. It's collecting dust.
:rofl:

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
IG has been a weird mix of hit & miss with me, sometimes its fine and sometimes not (algorithm I guess)

But the important thing is to engage with your customers/prospects in chat and develop at least some rapport.

Ive seen the LED collars in Vancouver they seem pretty neat, but food is a large portion of the market share that cant be ignored.

Thought of flea collars aswell although that's a tough one. There is a company on Amazon doing just shy of 7 figures (Serento?) Having read some of the feedback on the collars lots of dogs/cats ended up getting negative reactions, if you could come up with a better formula that could be a big hit aswell.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
I've always had a self bias of (oh wow I cant compete with Pedigree/Purina)

But seeing this is pretty nuts, never seen this on store shelfs... have always bought Pedigree/Purina/Raw meat & some other big name brands I'm forgetting...

Like MJ says tho, you just need a tiny percentage so in our case the industry is around 80 billion a year,

0.01% is $8m which is a fairly nice amount of FU $

The struggle here is to build a strong brand, a good book to look into is the story of Coke, crazy to think you can have a multi billion dollar company selling water + sugar

Attachments

• aye.JPG
    aye.JPG
    28 KB · Views: 34

Xeon

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
IG has been a weird mix of hit & miss with me, sometimes its fine and sometimes not (algorithm I guess)

But the important thing is to engage with your customers/prospects in chat and develop at least some rapport.

Ive seen the LED collars in Vancouver they seem pretty neat, but food is a large portion of the market share that cant be ignored.

Thought of flea collars aswell although that's a tough one. There is a company on Amazon doing just shy of 7 figures (Serento?) Having read some of the feedback on the collars lots of dogs/cats ended up getting negative reactions, if you could come up with a better formula that could be a big hit aswell.

Just found it : Advanced Visibility Gear | www.noxgear.com
Beautiful light vests for dogs and humans!
I like their execution.

Another one: The #1 Dog Carrier Backpack | K9 Sport Sack
This one is a dog backpack. I see them on IG ads and in my feed all the time. They're donating a lot of their profits, which means they likely sold a lot.
They've 2098 reviews according to their website, so if 1 of every 10 customer reviews their product, that means they sold 20,980 bags. Each bag average $90, so 20,980 * $90 = $1,888,200 in revenue.
That's insane. Their IG game is pretty strong too.

Personally, I'm not a fan of the K9 dog sack; it looks kinda uncomfortable for the dog though, especially the bottom where the legs are. Maybe that's a gap to value skew! LOL

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
ha, yeh goes to show how a simple idea can be very successful

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
there's lots of complaints with this product, again tho its all about the execution. inspiring!

Attachments

• numbb.JPG
    numbb.JPG
    25.2 KB · Views: 46

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Have you thought of shampoo? With the right marketing strategy I could see that exploding

Found a supplier that could get me bottles for around 1.5 USD ($1.95 CAD) way to expensive

Retail is around $5-15 on Amazon (Should be able to get it cheaper than $1)

You could either shoot for the moon and create a killer brand like Coca-Cola and charge a premium with some marketing angle

Or undercut prices (cheapest right now is $5.99 )

Last edited:

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
shampooo.JPG

Even if your barely making a profit the long term value of creating a customer and then up/down selling in the future is very valuable as once you have built a relationship they will be more inclined to purchase something else as you've earned trust

Think about a food brand you consistently buy, you are generally going to stick with the same one right?

Last edited:

smark

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Oct 25, 2017
Just read most of this thread and to be honest I'm a bit bumped out that you haven't turned up a profit yet. But good things take time.

In terms of marketing/branding mid-price level niche goods, I find one of the best models out there to be Harry's; a shaving/grooming company.

If you take a look at their Instagram, what they essentially do is focus on their products and the lifestyle one can build around those. And they appeal to a younger more trendy audience through a minimalist style and by employing plenty of color. Check out their website as well and you'll notice the exact same thing. Other businesses employing similar branding/marketing include Soylent (meal replacement) and MVMT (watches).

For some reason, minimalism and close-up pictures turn to be very interesting to us 21st century humans. But since you're a designer, I'm sure you already know that. Get a good photographer and don't worry too much about your copy. Pictures > Words. Who knows, maybe you'll be crossing six figures in business revenues by the end of next year.

Xeon

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
Just read most of this thread and to be honest I'm a bit bumped out that you haven't turned up a profit yet. But good things take time.

Thanks for reading! Yup, it's taking a lot longer than I thought. Made a lot of false starts and wrong moves. Initially, I thought that all I needed was a website and products, but making the product and all the to-and-fro emails with suppliers took longer than I thought. From the look of things, I can only launch just a couple months before Christmas.
If I can rewind the time, I can finish all of these in 5 months or even less!

In terms of marketing/branding mid-price level niche goods, I find one of the best models out there to be Harry's; a shaving/grooming company. If you take a look at their Instagram, what they essentially do is focus on their products and the lifestyle one can build around those. And they appeal to a younger more trendy audience through a minimalist style and by employing plenty of color. Check out their website as well and you'll notice the exact same thing. Other businesses employing similar branding/marketing include Soylent (meal replacement) and MVMT (watches).

Spot on! Exactly the direction I'm going! I've been reading articles and books on how to use this sort of marketing angle for my products. Another good one is Method : method (@methodhome) • Instagram photos and videos and BigAss Fans.
It's crazy how these guys can turn boring house cleaning products and industrial fans into something so cool and attractive. Even a guy like me who has nothing to do with industrial fans is thinking of buying one of those BigAss Fans mugs and t-shirts because I want to be associated with their coolness lol

Who knows, maybe you'll be crossing six figures in business revenues by the end of next year.

LOL, my biggest dream is to eventually scale this up in the next 10 years so that I can hit a ~$100K net profit monthly, but I don't dare to think too much about this. Let's get that first sale first.

rpeck90

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
442%
Nov 26, 2016
United Kingdom
I'm truly terrified, scared, lost, confused and literally shivering in fear. When I think of how little is in my bank account, I freeze in fright. What if all these doesn't work out? It's ok to fail when you've $$$ in your bank, because you've a cushion, but not so much in my case.

From having seen what you've posted here - you will make your target and some.

EVERYTHING you have done is conducive to becoming successful. I've seen others with less accumen do it, and some of those were dumb af.

The spreadsheet, process and everything you've listed here is *exactly* what's required to get a successful business together. I even did the "small window" trick when I worked at a local stationery company. Exactly the same setup as you - https://i.imgur.com/GIJaVyX.jpg - except instead of this stuff, I was writing SEO articles on LinkVana.

-

I wanted to say that you need to stop with the self defeatist talk (I know it's hard but you really need to appreciate that you are living in one of the best business hubs in the world, and seem to be a very knowledgeable guy). You've had the initiative to get a decent job, stay at the job, read MJ's books, get a product sourced, manufactured and sent to a US fulfillment place AND stick at it for 6+ months. You're far ahead of most people. I know business veterans who'd shudder at the thought of what you've done.

You don't need to be "well hung" to have good sex, nor do you need to look like Brad Pitt to do well. They help, but they're not really what matters in the end.

This brings me onto something I learned a LONG time ago which I felt extremely pertinent to write...

You're letting your power go too easily. Rather than internalizing your energy, you're externalizing it onto results (or lack thereof), a "market", instagram and a whole range of other things (cars etc).

The BIGGEST thing I found from a number of ventures (some not dissimilar to what you're doing) is that you get the best results when you focus on YOURSELF. This is not to say you ignore MJ's wisdom, but rather than putting your energy into IG etc, think about it from the perspective of what YOU are learning and how the thing is growing. Everything in life is a transaction; some transactions are "bigger" than others... if you focus on extracting "something" from each, you'll perpetually grow. In the same sense, also consider what *you* are putting into each - this will give you an idea as to what results you're seeing.

If you want some MORE inspiration - check out this dude whom I found the other day: Meet Britain's wealthiest young entrepreneur who made £55m fortune doing EXACTLY what you are now.

I could write some more, but don't want to poo-poo your thread. You're already ahead of 99.99% of people - the only real thing you're lacking is market traction.

--

Actually, let me give you a little tip I think about. The results you're seeing are the fruits. Everybody focuses on the fruits because it's what you see. However, the fruits are only possible because of EVERYTHING ELSE in the tree; most importantly the roots. The best people focus on the roots. If you focus on those, the fruits will take care of themselves when the time is right. Think about this when you don't want to "spend" on your venture.

Xeon

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore

EVERYTHING you have done is conducive to becoming successful. I've seen others with less accumen do it, and some of those were dumb af.

The spreadsheet, process and everything you've listed here is *exactly* what's required to get a successful business together. I even did the "small window" trick when I worked at a local stationery company. Exactly the same setup as you - https://i.imgur.com/GIJaVyX.jpg - except instead of this stuff, I was writing SEO articles on LinkVana.

-

I wanted to say that you need to stop with the self defeatist talk (I know it's hard but you really need to appreciate that you are living in one of the best business hubs in the world, and seem to be a very knowledgeable guy). You've had the initiative to get a decent job, stay at the job, read MJ's books, get a product sourced, manufactured and sent to a US fulfillment place AND stick at it for 6+ months. You're far ahead of most people. I know business veterans who'd shudder at the thought of what you've done.

You don't need to be "well hung" to have good sex, nor do you need to look like Brad Pitt to do well. They help, but they're not really what matters in the end.

This brings me onto something I learned a LONG time ago which I felt extremely pertinent to write...

You're letting your power go too easily. Rather than internalizing your energy, you're externalizing it onto results (or lack thereof), a "market", instagram and a whole range of other things (cars etc).

The BIGGEST thing I found from a number of ventures (some not dissimilar to what you're doing) is that you get the best results when you focus on YOURSELF. This is not to say you ignore MJ's wisdom, but rather than putting your energy into IG etc, think about it from the perspective of what YOU are learning and how the thing is growing. Everything in life is a transaction; some transactions are "bigger" than others... if you focus on extracting "something" from each, you'll perpetually grow. In the same sense, also consider what *you* are putting into each - this will give you an idea as to what results you're seeing.

If you want some MORE inspiration - check out this dude whom I found the other day: Meet Britain's wealthiest young entrepreneur who made £55m fortune doing EXACTLY what you are now.

I could write some more, but don't want to poo-poo your thread. You're already ahead of 99.99% of people - the only real thing you're lacking is market traction.

--

Actually, let me give you a little tip I think about. The results you're seeing are the fruits. Everybody focuses on the fruits because it's what you see. However, the fruits are only possible because of EVERYTHING ELSE in the tree; most importantly the roots. The best people focus on the roots. If you focus on those, the fruits will take care of themselves when the time is right. Think about this when you don't want to "spend" on your venture.

It's rpeck the man himself! Thanks for the advice, I had to re-read it 3 times to absorb the goodness. I love the visual idea of the tree and the roots, it helps me to feel a lot better when spending money on my hustle.

Sometimes I wonder if you're a 65 year old business veteran hiding behind a 28 year old's avatar.....

I read previously that you're learning coding and design? Can't help with the coding part, but I can probably give feedback or critique on the design side :thumbsup:

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)

rpeck90

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
442%
Nov 26, 2016
United Kingdom
Thanks man, no I'm not 65 and that picture is from when I was 21.

Here's a picture my mother took of me recently:

7662ff6264f34704b778c9b9aedc5a17.jpg

Will get back to you on the design stuff nearer to the time, if that's okay :)

Seriously - you're making epic progress. Any trepidation you're feeling is the equivalent of Neo waking up from the Matrix.

R

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I remembered MJ (praise and glory be upon him) saying it attracts guys instead of girls (aka dick convention), but this time, I've to disagree, because....the women were all whipping out their phones and taking pics of the Ferraris!

Could be because of your location/country.

Have to agree!

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Why does it matter about attracting girls with cars? Horrible thinking imo , when you become wealthy you need to join the stealth wealth movement. Tell people you are poor and act like it . That way you have genuine people in your life. Just my thought. When you are successful in life I can imagine people expecting handouts and the attitude of thinking hey this guy can afford the dinner bill he should pay it etc etc, why not avoid it completely?

JohnZ123

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Jan 23, 2014
Could be because of your location/country.

Have to agree!

Being east asian myself and having a few relatives in Singapore, asian culture places a lot of emphasis on money even more than western culture. In North America you have a certain group of naive people saying how "money doesn't matter". In asian culture you'll rarely ever hear that BS and people are VERY JUDGEMENTAL on how much money you're making, what car you drive and if you have a house. For example, Xeon even mentioned earlier in this thread how this woman approached him asking him how much money he's making and comparing it to her son. When it comes to dating the women in general are a lot more receptive to wealth due to cultural upbringing.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
what-are-your-sales-in-the-past-year.jpg

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.