The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Print on Demand

trh90

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Mar 14, 2017
USA
I've spent a lot of time searching on here and on the web about print on demand. I've gained a lot of information and for the small project I'm working on it is the right way to go but I have questions I'm hoping someone can answer.

First off I am a CAD user so working with Inkscape is new territory for me. I've done fine with learning Inkscape and even not too bad at the designs although they need more work but what I can't find is the little things like do I use black lines around everything, shading, and do I need to cut out what is set behind. Can some one please point me to information about this type of stuff or even share some knowledge with me?

I appreciate any help I can get.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

rollerskates

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
269%
Jan 10, 2017
Texas
You can Google these questions, but I'm avoiding work, so...
The format of the design probably depends on the POD fulfillment house. JPEG is probably ok with some, some probably want PNG. MY GUESS is that JPEG is ok because PNG is probably a little more advanced than a lot of people can do or have the software for. As far as shading and outlines--that's going to depend on your design, isn't it? An illustrated style design is going to likely have outlines (like Manga or comic book style), and a more realistic one won't, just like a real tree doesn't have an outline.
And if you mean, will your design need a frame, that too probably depends on the POD fulfillment house.

I generally draw or paint things and scan them in, and create PNGs for printable products, I haven't done any POD yet (although I'm thinking about it.

trh90

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Mar 14, 2017
USA
You can Google these questions, but I'm avoiding work, so...
The format of the design probably depends on the POD fulfillment house. JPEG is probably ok with some, some probably want PNG. MY GUESS is that JPEG is ok because PNG is probably a little more advanced than a lot of people can do or have the software for. As far as shading and outlines--that's going to depend on your design, isn't it? An illustrated style design is going to likely have outlines (like Manga or comic book style), and a more realistic one won't, just like a real tree doesn't have an outline.
And if you mean, will your design need a frame, that too probably depends on the POD fulfillment house.

I generally draw or paint things and scan them in, and create PNGs for printable products, I haven't done any POD yet (although I'm thinking about it.
Thank you. You've helped with some of it. I've done more searching and still not getting what I need. I think I will contact the company I'm going to use once I decide which one that will be.

reedracer

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
172%
Jun 2, 2019
Kansas City
One thing you'll need is 300 dpi images. Most images on the web are less than half that. Just heard of this site today...

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

trh90

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Mar 14, 2017
USA
One thing you'll need is 300 dpi images. Most images on the web are less than half that. Just heard of this site today...
Thank you. I'll check it out this weekend. This small project is starting to turn into a bigger project than I'm ready for. I guess I'll have to speed up the learning curve somehow.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.