The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Photos from the Bunker (Our Fastlane Photo Journal)

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
Guys, kinda off topic but this is driving me nuts. Can someone hear me out for 5 minutes. Some of you know my story but to those who don’t:

I’m 25. Graduated with a BSc in Biomedical Science in hopes of becoming a doctor.

Rejected from medical school 2 times. Didn’t care.

I’ve always been an entrepreneur at heart. Several businesses from 16 years old.

Anyways, got a corporate job. Started a business around the same time. 1.5 years later, quit job as my businesses was far exceeding my salary, and the time I needed to dedicate to the business was overlapped by my job. I was answering business emails during work.

Anyways, my business is generating over $800k in revenue now (projection for this year). It did $400k in its first year. I’m paying my parents’ mortgage on a $1million dollar home.

With all that said, something negative happened today for my business and the first thing out of the mouth of those around me “I told you to keep your job”. “This is why I tell you to get a real job. “You need benefits, you wentto school.” “Why did you go to university”? “Business on the side, job first”.

Can someone explain to me who’s wrong because I clearly don’t see how that makes sense. Who’s mindset is wrong guys? This is driving me nuts. Is this what entrepreneurs have to deal with from immediate family?

I’m really sorry for the rant guys but stuff like this kills my mood.

Sounds like your mindset is about business is right except for two things.
  1. You're paying the mortgage on a $1mm house that it wasn't your decision to buy. Or was it? It sounds like your parents bought a million dollar house and you're paying for it, and that seems pretty crazy when you're trying to build actual wealth.
  2. You're listening to people about business who know nothing about business. Them sharing DNA with you doesn't increase their wisdom or make their advice valid.
People telling you to get a job right now are frankly overflowing with BS. Ignore that and work on the thing that's hurting your business. Why would you sideline your biggest asset to apply for jobs building someone else's asset?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
444%
May 27, 2013
United States
Guys, kinda off topic but this is driving me nuts. Can someone hear me out for 5 minutes. Some of you know my story but to those who don’t:

I’m 25. Graduated with a BSc in Biomedical Science in hopes of becoming a doctor.

I’ve always been an entrepreneur at heart. Several businesses from 16 years old.

Anyways, got a corporate job. Started a business around the same time. 1.5 years later, quit job as my businesses was far exceeding my salary, and the time I needed to dedicate to the business was overlapped by my job. I was answering business emails during work.

Anyways, my business is generating over $800k in revenue now (projection for this year). It did $400k in its first year. I’m paying my parents’ mortgage on a $1million dollar home.

With all that said, something negative happened today for my business and the first thing out of the mouth of those around me “I told you to keep your job”. “This is why I tell you to get a real job. “You need benefits, you wentto school.” “Why did you go to university”? “Business on the side, job first”.

Sorry you've got that going on.

My in-laws told my wife in private how bad of an idea my business was when I was starting out.

They have nothing but praise for me now.

It hurts, and you won't forget, and when you are doing really well, they'll act like they supported you the whole time.

Why are you paying a $1M mortgage? Sounds like there's more to that story there.

That doesn't make any sense with that amount of revenue.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

Can someone explain to me who’s wrong because I clearly don’t see how that makes sense. Who’s mindset is wrong guys? This is driving me nuts. Is this what entrepreneurs have to deal with from immediate family?

They're obviously wrong. No one could have predicted this and there are plenty of educated people out of a job right now. If you want to be like them, listen to them... Otherwise move forward.

Now, I have been a little worried about you though this and how you play it a little fast and loose, by your own admission.

Warren Buffet has a quote... “When the tide goes out, you see who is swimming naked.” Very very true.

The problem with that is if something goes south it compounds and makes the entire idea of owning a business look stupid to some. You shouldn’t care about that, their opinion isn’t the real problem.

The real place you went wrong was swimming naked. You have to do what you can to fix it now.

If I can be of any help to you, PM me. We can chat and I’ll keep your confidence.

Charnell

Block me if you're a quack
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Oct 12, 2014
Kansas City
Bachelor battle station with the cat coaxed with treats for the pic. The chair is strategically hiding the absolute mass or cables posing as a potential fire hazard. TBH, the only thing that has changed for me with this social isolation is I can't go to the gym. Besides that, I was used to spending days at home and with my a$$ in either of those chairs.

Also, I'm not trimming my face until the gym opens back up. I will not post a picture of that disaster.

Chitown

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Apr 14, 2009
Culver City

Chitown

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Apr 14, 2009
Culver City
Any cologne collectors? If you can guess the the bottom right cologne in the red small bottle, you will forever be my friend!
It looks like it belongs in the Tom Ford Cologne line...

dawp

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Oct 23, 2017
I've bought and installed a pull-up bar, since all gyms are now closed.

I would love to have one too, but I watched too many youtube fail-videos so I don't dare to install it myself

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Part of my quarantine activities is cleaning up my RV garage/workshop.

I found my old LEGOS when I was a child, this stuff is over 30 years old.

That evening, I then proceeded to build something with the available blocks and found it incredibly meditative.

:playful:

IMG_1139.JPGIMG_1140.JPG

EVMaso

Calm Seas
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Apr 28, 2019
Vancouver, Canada
Bubly consumed in the past month (left, along with a couple of other lesser brands I will never consume again), and Bubly that will be consumed in the future (right). I am partial to the green and orange flavors, but they're all ok (purple might be the worst I've tried, but I kind of like the taste of Dimetapp).

Bubly has virtually eliminated my desire for regular sugary soft drinks, I think I've had 2 or 3 all year! And only because there was no alternative or it came in a combo. If you're looking for a way to cut soft drinks from your diet give Bubly a try!31730

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Bubly consumed in the past month (left, along with a couple of other lesser brands I will never consume again), and Bubly that will be consumed in the future (right). I am partial to the green and orange flavors, but they're all ok (purple might be the worst I've tried, but I kind of like the taste of Dimetapp).

Bubly has virtually eliminated my desire for regular sugary soft drinks, I think I've had 2 or 3 all year! And only because there was no alternative or it came in a combo. If you're looking for a way to cut soft drinks from your diet give Bubly a try!View attachment 31730

I prefer the cherry

Bigguns50

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Feb 12, 2013
Sedona, AZ
My meditation spot a couple days ago. My routine as of recent : Meditate / stretch / deep breathing, breakfast..Business the rest of the morning, a few hours of hiking / meditation, back to work.

At least 3x/wk hiking / training. No gym so bodyweight training on and off the trail.

Attachments

• 20200324_132347.jpg
    20200324_132347.jpg
    285.4 KB · Views: 39

aeden

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
196%
Feb 28, 2020
Melbourne, FL
My meditation spot a couple days ago. My routine as of recent : Meditate / stretch / deep breathing, breakfast..Business the rest of the morning, a few hours of hiking / meditation, back to work.

At least 3x/wk hiking / training. No gym so bodyweight training on and off the trail.

Dayum... that view.

EvanOkanagan

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
380%
Aug 2, 2013
My home office. Been working out of here for 2 months now, so nothing new for me!

Do you guys like my poster? Good words to live by, especially now!

Any cologne collectors? If you can guess the the bottom right cologne in the red small bottle, you will forever be my friend!

Did you get that print from Ikonick?

Lots of home office days during my quarantine

image.jpg

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
On a strict lockdown beginning on April 3 (it's been a relatively lax one until now). I think I should be able to survive with this view from my terrace (though it's still going to suck a LOT to be in such a beautiful place and not to be able to go surfing and swimming).

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011

24-hour curfew day one. Morning "hike" around the property :rofl:

Sethamus

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Sep 13, 2019
Northshore area, New Orleans
T

Bubly has virtually eliminated my desire for regular sugary soft drinks, I think I've had 2 or 3 all year! And only because there was no alternative or it came in a combo. If you're looking for a way to cut soft drinks from your diet give Bubly a try!View attachment 31730
Try Waterloo, out of Austin. In my opinion WAY better flavor.

Sethamus

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Sep 13, 2019
Here is my office during the Quarantine. A little jealous of the people at home with their family, but I'm not complaining. With the current price of oil as well as coworkers being laid off in my division yesterday. I am happy to be working and getting paid, but I do need to working harder on my fastlane.

Attachments

• IMG_0032.jpg
    IMG_0032.jpg
    217.4 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_0041.jpg
    IMG_0041.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 44

Sethamus

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Sep 13, 2019
One more so I can brag like everyone else showing their family.

Attachments

• 20200403_101630.jpg
    20200403_101630.jpg
    482.7 KB · Views: 6

AnneC

Conscious
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
392%
Jan 3, 2012
USA
For the sparkling water fanatics out there.... Behold our sparkling water kegerator.

Both kegs contain water from our Reverse Osmosis filtration system. Two kegs are easier to fill, and we never have to wait for the keg to pressurize.

JunkBoxJoey_JBJ

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
186%
Jul 9, 2018
Part of my quarantine activities is cleaning up my RV garage/workshop.

I found my old LEGOS when I was a child, this stuff is over 30 years old.

That evening, I then proceeded to build something with the available blocks and found it incredibly meditative.

:playful:

View attachment 31718View attachment 31719

That's awesome.

After this clears... https:// arizona.legolanddiscoverycenter dot com

Last edited:

Gary

Elevatin' the Celebratin'
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
313%
Mar 18, 2011
San Diego
Both of our businesses are closed so we are alternating our quarantining between our home and our other property in Palm Desert. We're completing deferred home projects on each, and we are having a blast with the kids in between the home-schooling.

Honestly, not having to see anyone other than my immediate family is not too shabby! Just confirms that I married the right girl.

And I'm cutting my grass every four days...because I have the time!

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Set up a little area in one of the kids rooms for when I need to do calls during the day.

That’s officially my favourite laptop riser now. It can hang off the back of a narrow table, and a keyboard can sit under it.

07CF4CD4-F245-4D4E-BD33-A296EE6A99B3.jpeg
045D76CA-C0AE-4871-9B20-8F99F5042535.jpeg

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
alcohol.jpg

Spent the night talking absolute crap with some friends over skype and having to much to drink lol.

Am i doing this bunker thing right?

Also i f anyone knows of a good loom screen capture alternative let me know its been playing up on me and im trying to film my next course.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.