The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Photos from the Bunker (Our Fastlane Photo Journal)

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
snake left this for us:

and this just happened:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Tommo

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Jan 21, 2018
Perth Australia
Point Peron limestone coast eroded to form caves. I've live here 23 years and only just found this due to escaping house arrest/going stir crazy, too busy working, what if life wasn't just working and paying bills :).
Ship loading at the grain terminal looks a bit messy.

Attachments

• 20200412_144520[1].jpg
    20200412_144520[1].jpg
    413.5 KB · Views: 11
  • 20200412_144502[1].jpg
    20200412_144502[1].jpg
    370.1 KB · Views: 21
  • 20200412_154143[1].jpg
    20200412_154143[1].jpg
    235.6 KB · Views: 21

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
Quarantine adventures...

Imagine waking up at 0:55 and seeing this right in front of your property:

View attachment 32123

The fire was skilfully handled by firefighters and nobody was harmed but it was mere feet from entering the yard (thankfully blocked by a stone wall, and the firefighters redirected the fire, too).

Then at 7:55 in the morning you see a wooden utility pole toppling over (it somehow burned through the night) and you lose power for 7 hours while stuck at home with supermarkets closed and little food in the fridge (and being forced to eat perishable food before it spoils). What next? Maybe a hurricane during a pandemic? Lol.

@MTF how has your experience been during this virus? Which country are you in right now?

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
@AgainstAllOdds, still in Barbados. Arrived here when things were still normal in most countries around the world and then overnight they started imposing travel restrictions, mandatory quarantines for those returning from abroad, etc.

We decided to stay here over going to back to Europe and being forced to stay 14 days in an apartment. We have a nice house with a yard and an ocean view here and we were still going crazy after a week of staying at home. Can't imagine being forced to stay 14 days in an apartment, unable to get outside and sending freaking selfies via an app to the government whenever they asked (which can be at ANY time of the day, a few times a day).

Here they implemented a strict lockdown on April 3 (almost everything closed and not allowed, even exercise outside your property) and initially even supermarkets were closed. They allowed online ordering last week but supermarkets were swarmed with orders and we didn't get our groceries.

Starting on April 14 it will be possible to shop twice a week depending on the first letter of your last name. The lockdown in itself is now extended until May 3 but I hope they'll let people go to the beach sooner. We're at 56 active cases (and have been between 50-60 active cases for a week and a half) and they can still do proper contact tracing which makes me hopeful they can get a handle on it much sooner than Europe and the US.

Generally speaking, as everywhere around the world, some people were panicking (on April 3rd, the last day supermarkets were open) but other than that it has been pretty civil and people stay chill and friendly.

Where are you waiting it out? Decided to go back to the US?

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
@AgainstAllOdds, still in Barbados. Arrived here when things were still normal in most countries around the world and then overnight they started imposing travel restrictions, mandatory quarantines for those returning from abroad, etc.

We decided to stay here over going to back to Europe and being forced to stay 14 days in an apartment. We have a nice house with a yard and an ocean view here and we were still going crazy after a week of staying at home. Can't imagine being forced to stay 14 days in an apartment, unable to get outside and sending freaking selfies via an app to the government whenever they asked (which can be at ANY time of the day, a few times a day).

Here they implemented a strict lockdown on April 3 (almost everything closed and not allowed, even exercise outside your property) and initially even supermarkets were closed. They allowed online ordering last week but supermarkets were swarmed with orders and we didn't get our groceries.

Starting on April 14 it will be possible to shop twice a week depending on the first letter of your last name. The lockdown in itself is now extended until May 3 but I hope they'll let people go to the beach sooner. We're at 56 active cases (and have been between 50-60 active cases for a week and a half) and they can still do proper contact tracing which makes me hopeful they can get a handle on it much sooner than Europe and the US.

Generally speaking, as everywhere around the world, some people were panicking (on April 3rd, the last day supermarkets were open) but other than that it has been pretty civil and people stay chill and friendly.

Where are you waiting it out? Decided to go back to the US?

Yeah.

Hopped the flight back to Chicago the day after Colombia put in curfew.

I think it was on Tuesday that I was on a boat glued to my phone watching the stock market crash and repeatedly thinking "We're F*cked."

Here's that boat. It was a very weird feeling of "I'm on a boat, this is nice," and "I need to get the F*ck off this boat and make moves."

Wednesday to Friday I was on an an island with my girl enjoying the beautiful weather and carefree spirit while the stock market was crashing in the U.S. and everyone was going crazy. There "was no coronavirus" in Colombia yet (well there was, but no one was acting that way).

On Saturday, Colombia put in restrictions - all nightlife closed.

On Monday they put in curfew - no going out after 5pm or you get arrested.

I was off the island and back in Cartagena at this point. I remember looking out on the balcony and wondering if I wanted to stay. They put restrictions in at this point that included no use of public facilities - the pools, gym, beach, etc.

It was a question of: Do I want to stay locked in this apartment with this girl and probably get her pregnant after of a few months locked in? Or do I want to go home, quarantine, and then ease the business into the next phase?

The next day, Tuesday, I took my flight home.

Have been in Chicago since and I'm already itching to leave, but it's looking like that won't happen anytime soon.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Thanks for sharing your story, @AgainstAllOdds.

Do I want to stay locked in this apartment with this girl and probably get her pregnant after of a few months locked in?

Haha there's this thing called contraception.

Have been in Chicago since and I'm already itching to leave, but it's looking like that won't happen anytime soon.

We don't regret staying here. We could still enjoy great weather and the ocean until the end of March while everyone was locked up in Europe.

We're under a more restrictive lockdown now than we would be in Europe but in none of the places we would be able to spend time outdoors, let alone hang out with family and friends so I'd rather be here, particularly since due to very few cases it's very likely it will soon be controlled here (while it's highly unlikely in Europe with most countries having dozens, hundreds or thousands of cases a day).

Then there's perfect weather every day. It helps mentally a lot even though we can only enjoy it on the terrace.

Chitown

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Apr 14, 2009
Culver City
For the sparkling water fanatics out there.... Behold our sparkling water kegerator.

Both kegs contain water from our Reverse Osmosis filtration system. Two kegs are easier to fill, and we never have to wait for the keg to pressurize.
@AnneC, Yeah, yeah, yeah...rub it in why don't you...:)

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Foosball...

092938EA-F05C-4046-B378-59F7F8B37222.jpeg

BD64

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
218%
Jul 26, 2017
Denver, CO
I had been struggling to find the motivation to workout at home, fortunately, my roomate/tenant is a welder. He has his own side hustle and wants to open up a welding shop so I had him make me a little something.

The bar slides up or down to adjust the height. I have it at the top right now so I can throw those rings on. I may have him make me a second, longer bar, fit pins and buy some plates so that this would essentially function as a smith machine as well.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Amazing that my life hasn't changed much due to the quarantine, just less trips to the grocery store, and none to the gym.

But what I have discovered is a rediscovery for my love of building things. I've set up my woodwooking shop and went crazy on more LEGOs. Even bought a bunch of them from eBay.

IMG_1185.JPG

IMG_1186.JPG

Bearcorp

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Jul 2, 2012
Australia
Do you follow instructions on lego building @MJ DeMarco or do you have some freehand abilities? My lad loves lego so its been fun to get back into, I'm fine with following the instructions (he's getting good at it as well) but have no creative ability trying to just make something from nothing :rofl:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
do you have some freehand abilities?

No instructions, I just start throwing stuff together.

The big challenge isn't the building, but figuring out what you can build with limited blocks. I don't have a lot of doors, windows, and stuff like that.

YoungPadawan

Miles to go before I sleep
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
280%
Nov 7, 2015

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Just curious how the food supply is, I imagine a lot is imported?

It's fine. As far as I know over 80% of food is imported but there have been no shortages and cargo arrives regularly as before.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Lovely Sunday evening for a stroll. How is everyone in the forum today?

BBB766F7-E2E9-42BC-AC12-F1F9112E8D98.jpeg

FFB8B558-234A-4CD4-8E74-943860DF3FEF.jpeg

632596CC-382A-4141-81A8-A14C25879AD4.jpeg

AE868C5D-8A7F-4246-9617-85C18BB7BF3B.jpeg

Sethamus

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Sep 13, 2019
Northshore area, New Orleans
Had a terrible day yesterday, drove over two hours on I guess what you could call a road.... was sent the wrong coordinates to a rig. The evening ended with a flat tire I changed in the dark only to find my spare barely had any air pressure and wasn’t drivable ( I had not checked it in a year). Luckily this happened 2 miles outside of Carlsbad and a tow truck took me to a station where I filled it up with air ~$30 oop.

However I did take the time to stop for a photo and at the end of the day got over everything as it could be worse.
CA759B1F-84B5-4412-8D68-2EC94B22D74D.jpeg6D327C63-396D-46E9-A44D-B48A3E5FB41E.jpeg1318C036-D060-4F20-8A37-35058DF1A76D.jpeg

Lionhearted

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
May 29, 2012
Killeen Texas
Had a terrible day yesterday, drove over two hours on I guess what you could call a road.... was sent the wrong coordinates to a rig. The evening ended with a flat tire I changed in the dark only to find my spare barely had any air pressure and wasn’t drivable ( I had not checked it in a year). Luckily this happened 2 miles outside of Carlsbad and a tow truck took me to a station where I filled it up with air ~$30 oop.

However I did take the time to stop for a photo and at the end of the day got over everything as it could be worse.
View attachment 32315View attachment 32316View attachment 32317
Invest in a 12v air compressor for you car. It's saved my butt and a tow bill various times. Best $10 I ever spent (Harbor Freight) I will never not have it in my car. All the best.

Last edited:

Sethamus

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Sep 13, 2019
Invest in a 12v air compressor for you car. It's saved my but and a tow bill various times. Best $10 I ever spent (Harbor Freight) I will never not have it in my car. All the best.
I have one that I paid $80 for that is also a jump start battery. Plugged it in and gave a battery fault and no charge in the battery and air compressor wouldn’t work because of the fault... I have been having it charge the past week anytime I got in my truck as I use it to charge my phone going down the road. So it showed fully charged before I tried it. ‍

For everyone in this thread- while you have the time teach yourself and your kids some basic maintenance. It would have been 10x worse if I didn’t know how to exactly change my tire, where each specific tool was located while doing this on the side of the road in the dark. I knew because I have changed my brake pads myself before and rotated my own tires. Use this time to learn for yourself or teach someone else and ACTUALLY change the spare and then undo it all- not just fake the steps and say you know.

Sethamus

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Sep 13, 2019
I mean.....my world cannot get any better. Shit that went down yesterday ^^^, and now I have two trees that fell at my house due to a storm 30 minutes ago when I am 17 hours away. Not even mentioning the biggest paycut of my career I took Friday. At least we are all safe and alive. :clench:
32469C71-F048-4FD1-95F5-109A8F8BAF2C.jpeg

Lionhearted

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
May 29, 2012
Killeen Texas
I mean.....my world cannot get any better. Shit that went down yesterday ^^^, and now I have two trees that fell at my house due to a storm 30 minutes ago when I am 17 hours away. Not even mentioning the biggest paycut of my career I took Friday. At least we are all safe and alive. :clench:
View attachment 32327
What is it you learned from all of this?

Sethamus

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Sep 13, 2019
What is it you learned from all of this?
Stop pussyfooting around and work harder on my side business to become my main business. If I had 3 months ago I would have something going already.

As for income, we have 6 months of reserves for bills not counting any money put aside for investment and my wife works for the government in the medical field so she is still working. So at least for me (she always stresses) I am comfortable knowing that I can pay for everything for over a year if not two even if I sit on my a$$. Knowing full well that I won’t be doing that.

Lionhearted

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
May 29, 2012
Killeen Texas
Stop pussyfooting around and work harder on my side business to become my main business. If I had 3 months ago I would have something going already.

As for income, we have 6 months of reserves for bills not counting any money put aside for investment and my wife works for the government in the medical field so she is still working. So at least for me (she always stresses) I am comfortable knowing that I can pay for everything for over a year if not two even if I sit on my a$$. Knowing full well that I won’t be doing that.
Invest, invest, invest! The most important investment is in you. It's time to show the world and your woman what you are made of. All the best!

Bearcorp

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Jul 2, 2012
Australia

My lad and I camped out in the backyard last night! First night in a tent for him and loved it.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.