The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Phone calls(I dont know)

Anything related to matters of the mind

Nick perry01

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Apr 6, 2020
Bates City, Missouri
I have a question for y'all. I've been an introvert almost my whole life(Considerably, these past five years and I have a little speech impedement(none of which should be excuses) and I stumbled upon Facebook advertising for other business. How do you get over the INCREDIBLE amount of courage it takes to call these companies(P.S, Im either gonna call them tonight or procrastinate more than I already have)If I do call, Ill try to let you guys know

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
I have a question for y'all. I've been an introvert almost my whole life(Considerably, these past five years and I have a little speech impedement(none of which should be excuses) and I stumbled upon Facebook advertising for other business. How do you get over the INCREDIBLE amount of courage it takes to call these companies(P.S, Im either gonna call them tonight or procrastinate more than I already have)If I do call, Ill try to let you guys know

Just call them and offer whatever you are offering. You will face probably a high % of rejection, have fun with it. If someone says no, give them some trolling (ok that might be a bad idea) but as someone that did telemarketing for 8 hours a day cold calling people I loved pissing people off, believe it or not, I got fired from that job :cool:

Make rejection fun, what I did when getting a rejection is laugh and make fun of myself, create a game out of it. Go out and SEEK rejection. Let's make a goal, a minimum of 10 rejections for your next cold calling venture, if you want to make it even more fun, CALL the people back that rejected you and play some clown circus music on speaker and then ask if they changed their mind.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pct1uEhAqBQ
this would be great

It's all fun when you make it a game, after all that, you will realize hearing the word NO isn't as bad, someone you don't even know will just hang up most likely. So what? Doesn't matter. In the world of sales rejection and ''failure'' is all part of the game, you can have the greatest product or service in the world and some doofus will still give you a no, everything I've done when it comes to sales always dealt with lots of rejection, I would guesstimate something like 70+ % rejection rate, perhaps even higher. Make it fun.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCANT0nG3bY

refer to 3:10 in the clip

Once you start experiencing the thrill of selling, you will be hooked, MJ calls it entrepreneurial heroin

Last edited:

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
IMO Cold calling by phone is easier than cold calling face to face.

While lodging job applications for full time work after dropping out of high school, I tried door to door selling of luxury foam pillows.:eek:

It taught me a lot about dealing with rejection, and the main lesson was that cold calling is a numbers game. Keep calling and sooner or later you will find someone who wants to know what you really have to offer.

By relentlessly persisting in the face of so many rejections I made plenty of sales.

The funniest rejection was unspoken. As I knocked on the door I noticed a big hole in the screen door. Not a good sign. The front door opened and there was a brown blur as I suddenly found a Dachshund swinging from my arm with his teeth well embedded.

I got the message, but I knocked on the next door.

A agree with MJ, the thrill of making those sales against the odds makes you want to do it again. I went on to later enjoy an immensely successfull selling career.

Walter

Last edited:

Nick perry01

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Apr 6, 2020
Bates City, Missouri
What is the worst thing that can happen if you call?
Haha....nothing, I know the worst thing that can hhappen is rejection, but because the mind's normal response is to take thing calm and in our confort zone, I really have to focus and get outside my comfort zone.

Nick perry01

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Apr 6, 2020
Bates City, Missouri
Just call them and offer whatever you are offering. You will face probably a high % of rejection, have fun with it. If someone says no, give them some trolling (ok that might be a bad idea) but as someone that did telemarketing for 8 hours a day cold calling people I loved pissing people off, believe it or not, I got fired from that job :cool:

Make rejection fun, what I did when getting a rejection is laugh and make fun of myself, create a game out of it. Go out and SEEK rejection. Let's make a goal, a minimum of 10 rejections for your next cold calling venture, if you want to make it even more fun, CALL the people back that rejected you and play some clown circus music on speaker and then ask if they changed their mind.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pct1uEhAqBQ
this would be great

It's all fun when you make it a game, after all that, you will realize hearing the word NO isn't as bad, someone you don't even know will just hang up most likely. So what? Doesn't matter. In the world of sales rejection and ''failure'' is all part of the game, you can have the greatest product or service in the world and some doofus will still give you a no, everything I've done when it comes to sales always dealt with lots of rejection, I would guesstimate something like 70+ % rejection rate, perhaps even higher. Make it fun.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCANT0nG3bY

refer to 3:10 in the clip

Once you start experiencing the thrill of selling, you will be hooked, MJ calls it entrepreneurial heroin
I absouloutly love this idea. Having fun and playing circus music :)

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

Cold calling and talking on the phone is wildly uncomfortable for a TON of people. It is, like public speaking, something you will learn to get comfortable with only by facing those fears... But once you do, you will have that leg up.

Effective phone sales is probably the most powerful, simple skill you can add to your entrepreneurial toolbox.

I saw a bit from Jordan Belfort about cold approaches a while back. See if you can find something from him. It was pretty good.

Other than that, you can try propranolol, which is what a lot of CEO's use in high-pressure meetings to block adrenaline. I use it sometimes and it keeps my head in the game instead of thinking about the stakes and whether it is going well or not.

Best of luck! Let us know how it goes!

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Cold calling and talking on the phone is wildly uncomfortable for a TON of people. It is, like public speaking, something you will learn to get comfortable with only by facing those fears... But once you do, you will have that leg up.

Effective phone sales is probably the most powerful, simple skill you can add to your entrepreneurial toolbox.

I saw a bit from Jordan Belfort about cold approaches a while back. See if you can find something from him. It was pretty good.

Other than that, you can try propranolol, which is what a lot of CEO's use in high-pressure meetings to block adrenaline. I use it sometimes and it keeps my head in the game instead of thinking about the stakes and whether it is going well or not.

Best of luck! Let us know how it goes!

Recommending someone to take a drug is extremely stupid advice

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Recommending someone to take a drug is extremely stupid advice

I didn’t recommend it. I brought it up as one option. A realistic option that exists out there that works.

This is commonly prescribed for preformance anxiety. Competitive golfers have used it for years to cure the “yips.”

Last edited:

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
I didn’t recommend it. I brought it up as one option. A realistic option that exists out there that works.

This is commonly prescribed for preformance anxiety. Competitive golfers have used it for years to cure the “yips.”

ahh... commonly prescribed... fetanyl is also prescribed, so are anti depressants! (which is a 17 billion dollar industry in the US of A)

Just because some golfers use it doesn't mean its healthy or risk free. Here's some fun facts of the day.

Propranolol was found to cause depression as a side effect with a statistically greater frequency than the control medications used in these trials. As other side effects of propranolol include fatigue, diminished energy, decreased libido, anorexia and poor concentration, it is suggested that propranolol is a cause of organic mood disorder, depressed type.

Redbull is an awesome concentration, energy booster (in the short term) Before the crash, but is it a healthy option in the long term? Think about what you are putting inside your body :cool:

OP stated he doesn't have the courage to cold call people, that's fine. What he needs to do is just make a call, and after he will realize how stupid his beliefs are in regards to fear of failure/rejection really are.

Last edited:

Nick perry01

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Apr 6, 2020
Bates City, Missouri
YO....I did it. After a day's worth of procrastination and a 10 minute session of meditation, I finnaly gathered the nerve to call then. Unfortunately, when I called the owner of the business wasn't there and now I have to wait till tommorow. But I'll keep you guys updated....:)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.