The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I DONT KNOW WHERE TO BEGIN

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

The princess

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Mar 15, 2023
Hello
I'm going to tell u a little about my background. I was college student but didn't complete my course due to illness, it was pre med course. I was always thinking that in order to be successful traditional college degree/masters is needed to earn a substantial income. In other words I'm very fixed on formulas and concepts that if there's no clear and precise way to entrepreneurship then idk how to be one.

I sincerely would like to make a lot alot of money. Maybe even more than Elon Musk but the female version. However I read the book millionaire fastlane and I'm a little bit confused on how to start a company or a business. Anyway right now I am unemployed at 26 and I don't have a job. I am constantly thinking of ways I can make money online especially through YouTube. But then again in MJs book he did say that Google was getting most of the money n that's not entrepreneurship. Cut story short I am broke but also desperate to make a difference in the world even if its a small difference and get paid for that.

I hope anyone who reads this know that I'm on the brink of giving up because I was so close to joining an mlm if it wasn't for the book. Pls help me!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
Hello
I'm going to tell u a little about my background. I was college student but didn't complete my course due to illness, it was pre med course. I was always thinking that in order to be successful traditional college degree/masters is needed to earn a substantial income. In other words I'm very fixed on formulas and concepts that if there's no clear and precise way to entrepreneurship then idk how to be one.

I sincerely would like to make a lot alot of money. Maybe even more than Elon Musk but the female version. However I read the book millionaire fastlane and I'm a little bit confused on how to start a company or a business. Anyway right now I am unemployed at 26 and I don't have a job. I am constantly thinking of ways I can make money online especially through YouTube. But then again in MJs book he did say that Google was getting most of the money n that's not entrepreneurship. Cut story short I am broke but also desperate to make a difference in the world even if its a small difference and get paid for that.

I hope anyone who reads this know that I'm on the brink of giving up because I was so close to joining an mlm if it wasn't for the book. Pls help me!
As you said you are broke doing anything and getting a job to bring in cashflow is top priority.

Once you have saved up you can test for business ideas.

Prdgy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
172%
Mar 27, 2023
As @Kevin88660 has said, if you're broke, you should seek a job and use some of that income to get on your feet and prod around with disposable income to test businesses. You only really need to hit it big with one of them, so the very first thing is getting a bit of income.

Then you can follow some of the advice from TMF about growing a business, making sure it passes CENTS. Don't forget to also use education as a tool to continuously evolve your business system, if you can, a library is a free way to get a load of information, same goes for the internet.

It's harsh out there, but it's the hand you're dealt. I wish you luck!

Artiom O

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Oct 10, 2021
Hello

I agree with Kevin. Get a job.

After you have a small income source, as small as it is, you can start helping people. Start anywhere, based on different problems. To make money, you have to make a difference for them, for the market.

After helping a big enough quantity of people, you'll start to spot problems more often. You'll see what people struggle with, and what type of problems you're best at.

Maybe you're good at helping people with design problems. Let's pretend you're excelent at doing graphic design, logos etc.

If that's the case, then you should start learning that skill in more detail. Get a course on graphic design.

After you learn the skill at an intermediate level, you should start targeting people who specifically struggle with graphic stuff. Join forums, sub-reddits, search on groups, comunities.

It's important to make a difference for them. To truly help them to solve their problem. Guide, build stuff for them, for free. If they ask for even more help, offer your work for a price.

It's important to help people who are taking action on their problem, and not resting on their couch watching Netflix.

You'll start to be seen as an expert in graphic design. People will start coming to you for help. The ones you worked with, will start reffering you to others. Some of them will come back for more work. You'll start offering a price for everything and get into the business part.

If you failed until this point to make st least $1, it means that you had no impact on anyone's life and haven't solved any problem, or you just worked hard, but did useless stuff that again didn't help anyone. No money = no problem solved for anyone. If it's not about the money, he needs to at least say a big thank you, if you're doing things for free. This thank you is the perfect equivalent to potential money.

At this point you should have a big list of the most frequent problems people are struggling with. Build a solution, make your first sale, and scale. The rest is described in MJ's books.

This is what I've learned in the past 2 years. A good reminder that in order to recieve a change (money) I have to make a difference for them. Bigger the difference, bigger the money.

Hope this helps ! It did help me clear up things.

For a more detailed process, I suggest you start with these posts:

Last edited:

The princess

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Mar 15, 2023
As @Kevin88660 has said, if you're broke, you should seek a job and use some of that income to get on your feet and prod around with disposable income to test businesses. You only really need to hit it big with one of them, so the very first thing is getting a bit of income.

Then you can follow some of the advice from TMF about growing a business, making sure it passes CENTS. Don't forget to also use education as a tool to continuously evolve your business system, if you can, a library is a free way to get a load of information, same goes for the internet.

It's harsh out there, but it's the hand you're dealt. I wish you luck!
Hello
Thank u for replying. Yes I read everyday and am always learning new things. I am trying to improve my finance and business's literacy..

The princess

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Mar 15, 2023
I agree with Kevin. Get a job.

After you have a small income source, as small as it is, you can start helping people. Start anywhere, based on different problems. To make money, you have to make a difference for them, for the market.

After helping a big enough quantity of people, you'll start to spot problems more often. You'll see what people struggle with, and what type of problems you're best at.

Maybe you're good at helping people with design problems. Let's pretend you're excelent at doing graphic design, logos etc.

If that's the case, then you should start learning that skill in more detail. Get a course on graphic design.

After you learn the skill at an intermediate level, you should start targeting people who specifically struggle with graphic stuff. Join forums, sub-reddits, search on groups, comunities.

It's important to make a difference for them. To truly help them to solve their problem. Guide, build stuff for them, for free. If they ask for even more help, offer your work for a price.

It's important to help people who are taking action on their problem, and not resting on their couch watching Netflix.

You'll start to be seen as an expert in graphic design. People will start coming to you for help. The ones you worked with, will start reffering you to others. Some of them will come back for more work. You'll start offering a price for everything and get into the business part.

If you failed until this point to make st least $1, it means that you had no impact on anyone's life and haven't solved any problem, or you just worked hard, but did useless stuff that again didn't help anyone. No money = no problem solved for anyone. If it's not about the money, he needs to at least say a big thank you, if you're doing things for free. This thank you is the perfect equivalent to potential money.

At this point you should have a big list of the most frequent problems people are struggling with. Build a solution, make your first sale, and scale. The rest is described in MJ's books.

This is what I've learned in the past 2 years. A good reminder that in order to recieve a change (money) I have to make a difference for them. Bigger the difference, bigger the money.

Hope this helps ! It did help me clear up things.

For a more detailed process, I suggest you start with these posts:
Hello Artiom
Thank u so much for the reply! Well learning new things was always my hobby as a kid. I happen to know how to code, so I'm thinking I can be a freelance Web designer (though idk if its marketable since making a website just requires u to use wordpress). I am now looking for ways I can get started.

Panos Daras

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
Oct 10, 2022
Hello

"Pls help me". Me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me....me....me. I want to be as rich as Elon Musk but the best entrepreneur vehicle I found was MLM, me me me me me me me me me... I did not complete college because I was sick, me me me me me.. Young lady at this point you cannot even help yourself. Start by fixing yourself and your mindset, develop some structure in your mind, reverse engineer your goals, and then start with helping others and the world. Sorry saying what you NEED to hear not what you WANT to hear. Always remember the Oxygen mask principle1680261082706.png

The princess

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Mar 15, 2023
"Pls help me". Me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me....me....me. I want to be as rich as Elon Musk but the best entrepreneur vehicle I found was MLM, me me me me me me me me me... I did not complete college because I was sick, me me me me me.. Young lady at this point you cannot even help yourself. Start by fixing yourself and your mindset, develop some structure in your mind, reverse engineer your goals, and then start with helping others and the world. Sorry saying what you NEED to hear not what you WANT to hear. Always remember the Oxygen mask principleView attachment 48069
Hello Panos
Thank u for replying. I appreciate your honesty. I do agree that I do infact need structure in my mind. And also I didn't mean to sound like a narcissist, I'm not one. Anyway yeah I'll work on my mindset and goals before trying to help others.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
"Pls help me". Me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me....me....me. I want to be as rich as Elon Musk but the best entrepreneur vehicle I found was MLM, me me me me me me me me me... I did not complete college because I was sick, me me me me me.. Young lady at this point you cannot even help yourself. Start by fixing yourself and your mindset, develop some structure in your mind, reverse engineer your goals, and then start with helping others and the world. Sorry saying what you NEED to hear not what you WANT to hear. Always remember the Oxygen mask principleView attachment 48069

Hello Panos
Thank u for replying. I appreciate your honesty. I do agree that I do infact need structure in my mind. And also I didn't mean to sound like a narcissist, I'm not one. Anyway yeah I'll work on my mindset and goals before trying to help others.

I don't think that oxygen mask principle is actually true. It's definitely a good idea to work on your mindset. To become a leader, you have to learn to lead yourself first.

But you don't need to do any of those things to decide to help someone else.

If you see a problem you can fix, fix it. If you see a problem that you can fix that someone will pay you to fix, then you have the start of a business.

Prdgy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
172%
Mar 27, 2023
I don't think that oxygen mask principle is actually true. It's definitely a good idea to work on your mindset. To become a leader, you have to learn to lead yourself first.

If you see a problem you can fix, fix it. If you see a problem that you can fix that someone will pay you to fix, then you have the start of a business.
Agree with BizyDad. But I don't think it's a binary question; you can put your mask on with one hand and help another with the other.

It's kind of like the relationship between mental health and fitness. If you're fit, you're bound to have better mental health, and vice versa. Learning how to fix things in others' lives will teach you how to learn things in your life, and fixing things in your life will teach you how to fix outside problems.

The princess

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Mar 15, 2023

Thank u BizyDad
Very well said!

The princess

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Mar 15, 2023
Agree with BizyDad. But I don't think it's a binary question; you can put your mask on with one hand and help another with the other.

It's kind of like the relationship between mental health and fitness. If you're fit, you're bound to have better mental health, and vice versa. Learning how to fix things in others' lives will teach you how to learn things in your life, and fixing things in your life will teach you how to fix outside problems.
I agree Prdgy.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.