The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Overcoming Action Faking

Anything related to matters of the mind

Spenny

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
385%
Nov 16, 2022
United Kingdom
This has really played on my mind for the past week, and I'm finding lots of what I'm doing is just action faking. Listening to audiobooks, going to networking events, thinking about strategy for the business and hell, even making this post.

How do people deal with this? Am I just being overly critical?

Part of me says that this stuff is important - its gotten me to where I am today, but I cant help but feel down that I've just been action faking loads.....

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
This has really played on my mind for the past week, and I'm finding lots of what I'm doing is just action faking. Listening to audiobooks, going to networking events, thinking about strategy for the business and hell, even making this post.

Part of me says that this stuff is important - its gotten me to where I am today, but I cant help but feel down that I've just been action faking loads.....

Where are you?

What can you do to make a sale this week?

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Spenny

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
385%
Nov 16, 2022
United Kingdom
Where are you?

What can you do to make a sale this week?
Funny you said that. After this post I've actually followed up on cold leads.

Literally just now after reading these messages: Just messaged 6 new potential clients with an email. Started doubting myself saying "oh but I havent done a copywriting course yet". Ignored it.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Started doubting myself saying "oh but I havent done a copywriting course yet". Ignored it.
Good.

alexkuzmov

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 20, 2019
Bulgaria

Sounds more like procrastination.

What is your goal?

Spenny

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
385%
Nov 16, 2022
United Kingdom
Sounds more like procrastination.

What is your goal?
Own multiple businesses & have financial freedom. The penultimate would be £10mil.

I'm not sure if its procrastination, because I think I've thought to be a good entrepreneur - you do these things.

I think its more that I've realised that its doing F*ck all to get me much closer to where I want to be - having a profitable business that doesn't rely on a job.

fastlane_dad

8 Figure Fastlane Graduate
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
637%
Jun 20, 2017
Scottsdale, AZ

Made a post addressing this a few minutes ago, check it out!

-Have you picked ANY direction to go in?
-Do you have any business interests?
-Any skills you possess?
-Work you don't mind doing?
-Any hobbies or passions in general?
-Any area that interests you where you know a market resides?
-Have you ever sold anything?

It's important as ever to outline the 5 tasks today to get you moving in the right direction.

You do have to pick a destination - and break it down to minuscule steps.

That's step one of any entrepreneurial journey. Otherwise, you will have an employer pick that direction for you (and get you stuck in the slowlane loop).

And there's definitely a mental hurdle you have to overcome of what you are willing to LET GO off as you embark on this. YES that includes letting go of 'networking events', more 'audiobooks' and the like.

------------------------------------------------

REMEMBER: 5 TASKS you can execute on daily. You work on those , cross them off and make a new set the day after. That's how you move forward.

Last edited:

savefox

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Jun 15, 2022
I'm not sure if its procrastination, because I think I've thought to be a good entrepreneur - you do these things.
Sure, but it can't be all that you do. You only do it when you face a problem or an issue due to the lack of knowledge. Then you read a book that will help you solve that specific problem and get back to execution.

Spenny

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
385%
Nov 16, 2022
United Kingdom

-Any skills you possess?

It's important as ever to outline the 5 tasks today to get you moving in the right direction.

That's step one of any entrepreneurial journey. Otherwise, you will have an employer pick that direction for you (and get you stuck in the slowlane loop).

And there's definitely a mental hurdle you have to overcome of what you are willing to LET GO off as you embark on this. YES that includes letting go of 'networking events', more 'audiobooks' and the like.

REMEMBER: 5 TASKS you can execute on daily. You work on those , cross them off and make a new set the day after. That's how you move forward.

A. Have you picked ANY direction to go in?
For overall life? I've picked entrepreneurship.
Businesses? I've only recently decided I need to begin getting properly get my skates on. I've been doing more cold emails and being faster with orders.
B. Do you have any business interests?
Yes. I've found the financial side of business interesting as well as the sales/marketing side.
C. Any skills you possess?
Presenting & public speaking. I really dont get nervous.
I also find I can simply stuff & communicate it well. I've always enjoyed teaching complex ideas in chemistry.
Also leadership, I do enjoy delgation & seek people who make up for my shortcomings.
D. Work you don't mind doing?
Anything to do with public speaking or making presentation decks. I love getting ideas, making them easier to understand and far more engaging. I have thought of YouTube, but I've not spotted a need for me to be there.
E. Any hobbies or passions in general?
Primarily business. And by businesses, I mean actual businesses. I enjoy investing & doing startup. I do the gym too.
F. Any area that interests you where you know a market resides?
I hear lots of professionals whining how academics cant communicate their amazing research to people. It's rife in chemistry. I've actually helped someone in getting their message out there succinctly (presentation, narrowing down their usp/target audience).
Have you ever sold anything?
In the past couple month, we sold £800 worth of merchandise to two societies
When I was younger, I ran a under the table sweet shop & made £600 in revenue

Destination: I would really like to first make £1000 in profit. I've got two businesses that I think I can do this with.

How: Two cold emails a day, complete my tasks listed here (and so forth) for the week.

For some reason I've had this nagging feeling that I should be posting to youtube daily - just something. I've kind of batted this down since I don't know what I could offer that would be relative value.

Last edited:

Desolation Row

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
122%
Nov 16, 2022
Austria

-Any skills you possess?

Mega helpful post, thank you !

Stepan

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
84%
Sep 17, 2022
Russia

-Any skills you possess?

Thanks for the tips. Will definitely use those : )

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.