The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Oh wow... I've just found Loom.com

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Now I know what Andy Black looks like! I legitimately pictured you for all these years as a dude in a red motorcycle outfit... like a business power ranger or something.
Lol. Funnily enough a kid once asked if I was a power ranger when I was walking about in my bike gear.

Actually... there's a whole thread with me trying to figure out how to get in front of the camera:

Andy Bell

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Feb 10, 2019
Zihuantanejo
Looks like some interesting software, can you do live streaming with it like a webinar?

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
Video thread. Not replying to this.

Just kidding, that's really cool.

AND WAIT, I THOUGHT YOU NEVER USED THE LATEST POSTS FEED

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Video thread. Not replying to this.

Just kidding, that's really cool.

AND WAIT, I THOUGHT YOU NEVER USED THE LATEST POSTS FEED
Eagle eyes Chris. Sometimes the latest posts show up - I have to login you know! I just don’t (rarely) look at the latest posts...

Oh, and thanks for watching the video. I kept it super short for my fellow non-video watching forum members.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Loom is great for quickly creating videos!

Make sure to grab the Chrome Extension too!
Oh nice. I didn’t know there was a Chrome extension. I looks like there isn’t a phone app yet, but for $10/mth I am going to get serious use out of this.

I hear Dubb is good too, has even more features, and has a phone app. But it’s $40/mth and I don’t want shed-loads of features - I want simple to use.

kkoasdfawfqwe2

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Feb 17, 2017
Europe
Now I know what Andy Black looks like! I legitimately pictured you for all these years as a dude in a red motorcycle outfit... like a business power ranger or something.

I was on a Zoom call with Andy about a week ago.

To my surprise he wasn't in a Power Ranger outfit or on a motorcycle as well, but the knowledge and intel he has acquired makes him THE Business Power Ranger without a doubt!

In regards to Loom, I see a lot of these video and recording tools are popping up in just the last few years.

I mentioned Zoom above and that is one of the tools that just came in and took over by force when it comes to online meetings..

There are/were plenty of tools before these as well, but it didn't stop Zoom or Loom from improving a lot of small things in order to acquire a lot of customers in a short timeframe.

And it shouldn't stop any of you out there either! If you see enough possible value skews to make the next Doom, Moon, Soon or whatever, then go for it.

Lately I think the forum has had a lot of threads/posts about how things are not possible or too hard without a lot of prerequisites in place, but I see real life examples like these all the time that just says otherwise.

Could also be its just the threads I notice a lot but we need to show these examples, new successes happens all the time.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I was on a Zoom call with Andy about a week ago.

To my surprise he wasn't in a Power Ranger outfit or on a motorcycle as well, but the knowledge and intel he has acquired makes him THE Business Power Ranger without a doubt!

In regards to Loom, I see a lot of these video and recording tools are popping up in just the last few years.

I mentioned Zoom above and that is one of the tools that just came in and took over by force when it comes to online meetings..

There are/were plenty of tools before these as well, but it didn't stop Zoom or Loom from improving a lot of small things in order to acquire a lot of customers in a short timeframe.

And it shouldn't stop any of you out there either! If you see enough possible value skews to make the next Doom, Moon, Soon or whatever, then go for it.

Lately I think the forum has had a lot of threads/posts about how things are not possible or too hard without a lot of prerequisites in place, but I see real life examples like these all the time that just says otherwise.

Could also be its just the threads I notice a lot but we need to show these examples, new successes happens all the time.
Zoom, Loom, Dubb, Bonjoro, Calendly...

They all do one thing very well. That’s a lesson to me to stay in my lane and go deeper. To do more by doing less.

I really enjoyed our chat. Looking forward to seeing how things work out for you.

reedracer

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
172%
Jun 2, 2019
Kansas City
Somewhat relevant, Tim Ferriss' podcast kit... Lt $100!

Jeff Noel

Go all in.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Oct 26, 2018
Quebec, Canada
Interestingly enough, this is what Tai Lopez suggests people to use in his SMMA program to pitch on potential customers while reviewing their social medias/website.

Great tool for sure !

Last edited:

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
Jan 13, 2014

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Somewhat relevant, Tim Ferriss' podcast kit... Lt $100!
Interesting. I’ll Google for that. Thanks.

I’m using my MOVO PM 10 lapel mic that I picked up a few years ago during my AndyTalks progress thread.

I had a really cool tripod selfie stick that could sit on a table and hold my camera. It’s gone walkies and I suspect a niece or nephew took a shine to it. I’ll get another and post a photo.

I’d also like to get a couple of LED lights to use instead of the two big light boxes I have. I’ve never used them because they’re too bulky to leave setup, and too much of a pita to setup and take down each night.

I’d like the LED lights to sit on the table either side of the laptop in front of me so the light isn’t from above so much.

I also want to do a series of flip chart videos too.

Hmmm... maybe time to resurrect that AndyTalks progress thread.

I’ll dig out some old motorbike photos to see if I really did look like a power ranger...

reedracer

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
172%
Jun 2, 2019
Kansas City
Interesting. I’ll Google for that. Thanks.

I’m using my MOVO PM 10 lapel mic that I picked up a few years ago during my AndyTalks progress thread.

I had a really cool tripod selfie stick that could sit on a table and hold my camera. It’s gone walkies and I suspect a niece or nephew took a shine to it. I’ll get another and post a photo.

I’d also like to get a couple of LED lights to use instead of the two big light boxes I have (and have never used because they’re too bulky to leave setup, and too much of a pita to setup and take down each night). I’d like them to sit on the table either side of the laptop in front of me so the light isn’t from above so much.

I still want to do a series of flip chart videos too.

Hmmm... maybe time to resurrect that progress thread.

I’ll also go dig out some old motorbike photos to see if I really did look like a power ranger...
http://instagr.am/p/B0gknQuH7Kx/ View: https://www.instagram.com/p/B0gknQuH7Kx/
Forgot the link. I need to get my wife's video rig lighted correctly. The screens reflecting off the glasses makes her nuts.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
http://instagr.am/p/B0gknQuH7Kx/ View: https://www.instagram.com/p/B0gknQuH7Kx/
Forgot the link. I need to get my wife's video rig lighted correctly. The screens reflecting off the glasses makes her nuts.
Yes. I could see the screen was reflecting off my own glasses too. I don’t always need to use glasses on the PC, but I’d get a headache with prolonged use without them.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
View: https://youtu.be/u6nf2EmvOiw

Info about our Medium.com account getting limited - might be good for someone

@rpeck90 ... if you use your phone headphones with your laptop then the sound might come out better.

I recorded mine on my laptop instead of my main computer so I could:
  1. Plugin my lapel mic.
  2. Sit where the background is a blank wall.
  3. Record a smaller screen area (I know some folks will watch back on a laptop, tablet, or phone).
  4. Have the camera angle a bit more where I’m looking at the camera itself.

I was using a MOVO PM10 lapel mic.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I was doing an audit last night of a prospect's account. I thought I'd create a series of Loom videos and send those on. I'm already doing the work, so why not record me getting my insights?

I've learned not to create one big video!
  1. If Loom crashes I'll be unhappy. :(
  2. It's intimidating for me to create it.
  3. It's hard for me to redo if I screw up or go down the wrong track.
  4. It's intimidating for the viewer to see a 30 min video for them to watch.
  5. It's disrespectful of the viewer's time.

So I did 3 short ish videos.
  • The first was 2.5 minutes and of me reviewing their campaign data, so that's confidential.
  • The second was 5 minutes where I downloaded the campaign data into Excel and then analysed it.
  • The third was 10 minutes where I reviewed all the search terms for their account, so that's confidential again.

Here's the second video.
  • Curious what you think.

View: https://youtu.be/xX12exVHVGc

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I’m soooo far behind on my homework to create a free course to publish on YouTube. It’s not lack of time. I just haven’t figured out quite how to do it.

I know it’s not lack of time to create videos because I’ve just looked at my Loom account and I’ve 57 private videos on there!

I love Loom. I’d love it even more if it worked without an fast internet connection, but that’s not been too much of a hindrance.

I’m recording my daily work for my team, for clients, and for prospects. It’s so quick and painless to use Loom.

I just need to figure out how to make videos in such a way it can be published to Youtube or courses. The biggest issue is confidentiality of what I’m recording.

Anyway... all that to say Loom is one of my favourite $10/mth tools.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
downloaded loom after having a conversation with Andy.

Great little tool, that i can use for my online classes, courses as well as sending videos to prospects.

:)

redshift

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
345%
Sep 4, 2018

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Wow again. There’s a Loom app for the phone!

I only know this because a business partner who I told about Loom sent me a Loom video from his phone.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Nice. We can create Loom videos from within gmail:

LordGanon

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
294%
Jun 22, 2020
Germany
And here I hoped for a browser-based version of the great classic...
LOOM_Cover_Art.jpg

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.