The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

New concept in Denmark - Would you pay for this

Andreas Thrane

Workaholics aren't heroes
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
131%
Sep 6, 2018
Denmark
Hello.

I'm from a small country called Denmark in Northern Europe.

I have stumbled upon a new development in the cleaning industry. Specific in the car cleaning industry. Companies are now specialized in cleaning your car at home or at your job with a portable steam cleaner. These are getting pretty big: SteamRex - Vi gør din bil ren som ny

My question; how would you profit from that? I'm thinking about buying a steamwasher: SG 4/4 | Kärcher International It's about 400$, which for me right now, is a lot of money. But i can provide value to people pretty easy.

With the steamcleaner i can clean ovens and stoves in private homes. Nobody else does that in my part of the country. When the business gets going i can invest more and provide value for resturants, hotels and such specialize cleaning their kitchens.

Would you pay for someone to clean yuor oven, and how much?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ApparentHorizon

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
301%
Apr 1, 2016
Greenville, SC
Hello.

I have stumbled upon a new development in the cleaning industry. Specific in the car cleaning industry. Companies are now specialized in cleaning your car at home or at your job with a portable steam cleaner. These are getting pretty big: SteamRex - Vi gør din bil ren som ny

My question; how would you profit from that? I'm thinking about buying a steamwasher: SG 4/4 | Kärcher International It's about 400$, which for me right now, is a lot of money. But i can provide value to people pretty easy.

With the steamcleaner i can clean ovens and stoves in private homes. Nobody else does that in my part of the country. When the business gets going i can invest more and provide value for resturants, hotels and such specialize cleaning their kitchens.

Speaking from the US.

It's fairly cheap around here to get your whole house cleaned, kitchen, bathroom, etc. With websites like care.com and thumbtack.com it's a race to the bottom. Mostly moms and college students looking for extra side income.

Have you looked into a localized version of care.com instead?

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
What about cleaning car engines?
Hello.

Andreas Thrane

Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
131%
Sep 6, 2018
Denmark
Speaking from the US.

It's fairly cheap around here to get your whole house cleaned, kitchen, bathroom, etc. With websites like care.com and thumbtack.com it's a race to the bottom. Mostly moms and college students looking for extra side income.

Thanks

Care.com does exist in Denmark and in the local area facebook is pretty big.

Andreas Thrane

Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
131%
Sep 6, 2018
Denmark
What about cleaning car engines?
What about insurance? Isnt that expensive? I Imagine you pretty easy can do some damage on the engine.

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
Speaking from the US.

This is no joke right here!! Another reason I got out of the cleaning business. Nowadays people in America will clean your house for $10 an hour cash. Plus, you are probably just making yourself a J O B with that machine because it would be hard to get enough steady customers to hire workers. I'm not saying it would be impossible but it would be a lot of work to get that many steady customers. But, if your goal is to make yourself a job, I think eventually you could find enough high paying customers to keep you busy. It might take a few years. If you choose to make a J O B for yourself, target high end.

ApparentHorizon

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
301%
Apr 1, 2016
Greenville, SC
This is no joke right here!! Another reason I got out of the cleaning business. Nowadays people in America will clean your house for $10 an hour cash. Plus, you are probably just making yourself a J O B with that machine because it would be hard to get enough steady customers to hire workers. I'm not saying it would be impossible but it would be a lot of work to get that many steady customers. But, if your goal is to make yourself a job, I think eventually you could find enough high paying customers to keep you busy. It might take a few years. If you choose to make a J O B for yourself, target high end.

He still has the possibility of turning it into a fastlane business: GOLD! - Making Money For Dummies (And In a Crowded Market)

Judging by his post, and correct me if I'm wrong Andreas, he's looking to do the hard labor himself. Even if it's him at first while he builds a solid pool of repeat customers (A subscription model vs one time deals). It's a hard mountain to climb at these rates.

Furthermore, the high end as you said, is the best way to approach it.

If you look at new car makers. A lot of them start with high end cars, then trickle down into the mass market.

Either high end or commercial. These can still be reached through traditional marketing channels, including, and most importantly, networking.

The question with affluent clients is, how many actually cook at home? Few in the states.

Brainstorming a possible structure:
- General house cleaning
- - Upsells: garage sorting, attic/basement cleaning, deep oven cleaning, general car clenaing, deep car cleaning (as Jon mentioned)
- 10% discount on a subscription.
- Standardized packages: Every 1 week. Every 2 weeks. Monthly.
- Referral bonuses
- Partnering with Lawn-care businesses? Give them a referral fee for recommending you.

happybhoy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jan 2, 2015
Ecosse
Oven cleaning is an established business here in the UK. Every town has an oven cleaner. Its about £45-£70.
I think they tend to use industrial chemicals rather than steam cleaners though.

Andreas Thrane

Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
131%
Sep 6, 2018
Denmark
Thanks for all your replies. My idea of cleaning are based on an awesome thread on this forum i read the other day but no longer can find. Its called something like "Get started. Its really this simple!". A guy purchased some equipment he uses to paint cars - its a job for himself. A well-paid one. He uses that money to fund his next business as i understand it. Thats my plan too. The process will also teach me the skills of doing business. Marketing, network and all that dinglejingle.

But after reading your replies, i don't think a cleaning business/job is the way to go. What would you do?

I really need to read that thread again, but its gone :-/

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.