The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Need help! Got stuck while working and growing business at the same time

Idea threads

Istea

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 23, 2020
Denmark/Hungary
Hello!

I’ve been working for a digital marketing agency for more than a year now but int the last few months, especially the last few weeks I don’t feel like working anymore, I work about 2 hours each day instead of about 4 hours that I used to work previously. My motivation significantly decreased and the quality of the work I do decreased as well in my opinion.

I’m feeling guilty because if I don’t quit and just wait till my manager realises that I’m not really doing work anymore it would be like lying to the company and clients. On the other hand if I quit the agency job right now I would have to live from my business’s profits and it would mean that I can’t really invest any more money to growing the business because of my living costs.

I have an e-bike rental business that could cover my living cost if I spend a bit less and I have an online store that has thin profit margin right now but has great potential to growth. (already sold some products with acceptable CPA)

So what do you think, should I quit the agency or stay there until they notice that I am not really working anymore?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
So they're paying you for 4 hours of work, but you're only doing 2 hours of work?

What are you doing with the non-working 2 hours?

On the hand, If I wanted to stay at the company, I would take those non working two hours and spend them becoming a better digital marketer, that's making myself still valuable to the company but also building my personal skill sets for my own business. I'd also talk to the boss about hopefully getting more work to do.

But if I just lost all passion for my job, I would do everything I can to grow that other business to support me, and just quit my job. Because the 2 hours I am working is taking me away from what I actually want to be doing. And a paycheck isn't worth being miserable if you have the power to avoid it.

watchopt

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
May 5, 2020
us
My motivation significantly decreased and the quality of the work I do decreased as well in my opinion.
This came into my life too, many times during a 25 year career working for the other guy. Thankfully each time, I already had sights on something else I wanted to do/accomplish/be apart of and just took action to get on that next project/team. It is good to know you are headed to the fastlane, with your business. If you feel stuck then maybe coming up with a Planasy is your next move.

J

Issi007

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
233%
Apr 27, 2022
Hello!

I’ve been working for a digital marketing agency for more than a year now but int the last few months, especially the last few weeks I don’t feel like working anymore, I work about 2 hours each day instead of about 4 hours that I used to work previously. My motivation significantly decreased and the quality of the work I do decreased as well in my opinion.

I’m feeling guilty because if I don’t quit and just wait till my manager realises that I’m not really doing work anymore it would be like lying to the company and clients. On the other hand if I quit the agency job right now I would have to live from my business’s profits and it would mean that I can’t really invest any more money to growing the business because of my living costs.

I have an e-bike rental business that could cover my living cost if I spend a bit less and I have an online store that has thin profit margin right now but has great potential to growth. (already sold some products with acceptable CPA)

So what do you think, should I quit the agency or stay there until they notice that I am not really working anymore?
I beleive, there always is an opportunity cost associated.
I think, its either you leave your main job now to maximise your time on your business, focused on growth now or consider acquiring more skills in digital marketing in your field which will serve later on for your business.
Given the situation, I would continue working for the current company but progressively cutting on living expenses until I get enough margin to be able to invest and finance my living expense fairly with my business profits, then I quit.

Good luck !

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
How is going your business? I am just lucky that my wife isn't jealous and knows the difference between work and our relationship. Plus, I spend a lot of time with her, she loves bike ridings and I always go with her wherever she wants. But sometimes I get very tired and I try to do some yoga poses which I have found here <link removed … see comment below> as it helps me to relax and forget about pain. To be honest, I have never thought that I will do yoga in my life, but I think it is the best thing I have tried.
We’ve removed your link.

Hi @Danny01,

I have an SEO agency and I can make link building for your website!

If you are interested, pm me!
^^^ You posted this before.

Are you in the forum for link building?

If that’s your goal then you’re missing out on what the forum has to offer. You’ll also get removed.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.