The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Do You Want to Get Money, Get Fit, Party, and Develop Incredible Work Ethics At the Same Time?

FloppyDisque

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
325%
Aug 27, 2019
Do you live in Canada?

Are you around 18 - 25 years old?

Do you have no idea what in the world you're doing with your life?

Do you want to get some money, have a fun time, and experience life outside your comfort zone?

If you've said yes to all the above, then I've got just the job for you.

Tree-planting.

Every summer (~April - August), millions of tiny a$$ trees are planted as required by the Canadian law that states that every tree that is cut must be replanted. Thus the profession and tradition of tree-planting is created. Basically, you and a bunch of other people, will be going out in the middle of nowhere to camp there for a few months and wake up at 6 every day to plant trees for 8-10 hours a day.

The trees are slammed into the ground at a breakneck speed under the hot a$$ sun, freezing cold temperatures, rains that gives the whole crew mild hypothermia, and swarms of bugs trying to eat any skin that is exposed and not dipped in bug spray, especially when you're trying to take a shit or piss in the middle of the land. The amount of freedom you get with this job is worth noting as this is one of the only jobs in a first world country where you can literally pull your pants down and take a dump right where you're standing, in the middle of work, without getting fired or a sexual harassment lawsuit. Cool right?

You get paid per tree planted so the more you work, the more you get paid. Trust me, it really gives you motivation to work harder as you know the size of your paycheck depends on how hard you work.
There's nothing to spend money on out there so you will basically be keeping all the money you earn, minus camp costs and (optional) drugs, etc.
Also, there will essentially be no internet, cell service, etc. and you will be cutoff from the rest of the world for most of the time you're there, which leaves you and your tribe of crazy fellow tree-planters to socialize, do drugs, party, or have sex in your free time, which is honestly a very refreshing break.

By the end of the planting season, you will be so F*cking fit, you can out stamina any of your friends back in the city as you will be carrying up to 50+lbs of trees on your body and walking and exercising all day. You will have the best sleep you have ever had, and by the end, waking up early in the morning will be the norm (assuming you don't stay up all night to do drugs) . You'll get a chance to experience how humans were truly evolved to be.

What I find personally to be the biggest benefit of tree-planting is that you develop a crazy stupid stubbornness. Over the course of the first few days, or even weeks, your mind will torture you with negative shit as you are neither mentally nor physically fit enough to be able to do the job for the whole day, but I promise you if you stick with it, you will be able to hit numbers that seemed literally impossible in the first week. (I averaged 600 trees first week and somewhere around 2500 the last week)

Go tree-planting if you have nothing better to do.

On an unrelated note, I have been learning copywriting recently, so I'm making an effort to write better and post more frequently on the forum. If you guys have any tips for me to improve readability, attention-grabbyness, clarity, etc. it will be much appreciated.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kybalion

Renegade Master
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
247%
Oct 5, 2018
Woah, you've got some real writing skills...

I'd never even think about going to Canada to plant trees, but now the thought has been planted in my head... after all you've emphasized all the relevant benefits...

Sex, drugs n rock'n'roll (not sure about the last one, sounds like they may have no electricity there)

(And Not sure if pooping in front of others is the kind of freedom I'd like...)

Other than that this is an amazing way to present months of back-breaking manual labor!

By the way, you could improve the copy by providing a more specific call-to-action. ''Go tree-planting if you have nothing better to do,'' is kind of vague.

Where can people sign up? Why not emphasize the benefits of signing up for one more time? (eg: Go tree-planting if you'd like to get money, get fit, party, and develop incredible work ethics. Click Here For More INFO)

Also - copywriting pros advise implementing more line breaks and more subheads so that the reader's eyes can rest.

The offer itself reminded me of this one:

Supposedly this ad crushed it! It's claimed that more than 5000 prospects applied...

You can find more info on it by googling ''Shackleton’s Ad – Men Wanted for Hazardous Journey''

P.S.
You could also include some elements of proof, which would make the prospects feel safer about going to the middle of nowhere to potentially get their organs harvested... testimonials from other tree-planters (in best case from authority figures), which have taken part in this will do the job just fine!

Entre Eyes

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Sep 7, 2019
Traveling to Higher Conciousness

READ MY MIND!

THAT WAS FUNNY AS HELL.

FROM A PARTYING HEADLINE TO TAKE A DUMP WHERE YOU STAND WHILE GETTING BIT BY BUGS AS A JOB INCENTIVE HAHAHA.

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
288%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
Great sales copy made me keen

Coincidence that I saw this video today, if you don’t have time to plant trees but want to help it has a donation thing at the end, $1 is one tree planted

View: https://youtu.be/HPJKxAhLw5I

FloppyDisque

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
325%
Aug 27, 2019
By the way, you could improve the copy by providing a more specific call-to-action. ''Go tree-planting if you have nothing better to do,'' is kind of vague.

Where can people sign up? Why not emphasize the benefits of signing up for one more time? (eg: Go tree-planting if you'd like to get money, get fit, party, and develop incredible work ethics. Click Here For More INFO)

Also - copywriting pros advise implementing more line breaks and more subheads so that the reader's eyes can rest.

Supposedly this ad crushed it! It's claimed that more than 5000 prospects applied...

You can find more info on it by googling ''Shackleton’s Ad – Men Wanted for Hazardous Journey''

Thanks for providing me with some much needed feedback. I have read about those techniques (specificity, testimonies, actionable steps) but i guess I'll need more practice.

You could also include some elements of proof, which would make the prospects feel safer about going to the middle of nowhere to potentially get their organs harvested... testimonials from other tree-planters (in best case from authority figures), which have taken part in this will do the job just fine!

Ha ha you probably won't get your organs harvested though you will think to yourself many times 'Why in the F*ck did I come out here?' I got a call from the tree-plant company, and three days later, I'm 900 kilometers up north, away from home, with nothing other than my backpack. I didn't even know where the hell they are located exactly, just the town that they were in. Oh shit, I just realized its 3 A.M, and its their day off and I've got no one to call...

So I walked to a Tim Hortons to try and find something to eat. It was around 6 A.M. I saw an old guy, probably in his 50s, looked like he's been doing hard work all his life, and I went up to him and struck up conversation. He happened to be a mechanic working for one of the other tree-planting company in the area. I told him my situation and he offered to connect me to the recruiting guy at his company if I couldn't go with my original plan. Then, he drove me and dropped me off at the garage of the company that I was supposed to go with. (I'm used to hitch-hiking so getting in a car with a stranger is pretty normal for me, but that's a story for another day)

Well I got to the garage but now I'm freezing my a$$ off as the door is wide open, there's no heat, and no people inside. There's a broken truck with dead animal skin on the hood, a torn down ambulance (how the hell did they even get one), a crap ton of old, dusty tools, if this didn't scream shady, I don't know what does. Outside, there's a bunch of old broken down vehicles. The most notable of which must be a school bus with the 's' and 'h' nowhere to be found, making it a 'cool' bus. There's a bunch of graffiti and other 'graphics designs' on the bus, it looks as though that bus has been thoroughly abused by meth heads. Little did I know at the time, I would one day be getting transported in the 'cool' bus.

Three hours into waiting, the camp-boss finally showed up and drove me a hour even further into the middle of nowhere. I got to camp safely. It all worked out in the end somehow.

At the end of the day you just have to trust yourself to be able to solve whatever problems that may come up and make it through to your goal.

Good luck with whatever you're doing.

LuckyPup

Opportunity + Preparation = Success
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Aug 2, 2012
Midwest USA

I'd never even think about going to Canada to plant trees, but now the thought has been planted in my head... after all you've emphasized all the relevant benefits...

Sex, drugs n rock'n'roll (not sure about the last one, sounds like they may have no electricity there)

(And Not sure if pooping in front of others is the kind of freedom I'd like...)

Other than that this is an amazing way to present months of back-breaking manual labor!

View attachment 28301

P.S.
I've always loved the Shackleton ad. If you haven't read Endurance, it is an awesome book!

Matt Sun

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
254%
Oct 21, 2017
Argentina
I don't want to be OT but wich books would you recommend about copy ? You've developed some skills, I like your writing, it's funny and attention grabing definately.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.