The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Need help finding B2B niche forums

NMdad

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Aug 6, 2017
New Mexico
I need to do some problem validation for a B2B market--without doing a bunch of cold emails or cold calls.

Ideally, I'd like to find & peruse forums where prospects are actively talking about their day-to-day problems. Reddit is OK for B2C, but not so much for B2B--it seems like most B2B forums are kinda hidden, and I'm having trouble finding any. StackOverflow is good for developers--but not for people in non-developer roles (e.g., sales, accounting, marketing, etc.).

I've looked at LinkedIn groups, but they're filled with self-marketing or announcements--not people talking about their problems/challenges.

It'd be great if I could find forums like what BiggerPockets is for real estate.

For example, if I want to do research in niches like franchisees, or scrap/recyclers, or farmers, how could I find active forums for each of those niches?

So, what would you suggest? How have you found B2B forums?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

kommen

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Apr 14, 2022
I'm young and stupid, so I don't know much. I literally just graduated high school a year ago.

But it hit me a few months ago, aren't everyone on this Earth a part of some market niche? @Andy Black talked about helping people in MOTION. Everyone is doing some activity that costs time to get some result, and it gets more serious when their holding MONEY in their hand to buy a result. (A fancy term for this is "demonstrated cashflow")

EDIT: Sorry, I didn't read "Forums" at the end of the title. But I could suggest having coffee with a friend and asking what is he struggling with or hoping to achieve. Then ask him, or other people offline/online if they know anyone else who is struggling with the same thing.

View: https://youtu.be/EzL5Givkyzw

Last edited:

ironmind

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
233%
Feb 20, 2023
I am involved in B2B business as a 9-5 employee, I´m not had experiencie as a business owner.

But my boss do the following:
  • Assist to meetups in the same industry, so he can get outsorced agreements.
  • He has a web, and use google ads to get hired.
  • As he was already 13 years on the business he has lot of contacts, and and word of mouth, gets 80% of the clients.
Again this is an idea, I´m not involved in B2B business as a business owner, and don´t have field experience.

But in your case I would go for ads and a good landing page.

I run lots of ads in google ads, and works fine, but I think that linkedin ads could be more accurate in your case since is the most wide spread business social network.

J_007

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Feb 10, 2023
the Netherlands
I need to do some problem validation for a B2B market--without doing a bunch of cold emails or cold calls.

Ideally, I'd like to find & peruse forums where prospects are actively talking about their day-to-day problems. Reddit is OK for B2C, but not so much for B2B--it seems like most B2B forums are kinda hidden, and I'm having trouble finding any. StackOverflow is good for developers--but not for people in non-developer roles (e.g., sales, accounting, marketing, etc.).

I've looked at LinkedIn groups, but they're filled with self-marketing or announcements--not people talking about their problems/challenges.

It'd be great if I could find forums like what BiggerPockets is for real estate.

For example, if I want to do research in niches like franchisees, or scrap/recyclers, or farmers, how could I find active forums for each of those niches?

I now work for an offshore company and we use for example products from Siemens. They provide supporting and community pages, where people can ask for help. See SIOS and https://community.sw.siemens.com/s/topic/0TO4O000000MilkWAC/general-forum .

Furthermore, maybe this search engine can be useful:
Also, when using google you can specify your search. On this page is an overview:
Hopefully this helps you further.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
I now work for an offshore company and we use for example products from Siemens. They provide supporting and community pages, where people can ask for help. See SIOS and Siemens DISW .

Furthermore, maybe this search engine can be useful:
Also, when using google you can specify your search. On this page is an overview:
Hopefully this helps you further.
Good post.

Farmers

Franchisees

Recyclers

I've used this exact method in the past. I can't promise these are active. Put anything you want between the quotes after intitle:

Not sure how you define active. You can use the search tools to choose results from anytime in the last year, or the last hour. That way you can find something that's at least current.

Screenshot_20230307-233038.png

Hope that helps.

NMdad

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Aug 6, 2017
New Mexico
Good post.

Farmers

Franchisees

Recyclers

I've used this exact method in the past. I can't promise these are active. Put anything you want between the quotes after intitle:

Not sure how you define active. You can use the search tools to choose results from anytime in the last year, or the last hour. That way you can find something that's at least current.

View attachment 47463

Hope that helps.
Ah, nice! That's what I was looking for.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.