• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

FORUM SEARCH

Get answers about starting a business from real entrepreneurs. Powered by Google.

OFF-TOPIC NBA Playoffs

Discussion in 'Off Topic: Sports, Funnies, Pop-Culture' started by AgainstAllOdds, Apr 23, 2018.

Tags:
  1. AgainstAllOdds

AgainstAllOdds Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $49,140
    For me these are probably the best matchups we've seen in ten+ years. Anyone else watching these games? If so, who do you have?

I'm especially hyped for the 76ers - been following them for years ever since they started the process.

For those of you that don't follow basketball, basically the 76ers realized that they're better off tanking every year and getting top draft picks than being a mediocre team that never wins a championship. About four years later and they have the best young center and young point guard in the league and a lot of talent around them. Essentially they took thefastlane approach to basketball and figured out what gets results and did it.

2. JByers210

JByers210 entrepreneur in the making Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,607
    Warriors lol. Rockets may have a chance and I hope they make it competitive and fun to watch instead of another Warriors blowout finals. I agree that these matchups have been the best in a long time...Lebron struggling to make it past the first round!? Honestly didn't see that coming at all.

AgainstAllOdds likes this.
  3. Raoul Duke

Raoul Duke Platinum Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $12
    I didn't see the Trial Blazers being swept. Either the Pelicans are for real... or something is going on in Portland.

Really, like Timberwolves, if Towns was more active down below. The Rockets would be in trouble.

Kyrie Irving needs to sit out the first half of the season. I'm a Celtics fan. Almost, think they are better off without him and Hayward.

4. TylerH1994

TylerH1994 Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $633
    They are fantastic! Especially with the Cavs actually having a tough matchup in the first round.

Teams just feel deeper this year. And the Warriors are not a 100% guarantee to win the title IMO (though I do think only the Rockets can really battle with them).

5. barman

barman Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $167
    I'm from Philly and rooting for the Sixers! Trust the Process!

6. AgainstAllOdds

AgainstAllOdds Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $49,140
    I think this all depends on how good Curry comes back.

Cavs have been dysfunctional all year and Pacers have been underrated all year. Perfect matchup, though I think Cavs will win with ref help.

I didn't see the Pelicans play, but the stats are scary. Playoffs Rondo is real.

Raoul Duke and JByers210 like this.
  7. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $309,266
    Admin Post
    Haven't watched an NBA game in years.

But I'm also a sucker for a good Cinderella backstory. If you say so, go Sixers!

AgainstAllOdds and JByers210 like this.
  8. Dunkafelics

Dunkafelics Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $3,207
    No love for the North?

Unfortunate that the Toronto Raptors got the matchup against Washington. Washington is easily a top four team in the East when healthy.

This is a great time of the year, I have limited my amount of sports that I watch. Luckily, watching the Raptors falls into that amount.

I didn't watch a single regular season game, but it does seem that Golden State will be the frontrunners depending on Steph Curry.

I've heard great things about the 76ers this year. The scary thing is that if they can keep this group together, their younger players will continue to develop to a greater level.

9. Bearcorp

Bearcorp Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $909
    I've gotten right into NBA and NFL the last few years, time zone difference means the games are on during the day here and its all we watch in the office.

Didn't really have a team but with Ben Simmons flying the Aussie flag for 76ers I got on them at the start of this season, I also followed them in the early 2000's when Iverson was a gun, so I have at least some attachment to them haha

Trust the Process!!!

Dunkafelics and AgainstAllOdds like this.
  10. Raoul Duke

Raoul Duke Platinum Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $12
    Holiday is the real winner. Had two HUGE games.

11. ch3wy

ch3wy New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $67
    After I read The Millionaire Fastlane, I thought it was just my crazy mind trying to make connections between basketball and getting on the fastlane. I'm glad someone else sees the same thing! I'm a huge fan of Joel Embiid and Ben Simmons. I felt so bad for Embiid the year he was drafted because I thought his talents were going to be wasted, but that's because I didn't trust the process. Glad to see that they're doing great now.

I think the Warriors are still going to make it to the finals. However, it's refreshing to see different teams actually give the Cavs and the Warriors a run for their money.

12. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $309,266
    Admin Post
    Was just taking a break and looking at some sports stuff...

Saw that Philly is hanging by a thread...

Saw Lebron making a game winning shot and now people are saying he's the greatest ever.

As someone who watched Michael Jordan play every game, and many of Lebron's games, I don't think the comparison is even close. MJ is for MJ. ;-)

13. Argue

Argue Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $13,571
    LeBron > MJ

Don’t @ me.

Also, sixers are trash. Boston is missing Kyrie and Hawyword, and Boston still putting in work. They’re about to sweeeep.

Brad Stevens is probably the best coach right now in the nba bar Steve Kerr.

@AgainstAllOdds put up $100 reps. Who you got, warriors or rockets?

14. Dunkafelics

Dunkafelics Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $3,207
    I just watched my team get dismantled by LeBron for the third straight year... good thing I don't watch the regular season.

As for the LeBron and MJ debate. I think MJ will always be known as the best based on the fact that he never lost a championship and didn't complain to the refs like we see from the star players of today.

Watching LeBron against the Raptors was something else though. He hit some incredibly tough shots and played like a man on a mission.

15. NickC

NickC Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $444
    LeBron is the greatest of this era. Mj was the greatest in his. Not really good to compare the two. Two different times but no one can deny their greatness, just look at the numbers.

16. AgainstAllOdds

Rep Bank:
    $49,140
    Sixers have been playing pretty bad end of game. Seems like they lack belief in themselves (especially Simmons) and are losing games simply because of their mindset.

They won the last game primarily because of ref help. Earlier games they should've won, but choked. Sad to see.

I hope Simmons and the other players can change their belief systems over the summer and do better next year, but who knows.

I think it's a toss up, but will give a slight edge to GSW since CP3 has a history of choking. $100 reps confirmed? I'll take Rockets as well if you'd prefer Golden State. Rockets are a better team, but their mental fortitude is too unpredictable. CP3 chokes. Harden likes to party (I think he has it under control this year). Capela is too young to predict.

Edit: Looks like GSW is a strong favorite in Vegas. At 50/50 odds I'd take GSW, but at the current Vegas odds Rockets are priced at positive EV.

Argue likes this.
  17. Raoul Duke

Rep Bank:
    $12
    Same could be said about Bird. Can't stand fake king james.

18. Raoul Duke

Rep Bank:
    $12
    $1000 REP says Celtics win Game 7.

$1000 REP says Warriors win Game 7.

@Scot

powderhound100 likes this.
  19. Scot

Scot Ductus Exemplo Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $44,901
    @Raoul Duke I honestly don’t even watch basketball. Couldn’t even tell you who’s on either of those teams lol

Last edited: May 26, 2018
    Lex DeVille and Raoul Duke like this.
  20. Silver Silk

Silver Silk Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $499
    I still think the rocket will turn golden state in the western finals!

21. Dark Knight

Dark Knight New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $82
    Warriors win 3rd title in 4 years :happy:

22. Vigilante

Vigilante Legendary Contributor Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $167,273
    The superteam era has wrecked professional sports

23. AgainstAllOdds

Rep Bank:
    $49,140
    Yup. I didn't even watch the Finals. These playoffs went from one of the most exciting where Golden State was injured and had a chance of getting knocked out, to being at full health and me realizing that there's nothing worth watching.

Vigilante and JByers210 like this.
  24. jon.a

jon.a Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $76,235
    Giannis Antetokounmpo is fun to watch. :)

JByers210 likes this.
  25. BucketHolly

BucketHolly Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $116
    Congratulations to Golden State Warriors for sweeping the finals again.