The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

NBA Playoffs

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
For me these are probably the best matchups we've seen in ten+ years. Anyone else watching these games? If so, who do you have?

I'm especially hyped for the 76ers - been following them for years ever since they started the process.

For those of you that don't follow basketball, basically the 76ers realized that they're better off tanking every year and getting top draft picks than being a mediocre team that never wins a championship. About four years later and they have the best young center and young point guard in the league and a lot of talent around them. Essentially they took thefastlane approach to basketball and figured out what gets results and did it.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

JByers210

Entrepreneur
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
410%
Apr 14, 2017
United States
For me these are probably the best matchups we've seen in ten+ years. Anyone else watching these games? If so, who do you have?

I'm especially hyped for the 76ers - been following them for years ever since they started the process.

For those of you that don't follow basketball, basically the 76ers realized that they're better off tanking every year and getting top draft picks than being a mediocre team that never wins a championship. About four years later and they have the best young center and young point guard in the league and a lot of talent around them. Essentially they took thefastlane approach to basketball and figured out what gets results and did it.
Warriors lol. Rockets may have a chance and I hope they make it competitive and fun to watch instead of another Warriors blowout finals. I agree that these matchups have been the best in a long time...Lebron struggling to make it past the first round!? Honestly didn't see that coming at all.

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
I didn't see the Trial Blazers being swept. Either the Pelicans are for real... or something is going on in Portland.

Really, like Timberwolves, if Towns was more active down below. The Rockets would be in trouble.

Kyrie Irving needs to sit out the first half of the season. I'm a Celtics fan. Almost, think they are better off without him and Hayward.

BlindSide

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
204%
Mar 16, 2017
Los Angeles

They are fantastic! Especially with the Cavs actually having a tough matchup in the first round.

Teams just feel deeper this year. And the Warriors are not a 100% guarantee to win the title IMO (though I do think only the Rockets can really battle with them).

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
Rockets may have a chance and I hope they make it competitive and fun to watch instead of another Warriors blowout finals.

I think this all depends on how good Curry comes back.

Lebron struggling to make it past the first round!? Honestly didn't see that coming at all.

Cavs have been dysfunctional all year and Pacers have been underrated all year. Perfect matchup, though I think Cavs will win with ref help.

I didn't see the Trial Blazers being swept. Either the Pelicans are for real... or something is going on in Portland.

I didn't see the Pelicans play, but the stats are scary. Playoffs Rondo is real.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Haven't watched an NBA game in years.

But I'm also a sucker for a good Cinderella backstory. If you say so, go Sixers!

Dunkafelics

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
229%
Jun 12, 2015
Vancouver, Canada
No love for the North?

Unfortunate that the Toronto Raptors got the matchup against Washington. Washington is easily a top four team in the East when healthy.

This is a great time of the year, I have limited my amount of sports that I watch. Luckily, watching the Raptors falls into that amount.

I didn't watch a single regular season game, but it does seem that Golden State will be the frontrunners depending on Steph Curry.

I've heard great things about the 76ers this year. The scary thing is that if they can keep this group together, their younger players will continue to develop to a greater level.

Bearcorp

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Jul 2, 2012
Australia
I've gotten right into NBA and NFL the last few years, time zone difference means the games are on during the day here and its all we watch in the office.

Didn't really have a team but with Ben Simmons flying the Aussie flag for 76ers I got on them at the start of this season, I also followed them in the early 2000's when Iverson was a gun, so I have at least some attachment to them haha

Trust the Process!!!

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016

ch3wy

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 8, 2018
California
Essentially they took thefastlane approach to basketball and figured out what gets results and did it.

After I read The Millionaire Fastlane , I thought it was just my crazy mind trying to make connections between basketball and getting on the fastlane. I'm glad someone else sees the same thing! I'm a huge fan of Joel Embiid and Ben Simmons. I felt so bad for Embiid the year he was drafted because I thought his talents were going to be wasted, but that's because I didn't trust the process. Glad to see that they're doing great now.

I think the Warriors are still going to make it to the finals. However, it's refreshing to see different teams actually give the Cavs and the Warriors a run for their money.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Was just taking a break and looking at some sports stuff...

Saw that Philly is hanging by a thread...

Saw Lebron making a game winning shot and now people are saying he's the greatest ever.

As someone who watched Michael Jordan play every game, and many of Lebron's games, I don't think the comparison is even close. MJ is for MJ. ;-)

Argue

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
385%
Oct 1, 2016
NYC
LeBron > MJ

Don’t @ me.

Also, sixers are trash. Boston is missing Kyrie and Hawyword, and Boston still putting in work. They’re about to sweeeep.

Brad Stevens is probably the best coach right now in the nba bar Steve Kerr.

@AgainstAllOdds put up $100 reps. Who you got, warriors or rockets?

Dunkafelics

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
229%
Jun 12, 2015
Vancouver, Canada
I just watched my team get dismantled by LeBron for the third straight year... good thing I don't watch the regular season.

As for the LeBron and MJ debate. I think MJ will always be known as the best based on the fact that he never lost a championship and didn't complain to the refs like we see from the star players of today.

Watching LeBron against the Raptors was something else though. He hit some incredibly tough shots and played like a man on a mission.

NickC

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Jan 20, 2017
Chicago
LeBron is the greatest of this era. Mj was the greatest in his. Not really good to compare the two. Two different times but no one can deny their greatness, just look at the numbers.

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
Sixers have been playing pretty bad end of game. Seems like they lack belief in themselves (especially Simmons) and are losing games simply because of their mindset.

They won the last game primarily because of ref help. Earlier games they should've won, but choked. Sad to see.

I hope Simmons and the other players can change their belief systems over the summer and do better next year, but who knows.

@AgainstAllOdds put up $100 reps. Who you got, warriors or rockets?

I think it's a toss up, but will give a slight edge to GSW since CP3 has a history of choking. $100 reps confirmed? I'll take Rockets as well if you'd prefer Golden State. Rockets are a better team, but their mental fortitude is too unpredictable. CP3 chokes. Harden likes to party (I think he has it under control this year). Capela is too young to predict.

Edit: Looks like GSW is a strong favorite in Vegas. At 50/50 odds I'd take GSW, but at the current Vegas odds Rockets are priced at positive EV.

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
Was just taking a break and looking at some sports stuff...

Saw that Philly is hanging by a thread...

Saw Lebron making a game winning shot and now people are saying he's the greatest ever.

As someone who watched Michael Jordan play every game, and many of Lebron's games, I don't think the comparison is even close. MJ is for MJ. ;-)

Same could be said about Bird. Can't stand fake king james.

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
$1000 REP says Celtics win Game 7.

$1000 REP says Warriors win Game 7.

@Scot

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
472%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
@Raoul Duke I honestly don’t even watch basketball. Couldn’t even tell you who’s on either of those teams lol

Last edited:

Silver Silk

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
May 10, 2017
Birmingham
I still think the rocket will turn golden state in the western finals!

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
The superteam era has wrecked professional sports

Yup. I didn't even watch the Finals. These playoffs went from one of the most exciting where Golden State was injured and had a chance of getting knocked out, to being at full health and me realizing that there's nothing worth watching.

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
Yup. I didn't even watch the Finals. These playoffs went from one of the most exciting where Golden State was injured and had a chance of getting knocked out, to being at full health and me realizing that there's nothing worth watching.
Giannis Antetokounmpo is fun to watch. :)

vshetty.vs

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Sep 11, 2014
Pune
The superteam era has wrecked professional sports
There have always been supertramp in NBA history.

Going back we've had the LeBron heat, the big 3 Celtics, lakers( with Malone, and Payton)

Even Barkley tried to win a championship by joining Hakeem in Houston

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.