The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  • NOTICE! If you received MULTIPLE EMAILS from the forum today, please be advised that our monthly email system got caught in a loop and inadvertently might have sent you several emails. The problem has since been fixed and all Unsubscribe Requests will be processed within 24 hours.
  • It's back! As an INSIDER you can now SORT any thread by LIKES. See this post for more info.
  • Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs who are earning their freedom and living their dream.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The C.E.N.T.S Framework outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED®). From multimillionaires to digital nomads to side hustlers who are grinding a job, the Fastlane Forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses with one goal in mind: Freedom— both financial and temporal.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane) Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block.

OFF-TOPIC It's playoff time!!!

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD
Yankees vs. Indians (I wonder who I'm rooting for...)
Red Sox vs. Angels

Cubs vs. D'Backs
Phillies vs. Rockies/Padres

Anybody have any thoughts or predictions?

Personally, I like the Yankees...well obviously. They have the best record after the all-star break in all of baseball. If their pitching holds up, they'll win. I really hope ARod can finally prove all the haters wrong. I've stuck by him through the best and worst of times; hopefully he can perform when it really counts.

I love baseball!!! I'd have to say this is my favorite part of the year. GO YANKEES!!!

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Sid23

Bronze Contributor
Aug 9, 2007
I am a die-hard Cubs fan. Always have been. I think they will get into the World Series this year. My dad is 63 and has never seen them in the Series...so I'm really hoping he gets a chance this year!!

Sid23

Bronze Contributor
Aug 9, 2007
Really?

FT1

New Contributor
Aug 15, 2007
Well, since my Tigers came up short, i'm not all that concerned... but, I think the Yankees and Phils will be in the world series.

OP
OP
Yankees338

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD
I hope you're right...as long as the Yankees come out on top!

Pretty good Rockies/Padres game going on now. 6-6 bottom of the 10th. Can't ask for a much better season finale...

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Fountain Hills, AZ
I am a die-hard Cubs fan. Always have been. I think they will get into the World Series this year. My dad is 63 and has never seen them in the Series...so I'm really hoping he gets a chance this year!!
Im a Chicago White Sox fan and avid Chicago Cub hater ... so much, I've been on the phone all day searching for Steve Bartman -- gonna fly him in to Phoenix. :smilielol:

Sid23

Bronze Contributor
Aug 9, 2007
bio - how much are they?

tchandy

Contributor
Aug 16, 2007
Kansas, for now
Philly phanatic! Go Phils. Phils and Yanks in World Series with Phils winning in seven.
I'm partial since that's where I am originally from.

Tom

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

S928

Contributor
Aug 7, 2007
Time for an update, D-backs will face the Rockies. Go D-backs.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaPR9Di-axg"]YouTube - d-backs swing[/ame]

OP
OP
Yankees338

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD
I'm still praying for a Yankee comeback...

I think we should win today with Clemens going against Westbrook, but tomorrow will be a tough one. Wang will be going on short rest, but being a sinker-baller, it may help add movement because he'll be relying more on his arm as his legs could be a bit fatigued. After that, if we get to a game 5, I'd assume it'd be Pettitte again. That'd be nice. Hopefully we can support him this time.

Only concern I have is that we're gonna have to face either Sabathia or Carmona again -- a tough task.

OP
OP
Yankees338

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD
I hope not. How can you fire a guy who's brought 12 straight playoff appearances; 11 straight division titles?

But yes. Depression is setting. I still have hope, though. A comeback wouldn't surprise me.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Was it just me or is the TBS coverage pretty bad. I'm glad the next series is going to be on Fox.

tchandy

Contributor
Aug 16, 2007
Kansas, for now
I hope not. How can you fire a guy who's brought 12 straight playoff appearances; 11 straight division titles?

But yes. Depression is setting. I still have hope, though. A comeback wouldn't surprise me.
Sure Torre may be winning the division titles, but he has not been taking them to the Big game and winning it. The Yankees do have a powerful team but they need the pitching, at least two good starting pitchers. The ptichers they have are good but they are not consistant. Sabathia and Carmona are good pitchers and one of them will take the Indians to the World Series.

Tom

OP
OP
Yankees338

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD
Just saw Donny Deutsch of "The Big Idea" at the game. Unfortunately for him, he has to witness this torture first hand. Maybe he can bring them some luck...

OP
OP
Yankees338

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD
Sorry, but I'm rooting for Torre and the Dodgers. I miss Torre, and I wish him the best with whatever he does.

OP
OP
Yankees338

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD
It's okay. You Pennsylvanians are just jealous that we have beaches of our own. :)

(Sadly, I think that's probably the biggest advantage of NJ to PA.)

I'm rooting for a Dodgers/Rays World Series now. The Rays have been such a great story all season, and I have immense respect for their manager Joe Maddon. Their season has been the archetype for the significance of the mental side of the game. Joe Maddon made them realize they could win, got them to play ball the right way, and it sure as hell is paying off.

djs13

Contributor
Oct 3, 2007
NY
I'm still shocked the Cubs got swept. I also thought CC would have stepped up for the Brewers but with five consecutive starts with three days rests, it definitely caught up to him.

I'm not necessarily rooting for the Rays, I'm just rooting for whoever Boston's opposing team is. Go Torre!! :eusa_clap:

OP
OP
Yankees338

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD
Living in New England, I am a life long Sox fan. The Rays will be tough, especially with Beckett not at 100%. I would like to see the Dodgers in it to, as I have a lot of respect for Torre as a manager.
It's hard not to like Torre.

DiceK and Lester have both emerged as great pitchers this season, so they still have a shot even without Beckett at full strength.

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Fountain Hills, AZ
It will nice to see the Ray's win ... being a life long Cubs fan hater, it just adds salt into their pathetic wounds ... :p

djs13

Contributor
Oct 3, 2007
NY
My Dad is a huge Sox fan because he's from New England. I just don't know how anyone can be a Sox fan with guys like Jonathan Papelbon on the team. He's the biggest a** ever.

The Dodgers head to LA for tomorrow night's game and I'm calling a comeback! :smx9:

cmartin371

New Contributor
Apr 14, 2008
Nashua, NH
My Dad is a huge Sox fan because he's from New England. I just don't know how anyone can be a Sox fan with guys like Jonathan Papelbon on the team. He's the biggest a** ever.

The Dodgers head to LA for tomorrow night's game and I'm calling a comeback! :smx9:

You could probably say that about any team. I look at how they play and how the new ownership has turned the team around. I am not your typical Sox fan and get all pumped up over the NY rivalry. Of course I route for the sox but respect the Yanks for there talent. I just don't get how Cashman still has a job. Especially with that payroll and no playoff this year.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom