The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My Review Of The Insiders Forum

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Ok... it's been a while since the INSIDERS forum was launched. Here's what I can report to those who don't have access. I am biased from the standpoint that I think the INSIDERS forum and ads were necessary to keep MJ interested in this for the long haul. I also think it was necessary to provide a non-Google indexed place for people to let their hair down and really get some honest advice without worry about exposing their words to everyone on the internet. And, I think the INSIDERS forum has been great so far. Here's what I can tell you :

The Good :
  • I think people are way more likely to lend a hand in there, because they are all stakeholders in each other
  • I have seen some amazingly generous acts that have helped people's business
  • Less assholes
  • MJ definitely interacts there frequently (as he promised he would)
  • Way less noise. Not a TON of posts, but mostly interesting
  • Since INSIDERS posts are flagged, I tend to look at those flagged posts first
  • Many of the people I would most want to interact with are there
  • It's not indexed by Google and I think people are more free to speak openly there

The Bad :
  • I think maybe there should be a minimum post threshhold before you can buy access to that (just my opinion) but that might help make the content there even better once people are more invested in others here
  • I think we could be more consistent with things like the INSIDERS Conference Calls. I think INSIDERS should contribute more structure.
  • The opportunity exists for INSIDERS to demonstrate more leadership and positive feedback both inside and outside of the INSIDERS forum. You are paying now to belong to this place. Don't sit on your a$$. Contribute positively to people's successes. Be a giver as much as you take.
  • No a**hole filter. Anyone with a credit card can join. I wish we had the ability to vote people out on occasion "survivor style" but... it is what it is. However, the ratio of jackasses to cool people is much better.

The Interesting :
  • I think in 2013 you will see more private content, including business launches that aren't on the open forum
  • I think the weaker hands drop out of there pretty quickly. Action fakers might pay an initial round, but will not keep it up long term.
  • A lot of the INSIDERS will also be at B&P
  • I have not seen a single "Is this fastlane?" post in there. Most of the posters that bother to join the INSIDERS forum, by definition, are pretty hard core.

If you are interested, give it a 90 day spin. Someone (I can't remember who as they didn't qualify for my long term selective memory) accused me a month or so of being a cheerleader for the forum. I am a cheerleader for success, and action. So... if that's who makes their way into the forum... than so be it. I think it is worth the investment for serious action takers, and people that want a peek under the table on some more in depth topics. Don't expect 200 threads in there... as the threads are less frequent, but tend to me more meaningful.

To anyone that will perceive this thread to be a
:brownnoser:
let me pre-emptively tell you
:fu:

ONLY INSIDERS CAN CALL ME A
:brownnoser:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Eskil

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jul 18, 2012
Scottsdale, AZ
That's a pretty spot on review there, Vigilante. I like the idea of setting a bit of a higher threshold of entry to the INSIDERS's forum. Either through price, or some other forum metric.

Brown-noser! Lol j/k

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
Yes that's a good review. I would also like to see more INSIDERS calls. I just realized that there has only been one call during my first 3 months on the inside. It would also be nice if there was more "qualification" required to gain access to the inside. A good minimum post count might do the trick or maybe a speed threshold that has to be met.

tincho1492

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
73%
Aug 7, 2011
Uruguay
@MJ: I think that the payment was made (at least my balance is less than I had hehe). But the error appeared anyway.

Mike.B

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Oct 27, 2011
Ohio
The Bad :

I think maybe there should be a minimum post threshhold before you can buy access to that (just my opinion) but that might help make the content there even better once people are more invested in others here

No a**hole filter. Anyone with a credit card can join. I wish we had the ability to vote people out on occasion "survivor style" but... it is what it is. However, the ratio of jackasses to cool people is much better.

These are two reasons why I haven't joined yet! I don't feel for $5.99/month, and no minimum post or reputation requirement, that the overall content is going to be that great.

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I agree with everything Vig said.

I noticed just recently (it seems) there are a lot more people with almost no rep speed or posts joining the INSIDERS's Forum. I mean, it's great that they are taking the initiative but IMHO it should be about more than who has a few bucks per month. I don't know how to solve this "issue" (if you even want to call it that) without occasionally throwing the baby out with the bathwater, but there you have it.

Also, it seems that some threads started there don't necessarily need to be there. Not to say it should all be about progress threads and secrets but we should try to be vigilant in making sure difference between "inside" and "outside" isn't just the cost of admission...

On the plus side it is still worth many times the cost of admission.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
I am currently on hold waiting for the start of one of the INSIDERS conference calls.

There will be another call in this series within a few weeks. Several calls scheduled stretching into the summer.

My ability to access the minds of these people by attending their free expert calls... may be one of the best things about the INSIDERS subscription to the Fastlane INSIDERS part of the forum.

cashflow3000

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Jun 13, 2011
Bellingham, Washington, USA
I do kind of wonder why this forum needed both a "Speedway" section AND an "INSIDERS's" section.

I thought the Speedway section was basically supposed to be the INSIDERS's section?

Well, anyways, I'm glad you guys are having fun, and getting your six buck's worth!

CEBenz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Apr 16, 2011
Tacoma, Wa
The mods could set a minimum post requirement with the option of applying for an exception. Or by invite.

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
I do kind of wonder why this forum needed both a "Speedway" section AND an "INSIDERS's" section.

I thought the Speedway section was basically supposed to be the INSIDERS's section?

Well, anyways, I'm glad you guys are having fun, and getting your six buck's worth!

The Speedway was designed first, shortly after the forum was born. It was based on speed and allowed some posts to be more confidential and there was no RSS feed. The posts would not get indexed by google.

The INSIDERS was rolled out last year and it was MJ's deal. It allowed the adsense to go away and MJ said he would be more available to INSIDERS. Again, no indexing or RSS feed.

I think that both sections of the forum serve a different purpose.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
At the risk of sounding like a shill (hell, I have been called much worse even on this forum) I am updating this to report that the INSIDERS forum has exploded.

My front page today on the forum has 14 active INSIDERS threads on it. I generally read those first. There's some site architecture happening behind the scenes that will accomodate this growing forum-within-a-forum that will be rolled out soon.

The BEST part of the INSIDERS subscription remains the INSIDERS Calls... a private, invitation only conference call that has now been consistent and on a variety of INSIDERS-related expertise subjects.

You can check out more information on the INSIDERS forum subscription here
Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders

It's $6 a month.

And for those of you haters that will hate on me for promoting this, :gives:

I think this swiftly growing sub-community has significant value with a greatly reduced signal to noise ratio. I personally am lobbying the boss here to add a speed requirement to INSIDERS membership, but if that happens anyone already in will be grandfathered in. So... you may want to jump in now if you are on the fence before I win this argument.

See you on the Inside. - Vigilante

Last edited by a moderator:

Eskil

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jul 18, 2012
Scottsdale, AZ
I personally am lobbying the boss here to add a speed requirement to INSIDERS membership, but if that happens anyone already in will be grandfathered in. So... you may want to jump in now if you are on the fence before I win this argument.

Agreeing again here that the INSIDERS's is a great part of this forum. And you have my vote on making an entry requirement, even if the required numbers are low.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
By the way, there is a call for INSIDERS TODAY

This call is scheduled for Friday, May 31, 2013 at 1:00pm EDT.

So... if you are thinking about testing out the INSIDERS forum, I recommend you jump in before this call.

To get the dial in #, you have to be an INSIDERS.

Topic of today's INSIDERS conference call is :

"Create Information & Digital Products That Sell"

Tlcalis

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
Nov 25, 2012
"Create Information & Digital Products That Sell"

Is it about like creating like creating your own ebook or whatever product and selling it effectively?

I might also join the INSIDERS even though I'm a COMPLETE newbie (im 19) to internet marketing, entrepreneurship or whatever ... so I might signup for the INSIDERS so that I can get on the call.

but when I want to register to the INSIDERS it says (Please allow 6-24 hours for activation!) does it really take that long when the call is going to happend very soon?

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
(Please allow 6-24 hours for activation!) does it really take that long when the call is going to happend very soon?

If you are in the US, it is immediate. Outside of US, I have to approve it... hence the delay. I'm leaving here in 20 minutes so if you do it, it would be advisable to do it now as the approval would be immediate.

TedM

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
May 21, 2013
Israel

Foolness

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Oct 21, 2014
Does it have to be a PayPal account? I get errors when inputting credit card information and the PayPal sending limit has not been lifted yet. I'd much rather have this worked out rather than sitting on my laurels wondering about the content.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007