The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

GOLD! Moved to Scottsdale, Growing a Web Design Firm

Accelerate wealth. Build a business that pays freedom. Join more than 70,000 entrepreneurs and register for the Fastlane Entrepreneur forum. Remove ads? Join the INSIDERS.

GuitarManDan

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Feb 28, 2017
Scottsdale
Hey Guys,

Just a quick update here (I'll go in and edit this later to add in more info) but wanted to just highlight quickly what's been going on with the business this previous month:

Now that I've proven the concept with this business and seen what's possible, my main focus this month was on automation and leveraging systems so that I can execute on a larger scale.

With the amazing network of entrepreneurs that I've met through the forum and since living out in Scottsdale, a good friend who is an expert at automation / systems graciously offered to help out and we worked together to find the right systems to do what I need to start scaling here so that's really exciting.

I barely did any new outreach this month and was still able to bring in $3k from current businesses that I'm working with already and the new goal is by Monday next week, to do outreach to 100 businesses as a quick test run to see how it goes with the systems in place.

I figure this run will help me identify challenges in the processes/systems that I can improve upon before really scaling things up and reaching out to much more businesses.

New Business Goal: $250,000 in revenue in 2021

June Revenue: $6,500
July Revenue: $3,000 (-54% from last month)
Total Revenue: $12,500

GuitarManDan

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Feb 28, 2017
Scottsdale
Hey Everyone,

I wanted to share a quick update for the month of August with the new business and a quick overall update. Even though August wasn't my best month (the new business did $4k), from all revenue streams, it was my best month ever so it's been good to see that progress.

I did a large amount of outreach utilizing different systems that friends helped me set up and I learned a lot from that exercise. Lots of bottlenecks in the process were exposed and I'm switching up my strategy a bit with outreach and which types of clients that I want to target going forward.

What's been incredibly encouraging is the positive feedback loop has continued, almost every single client that I've worked with is happy with this new business and either asks for more services and/or refers me to a business owner friend to help them.

The demand is there and the need is absolutely there to easily meet the ambitious goals that I've set for this business, the biggest challenge is just working through some bottlenecks in the process and continuing to push forward.

Besides running this new business and my main digital marketing business, I've also been spending way too much time addressing some personal issues too so that's been a huge time sink, but I'm doing what I can to balance all of it and not get overwhelmed.

New Business Goal: $250,000 in revenue in 2021

July Revenue: $3,000
Aug Revenue: $4,000 (up 33% from last month)
Total Revenue: $16,500

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Fountain Hills, AZ
ew Business Goal: $250,000 in revenue in 2021

July Revenue: $3,000
Aug Revenue: $4,000 (up 33% from last month)
Total Revenue: $16,500

Am I missing something? Where is $200,000 in revenue going to come from in Q4?

Is this the launch of a your new product/service?

Hope you get your personal stuff figured out my friend!

GuitarManDan

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Feb 28, 2017
Scottsdale
Am I missing something? Where is $200,000 in revenue going to come from in Q4?

Is this the launch of a your new product/service?

Hope you get your personal stuff figured out my friend!

Hey MJ,

I set an ambitious goal when I saw the potential with this business, but as I've scaled things up some bottlenecks have caused more headaches than expected. I figured I'd keep the original goal up to hold myself accountable, even if I significantly fall short of that.

In the meantime, I'm working on how to continue to scale this up and move past some hurdles that came up. Trying to learn all that I can to keep adjusting my approach and work towards taking things to that next level with this new business.

The demand is clearly there (it's just that right now no one knows about me or that this service I'm providing is even possible), I've gotten a great response rate when I've done large outreach, it's just a question of getting enough clients in my pipeline and then handling the bottlenecks at appear at scale. Very possible that at the scale where I'd be making around $50k/month that I'd need at least a virtual assistant or someone full time on my team to help with the daily work to fulfill those client requests. A lot of items to figure out, but it's been a great learning experience so far and I just need to keep pushing myself / working smart to work towards the main goals I've set.

Last edited:

BizyDad

My 1st biz sold paper planes. It folded...
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
The demand is clearly there (it's just that right now no one knows about me or that this service I'm providing is even possible)
Speaking of demand...

So I heard through the grapevine what you are building and whenever you think it makes sense, please reach out. I have clients who from time to time need what you're building. Maybe we grab a bite?

Kudos on finding a problem and tackling it.

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Fountain Hills, AZ
Speaking of demand...

So I heard through the grapevine what you are building and whenever you think it makes sense, please reach out. I have clients who from time to time need what you're building. Maybe we grab a bite?

Kudos on finding a problem and tackling it.

Damn, way to raise the level of intrigue!

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE NEW: The Best School for Going Fastlane (Now open for summer enrollment)
Read the free book, some excellent insights. I also did the website quiz and I did a visual on a...
MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2021
Cool - glad to have you. And yes it should help a lot. When you are in the new group just post...
MARKETPLACE Not sure how to start? This free book will teach you how to build a successful web design business
Hi Fox. Starting the book and got through the introduction. Had a conversation with Andy Black...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Chris is super sharp and is aware of many facets of entrepreneurship and can help get your...
Introducing MJ's Personal Unscripted Network, Join Now for FREE!
Any chance to make it available outside of US? It has been available outside of the US on...

Forum Sponsor

Learn Fastlane Business Skills & Get Profitable Within 30 Days...

Get Started Now

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom