The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

MJ is offering free mentoring!!!

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA

Jonleehacker

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Oct 31, 2007
Edmonton, Canada
Yeah, I was having a problem w/the 47¢ thing, too. :)

I mean, I have priorities, y'know.

-Russ H.

Hey, I'm a spoiled Internet brat, what can I say, it's not the .47 cents... I WANT IT NOW!!!

Don't get why I would wait for some person who's one insult away from gunning down half the neighborhood to deliver it by foot from a warehouse half way across the country ;)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

maximus20895

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Mar 16, 2009
Knoxville,TN
Awesome! Thanks everyone. I don't think it's .47 any more. HAHA.

I already bought this book so I think I will re read it again :)

Also, I went to the Amazon page and this is what it said:

Only 1 left in stock--order soon (more on the way)

Maybe everyone here has ordered one?

Off to reading this wonderful book again :)

HenkHolland

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Aug 7, 2007
I have downloaded and stopped all my activities to read 'Awaken the giant within' and 'What Rich People Know and Desperately Want to Keep Secret' in the past two days.
Very valuable information. A lot of it of course is just common sense but apparently we need it to be presented to us in the excellent way these two guys did in order to see that it is essential for our business and private life.

I will reserve the next few days to re-read specific sections, after which it will take some time and commitment to internalize the basic principles.

Thanks.

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC

PaulRobert

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 15, 2009
New Jersey

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

ZDS

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Oct 2, 2008
I felt like adding something that I think was an excellent example of the thirst for knowledge that makes people successful.

At BnP I was giving a presentation on Reaching the Young Generation, and I was completely astounded at the level of interest it received. I specifically remember Russ asking 3 or 4 questions one after another.

Here's a multimillionaire who is sitting there with a Pen and Paper over what some college kid is saying. In my mind there's no doubt why he's successful. He refuses to stop learning, or become comfortable with his knowledge.

hakrjak

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Sep 15, 2007
Colorado Springs
And if you do, let me apologize in advance. I'm not proud of a lot of things I wrote over there and many of the postings reek with arrogance and political rhetoric. I read over some of them and was like "WTF?" I actually prefer that no one knows about that account, while the info might be valuable, the delivery is something that I am don't like attached to myself. It was why I left; I got too worked up by the mindless denizens over there and the vile tone had to stop.

It's crazy that I was so active over there for so many years, and I don't even remember a thread with you in it. We must have just passed in the night!

Cheers,
- Hakrjak

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
I felt like adding something that I think was an excellent example of the thirst for knowledge that makes people successful.

At BnP I was giving a presentation on Reaching the Young Generation, and I was completely astounded at the level of interest it received. I specifically remember Russ asking 3 or 4 questions one after another.

Here's a multimillionaire who is sitting there with a Pen and Paper over what some college kid is saying. In my mind there's no doubt why he's successful. He refuses to stop learning, or become comfortable with his knowledge.

Wow, ZDS, thank you for that.

I was completely blown away by your presentation. We have completely changed our reservation process based on some of the things you said (it's easier, and takes half the time now).

I appreciated your honesty-- and perhaps most of all, I appreciated your insight into people your age. I learned a lot.

Thank you. :tiphat:

-Russ H.

SuccessInMind

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Mar 3, 2010
Santa Clara, California, United States
I just finished reading "What Rich People Know and Desperately Want to Keep a Secret" and was blown away. It made me totally rethink how I want to do business. Thanks for this thread! I feel one more step closer to the fast lane already!

Sparlin

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Feb 23, 2009
Wichita, Kansas
I'm Trying to do the search on the Forum but its not bringing any results back. Is anyone else having this problem???

You may be using the wrong search box. Don't use the one next to the word "Google". Try using the one above it with the magnifying glass. I just checked it and it works for retrieving forum threads.

Ricky

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego, CA
Anyone have a copy of 'What Rich People Know & Desperately Want to Keep Secret' they wouldn't mind sending me? I'll pay for shipping.

I thought i'd ask here first before buying a copy. PM if interested.

TK1

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Mar 31, 2011
Goddamn I'm really curious to know what MJs username was at the rich dad board - it's crazy to see so many people taking jabs at the rich dad, i remember when i read the book like 6-7 years ago my first question was "how did he got rich exactly?" and i couldn't find any real information and i looked really hard, the 'idea' came quick to my mind that the rich came with the book and not before ;-)

advancedyn

I love the power of the Internet!
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Aug 14, 2011
Wichita, Kansas
I won't reveal the "posted by" search term for the privacy reason stated above but I knew what it was because I used to read his posts on the RD forum back in 2004 or so. Interestingly, I just wentdid this search and it appears that those posts have been deleted on the RD site. Apparently, someone got pissed off for getting called out on the $45,000 ball & chain for mentoring.........

Last edited by a moderator:

Harli87

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
3%
Oct 4, 2011
Huddersfield, UK
I can't tell you how many times I have realized I had been on facebook for 45 minutes looking at junk only to realize that 45 minutes of my life had completely evaporated.

I see it on this forum as well where many people are asking for the answers, but not doing their own due diligence to find the answers.

Self-admittedly, a trap I always fall into. I do quite a bit of business via facebook, mainly because it's the nature of my industry...music. Then boom, new notification, new notification, status update by that guy I don't really like, oh damn I left chat on, new notification....oh man, where did my day go?

So then I join a new forum like this one. Haha, now I know this will be useful, but where do I draw the line? It's hard to manage time accordingly when I belong to 9000 social networking sites.

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
Bump.... seemed relevant now that I see a couple of threads talking about similar topics...

newbies, enjoy this thread.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
How to succeed at Fastlane Forum:

1) Find user who is obviously knowledgeable. (Hint: They are represented by the amount of speed they have. 100 kph+ are the best bets)
2) Click username then click "Forum Posts"
3) Free money

Tip to newbies: please oh PLEASE don't post stupid questions. If you have a question, use the search feature. Or Google. If more people post stupid questions, the successful people who spend their time here will leave and Fastlane Forum will be ruined. MJ can't be the only one posting golden material here, and he's not.

snowbank

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
226%
Aug 10, 2007
Austin, TX
Find user who is obviously knowledgeable. (Hint: They are represented by the amount of speed they have. 100 kph+ are the best bets)

hint: flawed logic

snowbank

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
226%
Aug 10, 2007
Austin, TX
hint: flawed logic

think it through.

it's a good exercise for business stuff. a lot of things in business seem so simple, and everyone's doing them the same way, so it must be the way. and it's not. the person who can correctly identify these things over and over... they get the money.

HackVenture

Digital Marketer
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
Mar 11, 2011
Planet Earth
Oh wow, first time I've heard of this book.

By the way if any of the new guys like me tried to use the links from 2010, they're
already dead lol.

Just google "What Rich People Know and Desperately Want to Keep a Secret, pdf"
and you'll find it.

Definitely gonna print this out and study it with a highlighter.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.