The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

MJ is Offering FREE Mentoring! (Version 2)

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
Also, I've just noticed a few posts where someone has tagged me but I didn't get an alert. Does Xenforo have a max for alert types or something (and apologies if anyone's tagged me and I've not responded).

I'm glad you mentioned this, i noticed this too. Only about half the things I am tagged in go in alerts. Minor issues so i didn't want to throw it in the forum section, but looks like there might be something there, but isn't noticed as much.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
More people to follow are listed here.

Going back to what MJ's trying to get across in his original post...

Here's what happens when someone from team PRODUCER (give give give) is approached by someone from team CONSUMER (take take take):

I like this, since it sounds like how i used to be here. However, @SinisterLex , I know your intentions are grounded in Gold, but eventually you will realize, the people that do... will do regardless. Anyone that needs to be told this kinda shit, just doesn't have it in them. Those that make it have a drive deep inside to help other people, it's not an after thought. Good video though, sans cats.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
I like this, since it sounds like how i used to be here. However, @SinisterLex , I know your intentions are grounded in Gold, but eventually you will realize, the people that do... will do regardless. Anyone that needs to be told this kinda shit, just doesn't have it in them. Those that make it have a drive deep inside to help other people, it's not an after thought. Good video though, sans cats.

What makes you think I haven't realized it already, and am just giving people what they want? :cool:

I never expected this to help anyone who doesn't have it in them. Just those who do, but may not realize it yet.

Everything I do I try to make sure it comes from a position of helping other people.

Sometimes that gets blocked by my own wants and desires. Not out of money chasing, but because that's life.

Then I need someone to say hey dumbass take off those rose colored glasses and get your shit straight.

I definitely agree with you. Helping people has to come first and it has to be real.

But I might not know it at all if others here hadn't said it a thousand times & indirectly led me to experience it first-hand.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
What makes you think I haven't realized it already, and am just giving people what they want? :cool:

I never expected this to help anyone who doesn't have it in them. Just those who do, but may not realize it yet.

Everything I do I try to make sure it comes from a position of helping other people.

Sometimes that gets blocked by my own wants and desires. Not out of money chasing, but because that's life.

Then I need someone to say hey dumbass take off those rose colored glasses and get your shit straight.

I definitely agree with you. Helping people has to come first and it has to be real.

But I might not know it at all if others here hadn't said it a thousand times & indirectly led me to experience it first-hand.

You have a solid point there, sometimes people just need that lift or someone to nudge them when they are spinning tires in the mud.

Brian E.

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
May 14, 2015
Most of my mentors have been from books, videos, etc. Every
bit of learning I have picked up so far. The latest was a class I took by Joe Vitale..and from that, and the Wealth Trigger programs, I have learned to start changing my way of thinking. When I finally got a bit further in your book, MJ, I have to say, I see the same thing that Robert Kiyosaki and other guys have been talking about...the way you put it though, was a perfect anology. Sidewalkers, slow laners, and fast lanes....Think of it like this: There's three friends, one is on the sidewalk, one is in an average car, and the third decides just to make it fair, to race an average car too. Now, the object of the race is to be the first to get to the finish line, which happens to be a mile or two away.....The sidewalker will eventually give out, with all the "hooks" along the way...the slow laner may stop for "gas" and other things, while the fastlaner continues all the way. What is it that makes him go all the way? His thinking or her thinking is above all the others, they think differently. Eventually he may lose the sidewalker friend..and she or he may also lose the slow laner friend, but they get all the spoils at the end of the race...
So, yes I will follow you...all of you. Every bit helps.
I look forward, as I know MJ does, too, to seeing most of this forum "graduate" to the fast track....Let's keep it up, guys!

Eric whitaker

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Jan 1, 2016
I have a long way to go with learning about business. This forum motivates me to do better. I followed every name MJ suggested and will continue to be apart of conversations. I thank everyone on here for participating because knowing there are people who want to be great and help others with their products/services is inspiring.

Bippy123

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Nov 20, 2015
I'm actually looking for a mentor and I've become an extremely hard working person through my situation .

My situation is that I'm homeless and I became that way for many reasons .
1. Took care of a brother after I basically lost both parents (dad died of cancer , mom in vegetative state after massive stroke etc)
2. Was there for all my friends who had no one
3. Lost our house because my younger bro spent me into oblivion .

I had a job already and started driving uber 10 to 12 hours a day but my younger brother totalled my car and that set me back and cost me all the money that I saved up to get an apartment .

One of my friends wants to help me and he has a web development team behind him at my disposal but none of us have an online business idea .ive always put everyone before myself and now I'm paying the price .

If anyone can help mentor me I would really appreciate it . I'm not scared of hard work as I've bern doing it for a while .
I'm living in my car but my younger bro no longer has the same pull on me .

Thanks for hearing me out everyone and sorry for the long winded post .

Monique

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Feb 7, 2016
Several times a week I get an email requesting a personal, one-on-one mentorship. Most of these emails are short-- so short that only question asked is "Do you mentor?" .. no information, no background, nothing!

First, if this is your effort, finding a mentor will be the least of your worries. What kind of effort can I expect from you if I accepted you to be a mentee?

No thanks.

Second, the rules of finding a mentor apply to real life, money, and contribution. If you're seeking a mentor, be professional, detailed, and demonstrate your value/potential value to the mentor. When you approach your mentor with a entitled, GIVE ME, TAKER attitude, expect to be ignored and/or your offer declined.

Third, don't ask them for coffee. If I accepted every "lets meet for coffee" I'd be a professional coffee drinker, drinking 10 cups a day seven days a week. Successful folks aren't usually interested in sitting in Starbucks talking to strangers. Reserve the coffee meeting for AFTER you've established a mentor/mentee relationship.

Fourth, want to really impress a potential mentor?

1. Take initiative.
  2. Do without permission
  3. Demonstrate value
  4. Be authentic
Just to give you an example...

If you emailed me this, I'd seriously consider your mentorship, even though I don't do one on ones.

Hey MJ, I loved your book! I seriously think I read it 12 times.

Anyhow, I've been studying copy-writing now for 3 years and think I've gotten pretty good at it. I noticed your Amazon description for The Millionaire Fastlane and thought I'd give it a few hours and try my hand at improving it (although it's pretty good now.) Here it is:

[YOUR MODIFIED VERSION OF THE COPY]

What do you think? Please let me know and feel free to use it if you think it is better. Also, I was wondering, do you do any mentoring? I'd love to help you in your next project in whatever you got going as I am eager to work and expand my experience.

Thanks!
Joe Mentee.

Assuming the modified copy was an improvement, don't you think THAT would get my attention? Notice the approach. Flattering. Careful not to insult (the Amazon copy). Value provided with no expectation for return. Demonstration of willingness to work-- not TOLD, but DONE.

Or how about this email?

Sup MJ, I'm looking for a mentor to show me the ways of success, interested?
Oh man, where do I sign up?

Examine both emails and tell me... who appears entitled, self-involved, and driven by what he can get. And who is driven by what he can give? This same dichotomy frames the challenge we have with money, with this forum, and with entrepreneurship... who is driven to GIVE? And who is driven to TAKE?

And finally...

As I mentioned above, I don't do one-on-one mentorships. Anytime I'm asked, I tell the person this:

I try my best to mentor thousands at the forum. I suggest you join there and follow me. (It's FREE). I am literally there EVERY SINGLE DAY and I usually contribute 3-4 comments PER DAY. Follow my posts and you'll feel as if you're being mentored by me personally.

Know how many people actually do this and FOLLOW THROUGH? I can't name ONE. NOT ONE. However, I can tell you some folks on this forum have figured it out-- I notice some of my followers read EVERY post of mine, even if they're short comments.

So with that said, want to be mentored by myself? Or @Vigilante or @Likwid24 or @Vick or @AllenCrawley @Andy Black or @IceCreamKid or @Kak or @biophase or @Eskil or any other of the rockstars on here?

Follow us and read our every posts.

Here's how (compliments of @Jamie T)

1) Follow your guy/gal.
2) Bookmark your newsfeed.

newsfeedprofile-png.10400

yournewsfeed-png.10401

newfeedbookmark-png.10402

This has been a public service announcement. ;)

Good luck,
MJ

Thank you very much for the information and guidance.

EthanSimonton

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Jul 24, 2016
As I mentioned above, I don't do one-on-one mentorships. Anytime I'm asked, I tell the person this:

I try my best to mentor thousands at the forum. I suggest you join there and follow me. (It's FREE). I am literally there EVERY SINGLE DAY and I usually contribute 3-4 comments PER DAY. Follow my posts and you'll feel as if you're being mentored by me personally.

Know how many people actually do this and FOLLOW THROUGH? I can't name ONE. NOT ONE. However, I can tell you some folks on this forum have figured it out-- I notice some of my followers read EVERY post of mine, even if they're short comments.

Good luck,
MJ

I've decided to take the Free MJ Mentoring Challenge. I'll be reading every single of MJ's posts from the very first one on July 23, 2007. I'll be taking note of the most memorable and informative MJ quotes. Be looking for a new thread with the compilation of quotes in the next couple of weeks!

MJ...Challenge Accepted. ;)

Last edited:

Roberto Zanon

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Dec 8, 2014
Athens, Greece
Several times a week I get an email requesting a personal, one-on-one mentorship. Most of these emails are short-- so short that only question asked is "Do you mentor?" .. no information, no background, nothing!

First, if this is your effort, finding a mentor will be the least of your worries. What kind of effort can I expect from you if I accepted you to be a mentee?

No thanks.

Second, the rules of finding a mentor apply to real life, money, and contribution. If you're seeking a mentor, be professional, detailed, and demonstrate your value/potential value to the mentor. When you approach your mentor with a entitled, GIVE ME, TAKER attitude, expect to be ignored and/or your offer declined.

Third, don't ask them for coffee. If I accepted every "lets meet for coffee" I'd be a professional coffee drinker, drinking 10 cups a day seven days a week. Successful folks aren't usually interested in sitting in Starbucks talking to strangers. Reserve the coffee meeting for AFTER you've established a mentor/mentee relationship.

1. Take initiative.
  2. Do without permission
  3. Demonstrate value
  4. Be authentic

If you emailed me this, I'd seriously consider your mentorship, even though I don't do one on ones.

Anyhow, I've been studying copy-writing now for 3 years and think I've gotten pretty good at it. I noticed your Amazon description for The Millionaire Fastlane and thought I'd give it a few hours and try my hand at improving it (although it's pretty good now.) Here it is:

What do you think? Please let me know and feel free to use it if you think it is better. Also, I was wondering, do you do any mentoring? I'd love to help you in your next project in whatever you got going as I am eager to work and expand my experience.

Thanks!
Joe Mentee.

Assuming the modified copy was an improvement, don't you think THAT would get my attention? Notice the approach. Flattering. Careful not to insult (the Amazon copy). Value provided with no expectation for return. Demonstration of willingness to work-- not TOLD, but DONE.

Or how about this email?

Examine both emails and tell me... who appears entitled, self-involved, and driven by what he can get. And who is driven by what he can give? This same dichotomy frames the challenge we have with money, with this forum, and with entrepreneurship... who is driven to GIVE? And who is driven to TAKE?

And finally...

So with that said, want to be mentored by myself? Or @Vigilante or @Likwid24 or @Vick or @AllenCrawley @Andy Black or @IceCreamKid or @Kak or @biophase or @Eskil or any other of the rockstars on here?

1) Follow your guy/gal.

yournewsfeed-png.10401

Good luck,
MJ

Kind of How-to-find-a-mentor blueprint in a few lines.

Thanks a lot MJ

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA

Here's what happens when someone from team PRODUCER (give give give) is approached by someone from team CONSUMER (take take take):

I still think this is one of the best videos around here. I wish it included a bit about the "temporarily embarrassed millionaire" entitlement mindset. But maybe a ver 2 is in the works @sinister lex??

Motivationcity

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Sep 24, 2016

No thanks.

1. Take initiative.
  2. Do without permission
  3. Demonstrate value
  4. Be authentic

Thanks!
Joe Mentee.

Or how about this email?

And finally...

1) Follow your guy/gal.

yournewsfeed-png.10401

Good luck,
MJ

Great article, I did not know that there was a news feed tab there thank you. I have only just got on these forums and I already love them :>

MikeMisk

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Dec 6, 2016
Miami
I'm new to the forum and so far everything I've read is helpful and informative. This post is no exception. Following now.

Question?
When reply to a post, it automatically copies the post in my reply box. Is this normal? I've been deleting them then writing my reply.

Castillo

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Mar 8, 2016
Vancouver, BC
I'm new to the forum and so far everything I've read is helpful and informative. This post is no exception. Following now.

Question?
When reply to a post, it automatically copies the post in my reply box. Is this normal? I've been deleting them then writing my reply.

Scroll to the bottom of the page and use the reply box there, instead of clicking the reply button on a user's post.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
A new year it is, and new mentor requests we have... (**BUMP**)

Castillo

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Mar 8, 2016
Vancouver, BC

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Not sure if it's just me but the pictures on the initial post aren't working.

Thanks or the heads-up -- the images were calling from http vs https. Should be fixed now!

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

pbellot

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
239%
May 27, 2017
Gulfport, Ms

@SinisterLex Your enthusiasm is awesome and contagious!!!

Millenial_Kid5K1

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
261%
Feb 14, 2017
Atlanta
Question! Can I filter my newsfeed? I am not interested in reading every post @biophase 'like's (no offense bio), but I would like to read every post he writes!

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Question! Can I filter my newsfeed? I am not interested in reading every post @biophase 'like's (no offense bio), but I would like to read every post he writes!

Not that I'm aware of, but it is a good idea. Hopefully newer software upgrades will deliver such features.

DejanM

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
May 7, 2017
Austria
For all those guys out there which are looking for a mentoring - here is a tutorial how to get not one but at least 10 multimillionaire mentorships for less then 300USD. I wish I had discovered this "secret" 10 years earlier - it would save me tons of "try and errors" .

Here is the "Secret"

A lot of successfull people wrote BOOKS which one can buy and follow or adapt the advice

My mentors are:

Steve Jobs (Walter Isaacson)
Warren Buffett (Alice Schroeder)
Peter Thiel (Blake Masters)
Elon Musk (Ashlee Vance)
Jack Ma (Duncan Clark)

and of course @MJ DeMarco himself

and there are very much more. The only obstacle here is persistence. You need to read those books over and over again to fully understand what those people try to say to you. And of course afterwards you have to move your A§§ and get things done - this is something no one can do for you

So happy mentoring to everybody :)

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Did you know that I can mentor you? Over 1000 hours worth of mentoring?

IT'S HERE AT THE FORUM.

Are you going to take it? Or are you waiting for it to be spoonfed?

The difference between someone who MAKES things happen, and someone who HOPES something happens.

Screen Shot 2017-08-23 at 2.09.11 PM.png

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.