The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Millionaire By 25 Documentary

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Mike39

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 17, 2012
Orlando, FL
He didn't only disappear from this forum but the rest of the internet as well, he has not even updated his website.

He aimed for the stars but built a spaceship made of cardboard (minecraft skin apps and self-publishing LOL)

If Corey was an out of shape guy trying to run a 6 minute mile and improve his health, you're the obese guy sitting on the sidelines while eating a doughnut, criticizing him for only running it in 9.

Maybe stop picking apart the mistakes someone else has made and start making your own, otherwise I don't want to hear it.

Go run your own mile.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Silverhawk851

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
482%
Sep 22, 2012
Toronto/Traveling
It's a process. He'll make it. Don't forget, Fastlane wealth is exponential, not linear. As long as he's moving towards something, failure's don't mean shit.
Process creates events.
Rooting for him.

oldscool

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Jul 20, 2011
your internet
THIS:

"What happened to this guy? He just disappeared off the face of the internet when he didn't reach his goal loool"

"Some of the forum members were pretty critical of his goals and project so I am assuming he decided that the forum wasn't a productive environment anymore, that was well before his "timeline" was up. It takes balls to make your goals as public and as ambitious as he had, and for that I have mad respect for him.

And on that note, he probably gained a ton of valuable knowledge and experience while many people were sitting here on the forum bashing him and accomplishing nothing. He's probably done a lot more than you have as well. He aimed for the stars and only ended up on the moon, so what, that's better than a lot of us have done."

timmy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Jul 29, 2013
Ireland
Rant........Note;..Not aimed at anyone in particular. One must always give our fellow entrepreneurs the benefit of the doubt. I personally only become interested the moment someone has something worthwhile to say as it relates to my fastlane plans. This forum has become a global village for me and many other people to learn. Unfortunately of late it has started to slip. It's best to not answer a question with another question. If you cannot give advice in a meaningful way it's best to say nothing.

em1L

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
May 19, 2013
Sweden
How about an under 30 mastermind? (I'm 27) ;)
I am in, if you need some Scandinavian knowledge :) I am 30 this year, and I have some really good goals I want to achieve for 2014.

Enki

on-ramp
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
291%
Jun 18, 2013
Cleveland, Oh USA
I think this guy needed Zen's advice about press releases on federal holidays. If he would have gotten some AP coverage it would have wrapped up his plan very nicely.

That being said the contacts and connection's he made are worth millions regardless if he hit his goal. I would make a quick product that adds value to peoples lives. Use the existing contacts to make a couple mill. then write a book, 1 million at 25? Nope! 5 Million at 26! that type of theme.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
"Some of the forum members were pretty critical of his goals and project so I am assuming he decided that the forum wasn't a productive environment anymore"

Let's see: User X wants to become a millionaire. Millionaires gives advice. User X ignores advice. (That basically sums up what happened here.)

I, and others, were critical because we thought his plan was flawed. In fact, we didn't even see a plan other than a documentary and some MLM thingy.

This forum isn't the place to get all kumbaya and "rah rah" on a plan that's filled with nothing solid other than self-serving platitudes. (I want this, I want that, blah blah.) The millionaires on this board attempted to tell him there were holes in his plan. (Lack of focus, control issues, etc. -- the mobile app thing was the most promising.)

Once again it all comes down to wanting to be right, rather than rich. When someone wants to become a millionaire in X years and receives advice from millionaires, but it isn't taken, or is considered "unproductive", then sorry, no advice will work.

If he would have gotten some AP coverage it would have wrapped up his plan very nicely.

He actually got some great publicity -- in fact, the publicity he got far exceeded the publicity that my book ever got. :wideyed:

So again, I wouldn't call this a failure but a monumental learning experience and I applaud him for it -- I'm sure we will hear (and see) from Corey again. He did some podcasts actually that were really good. Maybe he will check in or make a blog post to share what he learned. He probably could write a book on the entire experience.

Last edited:

Enki

on-ramp
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
291%
Jun 18, 2013
Cleveland, Oh USA
He actually got some great publicity -- in fact, the publicity he got far exceeded the publicity that my book ever got.

He did get some great publicity. He didn't get enough major news networks to run a scripted press release (VNR = Give them your stock video with a script + for Killer Copy). I've been studying VNR's for atleast 10 years.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Barrett This kid right here launched his whole life through a great VNR. Back then I spent some time in nebraska, indiana, and a few other places. by luck I just happened to catch alot of different local news reports. (I was like what the hell They were carrying the exact same headline and script word for word for this kids story).

Here is a documentary with his story in it. I fast forwarded to his short story [edit: forum won't let me post fast forwarded video]
1:11:00 into it

Here is a video that I fast forwarded to a well luanched VNR/Script from a start up tech company (Could be wrong I have some many clips like this)

00:03:57 into it

I study the media closely. Mainly out of curiosity. I want to know what makes taco bells new menu news worthy. How can create something of value that is news worthy....

Anyhow conspiracy theorists make my studying so much easier. The scrutinize the media and expose it (or so they think) so much, I always try to find what really is happening. Killer copy doesn't come from most news networks. They use the failed advertising methods of the past and rely on people dropping killer copy in their laps. They get caught up in the copy like a customer would. I don't think alot of the networks even know the process that is working.

Last edited:

spaxton1

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
625%
Feb 22, 2014
lol, I also had the goal to retire by 25. Yep, my priorities were mixed up too. (What I really meant was I didn't want to work and just want to travel the world.)

There's some danger in being intoxicated by a dollar amount. Goals are great, but I've learned that hard dollar goals usually lead to short cuts. Not to trash on this kid; kudos to him for gonig for it; but I just watched a video he made and all of the options he considered seems very short-term and not too sustainable.

It seemed a bit "event driven" mindset.

PS: the lottery has a lot of copycats too. ... I'm 99% certain I'd buy a ticket if they would just give me 1 day where no one but me could play. -- Millionare by 7:15pm

soonrich

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Feb 17, 2014
I have been following corey from the beginning of his challenge and he is the reason i made my first ££££'s so i have a great respect for him. I am a bit pissed he stopped posting but life goes on and he probably has a shitload of problems to deal with+not reaching his goal of 1mill+all of the people online talking negative sh*t (not talking about this forum).

I know that he is still active in his ebook publishing business (not sure about his other ventures) and he now has more than 100 books published. The VAST majority of his books have good kindle rankings and based on those rankings i estimate that he is making a MINIMUM of $10,000 monthly (a conservative estimate). I also self publish so thats why i can estimate the numbers.

For his app business his last update was in september and that month he made $4350 from app sales, i am sure that he has released more apps from then+started more app companies so he must have reached the $10,000 monthly mark.

Thats a likely $20,000+ monthly revenue from his businesses and i am pretty sure that he has other ventures going on so cut the guy some slack. He had a goal to leave the slowlane and he is getting shit done even though the original concept was a bit flawed.

S. Brown

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Mar 23, 2014
Tampa Bay, Fl
you could still join the "25 to life" mastermind
i am thinking about starting,
if anybody 25 or below is interested , pm me

Yea man. I been interested in starting a 30 and below mastermind group (entrepreneur fastlaners). I'm 24 so the 25 and under sound good. Exchanging ideas and executing is POWERFUL

smarty

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jan 2, 2013

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ

Vote4cake

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Dec 28, 2013
Arlington, VA
I agree that he should (have) be(en) providing more real value.
Steve Siebold once wrote...
"If you're not taking care of you, you're not in a position to help anyone else. You can't give what you don't have."
(source: 21 Ways Rich People Think Differently Than Average People)

Anyway, it certainly was a nice thing to do for his mother. An experience they'll never forget.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
"things that matter far more than money." Ah...yes, and famous for 15 minutes."

Kid Money

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
229%
Mar 1, 2012
surely a nice gesture, but I think he should aim for less youtube fame and more real value. this guy is pretty much as anti-fastlane as it gets.

L-M-A-O! I dusted the cob webs off this account just to reply to your ignorance and all of the negative A** people on here. "Oh were just being constructive" when you diss him. "Oh he said he was doing this, or that".

Real Value?! What more has real value than giving your mom a dream possession and putting a smile on her face? I know, you are probably thinking real value as in success or a $. Only an idiot wouldn't see either the sentimental value of making your mother happy or real value from being FRONT PAGE on yahoo! LOL you know how many MILLIONS of people saw that video and probably reached out to him that want to assist him on his goal? 90 percent of which are probably more successful than you.. You guys are BAFOONS on here for dissing him for not reaching his goal when in all reality he could have reached his goal and you wouldn't know. Probably because you aren't important and you know him but he doesn't know you. Funny huh? Your negativity is as anti fastlane as it gets. MISERY loves company! I wish that before everyone posted negatively on here they would have to state monthly income numbers. Lets talk numbers and lets start a trend. I'm definitely not the wealthiest but I guarantee i'm top 5% on this site. Age-25-July income-$180,000-Location-ND.

Bottom line- This dude would probably SMOKE 99 percent of you jabbers on here dissing him.

SALUTE to Millionaire by 25-Keep your head up you are on your way. As Arnold says- "Avoid the naysayers"

Kid Money

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
229%
Mar 1, 2012
So he made 80k revenue in 2 years and buys his mom the fastest depreciating asset on earth.

Great job!

What a poor ole sap......lol I bet you feel good in your basement with your $1,000 week paychecks.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
They just forget that some people don't value money as much as them. Some people are happy and fine where they're at. With money comes more responsibility, more stress, and more things to worry about. Rich people usually have security systems on their homes. Worried about whether someone is going to kill them, break in, steal there stuff. As my great aunt used to do. She was married to some big wig in Ford. Some guy broken in their house to steal stuff and killed her husband in the process. Another great aunt of mine owned some Cabins she rented out and land. The guy next to her fought over that land with her on a regular basis. She ended up dead, and people still don't the truth about her death.

There worried about every scratch and dent on their house's and cars. Whether there museum of Art is broken or not. I've seen rich homes, and I've seen all the things they worry about. Even one woman that was a total b***because she expected everyone to be her servant, and treated them unkindly no matter how nice they were. If everything was really "Visible" We would see the truth behind the scenes of all the Rich and Famous. The world would be a totally different place if we seen behind every poor person's, and rich person's homes every night. There's always duality in both. Light and darkness individual to individual.

It's the individual that has to to figure out how to live in balance, and not allow pleasure, desire, and money consume them. Some value just money. Others value both. And there are those that value relationship more than money. Happiness and Freedom is in the eyes of the beholder.

Phones

Break your boundaries
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
202%
Aug 13, 2011
Praia da Areia Branca, Portugal
Instant gratification doesn't apply just for yourself, you're still compromising your future for instant gratification for others (ok, it was for his mom, but he had the joy of offering it, and all the media buz).

I could buy my parents some amazing vocations, but I don't, I'd rather apply my money and make it grow, so I can actually afford those kind of offers without hurting my wallet.

Anyway, the car doesn't look that expensive, so it doesn't add shit to this thread or his journey.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
You ever buy your girlfriend gifts? Same thing! As buying something for your mom. Exactly why Christmas is so commercialized. Why Valentine's day is so commercialized. Perhaps it does give shit to the thread and the journey. What do Philanthropists do. What do those that donate to fundraiser's, and make donation's do for charities even from those that are poor and choose to give to others. It's connecting with others. Understanding without connection you wouldn't even make a dime for selfish reasons. If they didn't need something, they wouldn't buy it. If you don't add value and something to the community, you're just in it for yourself, don't care what happens to anyone else. If you're girlfriend sees you working 8-19 hours sacrifices her time by staying with you, and not getting anything out of it, patient with you, and waits for those times to go on holidays, out to dinner, gifts, etc, or special moments, she'd just dump you, and find someone that values her, appreciates her, and loves her just as much as money. Just saying?

A

Angus

You ever buy your girlfriend gifts? Same thing! As buying something for your mom. Exactly why Christmas is so commercialized. Why Valentine's day is so commercialized. Perhaps it does give shit to the thread and the journey. What do Philanthropists do. What do those that donate to fundraiser's, and make donation's do for charities even from those that are poor and choose to give to others. It's connecting with others. Understanding without connection you wouldn't even make a dime for selfish reasons. If they didn't need something, they wouldn't buy it. If you don't add value and something to the community, you're just in it for yourself, don't care what happens to anyone else. If you're girlfriend sees you working 8-19 hours sacrifices her time by staying with you, and not getting anything out of it, patient with you, and waits for those times to go on holidays, out to dinner, gifts, etc, or special moments, she'd just dump you, and find someone that values her, appreciates her, and loves her just as much as money. Just saying?
good, she's disposable, my time isn't

plus, if she doesn't support me and helps me achieve my goals, she doesn't deserve to be my long term companion

Last edited by a moderator:

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Yes...money is priceless...people are disposable. Seems to be the popular "mentality" of the globe. One thing that always amazed me being a nurse aide in the past and when someone was sick, lonely, or dying. The rich one's were always terribly unkind, grumpy, and hated the world because they were alone. Beautiful homes, museum of nice art, collectibles, cars, boats, even nice clothes. Specialty shakes, good food, dying alone, with no friends, family, just nurse aides they locked out of their bedroom, and rang a bell. We'd all refuse to work for these people, because who wants to be treated like yesterdays garbage. Seen it plenty of times, looked through the photo albums, read the some of the stuff they wrote. I'd sit there and wonder how they ended up so mean and lonely. Now I know. The greed of money. Highly more motivating and valuable than people.

A

Angus

Yes...money is priceless...people are disposable. Seems to be the popular "mentality" of the globe. One thing that always amazed me being a nurse aide in the past and when someone was sick, lonely, or dying. The rich one's were always terribly unkind, grumpy, and hated the world because they were alone. Beautiful homes, museum of nice art, collectibles, cars, boats, even nice clothes. Specialty shakes, good food, dying alone, with no friends, family, just nurse aides they locked out of their bedroom, and rang a bell. We'd all refuse to work for these people, because who wants to be treated like yesterdays garbage. Seen it plenty of times, looked through the photo albums, read the some of the stuff they wrote. I'd sit there and wonder how they ended up so mean and lonely. Now I know. The greed of money. Highly more motivating and valuable than people.
that's why not money but power should be your goal
changing the course of history, not being a middle class millionaire

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!