The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Mental health while chasing your dreams.

Fabian1999

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Apr 8, 2021
Hello everyone.
I wanted to talk about someting ive faced the last year. And it makes life un-enjoyable.
I get those feelings everytime i do something fun or something i like to do. But it wont take me further to my goals. I get this bad feeling about "wasting time". This years summer my father died to lung cancer. Since his death my perspective on life has changed. My mind is constantly thinking about how short life is, and if im not doing that, i will not get this. And im never doing anything for my self anymore.

Does anyone else struggle with this mindset?

Br,
Fabian

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

TrillAmbition

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Jun 11, 2020
Texas
Yeah, I completely get what you are saying. I think a lot of times we waste years not doing anything to further our freedom and end up suddenly waking up to it due to a very emotional experience or situation.

When we first wake up to a life we don't want we tend to over-correct. This is the same as people who suddenly find themselves 30 pounds heavier than they remember and become extremely strict in their diet. You have to be careful that you are being mindful of were you are spending your energy and plan every day out. First thing in the morning plan what your todos for the day are and be realistic. This helps you get important stuff done and not just fill the day up with mindless stuff that feels like it is important in a highly motivated emotional high.

Just like the dieting example, you need to not look at this as a diet but a change of lifestyle and life. It needs to be sustainable and not just an over correction fueled on your wake up moment. You need balance and to make sure you are getting proper rest and not stressing to a point it isn't helping you think. I really suggest making the todos before your day starts as this personally helps me be able to enjoy rest before bed and actually fall asleep without feeling like I wasted the day.

Just to throw this out there, But I find it hard to also enjoy things I enjoyed years ago and find myself uninterested with entertainment more and more

Fabian1999

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Apr 8, 2021
Yeah, I completely get what you are saying. I think a lot of times we waste years not doing anything to further our freedom and end up suddenly waking up to it due to a very emotional experience or situation.

When we first wake up to a life we don't want we tend to over-correct. This is the same as people who suddenly find themselves 30 pounds heavier than they remember and become extremely strict in their diet. You have to be careful that you are being mindful of were you are spending your energy and plan every day out. First thing in the morning plan what your todos for the day are and be realistic. This helps you get important stuff done and not just fill the day up with mindless stuff that feels like it is important in a highly motivated emotional high.

Just like the dieting example, you need to not look at this as a diet but a change of lifestyle and life. It needs to be sustainable and not just an over correction fueled on your wake up moment. You need balance and to make sure you are getting proper rest and not stressing to a point it isn't helping you think. I really suggest making the todos before your day starts as this personally helps me be able to enjoy rest before bed and actually fall asleep without feeling like I wasted the day.

Just to throw this out there, But I find it hard to also enjoy things I enjoyed years ago and find myself uninterested with entertainment more and more
For me personal it feels like nothing is fun anymore. And im also not looking forward to anything. Like i think i lost all my motivation on doing anything. Maybe this happend because i never did something for me and my well-being. I feel like a drained battery that is smashed against the wall and lost in the forrest. But yes, maybe i should start with some to do's everyday i wake up.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.