The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Marketing Methods for new start ups

Marketing, social media, advertising
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Apr 26, 2021
Canada
Hi guys, I have read both unscripted and millionaire fastlane .

Are there any recommended books for marketing online website/app start ups from scratch? We don't have venture capital either. I have hired someone via freelancer to create a website and we are almost ready to launch!

Any recommendations are valued!

Thank you,
Kevin

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I generally believe marketing strategy best comes from the internet, namely recent blog posts or articles.

Marketing books tend to get outdated really quick ... what worked in 2018, sometimes doesn't work in 2021.

Many folks here have recommended Russell Brunson's work which relates to sales funnels.

User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Apr 26, 2021
Canada
I generally believe marketing strategy best comes from the internet, namely recent blog posts or articles.

Marketing books tend to get outdated really quick ... what worked in 2018, sometimes doesn't work in 2021.

Many folks here have recommended Russell Brunson's work which relates to sales funnels.
Thank you! We appreciate the advice! I will update on how our base methods go and we will adjust to different strategies accordingly.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Here's another recommendation that supposedly has survived time...
But if you're super clever, there's also the third way of joint ventures and other creative ways to build a business taught by Jay Abraham. @FauxPas, you may be interested in reading Jay Abraham's Joint Ventures: From Mediocrity to Millions. Jay Abraham's INSIDERS's Guide to Engineering Highly Successful Joint Ventures, Strategic Alliances, Partnerships and Other Lucrative Host-Beneficiary Relationships.

If you type "Jay Abraham's Joint Ventures: From Mediocrity to Millions" in Google you'll find a free PDF. It's an old document (from 2005) but extremely powerful and will teach you how people structure deals with zero money involved.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Here's another recommendation that supposedly has survived time...

Just need to add that this isn't "here's exactly what to do" type of a book. The book covers how to think and shows mostly offline examples. It doesn't say how to use social media or any of that stuff but I believe it teaches something more important which is seeing opportunities in overlooked places—like all of Jay Abraham's stuff.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007