• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

2. Forum *Official* Book Discussion
    Can't Hurt Me by David Goggins

The forum has voted to discuss this book. Grab it, discussion begins soon!
    Can't Hurt Me, by Goggins

INTRO Getting a new start - Starting My Digital Agency

Discussion in 'Forum Introductions (Who are you!?)' started by Bru, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Bru

Bru Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $107
    Hello everyone

Wanted to introduce myself and to share about my new project.

ME:
    I m french, 32 years old, 2 kids (a 5y daughter and a 1.5y son), married.
    My wife is working part time.
    I ve been laid off for economic reason earlier this year (following a burn out).
    I was working for a big multinational for several years as project manager.
    I took time for me to recover, feel confident again in my values and strenghts.
    I ve always worked on side projects (website creation, help friends to create their blogs or launch their Ecommerce), but when it was for me, I was afraid of actually starting/launching and putting my project to life.

Since I ve been laid off, I took time to reflect and I think this is now the time for me to start my project and give it a try.

SKILLS:
    - Project management: 7/10
    - Wordpress: 7/10
    - SEO: 9/10
    - Adwords: 6/10
    - Social network mktg - 6/10
    - Content marketing - 8/10
    - Graphic and visual design 7/10

THE PROJECT:
    Ok the title spoiled it, :)
    I m launching my web agency.
    In the past I ve built some websites. A few month ago, when I was trying to figure out what to do professionally, I finally discovered @Sean Marshall through an Udemy course.
    I ve started register my company, to build my website, to work on my services and objectives.

OBJECTIVES:
    Bring value to my customers
    When reflecting on my previous experiences I noticed that I always been an solution oriented individual. I enjoy helping others and creating solutions. Previously it was either to automate tasks (excel, other tools to simplify tasks) or provide tools to create value or solve an issue.
    This is really the motto of my business, be there to bring solutions and help my customer (companies) to reach their goals in term of productivity or profitability.

Financial objectives:
    The 1st step is to reach a monthly 3000$ turnover per month by February
    then 5000$ by June and 10 000$ by the end of the year.
    It can sound optimistic but I m committed to work hard to reach those objectives.

Where am I now?
    Started actively in September.
    I ve done 5 proposals, so far 1 was refused, 2 have been accepted and 2 are pending for feedback from the potential customer.
    Also most proposal were only requested by people from my network, either former colleagues or acquaintances.
    As I was just starting, my prices were very low and I m actually not profitable, but the good side is that I ve learnt a lot thanks to those clients (fine tuning my service packages, improving my technical skills...).

I m working on my content schedule and I m planning to start communicating actively on my project.
    One of the next step is maybe to start hiring a sales team to get customers.

PROBLEMATICS:
    Doubt and self confidence, there are some days I seriously doubt and I m afraid of failure.
    Competition: There is a huge competition, I can't even count the number of agencies that are close or distant competitors. I m struggling to find a tangible unique selling point. While some are only focusing on website creation, I also propose web marketing services and business solutions such as services or tool implementation for companies (CRM, virtual assistant...).
    Sales process: I ve defined a plan and strategy for my communication. However I m not confident to handle the sales directly and with cold calling. This is something I need to work on.

I ll probably come back to this thread shortly to provide updates on my project.
    All the best to all.

2. Sean Marshall

Sean Marshall Independent since 2010 Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $7,255
    Bonne chance Bru! I'm happy to help however I can. Cheers

Bru and Isaac Oh like this.
  3. lowtek

lowtek Platinum Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $23,993
    Welcome Bru. Cast aside your self doubt. What you'll find is that most of your "competition" isn't really. So many fakers in that space... so many people who don't follow up with the client, provide poor service, can't execute, make wild claims... the list goes on.

Just be a stand up guy, always show up and you'll make a name for yourself quite quickly.

Andy Black and Bru like this.
  4. Isaac Oh

Isaac Oh Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $230
    Thanks for the referral Bru! Just got myself a copy of his Udemy course.

Bru likes this.
  5. Bru

Bru Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $107
    Quick update on my progression

I had an important meeting today with a prospect.
    Someone launching a brand in Europe and who needed a website to send traffic to market places (amazon, etsy...) and also deal with B to B customer for wholesales.
    The person originally mentioned the need to have a member area, mutlilingue website, Autoresponder integration and livechat.

This could have been my biggest project so far.
    However my prospect stated my price was too expensive compared to what can be found on fiver or some other countries in Europe.
    I presented my arguments and how I can help drive value instead of just execute and providing "only" a website (by default I make sure the website is SEO ready with optimized contents, I also implement Google tags scripts).
    Of course I can lower my price but I m afraid it will be at the cost of those things I consider basic but I see often ignored or set aside by some other agencies.

I m a bit confused between which approach is making more sense business wise.
    1- What the customer want and only see: build a website, nothing more (not the extra work behind the curtain - SEO optimized, optimized navigation, Google tags).
    2- What I feel is right to deliver but that require more in depth work.

Maybe I m not experienced enough on the sell process.
    Well Work in progress
    :)

All the best to all

Burton and Isaac Oh like this.
  6. Burton

Burton Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $152
    That's why it's often annoying (as for me) to develop software for others especially for someone who doesn't know anything about development process. They have tight budget so it has to be builded as fast as possible, but when there are some bugs at the end they are getting angry because for them it should work perfectly (it's just a simple website, right?).

I think you shouldn't lower your prices too much, it's better to have less clients but kind of great ones. Also it will be easier for you to manage for example 5 good clients who will pay you the same that 10 lower priced.

In addition I have already noticed there are definitely less problems with customer who knows why he needs your work and who has a budget to afford your prices comparing to this one who want more clients but without paying much for their attention.

I'm looking forward to see your next updates, I'm also on my way to start something related in Poland.

Good luck on your journey and also have fun!

Last edited: Dec 13, 2018 at 4:50 PM
    Andy Black and Isaac Oh like this.
  7. Isaac Oh

Isaac Oh Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $230
    Gordon Ramsay kicked a customer out of Hell's Kitchen for asking for two fried eggs

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.