The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
It would increase $2,300/mo if I didn’t have those 2 mortgages. I owe a total of about 280k between the 2 of them. However, 1 of those I have $0 of my own money in it.

That deal broke down as such:
Purchased it for 90k owner financed with 23k down there was 16k worth of rehab it needed, the owner financed that as well. Borrowed 23k for down payment

All in: 106k
After rehab it’s now worth about 150k-160k
Both 23k down payment and owner financed note are on 20 year terms with no balloon

I could refinance that deal and pull out a free 14k and pay back other loans.
150k valuation
80%LTV get a 120k note
Pay back 106k,
keep 14k
You didn’t mention what the interest rate is on those. But it probably doesn’t matter too much.

You started this post by saying you’ve made 100K in the past month and didn’t know what to do with it. Making $100,000 in a month is great but having only $4000 a month of passive income with a bunch of leverage it’s not really that great.

If you are really good at what you do and can generate five figures a month wholesaling properties I would use that money to pay down these loans.

Once you own these duplexes free and clear you are going to cash flow about $5000 a month for the rest of your life. Almost nothing could take that away from you, even if you have periods of no renters.

Using this $5000 a month as passive income you can qualify for regular bank financing on a home. This is where you can start leveraging at very low interest rates. Using this method you could build wealth by purchasing a home at under 4% interest every year for the next 5 to 8 years or even longer.

It really depends on what your goal is here. You can keep flipping houses and doing what you’re doing and building up a large amount of capital, or leveraged real estate. But at some point you are going to want to own some cash flowing Properties free and clear. That is almost always the endgame of most people because it provides never ending cash flow with very little risk.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Correct me if I’m wrong, but wouldn’t that hurt tax benefits a little bit in the process of paying them off?
The only thing that you would lose would be the write off on the interest.

Last edited:
G

Guest-5ty5s4

Correct me if I’m wrong, but wouldn’t that hurt tax benefits a little bit in the process of paying them off?
Do you want to save money on taxes or do you want to be rich? Sometimes you have to bite the bullet and pay more in taxes because it’s better for your wealth building.

Flipping isn’t tax efficient but the money you make accumulates faster than holding for a year.

That’s just something I’ve been thinking about a lot and wanted to throw out there. That’s why businesses can grow faster than job + investments, the turnover is higher. Good job on your success!

ToneDoinIt

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Oct 1, 2020
Ohio
HELP. This is nuts guys. I am making more money than I know what to do with and I need some big time help from you experienced guys. I don't even say any of this to brag. I say all of this because everything is moving so quickly, and I have never experienced anything like it. This is LITERALLY a Fastlane.

I'm a real estate investor, I jumped into this full time 6 months ago.
But these past 4 months have been absolutely insane. Here's what I've done since October 1st:
-Syndicated a $1.2m 16 unit apartment complex that I own 20% of with $0 of my own money.
-Bought a duplex to buy and hold
-Bought my first ever single family home that will be an AIRBNB (I now officially have 32 rentals and never owned a single family home before)
-Done over $90k in wholesale assignments alone
-Flipped 3 houses
-This month I have made over 100k alone. My first ever 6-figure month
-My rental property portfolio has gone from 13 doors to 32 in 4 months.
-just got my first creative finance deal locked up under contract

I have no overhead. I have no marketing budget. It's literally just been me and a phone cold-calling like a telephone terrorist to land me all of this in 4 months.
I say none of this to brag or boast, I say all of this to say I'm excited, terrified, anxious, and deal with imposter syndrome probably on a daily basis. Now here's where I need help. For you big players in this, how in the world do you deal with this? This has all happened so fast. I have so many freaking deals coming through right now I literally do not know what to do. How do I balance finishing the projects I currently have on my plate, whilst simultaneously making sure my pipeline doesn't dry up and continue marketing??

It's a good problem to have no doubt. I am definitely beyond grateful for everything that has happened. I just don't know how to handle it. Every single dime I make I save, or I go buy another rental with it. I live in a duplex in the ghetto for crying outloud. (I'm house hacking it) I'm not blowing my money at all, but I need help from you experienced guys.
How do I continue to scale without biting off more than I can chew, but at the same time continuing to push myself to new heights? If I stop marketing and just finish my current projects then I will wake up to an empty pipeline in 3 months, however, my current pipeline is literally overflowing. knock on wood....
What do I do?!?!?
How did you initially get introduced to what you're doing? And where did your initial capital come from to start what you're doing?

ChrisGav

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Feb 15, 2019
You didn’t mention what the interest rate is on those. But it probably doesn’t matter too much.

You started this post by saying you’ve made 100K in the past month and didn’t know what to do with it. Making $100,000 in a month is great but having only $4000 a month of passive income with a bunch of leverage it’s not really that great.

If you are really good at what you do and can generate five figures a month wholesaling properties I would use that money to pay down these loans.

Once you own these duplexes free and clear you are going to cash flow about $5000 a month for the rest of your life. Almost nothing could take that away from you, even if you have periods of no renters.

Using this $5000 a month as passive income you can qualify for regular bank financing on a home. This is where you can start leveraging at very low interest rates. Using this method you could build wealth by purchasing a home at under 4% interest every year for the next 5 to 8 years or even longer.

It really depends on what your goal is here. You can keep flipping houses and doing what you’re doing and building up a large amount of capital, or leveraged real estate. But at some point you are going to want to own some cash flowing Properties free and clear. That is almost always the endgame of most people because it provides never ending cash flow with very little risk.
Interesting, but if I pay off 280k to get 28k more a year annually that’s only a 10% return on my 280k. I definitely understand how that’s safer, but do you think I could make a better return placing that money somewhere else? or do you think it’s worth doing that to build more of a permanent foundation so to speak?

I understand that 4k/month isn’t that impressive, but for where I’m at in life I think it is pretty substantial. I make a livable wage of 48k/year In relatively passive income. That allows me to take a bit more risk knowing my necessities of life are taken care of.

I’m young of course, and not trying to retire any time soon necessarily. Do you think it’s better to start paying stuff off, or should I play riskier while I don’t have kids/other financial responsibilities and have pretty cheap living expenses?

Last edited:

ChrisGav

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Feb 15, 2019
How did you initially get introduced to what you're doing? And where did your initial capital come from to start what you're doing?
I started a small pressure washing operation 2 years ago. I washed a few houses for a realtor and he started talking to me about how I should get into real estate. He was ultimately trying to recruit me to be a realtor with him, but I ended up going a different route. He certainly is the reason I started learning about it.

I used cash from my pressure washing to fund my first few down payments. From there I started connecting with people who had cash. I bring the deal, they put up capital or we both put up capital.

In terms of flipping, I borrow money from these partners and other lenders. My wholesaling operation is extremely lean. I maybe have $600/month in overhead to run that.

ToneDoinIt

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Oct 1, 2020
Ohio
I started a small pressure washing operation 2 years ago. I washed a few houses for a realtor and he started talking to me about how I should get into real estate. He was ultimately trying to recruit me to be a realtor with him, but I ended up going a different route. He certainly is the reason I started learning about it.

I used cash from my pressure washing to fund my first few down payments. From there I started connecting with people who had cash. I bring the deal, they put up capital or we both put up capital.

In terms of flipping, I borrow money from these partners and other lenders. My wholesaling operation is extremely lean. I maybe have $600/month in overhead to run that.
Wow! FIrst off, thank you for taking your timeout to answer me. Given all details, and reading it, this sounds like the start of a book.

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
Defend your castle - barbarians will come.

This is so true. Been there done that. Don't stop what you're doing or spend all your money, but make sure you're talking to people who know about taxes, law, insurance, and regulations. Someone will come try to mess with you, eventually.

What I'm not great at, or what I don't really know, is the actual steps of growing a business. I'm sure there's no one right answer. But, how do you gauge things such as: how much cash do I keep on hand in reserves, and how much do I play offense with?

Your instinct is correct; there is no one right answer. Everyone brings their own set of skills to this. Personally, I would start taking manual processes like collecting or depositing rent checks, marketing for properties, etc., and find ways to duplicate them at scale through automation, documentation, and passing them to assistants who can follow your processes and checklists. I would also look at risk and stability for the assets I have... things like insurance, maintenance planning, contingencies, etc. You have a base right now. Keep up the aggression, but like others have said, don't neglect defense.

100k in a month is a great result. 4k per month in mostly-passive income is also super good... it's better than 12k per month in labor income (in my opinion) because your time is still available. But as the markets adjust, you'll find that different conditions require different strategies, and you'll need some funds in reserve to test your ideas and cover gaps, maintenance, vacancies, and unforeseen problems. 'How much' is highly dependent on your risk tolerance and level of aggression as an investor.

I have some friends who are doing similar things... a couple flipped 12 houses in the last year and bought 5 rentals, after spending years as regular employees. I found out because they started paying back a loan I had written off ("friend loan"). :rofl: There's been movement in the property market, and the people figuring it out are doing well right now. We live in interesting times.

See if you can get a few people in the forum and/or your local real estate (or business) community who've built something of value, to talk with you. It doesn't have to be a real estate empire... just anyone who has done enough to figure things out. Talk to people, learn things. They'll probably learn things too, so reciprocity is built in. Bonus points if you stumble across a new investor from time to time. These conversations (often real-time ones in my experience) trigger ideas that we need to grow and get better. And then you can come back and add things from those conversations to the forum, which makes the whole world a better place.

Anyway, talk to people who have handled growth, business change, and other problems. And figure out how to translate what they tell you to your own situation. That's one thing that has helped me many times, and I think it helps almost anyone... it's like gaining experience just by talking for 15 or 20 minutes with someone on the phone, or over lunch. Experience that would otherwise take years and expensive experiments to acquire. Not that you'll be able to avoid all the years and expensive experiments... but you can make them more effective ;)

Good luck skill, and keep doing what you're doing! :)

ToneDoinIt

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Oct 1, 2020
Ohio
1643600565434.png

hands down this is one of the best come up stories I seen on any forum I belong to, along with the advices given by other members. Tomorrow, I'm going to make a forum post and ask for advice, what's going to be different about my OP is the past year n half I've come to terms with things I had to go through in life and had to stuff down a black seemingly endless hole, well it's not endless it builds up and vomits everything back you put in it. With the exception of individuals living through the 1930's depression I have had the worst life possible within the western World. There's people in this world that have to fish water into a bucket in order to drink something and felt like I didnt have a right ever to complain. I always never wanted to compare my situations to others as I perceived it as judging. But, the truth really is "it can always be worse"

When I joined this forum it was before I came to realizations, have been away from any kind of Forum on a full-time schedule over past year n half, which has been the worst possible 18 months of my life on paper, but have never felt better because I stopped denying the existance of the developmental disorder I "suffered from", but now love because it explained everything and figured myself out, which is a gift. I apologize if what I'm typing has nothing to do with Niche/category of this post, and absolutely not achieving, attempting, trying to take away OP's shine. It's because it's very hard for me to get woke/inspired and I was going over every comment on this post whilst stuffing face with popcorn, then when I was checking back on anymore comments had seen someone posts Wolf's quote and tied in everything.

I rarely bookmark anything, let alone forum posts. Booked!
(To the OP) Keep going please because of people out here like myself w/tomorrow (hopefully) being used to talk about what kind of people and everything making sense at that point. The details in this post are important ( to people like me ), again, please keep going! I'd say I'm proud, but that word "proud" (in my mind) suggest that it's only appropriate to say to someone who is somehow beneath you both financially, and age. I'm a 35 year old hasband that hasn't quite figured it out (life) only up until recently and doesnt "feel" right typing/saying it.KEEP GOING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Interesting, but if I pay off 280k to get 28k more a year annually that’s only a 10% return on my 280k. I definitely understand how that’s safer, but do you think I could make a better return placing that money somewhere else? or do you think it’s worth doing that to build more of a permanent foundation so to speak?
This really all depends on what you want. If you want to keep putting all your current income into rentals and flipping homes at some point You will have a couple million dollars worth of real estate and probably $500,000 in equity and no cash.

The danger is that if you screw up once or twice while leveraged this much you could end up with nothing at all.

So it’s up to you to decide when you want to move your cash from its optimal return on investment to a safer but lower return.

A 10% return on investment that can last forever is what many of us would strive for.

Here’s what I’m thinking. You seem to be saying that you can make large sums of cash by flipping and wholesaling real estate monthly. It seems like you don’t need this cash that you made. Why would you need $100,000, if you can make that again in the next few months. That is why I am suggesting that you put that money into something safer that will give you long-term cash flow.

What happens if real estate takes a downturn and you can’t make any more cash flipping houses? Then you will only have $4000 a month of cash flow coming in. What happens if a few of your rentals go empty or you need some repairs? Can you see how a few events could bring down your whole empire?

All I’m saying is to get a couple safer avenues of cash flow just in case hard times come.

You don’t want to come back on this forum in five years and tell us that you are starting from zero.

I understand that 4k/month isn’t that impressive, but for where I’m at in life I think it is pretty substantial. I make a livable wage of 48k/year In relatively passive income. That allows me to take a bit more risk knowing my necessities of life are taken care of.

I’m young of course, and not trying to retire any time soon necessarily. Do you think it’s better to start paying stuff off, or should I play riskier while I don’t have kids/other financial responsibilities and have pretty cheap living expenses?
I understand that you are young and that you can play at risky. But it would be much easier to take risks if you had a safe income coming in. Again that is my opinion. For me I know that because I had fairly safe income from rentals I could take risks with my other capital when starting my businesses.

GIlman

Still Gilman
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
604%
Oct 16, 2014
Study, learn, and understand how taxes work in relation to real estate and business in general. You should be an expert in how to protect yourself from the most viscous barbarian of all. From my experience you usually have to manage your accountant, because you know your business inside and out, and if you know taxes (you can meaningfully consult with your accountant), you can find and implement things in a way that can save you lots of money.

If you make a big difference in money one year to next make sure to save a sizable chuck saved for taxes. You can generate some huge tax bills, much larger than you might think, and you could be put in a situation to have to liquidate assets or try and get an asset backed loan or some other credit line in a rush to pay them.

Expect a big kick in the nuts next year at tax time where you will have to pay your income tax, personal employment tax, and prepaid quarterly for Q1 of 2023 all at the same time. You can offset this by creating some big depreciation event such as @biophase stated. You can look into schedule 179 and bonus depreciation as ways to create big offsets too.

I would have to agree with others on trying to payoff your other two properties. If it's not paid off, you don't own it, the bank does. I've seen numerous people implode because their debt was high and they hit some snag that dug much much deeper than they ever expected. If you pay them off, pay one off entirely, don't spread your money between two with residual loans on both...again the bank owns it until you pay them off, no matter how much you owe.

Also, paying them off is parking cash and eliminating interest payments - you can always take out loans against these properties in the future if you saw an unbelievable opportunity. If you don't have a better use for the cash, why not park it into the property, reducing your risk, increasing your cashflow, and eliminating interest. A paid off property is like a piggy bank, it should be pretty easy to get a loan at anytime.

With current monetary policy, there are many factors afoot that no one alive today has lived through, or at least no one that is not extremely elderly. We have simultaneous bubble like conditions in almost every asset market at the moment. There is a significant chance that some event could trigger a huge asset write down in multiple different categories all at once...and if history is any guide, when inflation spikes the governments institute rent and price controls.

At this time, I have been working to increase my control of everything and putting cash into fixed assets. But, that's largely because given the rate of money printing I have zero faith in the long term ability of USD to hold it's value...there is certainly a lot of uncertainty in all asset markets and only time will tell what planning pays off and what does not. I have also been paying off all my assets with debt on them, this is because I see uncertainty in future cashflows, and if they are paid off I own them and am not at risk of having them taken if I hit hard times.

Last edited:

BD64

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
218%
Jul 26, 2017
Denver, CO
Woah @ChrisGav, this is damn impressive! I'm in RE too but clearly haven't taken the sort of action you have. Congrats on your success so far. Based on the awesome responses you got in the thread what's your plan moving forward? Are you still feeling lost with how fast things are progressing for you?

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
Lots of great advice in this thread based on relevant experience.

I have to say I'm confused at what type of advice you are looking for though....

You have a cashflow strategy, are you looking to gain references on how to put that into wealth?
Are you looking for tactics on managing time an/or business operations?
Maybe even "I'm overwhelmed and don't want to f*ck it up, what next"...?

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
Make friends with older dudes (30s / 40s) who are well established and can offer you specific advice. Definitely make sure they have no need for your money.

Clearly you're a winner if you're doing that well at 23, but you're still young and pretty clueless as to what makes the world go round. It will 100x your life to be friends with older winners who can share their insights with you.

Do this through hobbies (guns, MMA, books, whatever stuff you like outside of business) and chatting with people on online communities. Don't divulge just how well you're doing until you figure these people out.

And don't specifically go looking for a "mentor". Just make organic friendships with people who you actually have stuff in common with (like those hobbies that I mentioned, or whatever interests you have).

Greg Behnke

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
127%
May 22, 2012
Scottsdale Arizona
Your story seems like one who has made his own luck. You mentioned cold calling to get the deals. Most aren't willing to do this. If you can systemize what you did and train someone to work for you or with you, it looks like you could grow this. At 23 years old, you probably should spend some of the new found wealth on enjoyment but not necessarily long depreciating assets/cash flow drag to celebrate a win. Celebrating wins encourages you to keep at it. There are plenty of sharks who want to take your money for coaching/partnerships/mlm scams etc. Navigating the real deal versus phonies is the tough work of an entrepreneur. Best of luck!

USN-Ken

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
274%
Apr 21, 2015
Durant, Iowa
Who are you cold calling to get $137k wholesaling? In what market?

I could see it in the Bay Area, but not in podunk Midwest.

That’s a lot of scratch. I’d get back into wholesaling if I had your recipe. :)

Two Dog

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Feb 15, 2022
Congrats! Impressive results in a very short timeframe. Mind you are in the one of the hottest real estate markets in the history of the country, but it sounds like you're putting in a ton of effort and it's paying off. I met dozens of people in a similar situation back in 2007 and early 2008 - including myself to a smaller degree. You'd be amazed how few were in the same situation twelve months later.

I would do two things at this stage:

1. Take an hour or half a day and figure out your absolute worst-case scenario financially if everything drops through the floor. If all your deals have 20% equity, fixed rate financing, generating positive cashflow, can take occupancy hits - GREAT! But that's probably not the case. More likely you're highly leveraged in a lot of borderline worthwhile deals. In that case, figure out how to make them less sketchy (raise more money, add more value, sell it to another investor). You really should know the bottom line if the game ends tomorrow.

2. Put aside cash. Whatever you feel is a *lot* of cash, stick it someplace where it's safe AND hard to touch. Impossible to touch is even better. Boring crap like bonds, not Bitcoin. Buy a one year CD. Whatever. You've done all these creative deals already, it shouldn't be difficult to continue doing them without cash in hand. There's endless reasons for this step. Just do it.

The rest is really just learning how to get better at those two things. Ride it while it lasts.

Cheers,
Chris

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
It's literally just been me and a phone cold-calling like a telephone terrorist to land me all of this in 4 months.
Hell yes. This shows the power of bad a$$ action. Well done!

Let this be a lesson to everyone… Does your life suck? Get the phone out and insert yourself into peoples lives.

Now, what was the question? :rofl:

Wizza134

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Feb 27, 2021
All of the 100k is from wholesales and flips. I haven’t even included my rental income in that figure.
Here’s essentially what’s been going through my head:
I’m making pretty decent money and it happened really quickly. I know that it may not always be this way, and I also know that I don’t know how to run a business that brings in that kind of money because I’ve never done it before.

When you’re making 100k/year you can afford to not understand tax strategies and you can do everything by yourself if needed because the numbers are smaller. But if I finish this year making 500k or something, I know I don’t have the knowledge, systems, or infrastructure to know how to manage that.

I think I have been so focused on just putting one foot in front of the other and taking action every day that I haven’t stopped to look at what I’ve already done. And so I paused for the first time the other day, and realized what was actually happening and had a minor panic attack to be honest.

I also don’t have a mentor or coach helping me unravel all of this. I’m not a part of any masterminds and I don’t really know where else to turn other than on here to ask. I did what the YouTube videos said and it got me here now what. Lol
What youtube videos and or books did you look at to learn about this?

Last edited:

ChrisGav

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Feb 15, 2019
Woah @ChrisGav, this is damn impressive! I'm in RE too but clearly haven't taken the sort of action you have. Congrats on your success so far. Based on the awesome responses you got in the thread what's your plan moving forward? Are you still feeling lost with how fast things are progressing for you?
Definitely feeling lost still. I have a lot of deals currently in the works, so going to continue down this path. Mainly just feel very outside of my comfort zone, but I'm making it a point to continue to do marketing and push forward even through a little discomfort. I'll probably plan to focus on paying off some of the debt, however, I'm not absolutely leveraged to the gills. I take on partners in some of the deals to insulate myself some more and have added protection. For example, on my apartment complex deal, I have a partner that owns majority. (I own 20%, he owns 80%) therefore, the debt on that deal I feel pretty safe with. If we fell on hard times, it would be the 2 of us trying to figure out a solution versus just me by myself.

Moving forward, probably plan to continue to buy up properties when it makes sense, while wholesaling the ones I don't feel comfortable taking on.

ChrisGav

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Feb 15, 2019
Lots of great advice in this thread based on relevant experience.

I have to say I'm confused at what type of advice you are looking for though....

You have a cashflow strategy, are you looking to gain references on how to put that into wealth?
Are you looking for tactics on managing time an/or business operations?
Maybe even "I'm overwhelmed and don't want to f*ck it up, what next"...?
Quite honestly, I'm just scared man. I'd like to think I'm good at managing my money, I don't hardly spend it unless I'm buying another asset. But, I don't really know what to do now. Simply put, I feel like this is a different ball game than when I was trying to make my first 100k/year. I don't know what I don't know, So I'm curious to hear what people think I should know.

ChrisGav

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Feb 15, 2019
Who are you cold calling to get $137k wholesaling? In what market?

I could see it in the Bay Area, but not in podunk Midwest.

That’s a lot of scratch. I’d get back into wholesaling if I had your recipe. :)
I'm in Greenville South Carolina. No secret recipe besides forcing myself to do what I don't feel like doing every day, COLD CALLING.

ChrisGav

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Feb 15, 2019
What youtube videos and or books did you look at to learn about this?
I wish I could tell you one channel or book that made it click, I think it was just picking up small nuggets from a bunch of sources that helped me put it all together.

for youtube channels:
Brent Daniels
Pace Morby
Todd Tobach
Steve Trang

Books:
All of the biggerpocket books about real estate
Majority of the other books I read are regarding mindset as I believe that is the foundation to everything. A lot of Tony Robbins stuff, Rich Dad Poor Dad (of course), TMF , unscripted , etc.

Wizza134

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Feb 27, 2021
I wish I could tell you one channel or book that made it click, I think it was just picking up small nuggets from a bunch of sources that helped me put it all together.

for youtube channels:
Brent Daniels
Pace Morby
Todd Tobach
Steve Trang

Books:
All of the biggerpocket books about real estate
Majority of the other books I read are regarding mindset as I believe that is the foundation to everything. A lot of Tony Robbins stuff, Rich Dad Poor Dad (of course), TMF , unscripted , etc.
Thank you so much for responding and for these recommendations. This made my day :D

Rossoneri

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
114%
Jun 13, 2020
Virginia
I'm in Greenville South Carolina. No secret recipe besides forcing myself to do what I don't feel like doing every day, COLD CALLING.
Both of the Carolinas are great wholesaling markets! Do you just operate in your local area or do you do some virtual markets?

On helping you to automate/scale your wholesaling business, I recommend checking out a youtuber named "Flip with Rick". He has free resources on how to hire VAs to do the cold calling, etc. Pretty much guides to getting systems in place. The videos are in-depth, and it's completely free (for them it's a legacy project as they're already seven figure wholesalers themselves)

Last edited:

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
Quite honestly, I'm just scared man. I'd like to think I'm good at managing my money, I don't hardly spend it unless I'm buying another asset. But, I don't really know what to do now. Simply put, I feel like this is a different ball game than when I was trying to make my first 100k/year. I don't know what I don't know, So I'm curious to hear what people think I should know.
Assuming you mean you are afraid of losing it after making it?

I currently am on the train of put it in something somewhat safe that's easy to understand until you have time to understand any other investment you make. Storing cash in index funds and the like is an easy way to set up to push that cash in there and know it's relatively safe and "beating inflation" (*in a normal year i suppose!) While you keep your eye on what you know to keep generating it.

Anything anyone goes through as to what to do with it, will take you time to learn and split your focus.

My other suggestion is to spend some time at least once a month "networking" aka going to local meet up's and meeting others in business and making some friends.

maras2137

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Nov 19, 2021
AM 21 old an i'm want to get into this bussess too. Actually im looking for an apartament for renovation and resell with profit. Of course i have 0.0 USD 0.0 EURO. But everybody who deal with real estates im this way, say "you don't need money". On my country those people earn 1 milon in 1.5 - 3 Years! On August i get a ride to real estate conf. to make some friends to making money thogether. This od real fastline!

Tammyanne

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Jun 18, 2017
San Diego, CA
I usually don't give advice... I just share my experiences. But, I'm going to give advice:

If you are truly doing this yourself - get help. Now.
Build a team.
Lawyer. CPA. Banker

Maybe you have these, but, what about a manager?
COO. Someone to watch your back

You've launched a operation. Cool. You've hustled to build a great start.
Awesome.

What's the plan to sustain? To build a business that isn't just you grinding?
You're 23 and having success - AWESOME.

Stay humble. Keep your head down.
Expect kicks to the shins.
Expect a downturn.
Expect a crushing correction.

Be ready. Maybe it's time to pause, collect yourself.
Save cash for rainy day.
Build a team, consolidate.

Defend your castle - barbarians will come.
Build a killer team to keep growing with you. Find people you trust, build relationships.

That's what I would do.
So important having people in your inner circle with the same values, people you trust and make your life easier.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Hey @ChrisGav , I sent you a dm asking you some questions about your wholesaling process, but it would be even better if you shared with everyone here! I think the whole forum could greatly benefit from your skills and knowledge.

What kind of leads were you targeting? What's your process for contacting them, how do you interact with them, etc... Apparently you've had massive success!

Wish you a lot more of that too. All the best man.

Last edited by a moderator:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.