The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Local web design business execution after getting inspiration from @Andy Black

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...
D

Deleted74396

Good luck! I'm not much of an authority on the subject but I'd say the website needs to be more visually engaging, at the moment it's just text

Benji90

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Nov 3, 2019
Hey @SheikhNaveed you might want to double check for spelling errors on your site.

Also I noticed it took a while to load (using a mobile) so I ran a quick check and turns out it takes a little over 6 seconds to load, might want to speed it up a little.

Good luck though!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

SheikhNaveed

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Aug 16, 2017
Karachi
@Benji90 I will work to eliminate all plugins that are not adding value there, and use some minification and cache and will update that. Thanks for suggestion.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Check what it looks like on a mobile. Things seem a bit big.

Also switch from UPPERCASE (I did that with your thread subject line).

We put an darkened image in the background.

5A70799A-B867-4C44-99DD-09C8D0FDE6D7.png
3F4C097E-0048-4A37-9EAF-D3FB9568E328.png6FFBE20C-4D6E-4054-A9C3-B5FD160BC999.png

SheikhNaveed

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Aug 16, 2017
Karachi
@Andy Black I'm going to work to optimize mobile version as well as the copy for SEO purposes. I've used SEO Premium Pack.

That said, I don't understand what do you mean by
(I did that with your thread subject line).

We put an darkened image in the background.

On top of that, AdWords related links in your HOT TOPIC - Lead Gen for Local Service Businesses seem too advanced and it will take time to understand those concepts and apply them.

I'm thinking to use facebook target marketing as a first concept testing as that is cheap as compared to AdWords.

gryfny

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Jun 11, 2019
Europe
Hey @SheikhNaveed you might want to double check for spelling errors on your site.

This. There are some spelling errors, which do scare of potential clients.

Otherwise, the page looks great. I love the colors and how clean it looks. Keep us updated!

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Menery

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Sep 22, 2019

SkyLake

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
134%
Nov 29, 2016
Do you have any clients?

Get 10 clients first, focus on the website later.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Do you have any clients?

Get 10 clients first, focus on the website later.
I subscribe to this mindset. Create sites for clients and try to generate them leads. Take my guidance as a starting point and iterate from there.

10 years later and I still don’t have a website. I have andyblack dot net that redirects to my LinkedIn profile.

I spend my time building relationships and trying to generate leads for clients. Just doing that over the years brings me more inbound leads than I can deal with.

So you could build a site for yourself, or build one for a client and likely get paid in the process?

Keep going. Kudos for reading, implementing, and putting it out there.

SheikhNaveed

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Aug 16, 2017
Karachi

Also I noticed it took a while to load (using a mobile) so I ran a quick check and turns out it takes a little over 6 seconds to load, might want to speed it up a little.

Good luck though!
Thanks for mentioning. I've disabled all plugins and activated Fast Velocity Plugin and site takes around 3s in loading.

PizzaOnTheRoof

Moving Forward
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 30, 2018
Texas
At that homepage, I expect clients to come and select any divi layout and order. Those layouts are for inspiration of clients.
Perhaps you as the service provider/expert should know what’s best for them?

IMHO there’s too many choices: Overchoice - Wikipedia

Clients will see the enormous amount of template options and click off.

Not to mention templates might cheapen your brand. I wouldn’t associate a quality web design firm with using website templates.

I would keep the templates on the backend and create a little quiz/form clients can fill out so you know what’ll be a good fit.

The fewer steps customers will take to make contact the better.

Gar1od1

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
270%
Aug 29, 2017
Dublin
At that homepage, I expect clients to come and select any divi layout and order. Those layouts are for inspiration of clients.

Talk to the client and figure out what the problems are in their business, look at their competitor's websites and see what they are doing better or worse than your clients. Are you clients missing social proof, do you need to build up their authority within their niche?

What problems within their business could be solved by their new website, maybe they get too many calls because of a lack of information on the site, this has a knock-on effect meaning that their employees have to spend too much time on the phone, that means that the business isn't running as efficiently as it perhaps could.

The website should be about solving a real business need and to do that you need to talk with your client and see what problems exist within their business, them picking out a template from a tonne of options isn't going to solve that and as @PizzaOnTheRoof said above it will come across as a cheap brand at best.

PizzaOnTheRoof

Moving Forward
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 30, 2018
Texas
Talk to the client and figure out what the problems are in their business, look at their competitor's websites and see what they are doing better or worse than your clients. Are you clients missing social proof, do you need to build up their authority within their niche?

What problems within their business could be solved by their new website, maybe they get too many calls because of a lack of information on the site, this has a knock-on effect meaning that their employees have to spend too much time on the phone, that means that the business isn't running as efficiently as it perhaps could.

The website should be about solving a real business need and to do that you need to talk with your client and see what problems exist within their business, them picking out a template from a tonne of options isn't going to solve that and as @PizzaOnTheRoof said above it will come across as a cheap brand at best.
Whatever you expect your clients to do, rest assured some of them will do the exact opposite.

SheikhNaveed

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Aug 16, 2017
Karachi
I've redesigned the whole page on a new domain and thinking to run paid marketing. Here are three different page versions pages I've created.

Web Design Karachi ( for my local city ) Web Design Karachi | OnePixSell

Web Design New York
( for newyork based audience ) Web Design New York | OnePixSell

Web Design General ( for US based audience ) OnePixSell

For US/New York audience, I have bought a US number so that expected clients don't feel reluctant while they want to call.

Facebook Advertisement
I've chosen facebook over google ads due to budget limitations. If this business works using facebook ads, I'll test google ads as well.

So, I'll run $X compaign on facebook for 3 consecutive days for each page.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.