The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

EXECUTION Local web design business execution after getting inspiration from @Andy Black

elusive97

Bronze Contributor
Nov 28, 2019
Yorkshire
Good luck! I'm not much of an authority on the subject but I'd say the website needs to be more visually engaging, at the moment it's just text

Benji90

Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Nov 3, 2019
Hey @SheikhNaveed you might want to double check for spelling errors on your site.

Also I noticed it took a while to load (using a mobile) so I ran a quick check and turns out it takes a little over 6 seconds to load, might want to speed it up a little.

Good luck though!

OP
OP
SheikhNaveed

SheikhNaveed

New Contributor
Aug 16, 2017
Karachi
@Benji90 I will work to eliminate all plugins that are not adding value there, and use some minification and cache and will update that. Thanks for suggestion.

Andy Black

Any colour, as long as it's red.
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Check what it looks like on a mobile. Things seem a bit big.

Also switch from UPPERCASE (I did that with your thread subject line).

We put an darkened image in the background.

5A70799A-B867-4C44-99DD-09C8D0FDE6D7.png
3F4C097E-0048-4A37-9EAF-D3FB9568E328.png 6FFBE20C-4D6E-4054-A9C3-B5FD160BC999.png

OP
OP
SheikhNaveed

SheikhNaveed

New Contributor
Aug 16, 2017
Karachi
@Andy Black I'm going to work to optimize mobile version as well as the copy for SEO purposes. I've used SEO Premium Pack.

That said, I don't understand what do you mean by
(I did that with your thread subject line).

We put an darkened image in the background.
On top of that, AdWords related links in your HOT TOPIC - Lead Gen for Local Service Businesses seem too advanced and it will take time to understand those concepts and apply them.

I'm thinking to use facebook target marketing as a first concept testing as that is cheap as compared to AdWords.

gryfny

Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Jun 11, 2019
Europe
Hey @SheikhNaveed you might want to double check for spelling errors on your site.
This. There are some spelling errors, which do scare of potential clients.

Otherwise, the page looks great. I love the colors and how clean it looks. Keep us updated!

Andy Black

Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Mr992

Contributor
Nov 29, 2016
Do you have any clients?

Get 10 clients first, focus on the website later.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Andy Black

Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Do you have any clients?

Get 10 clients first, focus on the website later.
I subscribe to this mindset. Create sites for clients and try to generate them leads. Take my guidance as a starting point and iterate from there.

10 years later and I still don’t have a website. I have andyblack dot net that redirects to my LinkedIn profile.

I spend my time building relationships and trying to generate leads for clients. Just doing that over the years brings me more inbound leads than I can deal with.

So you could build a site for yourself, or build one for a client and likely get paid in the process?

Keep going. Kudos for reading, implementing, and putting it out there.

OP
OP
SheikhNaveed

SheikhNaveed

New Contributor
Aug 16, 2017
Karachi

Also I noticed it took a while to load (using a mobile) so I ran a quick check and turns out it takes a little over 6 seconds to load, might want to speed it up a little.

Good luck though!
Thanks for mentioning. I've disabled all plugins and activated Fast Velocity Plugin and site takes around 3s in loading.

PizzaOnTheRoof

Days Of Action: 0
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jul 30, 2018
Texas
At that homepage, I expect clients to come and select any divi layout and order. Those layouts are for inspiration of clients.
Perhaps you as the service provider/expert should know what’s best for them?

IMHO there’s too many choices: Overchoice - Wikipedia

Clients will see the enormous amount of template options and click off.

Not to mention templates might cheapen your brand. I wouldn’t associate a quality web design firm with using website templates.

I would keep the templates on the backend and create a little quiz/form clients can fill out so you know what’ll be a good fit.

The fewer steps customers will take to make contact the better.

Gar1od1

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Aug 29, 2017
Dublin
At that homepage, I expect clients to come and select any divi layout and order. Those layouts are for inspiration of clients.
Talk to the client and figure out what the problems are in their business, look at their competitor's websites and see what they are doing better or worse than your clients. Are you clients missing social proof, do you need to build up their authority within their niche?

What problems within their business could be solved by their new website, maybe they get too many calls because of a lack of information on the site, this has a knock-on effect meaning that their employees have to spend too much time on the phone, that means that the business isn't running as efficiently as it perhaps could.

The website should be about solving a real business need and to do that you need to talk with your client and see what problems exist within their business, them picking out a template from a tonne of options isn't going to solve that and as @PizzaOnTheRoof said above it will come across as a cheap brand at best.

PizzaOnTheRoof

Days Of Action: 0
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jul 30, 2018
Texas
Talk to the client and figure out what the problems are in their business, look at their competitor's websites and see what they are doing better or worse than your clients. Are you clients missing social proof, do you need to build up their authority within their niche?

What problems within their business could be solved by their new website, maybe they get too many calls because of a lack of information on the site, this has a knock-on effect meaning that their employees have to spend too much time on the phone, that means that the business isn't running as efficiently as it perhaps could.

The website should be about solving a real business need and to do that you need to talk with your client and see what problems exist within their business, them picking out a template from a tonne of options isn't going to solve that and as @PizzaOnTheRoof said above it will come across as a cheap brand at best.
Whatever you expect your clients to do, rest assured some of them will do the exact opposite.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
I bought 4 of his courses about freelancing / copywriting. I'm halfway through the first. The...

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom