The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Registration at the forum removes this block.

Listening to Intuition

Anything related to matters of the mind

Almantas

Nothing to Lose
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
475%
Dec 21, 2015
Ireland
Hi ladies and gentlemen!

So, I am terribly exhausted, but decided to pop in and share what I've experienced today.

If you haven't yet labelled me as strange/loco you'll definitely do so after this post lol.

As some of you know I am a hardcore salesman turned into a pussycat who is afraid of making any calls at all, due to belief that I am no good and my English has deteriorated. And all of this led me to considering an option of outsourcing customer service...

Deep down there's a voice that tells me to pick myself up and answer every-time a customer calls. Then, there's another voice that tells me my English is rotten and I should hide under the mop while watching others making calls for me...

So, I have shortlisted candidate for picking up customer calls and making calls whenever necessary. At first I thought it'll make me more relaxed, but it didn't happen - I, for some reason, am fuarkin' anxious and my mood just crashed - it literally crashed seconds after I spoke to a candidate. Not because he was bad. He was a great fit BTW. It just crashed and my conscious can't pick it up why it happened...

Then, I just lied on my bed thinking WTF had just happened and a tought entered my mind:

Forget recruitment. Go have a rest, hit the gym tomorrow morning, get refreshing shower and call all those 17 missed calls back with a confidence. This voice tells me that my previous consideration of outsourcing calls is F*cking ridiculous and it will crash my self-confidence even more, because as I mentioned in my other post, the only method to fix lack of self-esteem is by doing things we fear worst. This is the voice that is in a 'I don't give a F*ck if I fail' mode.

Sometimes I feel I may be bipolar, due to fluctuating moods. Other times I think I might have great sense of awareness.

Anyways, I know most of my post doesn't make sense and I sound like some nutcase, but I'll proceed and hit Create Thread button anyways!

Drop a reply if you've ever felt like this so we can both be insane, because being insane alone is not fun, lol.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Thoelt53

Gold Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
294%
Dec 8, 2016
Boston, MA
I don't think you're bipolar. People diagnosed with bipolar disorder display a different set of characteristics: a manic state lasting at least a week or more, followed by a depressed state lasting a week or more. If you've ever experienced a bipolar person, interacting with them in either state is like dealing with two entirely different people.

We all have that inner doubt demon that relentlessly tells us we suck, we can't do this or that, we're worthless, we're a loser, we're short, fat, ugly, etc.

Don't let it win. "Crush it in your mind vice" (to steal from 30 Rock). Keep beating it down and proving it wrong, and eventually this will build the confidence to denounce that voice the moment it presents itself. It sounds cliche but it works.

Everyone alive on this planet deals with the same issue (except perhaps sociopaths). If they say they don't, they're lying.

As for intuition: my understanding of intuition is a bit different than yours. In my experience it is a feeling in your gut. I can't quite put words to it but it's gotten me out of hairy situations in the past. If I had to guess, intuition is one's subconscious picking up on cues and attempting to alert the conscious mind of danger. I've never regretted listening to this "feeling." I do, however, have a few regrets resulting from ignoring it.

BTW, as a friend's mother told me long ago, "everyone is a a little f*cked up (crazy)."

Last edited:

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
Haha, languages are hard, add sales on top of it and wow...
No wonder you are nervous.
I'm the same way calling places in a second language.
I find it is best to just take charge of the call and say my side of things rather than get into a back and forth
I aim to get them LISTENING, thats all, then I prompt yes or no answers,
It makes it easier.

Good rest helps too of course
And stop acting like a pussycat, you don't need to put on that mask just to get people to "like" you, be yourself

Become a Fastlane Member Today to Read More or Comment.

This thread has
more posts!

Join MJ DeMarco's Inner Circle and Rub Shoulders with Other Millionaire Entrepreneurs

Imagine a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been the driving force of Fastlane, contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With over 38,000 posts game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve freedom. Join 90,000+ members and access a vast library of 1,000,000+ posts from entrepreneurs worldwide.

Fastlane isn’t just another community led by an absent guru. By joining, you enter MJ’s inner circle—a supportive home where you’re never alone. Embrace true mentorship and transform your entrepreneurial journey with the Fastlane Forum.

Basic Membership (Monthly)

• Read all threads in the main forums/categories.
  • Post comments in existing topics.
  • React to any comment/post.
  • Sort big threads by best posts.
  • Cancel anytime

$5 per month

Join Now

Basic Membership (Yearly)

• Save 22% vs monthly
  • Read all threads in the main forums/categories.
  • Post comments in existing topics.
  • React to any comment/post.
  • Sort big threads by best posts.
  • 30% Off a Yearly GoalSumo.com Subscription
  • Cancel anytime

$47 per year

Join Now

VIP Insider Membership

• Same as basic plus...
  • Guaranteed read and response from MJ DeMarco*
  • Access to the private Insider forum for more advanced users.
  • Bookmark any posts
  • No non-sponsor ads
  • 50% Off a Yearly GoalSumo.com Subscription ($34 Value)

$119.88 per year

Join Now

* If you post any question or problem within the INSIDER forum, this guarantees MJ will read and respond to your post to the best of his ability at least one time. This guarantee does not imply a lifetime dialogue or a personal ongoing mentorship. Again, MJ has authored more than 38,000 responses at this forum since 2007.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.