The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Listening to ANY crazy advice

Patoto

PARKED
Oct 10, 2019
Hi everyone.
I've been looking for a while for something that I can dedicate my life to, kind of like a life purpose, and I really want to find something amazing that I'm passionate about, so I'm here to listen to ANY advice and ANY possibility.

I know I love video games, and I've developed games for about 10 years now. (I'm 24)
But I also know I love expressing myself physically and vocally, like moving and talking and laughing, and I really don't get to do that making videogames. Making videogames is mostly about being on a computer.

I'm looking for something that has the beauty of a really inspirational video game, or any form of art, but that also allows you to express yourself physically and vocally.
(It can be something that already exists, or a crazy new possibility)

I'm open to ANY POSSIBILITY, I'm here to listen to your advice, and to answer any of your questions.
I've tried to find the answer to this on my own for months now, and now I've realized that I need external feedback and perspectives, so when I say that I'm open to any advice or idea, I mean it.

TL;DR
Is there anything out there that has the beauty of a really inspirational video game, or any form of art, but that also allows you to express yourself physically and vocally?

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

broswoodwork

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Oct 16, 2015
Hi everyone.
I've been looking for a while for something that I can dedicate my life to, kind of like a life purpose, and I really want to find something amazing that I'm passionate about, so I'm here to listen to ANY advice and ANY possibility.

I know I love video games, and I've developed games for about 10 years now. (I'm 24)
But I also know I love expressing myself physically and vocally, like moving and talking and laughing, and I really don't get to do that making videogames. Making videogames is mostly about being on a computer.

I'm looking for something that has the beauty of a really inspirational video game, or any form of art, but that also allows you to express yourself physically and vocally.
(It can be something that already exists, or a crazy new possibility)

I'm open to ANY POSSIBILITY, I'm here to listen to your advice, and to answer any of your questions.
I've tried to find the answer to this on my own for months now, and now I've realized that I need external feedback and perspectives, so when I say that I'm open to any advice or idea, I mean it.

TL;DR
Is there anything out there that has the beauty of a really inspirational video game, or any form of art, but that also allows you to express yourself physically and vocally?
Dance Dance Revolution?

snowbank

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Aug 10, 2007
Austin, TX
I've been looking for a while for something that I can dedicate my life to, kind of like a life purpose
I've tried to find the answer to this on my own for months now
This is epic on so many levels.

Secret: most people in their 30s, 40s, 50s, 60s are still 'searching for their purpose'. And many spend years or decades, not months. Or they've stopped searching because that's not exactly the point.

Your purpose will change as you evolve and things evolve around you

Enjoy the ride because it's a long game, but it's also a short one.

Rabby

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
Join the Army, they said. See the world, they said...

Um, ok how about life? If you go outdoors and do things and talk to people, you're "expressing" yourself physically and vocally. Bonus: do this in places with open landscapes, mountains, or other scenic and panoramic views, and you have all the beauty and awe you're looking for.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Bekit

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
Aug 13, 2018
With all due respect, is it possible that you're off track when looking for the thing that you're passionate about, the thing that will fulfill you, the thing that merges all the best qualities of the things you enjoy most?

At 24, I also wanted something like this. I wanted something where work didn't feel like work. I wanted to pursue something grand with my life, but I also didn't want to sweat, work long hours, or have to exercise any patience or discipline or self-denial in the pursuit of a long term goal.

Essentially, I wanted to live a wealthy, luxurious lifestyle without going through the hassle of actually finding a way to earn the wealth.

Not saying this is you, but it's worth checking.

"Follow your passion" is a mainstream message, but here on this forum and in MJ's books, that idea is debunked.

Screening everything through, "but is this my passion though?" is a great way to fail to identify true opportunity.

Check out this thread for a great example of this in real life:

Fast forward to around 3 years ago and my wife, who is a beautician by trade suggested that I should look into importing and selling some of the products she regularly buys for her salon. Not exactly the business I dreamed of owning but I thought F*ck it, why not at least look into it. I also soon realised that as MJ points out, you don’t have to be passionate about the niche or even know much about it to be passionate and obsessive about building a business around it.
MythofSisyphus didn't follow his passion, but now he is making 7x more than he was making as an IT professional working at a soul-sucking job. Now he can pursue any passion he wants.

I would encourage you to broaden your search criteria to admit the type of work that will actually set you on a trajectory towards the fastlane.

Good luck!

Read the books if you haven't already.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom