• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

NOTABLE! Lex DeVille's - How I Bought a $4k Laser and Started an Engraving Side Hustle for Free (super easy)

Discussion in 'Hustles, Freelancing, Bootstrapping' started by Lex DeVille, Apr 14, 2019.

1. Bishop

Bishop Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $574
    My Post.jpg

2. Lex DeVille

Lex DeVille Sweeping Shadows from Dreams Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $54,343
    Look what I woke up to. Another $100 someone else let slip by.
    Screenshot 2019-04-24 at 1.36.27 AM.png

3. njord

njord Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $650
    look Im a little carefull because iv aready burned my self investing in 4k in a amazon product that flopped, yes i took shortcuts and dident spend enough time on researching the market. So I dont want to make the same misstake again.

Anyway I cant use the glowforge payment plan because im in the EU so ill have to save up or wait till i have my morgage in the mean time i will to find a niche where i can sell to.
    And then i can use a payed lazer service to make my first products.

Its not that im doing nothing i just dont want to burn all my cash anymore:happy:

Btw i also want to know more about lazer engraving why did you chose a C02 lazer? Whats the diffence between c02 and diode lazer ect. I would like to know more about these things before i start.
    Also a college of mine told me you need to be carefull what matierals you use some plastics release vapers that can condence on the lens of the lazer what will massively decrease the life time or you need have it cleaned/replaced ect.
    Also good to know what are the maintaince costs are and what you can expect to pay to keep your lazer running ect.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2019
  4. Lex DeVille

Lex DeVille Sweeping Shadows from Dreams Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $54,343
    You can research this on Google. I don't know the difference in all of the different laser types or maintenance costs. I only use Glowforge materials which are designed to work with Glowforge lasers. It doesn't really matter what the maintenance costs are because I don't pay them out of pocket. My customers do.

guaava23 likes this.
  5. guaava23

guaava23 Ready for the FastLane Living! Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $114
    YouTube and google are your friend. You can find videos and articles on which materials you shouldn’t use. PS. start with the materials Glowforge recmmmends.

Lex DeVille likes this.
  6. Lex DeVille

Rep Bank:
    $54,343
    Ironically, this is the exact reason I'm earning referral commissions. People want all their fears and concerns answered before they buy. They want a 100% guarantee they will succeed. So they go to YouTube looking for an authority to put their mind at ease. They watch my videos because I'm the only one doing something, and then they find the link and buy.

Sidney_781, Andy Black and guaava23 like this.
  7. Andy Black

Andy Black Any colour, as long as it's red. Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $187,193
    Good old YouTube.

People go to Amazon to buy stuff.
    They go to Google to find stuff (and buy stuff).
    They go to YouTube to be entertained, and to learn stuff.

Do you think they're doing the same searches on Google @Lex DeVille ? (Hint, hint.)

guaava23, Sidney_781 and Lex DeVille like this.
  8. guaava23

guaava23 Ready for the FastLane Living! Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $114
    Hmm, are you saying you use Keyword planner or something like it to frame the videos @Lex DeVille created?

9. guaava23

Rep Bank:
    $114
    This thread came at a good time for me. I started thinking, "What product(s) that I like or have, can I promote the heck out of and get referral income from affiliates?" I have already done this similar to Lex, when I bought a Remarkable Tablet in December 2018. Too bad I didn't read the fine print. I bought it knowing there was a referral program, and you got $100 for each referral. I bought it as well since I thought I could be highly productive with it. I created videos and promoted it, and Viola! I got it free ($600) within 2 months. The too bad part is that the fine print said you can only get what you paid for it, and I am currently in the potential $2500 range 3 months after! Hopefully Glowforge has an unlimited program in the amount you can get. I know a lot of people got a Tesla for close to free using this method as well.

My plan now is to expand my skills with Action using affiilate promotion. It's not something to get rich on, but I plan to 1. Cover the expenses of anything I actually buy and 2. Create enough monthly income by promoting enough products that generate what pays my mortgage and car payments. 3. Continue to add new affilates in my system each month to allow for products that go away, referral programs that go bust or whatever else that happens as a contingency.

The skills part, I am going to use SEO (looking at you @Andy Black) and copywriting @Lex DeVille , among other things. The thing that really motivates me and keeps things clear is that I have done it already. Things that I need to do is find products that have better referrals through the manufacturers (not Amazon Affiliate) and whatever ways I can maximize the sale. I can go all out and create a site, blog, or whatever, but I did it simply with ugly videos compared to Lex's on Glowforge. I'll go MVP and just do it. Let's see how it goes. I'm ready for some quick wins.[/QUOTE]

Last edited: Apr 24, 2019
    njord and Lex DeVille like this.
  10. Sander

Sander But I get up again... Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,302
    Maybe it's even possible to rent the product for a day or two, create a nice couple of videos and earn money through affiliate referrals. Money you can use to pay for the equipment payments or invest in another business.

Lex DeVille and MustImprove like this.
  11. Lex DeVille

Rep Bank:
    $54,343
    Always nice to wake up to a $500 deposit I didn't have to work for. No new videos. No new links posted.

Plus there's another one on the way this month. It hasn't finalized yet, so I don't know the amount. But it's coming. Plus I sold about $200 worth of laser engravings so far for May.
    Screenshot 2019-05-10 at 2.47.55 AM.png

Neng Her, LifeTransformer and Timmy C like this.
  12. Matt Hunt

Matt Hunt New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $86
    Well this is awesome! I just might do this. I'm sure I could come up with some products that would sell through my niche on YouTube!

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.