The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
I purchased two of the courses during the last sale for about ~$22.

I got the "Start a Freelance Business: Take Back Your Freedom Now! " and the "Freelance Mindset: Become an Unstoppable Freelance Force!" I took what I learned from those and headed towards Upwork. After about two days of crafting my profile based on his courses I was approved and applying for jobs.

The next thing I took from the course was the strategy to build momentum. Take small jobs to get testimonials and reviews. I am in the IT/Sys Admin space so things like data entry is where I started. Sent in my YOU focused proposal and got hired after 1 try. The job pays out $40 after Upwork takes their cut...looks like I already paid those courses off! Once I finish the job I'll hopefully have my first rating too.

Now I need to continue this momentum and get other jobs. I'm thinking I'll sign up on PeoplePerHour as well...

Lex's courses were super helpful and got me to take my first step. What he says in those videos are still relevant. Thanks Lex! You the man and keep it up.

Thanks for sharing your experiences Evan. I really appreciate the feedback, and I'm glad you found the courses helpful!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

kleine2

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
Sep 15, 2013
**IMPORTANT** CURRENT PROMOS ARE IN THE LATEST POST FROM THIS THREAD. USE THE LINKS IN THE LATEST POST TO GET CURRENT DISCOUNTS!

Over the past few months I've shared a lot of experienced-based training through inexpensive Udemy courses. The goal was to help freelance entrepreneurs learn the tools I used to grow two full-time freelance incomes from scratch.

Each course covers one area of entrepreneurship. Topics are delivered in a clear, direct way, very little fluff. The idea is to give you only what you need to get up and earning fast. Inside each course you will find helpful practice activities, quizzes and access to our growing Facebook Group.

Below is a list of available programs. Most people start with "Start a Freelance Business" and then continue into the Upwork courses since there are a lot of Upworkers out there. But even if you're not on Upwork you can find these courses useful for you.

If you're wandering in circles looking for direction, consider training with me. Find the course that's right for you and
put yourself in it now!

GENERAL FREELANCE COURSES
Start a Freelance Business: Take Back Your Freedom Now!
Freelance Copywriting: Write Dirty. Go Big. Start Now!
Freelance Article Writing: Write Your Way to Pay Today!
Freelance Mindset: Become an Unstoppable Freelance Force!
Difficult Clients: What to Do When Freelance Clients Go Bad!

UPWORK FOCUSED COURSES
Advanced Upwork Proposals: Tips to 10x Client Responses Fast!
Advanced Upwork Interviews: A Simple Way to Earn High Pay!
Advanced Upwork Profiles: Craft a Magnetic Profile Today!
Beyond Upwork: How to Find Freelance Clients Outside of Upwork!

ENNEAGRAM PERSONALITY COURSES
Enneagram: A Simple Introduction to the Nine Types!
Enneagram Type 1: A Critical Look Inside the Reformer's Mind!

Here's what some students over the past month said:

View attachment 28154

View attachment 28156

View attachment 28157

View attachment 28158

View attachment 28155

P.S. After going through the courses, please add a review. I don't make updates fast, but I do update the courses from time to time and I try to address issues and student feedback when I can. So if there's something you'd like to let me know, or would like to see added or covered in the future, please add a review. Thank you.
I'm curious where you learnt about the enneagram from. I'm also a big fan.

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
I'm curious where you learnt about the enneagram from. I'm also a big fan.

A variety of places. Books, courses, experts in my network etc. One of my favorite books is called "The Wisdom of the Enneagram" by Don Riso & Russ Hudson. Helen Palmer's book, "Enneagram" is also very good.

I can't remember which author talks about the nine types and their arrows and wings in terms of patterns instead of absolutes, but I think it was Ginger Lapid-Bogda or Helen Palmer. It's an important perspective, but I can't recall which book that is in.

Between those three authors you can get a solid introduction to the Enneagram and some of the theories behind it.

Pavan M.

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Dec 3, 2018
I purchased two of the courses during the last sale for about ~$22.

I got the "Start a Freelance Business: Take Back Your Freedom Now! " and the "Freelance Mindset: Become an Unstoppable Freelance Force!" I took what I learned from those and headed towards Upwork. After about two days of crafting my profile based on his courses I was approved and applying for jobs.

The next thing I took from the course was the strategy to build momentum. Take small jobs to get testimonials and reviews. I am in the IT/Sys Admin space so things like data entry is where I started. Sent in my YOU focused proposal and got hired after 1 try. The job pays out $40 after Upwork takes their cut...looks like I already paid those courses off! Once I finish the job I'll hopefully have my first rating too.

Now I need to continue this momentum and get other jobs. I'm thinking I'll sign up on PeoplePerHour as well...

Lex's courses were super helpful and got me to take my first step. What he says in those videos are still relevant. Thanks Lex! You the man and keep it up.
Congrats Evan G .
That's a great Start.. All the best!

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Ginger Lapid-Bogda has written a lot of books on using Enneagram. Which one of those would you recommend?

They're all pretty good. I liked "Bringing Out the Best of Yourself at Work" since it deals with the dynamics of workplace interactions using the Enneagram. Seems a bit more practical than some of the Enneagram books which primarily focus on defining the nine types/wings/arrows/levels of health etc.

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
For anyone considering my courses, here are some comments from members just this month. None of these were solicited. There are many more reviews you can read on Udemy (both good and bad) for every course I have published.

Also, remember that you can get my entire process in this free NOTABLE thread that walks you through how to get started. It's good enough for anyone to get started and make money who really wants to. The courses are for those who asked for them, and for those who want to go deeper with my training.

Cristian.PNGLisa.PNGMustafa.PNGPhilip.PNGZeeshan 1.PNG

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Our mask ordinance just expired. A city council vote took place hours before its expiration, but the vote didn't pass. I haven't watched the news in weeks, but it feels like we're entering a new world, at least locally. So I made the coupon code NEWWORLD for this month. Good for the next few days.

New Courses Coming Soon
I have several courses that are "in-progress" that I haven't had time to finish. But some space opened up this week, so I'll be finishing some of those shortly. The closest to being finished is a due diligence course to help you avoid getting scammed by gurus. Anyway, just thought I'd share.

Get your freelance training below:

GET UPWORK TRAINING
(best for those who want to make money on Upwork)

- Get Approved on Upwork: How to Get Approved Your First Try!

- Advanced Upwork Proposals: Tips to 10x Client Responses Fast!

- Advanced Upwork Proposals II: More Responses. More Results!

- Advanced Upwork Interviews: A Simple Way to Earn High Pay!

- Advanced Upwork Profiles: Craft a Magnetic Profile Today!

- Beyond Upwork: How to Find Freelance Clients Outside of Upwork!

- Upwork Client Psychology I: How Freelance Clients Think Decide & Act!

GET FREELANCE TRAINING
(best for those who want to get into freelancing)

- Start a Freelance Business: Take Back Your Freedom Now!

- Freelance Copywriting: Write Dirty. Go Big. Start Now!

- Freelance Article Writing: Write Your Way to Pay Today!

- Freelance Mindset: Become an Unstoppable Freelance Force!

- Difficult Clients: What to Do When Freelance Clients Go Bad!

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Seven years ago I missed a chance to do something really important to me. It left me with a deep sense of regret, and I know that if I don't act now, I'll take that to my grave.

So, this week I set out to discover if I could get a second chance. I don't know if I'll get it, and even if I do, I don't know if I'll succeed. But I know if I don't try, I'll regret it for the rest of my life.

So I have to. I have to do it for myself, and for everyone who has ever followed me because I'm the real f*cking deal and I want those who train with me to know that. In honor of this challenge I've accepted for myself, this month's promo code is NOREGRETS.

Find the courses you need right now below and get them.

P.S.
My I've opened up my Enneagram courses and they're on promo for now too.

GET UPWORK TRAINING

GET FREELANCE TRAINING

GET ENNEAGRAM TRAINING

- Enneagram: A Simple Introduction to the Nine Types

- Enneagram Type 1: A Critical Look at the Reformer's Mind

Whether you enroll in my courses or not, I sincerely hope you will take a moment this week to reflect on your life and find those moments where you stood before the doors of greatness, but chose not to enter. If you find that those moments left any regret in you at all, then I also hope you'll choose to do something about it now.

Happy October,
Lex DeVille

Other P.S. I've finished the script modules for my freelance email copywriting course. I'll start recording a bit later this week and hopefully will have it ready to publish next week.

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
My Udemy journey started at the end of 2017 after my first daughter was born. Since then, I've done my best to train freelancers by sharing insights from my experiences for prices so low anyone could afford them.

To date, I've amassed nearly 11,000 Udemy enrollments with many students earning full-time freelance incomes. Some even reported crossing the six-figure mark thanks to what they learned.

I am extremely pleased by your reports of success and eternally grateful that you gave my courses a chance.

Thank you.

This announcement is to let you know that I will remove all of my courses from Udemy by December 31st, 2020.

Going forward, I will launch new courses on a platform I control. I will overhaul and relaunch some of my current courses. Low performing courses will be ended forever.

This is one of the last promos I will run before the migration.

If you want my freelance training at the lowest prices you will ever see again, then you need to act now.

Get the training you need on promo before it's gone.

GET UPWORK TRAINING

GET FREELANCE TRAINING

GET GURU TRAINING

- Due Diligence: Spot Fake Guru Scams and Save Your Cash

GET ENNEAGRAM TRAINING

Anyone who has purchased one of my Udemy courses will have lifetime access to that course's material through Udemy even after the migration.

Thanks again for your support.

I look forward to the new paths we all take heading into 2021.

Kind Regards,
Lex DeVille

Last edited:

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Hey @Lex DeVille ! Having some issues with the NOREGRETS code? Udemy thinks it has expired?

Maybe im doing something wrong - Thanks for your contributions :D

Sorry for not responding. I must have overlooked your message. The promos only last 5 days on Udemy. After that, Udemy ends them. One more reason I'm leaving Udemy.

Last edited:

fredrtg

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Oct 29, 2020
Worcester, Massachusetts
Hi @Lex DeVille I am considering buying all the "Get Upwork Training" and "Get Freelance Training" courses as soon as they go on sale on Udemy again and doing a sort of Personal/Action challenge of taking the 12 courses and implementing them from scratch with no prior knowledge of freelancing for 30 days and seeing what I can learn and accomplish. I was looking at the courses and trying to configure the best order in which to take them and realized the best thing to do is to ask the creator himself for his opinion. If possible do you have an order in which you recommend taking the courses? Thanks in advance for any feedback!

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Hi @Lex DeVille I am considering buying all the "Get Upwork Training" and "Get Freelance Training" courses as soon as they go on sale on Udemy again and doing a sort of Personal/Action challenge of taking the 12 courses and implementing them from scratch with no prior knowledge of freelancing for 30 days and seeing what I can learn and accomplish. I was looking at the courses and trying to configure the best order in which to take them and realized the best thing to do is to ask the creator himself for his opinion. If possible do you have an order in which you recommend taking the courses? Thanks in advance for any feedback!

I recommend starting with Start a Freelance Business or the Freelance Mindset course. After that, it doesn't matter which order you go in for the most part, although I would recommend adding Advanced Upwork Proposals and Advanced Upwork Interviews at some point. Even if you don't use the freelance platforms, the information from those two courses will be helpful.

fredrtg

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Oct 29, 2020
Worcester, Massachusetts
I recommend starting with Start a Freelance Business or the Freelance Mindset course. After that, it doesn't matter which order you go in for the most part, although I would recommend adding Advanced Upwork Proposals and Advanced Upwork Interviews at some point. Even if you don't use the freelance platforms, the information from those two courses will be helpful.
Thanks for the information @Lex DeVille ! I am planning on taking all the Upwork courses and all the Freelance courses so that I can learn the skills and then use them to see what I can accomplish on Upworks. Now to do some background research by reading yours and others great post about freelance! Thanks again for all the free information I am just discovering :D

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
If you read the last message then you know I'm removing my courses from Udemy next month.

You will NOT lose access to courses you've already purchased through Udemy.

This is the last Black Friday sale I will do on Udemy.

It is one of the very last chances you will have to get these courses at the lowest individual prices they will ever be.

Click any link below to get the training you need on discount through Saturday.
(Limited-Time Offer!)

GET UPWORK TRAINING

GET FREELANCE TRAINING

GET GURU TRAINING

GET ENNEAGRAM TRAINING

Stay Evil,
Lex DeVille

longjca

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
Jun 21, 2020
Littleton, CO
If you read the last message then you know I'm removing my courses from Udemy next month.

You will NOT lose access to courses you've already purchased through Udemy.

This is the last Black Friday sale I will do on Udemy.

It is one of the very last chances you will have to get these courses at the lowest individual prices they will ever be.

Click any link below to get the training you need on discount through Saturday.
(Limited-Time Offer!)

GET UPWORK TRAINING

GET FREELANCE TRAINING

GET GURU TRAINING

GET ENNEAGRAM TRAINING

Stay Evil,
Lex DeVille
Bought most of your courses. going to dig through them right away. I'm probably going to look outside of upwork as well so I followed your previous advice of taking on Start a Freelance and then going into Upwork Interviews and Advanced Proposals I and II

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
A week ago someone asked if one of my courses is still relevant (referring to the Upwork profiles course). Though I haven't updated the material, another student answered to let the first student know that it is still very much relevant and can be applied although Upwork's layout has changed.

I have around 15 courses on Udemy. Most of them are about freelancing or writing. The courses sell for $9.99 to $12.99 when they're on promo. I've tried to create the courses in a way that would make them relevant for many years, though some aspects of a system such as Upwork might change.

Though they are relevant, I am not updating the courses. They are worth the price as they are, and I am no longer freelancing anyway. Haven't freelanced in over two years. That doesn't make the training less relevant or beneficial, but I like to be transparent about these things.

It's kind of like buying a great book by a dead author. The author isn't coming back to update that book, but the content is good anyway. There is still plenty to learn for the price. That's what's up with my courses. They are out there, and the material is good. But I am not updating them because I'd have to feed you false info based on theory instead of current experience to offer updates.

Anyway, if you want the courses, they're currently on promo for a few more days:

Use promo code: HAPPYPATTY for a limited-time discount on any of my courses.

Enroll using any of the links below:

GET UPWORK TRAINING

GET FREELANCE TRAINING

GET GURU TRAINING

GET ENNEAGRAM TRAINING

March On!
Lex DeVille

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Should I make more Udemy courses?

If so, which of my subject areas would you want courses on?
  • Psychology / Influence & Persuasion
  • NLP / Hypnosis / Guru Tactics
  • NLP / Hypnosis / Enneagram Techniques for Writers
  • Passive Income Businesses
I probably won't make more freelance courses because I don't feel like I have much value left to add beyond what is already available in my current courses. Anyway, comment or message me and let me know.

April Promos (Better Late Than Never!)
This promo is for the risk takers out there. I love people who take risks when they know there's a good chance it will pay off.

Use Code: RISKTAKER

Good for the next few days only!

Enroll using any of the links below:

GET UPWORK TRAINING

GET FREELANCE TRAINING

GET GURU TRAINING

GET ENNEAGRAM TRAINING

Thanks everyone!

Lex

Koen_88

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Jun 6, 2017
Netherlands
I have a long weekend off work.. bought your "Start a Freelance Business: Take Back Your Freedom Now!" course. Curious what the course entails!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.