The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Lex DeVille's: 15 Days to Freedom - Make Money Copywriting in 15 Days or Less

RG17

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Oct 22, 2016
What's up RG, this is better than my first copy lol. But I'd say you definitely need to make this much more believable. If you can't use credibility I would recommend making the beach story longer and more detailed. Make them desire the ebook without even knowing for sure if it works. Good job, keep writing.
I'll keep that in mind during today's activity. Thank you for the advice!

Day 5:

I did my writing on Halo Top ice cream. This ended up being only a half page rather than a full page because I didn't know what else to add. Any advice on this would also be greatly appreciated.

Bodybuilders Use This Secret Food to Enhance Performance

Are you tired of eating clean? Wouldn’t it be great to have a cheat meal without ruining your macros? We’ve got your back.

Introducing Halo Top ice cream—Yes, you heard that correctly. This low fat, low sugar, high protein ice cream is the key to staying on a diet.

The best part? It only costs $5.99.

Just imagine. You complete a tiring workout in the gym, and are absolutely starving. You are craving something sweet and delicious.

This is your solution.

Now sold at supermarkets all over the world, you have the opportunity to get your hands on some. Trust me, you won’t regret it.

Click here to visit Halo Top’s website.​

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

RG17

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Oct 22, 2016
I've started applying to Fiverr gigs using copy technique that I learned in this thread. Although they are mostly for graphic design, I think my offers will stand out. Anyway, here is my day 9 writing, if anyone has any feedback I'd love to hear it.

Day 9 Paragraphs:

3 Shocking Tactics to Enhance Your Mood

Does your mood change constantly? Are you having a “bad day” several times a week? I know what this feels like. And I was sick of feeling bad, so I decided to do something about it. I am going to share with you the tactics I use to keep a good mood that I have discovered through
extensive research.

I’m willing to bet you sleep next to your phone, and go on it once you wake up. Stop doing this. Move your phone to a different room. Stay off electronics an hour before bed. Buy a real alarm clock. You may not even need an alarm clock. You will get better sleep and wake up feeling great.

Don’t have a gym membership? I can’t say I’m surprised. Lifting weights and exercising does wonders for your mental state. Once I got a gym membership, I transformed into a happier person – and fitter! Make it a habit to get some form of exercise at least three times a week.

While you are in the gym, make sure to sit in the sauna. If your gym doesn’t have a sauna, find a place to go where you can access one. The sauna removes toxins from your body and enhances your mood. Sitting in the sauna for just ten minutes can completely change your day! Be sure to stay hydrated, and don’t stay in too long if you feel overheated.

These tactics have benefitted every single one of my friends who have dealt with this issue. I highly recommend these tactics – just imagine how you will benefit, being able to maintain a good mood every day.​

clear

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
109%
Jun 7, 2017
India
@SinisterLex, Your thread kicks-a$$

I hope to get a lot out of it.

I chose to post Day 2...

1. Product/Startup Idea Validator (Product/Service)

Who am I? (Target Market)
- Primarily Male, 18 to 45 years old, very critical of spending money
What do I want? (Desire)
- Quick and early proof that my startup idea will make me money - before I launch it.
Why do I want it? (Emotion)
- Confidence that my efforts are going to pay off. Security from loss of money. Peace of mind.

Headline:
"How To Validate Your Startup Idea Before You Quit Your Job"

2. Video Game Bundle (Product)
- Young, 18 to 30 years old, primarily male
What do I want? (Desire)
- Getting a shitload of awesome video games dirt cheap
- Finding a killer deal makes me feel like a badass. I'll save money for other gratification pursuits.

Headline:
"Grab This Huge Video Game Collection For Next To Nothing"

3. New Smartphone (Product)
- Young, 18 to 25 years old, primarily male
What do I want? (Desire)
- Great Specs, The latest Android OS
- It'll give me a feeling of superiority among friends, choosing the right smartphone will enhance my self-esteem, and it'll make me look intelligent

Headline:
"Wait Till Your Friends Hear About Your Powerful New Gaming Phone"

4. 90s Toyfare Magazine (Product)
- Young, 19 to 25 years old, primarily male
What do I want? (Desire)
- A momento to help me remember the 90s, a collectible that brings back the nostalgic feelings from the 90s
- I can hold on to my feelings of nostalgia, I'll feel fulfilled

Headline:
"You Can Be A 90s Kid Again"

5. SEO (Service)
- Primarily Male, Few Females, 18 to 55 years old
What do I want? (Desire)
- I want my site to show on the top of the first page of google search results
- SEO will make me feel like my site is being recognized, It'll make me feel superior

Headline:
"Seize The #1 Rank For Your Keyword On Google"

I welcome your critique with open arms.

Personal Tip: I find it very useful and effective to write with a pencil.

On to Day 3...

Last edited:

Process

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Jul 19, 2017
Solving Pain
Day 1:

I convinced my friend to buy Unscripted . He's the kinda guy with sporadic execution, and occassional action faking. BUT he is sick and tired of living the same mediocre existence...

This gave me the hook to capture his undivided attention. All I did was recognized he had that forlorn expression on his face. So as a helpful friend, I said, "The grind got ya down?" The look on his face then said it all.

From there, I mentioned... Life sure can be bullshit, huh? What if there was a way of seeing things that airblasts away the BS that saturates every aspect of your life?

He really perked up from there. (I had to be careful at this point since he was driving)

So anyways...

I told him that I've been reading two books that put it all in actionable perspective. Then I asked, "Are you ready for them?"

"Hell yes," he said.

Now I knew I had him. So I said, "It is only for people who are sick and absolfuckinglutely done being shit on. Are you sure?"

"Yes, what the hell is it?"

"Ok why don't you pull over right into the plaza on our right, park and log into Amazon?", I said.

"Ok... now what?"

"It is called Unscripted , buy it now, you have prime shipping, so it costs nothing to get it now."

He did and breathed a sigh of relief. Value Added

TLDR; I entered the conversation in his head, identified his pain points, hinted at a solution, and accepted nothing less than a decision right now, then I reduced the resistance to acting on that decision immediately. The value of ending his pain was much more than spending some paper with pictures of dead guys on it.

Last edited:

Process

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Jul 19, 2017
Solving Pain
Day 2 | Technique Lesson 1
Make Them STOP!

View attachment 9416

Stop signs share an important message worth exploring. When we see a stop sign, we know what to do. We stop. But why? What specifically makes us stop?

Forget the fact that we've been trained for more than a century to stop at red, octagon-shaped signs. Instead, let's consider the deeper message. Let's think about what the word S.T.O.P. actually does.

The word STOP triggers something in our mind. That something is fear. On a deeper level, it's our survival instinct. STOP taps into our desire to live. If we blow through a STOP sign then we're at much greater risk of death by car accident, and that's something we want to avoid.

STOP also triggers very powerful emotions. When we see a stop sign, we instantly process the following:

If I don't stop it could get my whole family killed.

If I don't stop I could be responsible for the death of someone else.

If I don't stop I could wreck my car, and lose (insert any number of things here).

Now let's look at how this message applies to copywriting, and how we can use it. STOP is a short, 4 letter Headline in all CAPITAL LETTERS, almost always printed in bold. It taps into our basic desire to live, and the emotions surrounding the negative impact of our actions if we ignore it, and it almost always gets our attention.

STOP signs exist for 1 reason - to make us STOP!
When we stop we can think. When we think we can observe. When we observe, we take in more info that helps us decide if it's safe to proceed, and this is exactly what your headline must accomplish!

The first goal of your headline is to make them STOP!

If a prospect doesn't stop, they won't think, and they won't proceed through your text. That means they won't buy anything either. So the first technique of copy that sells is a headline that makes them STOP!

How do I make them stop?

This is where desire & emotion come into play. Now, some books will tell you that you have to tap into desire, and others say you only need emotion. Both can work alone, but they work way better together.

But before they can work at all, you have to tap into the right desire & emotion.
To do that you MUST change your perspective. You have to think in terms of them, not you. By shifting your perspective you can ask questions that gain clarity about what your prospects really want, instead of assuming you know what they want.

Let's look at how two popular books accomplish this.

"The Automatic Millionaire" & "The Millionaire Fastlane "

Two very different books that are both top-sellers. One sells the idea of saving coffee change, while the other sells the idea of starting a business. So, why don't either of these books mention anything about saving money, or starting businesses in their headline?

Because the reader doesn't desire those things, and doesn't connect emotionally either!

Instead they had to get inside their reader's mind and ask the right questions.

Young, 18 to 30 year olds, primarily male.

What do I want? (Desire)
Fast money, fast cars, to not have to work for money or riches. Freedom from jobs.

Money, & super cars will make me powerful & seductive.

What if TMF used this headline instead:

Get Rich by Starting a Business and Failing a Lot.

Would you have stopped? Would you have opened the book? Would you have read the first line? Would you have still dedicated your entire life to making this shit work no matter what? Would you even be here right now?!

Probably not, because the headline doesn't speak to you personally. It doesn't tap into your desires or emotions. It doesn't give you a reason to care.

A lot of psychology goes into your headline, but you don't have to spend 10 years learning about it to be effective. All you have to do is ask questions from the prospect's perspective and figure out what they really want. Then find a way to write it in your headline.

Now that you know that your headline's ultimate goal is to make them STOP by tapping into desire & emotion, let's check out some ways you can enhance your headlines.

1. If it's 3 words or less, use ALL CAPITAL LETTERS.
----- "INSTANT CASH LOANS"

2. If it's more than 3 words, Only Capitalize the First Letter of Each Word, Following Basic Grammar Rules.
----- "Big Johnson's Beer & Liquor if We Don't Have It, We'll Get It!"

3. If you can tap into desire / emotion & be creative, then your headline will have more power.
----- "Unleashing the SUPER Ideavirus - Ideas that Spread, Win"

4. Length is based on the headline's goal. If you need it processed fast, then use less words.
----- "How to Win Friends & Influence People"

5. Get rid of extra words. Every word must have a purpose.
----- "Here's How You Can Switch Gears, Downshift, & Drive Into the Millionaire Fastlane .
vs. "The Millionaire Fastlane " - Way less words. Way more impact.

6. If you can add subtle influence to your headline, such as a CTA, you'll add power.
----- "NOW! Get a FREE Animal Tail Butt Plug with Every Vibrating Prostate Massager!"

^
(Now, that's a deal you can't pass up!)

You don't have to be a copywriter to get good at writing headlines. All you need is practice. Take your time, and give every product, website, or cover letter serious thought. It may take you 2 hours to come up with something, but when you get it right it works pretty much every time.

Remember, Your #1 Goal is to MAKE THEM STOP!

Day 2 Challenge

1. Help someone. Do it without asking for anything in return. Just like yesterday.

2. Come up with 5 to 10 products / services / or something else you want to sell. Give serious consideration to the questions above. Figure out the customer's deepest desire. Figure out the emotions they want to experience. Then write 5 to 10 headlines utilizing what you've learned, that MAKE THEM STOP!

If you're feeling brave you can post your headlines in this thread for others to critique. But no pressure.

:jimlad:

Now that you know the first & most
important element of all copy
you can move on to Day
3 -
Influence Lesson

Adding Value Day 2
1. It began in a (nearly extinct) megacorp's electronics department. A man was looking at HDMI cables. He was not quite fat... but he was definitely a product of the rat race.

His eyebrows were angry. He was looking at two HDMI cables. Little did he know the same quality of cable could be found online.

"So, not really a bargain, eh?"

"I can't tell," he said.

"They'll gouge you either way. The real deals are online. There is no extra value by paying more in this case. You can just get the same cables for 1/10 the price."

To that he nodded and put the cables back on the hook.

Headlines

1. Fed Up With Aching Knees? Learn this Quick Trick!

2. Stuck in a Dead End Job? These 3 Simple Tactics Will Stop That Now

3. Unfair SaaS Landing Page Secrets For Conversions Today

4. How to Get the Upper Hand On (Douche) Bosses/ Your Boss Won't Be a Dick Anymore!

5. You Deserve to See This Trophy Property (Before it is Gone Forever)

6. Guys... Need Quick Cash? These Suckers Throw it Away

7. These Software as a Service Guys Tried To Keep This SECRET

8. Do You Make Mistakes Marketing Your App?

9. Are You Ashamed Of Your Chest?

10. How $1000 may Save You Millions

11. Do You Stanky Armpits Cause You Shame?

12. Only One Person Can Have This Rare Watch

baljitlewis

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 15, 2017
Edmonton
Just did the Day 2 Challenge. Here's what I came up with

Service that allows you to rent parking spaces from people
PARK FOR LESS!
SAVE MONEY PARKING!
PARK WORRY-FREE!
We'll Find You A Spot!

Park For Less With Us!
Cheap Parking Near (Downtown/University/Etc)
Cheap & Convenient Parking Near (Downtown/University/Etc)

Home maid service
Kick Your Feet Up & Let Us Clean Your Home

AirBnB for professional spaces
Commercial Office Space For Rent

Ethnic-themed hats/clothing
Represent In Style

Mobile auto repair service
Auto-Repair At Your Door
Auto-Repair Made Easy
Auto-Repair Without The Hassle

Tutoring for Highschool students
ACE THE EXAM
Walk Into The Exam Feeling Confident & Prepared

Feel free to tear me apart

Process

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Jul 19, 2017
Solving Pain
1. Debtman Howling at Your Door? Shun him FOREVER
2. You can Finally Stand Out With These Exclusive Sunglasses
3. Secrets of Break Out Software Sales The Big Guys Use
4. Tired of Shoulder Pain? So was I. Here's My Fast Trick
5. The Purse Stopping Low Class Haters in Their Tracks

Pathetic App Sales? Frustrating Results? Here's Your Chance
(Learn The Time Tested Secrets)

You're sitting there and wondering... maybe you're more than a little frustrated... maybe even a little desperate.

Hell... you've gotta be a little pissed no one is buying your app!

You try your best, but nothing is happening. The doubt of your friends and family doesn't help either. And bills certainly won't get any cheaper. The time's ticking away.

You probably sense there has to be a better way. It is a game changer for crying out loud. The things that sell for millions... while yours is not getting squat?

This nonsense has to stop now! You are a smart guy. It is time to prove the universe wrong. We just need a little traction.

You're not the first one in this position. There IS a WAY OUT.

Before I get more specific, let me tell you, I don't blame you. In fact, I admire you.

You took a risk. And your love of process is something we both share. My process is a big part of what I can do for you.

The root of my job involves studying what stirs people. They feel the value of the offer. It becomes a beacon of hope. A route out of hell. Your app can be their savior...

You will learn how I:
  • Pin point your customer's pain points.
  • Magnetize your app to their heartstring's AND wallet.
  • Create exponential growth cycles.
  • Test until you have the juiciest profits possible.

Only if you act now.

Click Here To See For Yourself.

PS: On the next page you'll see my risk free offer. And my early mover bonus. Trust your gut. Don't miss out. I only work with so many clients at a time.

Process

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Jul 19, 2017
Solving Pain
Day 4:

I applied to a gig that seemed too big to me. So far, I haven't gotten a response. But now I can see why it was silly to limit myself to a "league."

Thank You SinisterLex.

Since then I have applied to 3 other gigs that are "too big."

Last edited:

baljitlewis

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 15, 2017
Edmonton
Been following along this challenge, albeit at my own pace. I haven't been successful getting approved on UpWork. I re-worked my profile as an Article/Blog writer, and wrote a few articles on Medium to add to my portfolio. Still nothing. I'll keep at it.

Day 12 was a good challenge, here are my headlines and paragraphs if anyone wants to critique (I'm a total novice outside of this challenge so I am open to feedback):

1. Make Enough Money to Quit Your Day Job

2. Learn to Cook Healthy Meals That Taste Great

3. Shop the Latest Fashion Trends for Less

4. Tutors That Will Prep You to Ace Your Finals And Get Into Your Dream College

5. Escape The Harsh Winter With A Tropical Vacation

Are you a first-year engineering student, who’s just submitted your choices for your specialization? Don’t leave your future up to chance! Secure your first choice of program by acing your finals and keeping your GPA competitive.

With MASC’s comprehensive finals prep-courses for Math and Physics, you’ll step into your finals fully prepared. Rest easy this summer knowing you gave yourself the best chance to control your future. Sign up now as spots are limited.

jmusic

Meep.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Mar 4, 2015

Rawiri

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Oct 26, 2016
@baljitlewis

The main issue that I see repeating in your headlines is that they imply effort.

i.e. #1 "Make [enough] money." To most people, making money is a kind of slog. Enough also isn't very abundant...it has a "just getting by" feel to it.

#2 "Learn" - to a surprising amount of people, implies some effort. Same for #4 with tutors, prep etc. Some love learning...but a large amount have bad associations in their head with it.

To a lesser extent, the same issue is in the other headlines..."escape" is an effort word. "Shop" is an effort word for some people too (though some absolutely love it, it would depend on target market...but there would be better ways to phrase it).

Of course, in reality, effort is often required. But you don't normally want to imply that so strongly in your headline, since it's not exactly something that appeals or grabs people. If needed it is mentioned later and typically downplayed in some way...unless you are specifically trying to "weed out" a large segment. Even then, it's a delicate thing.

Hope that helps a bit, and good luck.

jmusic

Meep.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Mar 4, 2015
The main issue that I see repeating in your headlines is that they imply effort.

Speaking of effort, it's great that you're actually putting in the effort and taking action.

Let's see if I can fire up my very weak "action muscles" a bit... I'll start with this one:

"Tutors That Will Prep You to Ace Your Finals And Get Into Your Dream College"

Let's see, what emotion do we want to invoke... I'm thinking confidence, facility, etc. Feeling smart.

How about:

"Be the First to Finish and Ace your Finals" (you'd sell the tutoring services after the click)

alejandrolpzv

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Aug 10, 2017
Honduras
Hi guys,
You all share wonderful information on the forum, as for me, I'm trying to become valuable on it.
The community is tremendously inspiring and Im really glad I found it.
Right now, I'm on the Day 3 Challenge, and I wanted to share my copy with you, so that I could get some feedback :)
So...
Product: ACT Prep Course (Standardized Testing for Colleges in the US)
STOP Headline: ACE THE ACT!
Product Description:

It's time to start planning for your future. Your fate is in your hands. You know you have potential and can exploit it provided the right circumstances.

Would you like to have access to world class education at elite institutions? Do you want to seriously take advantage of your time at college by enrolling in the school that YOU WANT?

An outstanding grade on the ACT Standardized Test will give you the privilege to get TOP consideration on the schools you're applying to. This will certainly strenghten your admission and your profile as a student, it definitely puts you way ahead of the competition. It also solidifies the chances that in case your admission is granted you get very generous financial aid packages.

Just imagine becoming a priority for the schools you want to enroll in, and having the possibility to make them much more affordable.
Imagine all the doors the education from an elite institution will open.
This are all wonderfuls benefits you gain by getting a superb grade on the ACT.
We GUARANTEE you'll make a terrific test if you go through our meticulously designed testing program that will make you prepared for anything the ACT shoots at you. If you have taken it before... 4 points improvement OR YOUR MONEY BACK!
Just remember.. your future is in your hands, what are you gonna do with it?

Enroll Now in the Ultimate ACT Prep Course!
The spots are filling up really... really fast, so contact us soon and make a choice for your future.

Last edited:

Master K. Stone

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Jul 21, 2017
Edmond, Oklahoma
Here is My day 2 challenge Fastlaners!

1. Five Star Flavor on Your Plate TODAY!
(selling smoked meats which you can only get in high end restaurants)

2. FREE DUSTPAN!
Get a free Dustpan with every Elite Mutsvario!
(selling a traditional cleaning utensil in this part of the world)

3 STAY COOL!
This summer you can stay cool and be refreshed.
(selling Iced beverages during the summer season)

4. Bumpy Roads? Smooth Ride!
Get your Suspension Upgrade NOW!
(this is a deal you can't let pass by)
(selling a special type of suspension that will be capable of dealing with large potholes)

5. FLY TO GALAXIES.
A New Experince You Just Have To Try.
(selling space tourism tickets).

See you all for the next challenge!

Danny11

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Aug 19, 2017
Amsterdam
Day 2 challenge. Hope the tread is still active. Thanks in advance for the critiques(preferably honest)!

Product: Protein powder

Target Market (18-30, Male)

What do I want? Desire

(Big muscles, good looking body, gain size)

Why do I Want it? Emotion

(Desired by women and respected/envied by men, accepted by society)

Title 1: Supplement like a Bodybuilder

Product: Men’s shaver (body)

Target Market (20-40, Male)

What do I want? Desire

(Clean/sexy body, less effort, no itching)

Why do I want it? Emotion

(Desired, accepted, part of)

Title 1: Never Miss a Spot

Title 2: The Smooth Body You’ve Always Wished For

Protein bars

Target market (18-30, Male)

What do I want? Desire

(Be strong a muscular)

(Increase chances of reproduction, less effort)

Title 1: Eat Like a Warrior

Product: Men’s fitness program

What do I want? Desire

(Look better, Lose fat, Gain muscle mass, not feeling bad on the beach while shirtless).

Title 1: REGAIN YOUR BODY

Title 2: You Can Be Like Chad

Title 3: Lose Your Belly, Be the Man of Her Dreams

Product: Drill

Target Market (Male 25+)

What do I want? Desire

(Make a hole in the wall or car)

(Felling capable, useful, handy)

Title 1: Your Woman Will be Amazed

Product: Rice cooker

Target Market (M/F 18+)

What do I want? Desire

(Cock rice fast and easy with no effort)

(I’m to lazy)

Title 1: Easy Cleaning, Amazing Tastes, Fast Cooking

AndreiR

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Aug 30, 2017
Toronto, ON, CAN
Love this thread! I'm not a writer myself so I can't provide value in the form of copywriting. However, I am starting my web design business and am looking to partner with copywriters. Any one interested look through my profile to see my thread on cold-calling (didn't go too great but I found a much better method).

Message me now and get 80% off!!
Haha kidding... Just trying out my copywriting skills... Don't think I'm cut out for it. I'll stick to websites and sales.

Best thing I've learned from this thread is your number 1 priority should be providing value. Let people know why they will greatly benefit from working with you. Great shit. In that spirit, I'd like to mention that writers partnered with a web designer can charge much more to clients for a package deal. They're looking to get a website and get visitors. Well, content marketing is now the best way to get visitors these days, so you guys are necessary.

Content marketing is the present and future! Hats off to all you copywriters.

lazaralex

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Dec 19, 2016
Just finished Day 2 Challenge.

10 Products/Services You Want to Sell

1. iPhone Screen Replacement/Fixing
  2. Car Wash
  3. Extinguishers
  4. Power Bank (External Battery)
  5. 'Dumb' Phone (Call & Text Only)
  6. Darts
  7. An Italian Restaurant
  8. Hiking Boots
  9. Towel
Headlines For Said Products
  1. Quick & Affordable Screen Replacement for Your iPhone
  2. No More Car Wash Scratches on Your Mercedes
  3. STOP: You're Endangering Your Family by Not Having This
  4. Your Phone Ran Out of Battery in the Middle of Nowhere? That Doesn't Have to Happen Again
  5. An Unusual Solution for Lack of Time
  6. Bored? Here's an Affordable & Fun Way to Pass Time
  7. Affordable Traditional Italian Food at Giovanni's Restaurant
  8. Say Goodbye to Foot Blisters when Hiking
  9. Egyptian Cotton Towels - The Softest Your Skin Will Ever Touch
Day 2 | Technique Lesson 1
Make Them STOP!

View attachment 9416

Stop signs share an important message worth exploring. When we see a stop sign, we know what to do. We stop. But why? What specifically makes us stop?

Forget the fact that we've been trained for more than a century to stop at red, octagon-shaped signs. Instead, let's consider the deeper message. Let's think about what the word S.T.O.P. actually does.

The word STOP triggers something in our mind. That something is fear. On a deeper level, it's our survival instinct. STOP taps into our desire to live. If we blow through a STOP sign then we're at much greater risk of death by car accident, and that's something we want to avoid.

STOP also triggers very powerful emotions. When we see a stop sign, we instantly process the following:

If I don't stop it could get my whole family killed.

If I don't stop I could be responsible for the death of someone else.

If I don't stop I could wreck my car, and lose (insert any number of things here).

Now let's look at how this message applies to copywriting, and how we can use it. STOP is a short, 4 letter Headline in all CAPITAL LETTERS, almost always printed in bold. It taps into our basic desire to live, and the emotions surrounding the negative impact of our actions if we ignore it, and it almost always gets our attention.

STOP signs exist for 1 reason - to make us STOP!
When we stop we can think. When we think we can observe. When we observe, we take in more info that helps us decide if it's safe to proceed, and this is exactly what your headline must accomplish!

The first goal of your headline is to make them STOP!

If a prospect doesn't stop, they won't think, and they won't proceed through your text. That means they won't buy anything either. So the first technique of copy that sells is a headline that makes them STOP!

How do I make them stop?

This is where desire & emotion come into play. Now, some books will tell you that you have to tap into desire, and others say you only need emotion. Both can work alone, but they work way better together.

But before they can work at all, you have to tap into the right desire & emotion.
To do that you MUST change your perspective. You have to think in terms of them, not you. By shifting your perspective you can ask questions that gain clarity about what your prospects really want, instead of assuming you know what they want.

Let's look at how two popular books accomplish this.

"The Automatic Millionaire" & "The Millionaire Fastlane "

Two very different books that are both top-sellers. One sells the idea of saving coffee change, while the other sells the idea of starting a business. So, why don't either of these books mention anything about saving money, or starting businesses in their headline?

Because the reader doesn't desire those things, and doesn't connect emotionally either!

Instead they had to get inside their reader's mind and ask the right questions.

Young, 18 to 30 year olds, primarily male.

What do I want? (Desire)
Fast money, fast cars, to not have to work for money or riches. Freedom from jobs.

Money, & super cars will make me powerful & seductive.

What if TMF used this headline instead:

Get Rich by Starting a Business and Failing a Lot.

Would you have stopped? Would you have opened the book? Would you have read the first line? Would you have still dedicated your entire life to making this shit work no matter what? Would you even be here right now?!

Probably not, because the headline doesn't speak to you personally. It doesn't tap into your desires or emotions. It doesn't give you a reason to care.

A lot of psychology goes into your headline, but you don't have to spend 10 years learning about it to be effective. All you have to do is ask questions from the prospect's perspective and figure out what they really want. Then find a way to write it in your headline.

Now that you know that your headline's ultimate goal is to make them STOP by tapping into desire & emotion, let's check out some ways you can enhance your headlines.

1. If it's 3 words or less, use ALL CAPITAL LETTERS.
----- "INSTANT CASH LOANS"

2. If it's more than 3 words, Only Capitalize the First Letter of Each Word, Following Basic Grammar Rules.
----- "Big Johnson's Beer & Liquor if We Don't Have It, We'll Get It!"

3. If you can tap into desire / emotion & be creative, then your headline will have more power.
----- "Unleashing the SUPER Ideavirus - Ideas that Spread, Win"

4. Length is based on the headline's goal. If you need it processed fast, then use less words.
----- "How to Win Friends & Influence People"

5. Get rid of extra words. Every word must have a purpose.
----- "Here's How You Can Switch Gears, Downshift, & Drive Into the Millionaire Fastlane .
vs. "The Millionaire Fastlane " - Way less words. Way more impact.

6. If you can add subtle influence to your headline, such as a CTA, you'll add power.
----- "NOW! Get a FREE Animal Tail Butt Plug with Every Vibrating Prostate Massager!"

^
(Now, that's a deal you can't pass up!)

You don't have to be a copywriter to get good at writing headlines. All you need is practice. Take your time, and give every product, website, or cover letter serious thought. It may take you 2 hours to come up with something, but when you get it right it works pretty much every time.

Remember, Your #1 Goal is to MAKE THEM STOP!

Day 2 Challenge

1. Help someone. Do it without asking for anything in return. Just like yesterday.

2. Come up with 5 to 10 products / services / or something else you want to sell. Give serious consideration to the questions above. Figure out the customer's deepest desire. Figure out the emotions they want to experience. Then write 5 to 10 headlines utilizing what you've learned, that MAKE THEM STOP!

If you're feeling brave you can post your headlines in this thread for others to critique. But no pressure.

:jimlad:

Now that you know the first & most
important element of all copy
you can move on to Day
3 -
Influence Lesson

Any tips?

lazaralex

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Dec 19, 2016
Day 3 | Influence Lesson 1
The Butterfly Effect

We can never truly know the real impact of our words.​

Influence is inevitable.” – Unknown

Some of you may think this quote ridiculous.
Maybe you read it and say, “Inevitable? No way. I read Robert Cialdini’s book, and there’s no way I can be influenced now.”

But you are wrong.

Influence happens constantly. Consistently. All around us, all the time. It happens to us, and there’s not a damn thing we can do to stop it. Need proof? Stay awake until you fall asleep. Prove that you can’t be influenced by fatigue, and I’ll never write again.

I can make that statement with confidence because I know that you can be influenced, just as I can be influenced, and just as every other person can be influenced.

But this lesson isn’t about the fact that every single one of us can be influenced.

It’s to help you understand that every action you take, whether physical, mental, verbal or written, influences others, yourself, and the future as you know it.

That’s great, but how does it apply to copywriting?

This could very easily breach the realm of mindset, but this isn’t a mindset lesson, so let’s narrow it down to the words we write.

When was the last time you gave extreme consideration to how your words would be received?

Recall the last time you posted on this forum. Did you spend hours thinking about how people would respond? Did you wonder if your post would help someone instantly?

And did you also spend hours thinking about how people 5 years from now would be impacted when they read it? Or did you simply post it without much thought at all?

What if something you say today triggers a powerful chain of events leading to another Fastlane member’s freedom 3 years from now? How would that make you feel?

That’s the big picture with influence. That’s how it works. What we write today influences others long into the future, and we can never truly know how far that influence extends.

That’s why every word we write MUST have a purpose.

Influence is inevitable, but that doesn’t mean it's always positive. If your writing sucks, or if you blindly write without structure, rhyme or reason, then your copy will negatively impact everyone who reads it for many years to come. But, if you write with intent, always moving toward a specific outcome, then you can practically guarantee you'll have a positive effect.

Good copywriters always keep influence in mind. They know it's not black & white. They know that just because a prospect doesn't buy today doesn't mean he won't come back tomorrow. That's why we always write every single word with a purpose.

Good copy doesn't just drive the sale today.
It plants seeds that drive sales tomorrow, and the next day, and the next day after that.

Alright, enough lecture.

Let's read some kick-a$$ example phrases that'll unlock your mind and
open doors to worlds you never imagined possible!

Influential Words that Sell Today

All of these words & phrases are commands that drive action and
influence your prospect to take the next step.

Buy Now.
Click here.
Join.
Get It.
Subscribe.
Submit.

Influential Words that Sell this Week

All of these words & phrases are commands that
influence your prospect by setting a deadline or
invoking the principle of scarcity.

Offer Ends Friday.
Offer Valid thru Friday.
Offer Good While Supplies Last.
Respond by Friday if You're Interested.
My schedule Fills by Friday.
Call Before Friday.
Order by Friday and Get [insert something here]
There's only a few slots left.
These tacos won't last long.
They're going fast!

Words that Influence Long Into the Future

These words & phrases are called idea seed planters. They
plant seeds of thought that grow either throughout the
length of your copy, or over a period of time with
repeat exposure.

Consider this.
Think about it.
Consider it.
Give it some thought.
Ponder it.
Mull it over.
Consider your options.
Maybe it's right for you.
What's the worst that could happen?
Imagine how you'll benefit.
Imagine what you'll gain.
Just imagine it.
Sleep on it.

Just
do
it​

There are way more phrases than this.

This is just a small sample of some of the words you can use to influence your prospects, readers, clients, & customers.

Influence is what copywriting is all about.

It's about taking the influence that's going to happen anyway, and giving it direction. It's not about manipulating people. It's about helping customers reach the outcomes they want, and also reaching your own outcomes at the same time.

Everyone should benefit.

To ensure your copy always packs the most powerful impact possible, write with the intent of influencing people throughout all concepts of time whether it's right now, this week, or 10 years in the future.

And always seek to have a positive impact on others.

Day 3 Challenge

1. Help someone. Solve a problem for someone. Do it without asking for anything in return just like yesterday, and just like the day before. Remember, it doesn't have to be something epic. Just something that impacts them positively in some way.

2. Write 5 new headlines that MAKE THEM STOP, and tap into your prospects desires & emotions.

3. Using your product or service, or something you make up, write a paragraph or two to your target customer utilizing the influential phrases you learned in this post. Consider using all 3 types of phrases for maximum impact, and remember to write with intent. Find ways to show how your product helps your customer while driving them toward the action you want them to take.

Do this before reading the next lesson, or don't keep going forward.

Now that you know that influence is inevitable you can
start writing copy with intent & purpose so you can
achieve your desired results in the shortest
time possible. Always write for positive
outcomes. That's it for this lesson.
When you're ready, continue
on to Day 4 - Mindset
Lesson

Here's what I have for day 3:

5 Products
  1. A Set of Non-Stick Pans
  2. A Fat Loss Guide/Book
  3. A Sandwich Maker
  4. Car Tires
  5. A GPS Tracked Bag
5 Headlines
  1. Food Shouldn't Stick to The Pan - Here's the Solution
  2. Say Goodbye to the 'Dad Bod'
  3. Learn How to Make Quick, Hot, Tasty Meals
  4. Worn Tires Endanger Your Family - Get a Set Of Durable Tires
  5. Never Lose Your Luggage in The Airport Ever Again
The Short Description for Product 4
Think about it, cars with worn tires are more likely to slip. Cars that slip get into accidents. You don't want to put your family in danger, but tires get worn fast.

If you buy our tires now you can be content in the fact that our tires last 40.000 miles. That's double the average. Buy a set before Friday and we'll change yours for FREE.

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Just finished Day 2 Challenge.

10 Products/Services You Want to Sell

1. iPhone Screen Replacement/Fixing
  2. Car Wash
  3. Extinguishers
  4. Power Bank (External Battery)
  5. 'Dumb' Phone (Call & Text Only)
  6. Darts
  7. An Italian Restaurant
  8. Hiking Boots
  9. Towel
Headlines For Said Products
  1. Quick & Affordable Screen Replacement for Your iPhone
  2. No More Car Wash Scratches on Your Mercedes
  3. STOP: You're Endangering Your Family by Not Having This
  4. Your Phone Ran Out of Battery in the Middle of Nowhere? That Doesn't Have to Happen Again
  5. An Unusual Solution for Lack of Time
  6. Bored? Here's an Affordable & Fun Way to Pass Time
  7. Affordable Traditional Italian Food at Giovanni's Restaurant
  8. Say Goodbye to Foot Blisters when Hiking
  9. Egyptian Cotton Towels - The Softest Your Skin Will Ever Touch

Any tips?

You need to get more specific with your headlines in terms of the problem you're targeting and who it's for. Cliches also have to go. Most of these aren't enticing enough to keep reading. They're too general. Feels like something I'd read on an infomercial.

1. Quick & Affordable <-- probably claimed by every iPhone repair shop on the planet.
2. No More Car Wash Scratches <-- better, but there's got to be a faster way to say it.
3. This one feels like straight click-bait spam. Nobody will read in 2017.
4. Instead of "That Doesn't Have to Happen Again" why not "Try this."
5. Too vague. Plus it reads like spam. Everyone knows they lack time. What specific part of that problem are you targeting?
6. This one is pretty good for a blog post headline.
7. I'd find another word for affordable, because you seem stuck in a pattern of using this as a "go-to" word which means you'll probably overuse it in your copy. Try rhymezone.com for alternatives.
8. Good targeting, but needs something 'more' to get me to care. Maybe going a little deeper with the specific pain. Foot blisters are a pain, but how does that affect my life?
9. Good clear picture at the start. The end feels like spam because it's not a statement you can prove. Doesn't really target the customer's true pain or desire either. They don't buy Egyptian Cotton Towels because they're soft. Every towel on the planet is soft. They buy because of the person they see in the mirror as a customer of a "fine" product. How do they imagine other people would view them if they knew their towels were "Egyptian?" This is an ego play.

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Here's what I have for day 3:

5 Products
  1. A Set of Non-Stick Pans
  2. A Fat Loss Guide/Book
  3. A Sandwich Maker
  4. Car Tires
  5. A GPS Tracked Bag
5 Headlines
  1. Food Shouldn't Stick to The Pan - Here's the Solution
  2. Say Goodbye to the 'Dad Bod'
  3. Learn How to Make Quick, Hot, Tasty Meals
  4. Worn Tires Endanger Your Family - Get a Set Of Durable Tires
  5. Never Lose Your Luggage in The Airport Ever Again
The Short Description for Product 4
Think about it, cars with worn tires are more likely to slip. Cars that slip get into accidents. You don't want to put your family in danger, but tires get worn fast.

If you buy our tires now you can be content in the fact that our tires last 40.000 miles. That's double the average. Buy a set before Friday and we'll change yours for FREE.

1. This one is good.
2. This one is cliche (meaning I've seen that statement a 1,000 times before)
3. Too vague. You can probably shorten it and make it even better.
4. Still too vague and not serious enough. People endanger their family every day when they drive recklessly. What they need to think about is how worn tires can explode instantaneously, leading to rollovers and death. You have to say these things because people don't fill in the blanks with scary pictures like that. People fill in ugly blanks with not ugly things. "Endanger" to them means "something bad might happen to someone else, but probably not me."
5. Another cliche phrase. Probably need to include something about "How" this is accomplished. Or expand on it by saying, "Even If the Airport Tries to Lose it For You."

Your short description, just like your headlines, needs to get very specific and more detailed about the dangers of the problem. If your doctor says "eating ice cream could put you in danger of weight gain, or heart disease soon," you'll still eat ice cream. If the doctor says, "If you eat another spoonful of ice cream, you'll sleep in a cold grave by the end of the week," you'll take him more seriously.

C-Jay

Audeamus
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Aug 7, 2017
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

1. Emergency First Aid Kit ----- "When Disaster Strikes, NEVER be Unprepared"
2. Personal Finance Crash Course ----- "Finally LEARN What School Never Taught You About Money - Invest in Yourself"
3. Debt Consolidation Service ----- "The Fresh Start You Deserve: Begin Your Debt Free Journey with a 100% FREE Consultation"
4. Discount mobile phone service ----- "Communication is a Right. Stop Overpaying For Your Phone Plan"
5. Personal Finance Consultant ----- "Reject the Myth: Stop Sacrificing Your Wealth to Make Bankers Rich"

Just a few I came up with. Anyone have any thoughts?

Lex, this thread is phenomenal. My thanks to you.

lazaralex

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Dec 19, 2016
1. This one is good.
4. Still too vague and not serious enough. People endanger their family every day when they drive recklessly. What they need to think about is how worn tires can explode instantaneously, leading to rollovers and death. You have to say these things because people don't fill in the blanks with scary pictures like that. People fill in ugly blanks with not ugly things. "Endanger" to them means "something bad might happen to someone else, but probably not me."
5. Another cliche phrase. Probably need to include something about "How" this is accomplished. Or expand on it by saying, "Even If the Airport Tries to Lose it For You."

Your short description, just like your headlines, needs to get very specific and more detailed about the dangers of the problem. If your doctor says "eating ice cream could put you in danger of weight gain, or heart disease soon," you'll still eat ice cream. If the doctor says, "If you eat another spoonful of ice cream, you'll sleep in a cold grave by the end of the week," you'll take him more seriously.
1. This one is good.

Hey, Lex,

Thanks for all the tips. I've noted them down (the recurrent ideas) and I re-read them throughout the day. I'll try my best to apply them to day 4 challenge. I'll be a little late tough since I've been on the road today, maybe post it by midnight (UK time)

lazaralex

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Dec 19, 2016
Ok. Here goes day 4.

5 Headlines

1. "Bullies Give You Trouble? Read this."
  2. "If You Are Afraid of Fights You've Gotta Try This"
  3. "How to Handle Yourself in a Fight"
  4. "What You Must Never Do in a Quarrel"
  5. "Don't Read This Unless You Can Defend Yourself"
10 Sentences Using Influential Words
  1. Buy now and you don't have to worry about bullies ever again.
  2. Subscribe to get a FREE taste of our self-defense course.
  3. The 30% discount ends on Saturday.
  4. Think about it, you could be the guy who nobody wants to mess with.
  5. Imagine how safe your girlfriend will feel with you.
  6. There are only 27 DVD sets left and they're going fast.
  7. Call before Friday and you'll get two copies for the price of one.
  8. Consider it, if you're not satisfied you'll get a full refund.
  9. Click here and solve your fear of lone dark streets.
  10. What's the worse that could happen? You either learn how to defend yourself or we give you your money back.
The One Action
Applying for jobs on upwork. I'll get a nice photo of myself first thing in the morning, set up an account an start looking for something I can do. I'd do it now, but it's late and I have to wake up early tomorrow. If I don't, as you said Lex, it's me who I'm hurting.

lazaralex

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Dec 19, 2016
Day 5 | Technique Lesson 2
F.U.C.C.C.
Fundamental Understanding of Core Concepts in Copywriting
or
K.I.S.S.
Keep It Stupidly Simple

Effective Copy Operates from Solid Foundations.

It doesn't have to be complicated, and you don't have to study for years. You can learn enough in a few minutes to improve anything you write. The more you practice the better you'll be, but you don't have to be J.K. to sell.

This isn't a comprehensive guide, and I can't teach everything in a post, but the stuff you're about to learn will help your copy flow more easily for you and your customers.

Before we start you should know that anything you write should be tailored to your specific audience, and also for the medium where it'll be read. For instance the format of a sales letter won't work very well for most website home pages, so you'll need to modify your style if you want it to look good.

Keep in mind none of these rules are absolutes.

Technique 1: Open with a Question

Why are questions so useful?

Because they draw us in and almost force us to find answers. We MUST know, so we drop a line &
keep reading to finally get closure. Make sure you don't answer the question in the same line or it loses its effect.

For Example:

"Do you ever have trouble hearing what other people say?
If so, then..."

By the way did you notice I did it to you at the beginning of this technique? ;)

Technique 2: Ask More questions

What happens if you ask another question instead of just giving the answer?

It has the same effect and keeps em' reading for more!

For Example:

"Do you ever have trouble hearing what other people say?
Do people sometimes tell you you're freakin' deaf?
If so, then..."

The longer they read, the more chances you have to influence. Be sure not to ask too many questions without offering a solution or you'll piss em' off.

Technique 3: Use Short Sentences

Short sentences move fast. The shorter the better. Eleven words or less is good. More than that and you slow things down. If you want to impact emotion, use short sentences. It speeds up their mind and makes em' want action.

That doesn't mean longer sentences can never be useful, and you'll find there are times when you really want your readers to slow down and grasp what you say. Use long sentences whenever you want to emphasize something, or when you want your prospects to consider a thought or idea more deeply. Use short sentences when you wanna speed em' up again.

Technique 4: Short Paragraphs

This technique is just like the one before it. Keep paragraphs short if you want to keep things moving effortlessly. Long paragraphs take longer to read, and they end up looking like a wall of text. People don't like walls of text.

Instead writer short paragraphs that are 3 lines or less. Sometimes this means increasing font size to fill up more space, or sometimes you have to decrease it or cut out words if you want it to fit.

Technique 5: Less syllables = Easier to Read

Are you aware of the astronomical quantity of citizens who are absolutely, cataclysmically, abominably mediocre when it comes to aptitude for comprehending the transcribed word?

It's pretty crazy, but seriously...

A lot of people suck at reading.

When we use less syllables our words are easier to understand.

My personal experience is that less syllables is usually better, though I've had a few clients who needed more intelligible writing for certain elite audiences. For most product copy, use less syllables and you can't go wrong.

Technique 6: Make Sub-headings Larger than Body Text

Large sub-headings are for people who like to skim instead of reading everything. When writing sub-headings make sure every word counts because it may be all your prospect sees. I can think of a thousand times when I only read the sub-headings and nothing more. But, if the sub-heading doesn't stand out by being larger, then it may not be seen at all.

Technique 7: Choose Where Each Line Ends

Most of us are used to writing sentences that continue the entire length of the page until they finally
return on their own. In copy it's a little different. In copy we still write across the length of the page but
we choose when to hit return so
we can carry our readers to the
next line.

See what I did there? The last examples were just for effect. The first two lines are how it
normally works. Oops, did it again. ;)

"finally..." - Reader asks, "finally what?"
"but..." - Reader asks, "but what?" and they read the next line for the answer.

Technique 8: Read that Shit Out Loud!

OMG... If you're not reading your copy out loud before going live, then it's no wonder you're not
getting the responses you want! When we read our copy out loud we can find subtle differences in the
wording that changes everything.

Sometimes when I write it comes out really wordy, but I don't know it until I read it out loud. Sometimes
I even have to read it about 10 times before it sounds good. When it sounds good out loud it usually
sounds good in our mind.

Any words that seem like they maybe don't necessarily need to be in the sentence, probably don't.

Technique 9: Speak to the Senses

We'll talk more about this one later, but I want to bring it up for those who are writing copy now. All humans think in terms of their senses all the time. That means sight, sound, smell, taste & touch.

If you want to connect with people, and you want them to experience what you have to say, then you have to write words that give them those experiences.

This is especially true for those of you pecking away at your keyboards, watching words fill up the screen while waiting for your Starbucks to cool after nearly spilling it across the floor because the over-enthusiastic Barista was too busy smiling at customers and forgot to add the cardboard cover to your scalding hot brew.

This is sensory-based language. This is also how you show the reader what you want them to see instead of telling them about it.

Technique 10: Use Action Language

This technique is last but it may be the most powerful of all.

Anytime you write copy you should be using the active voice...

Let's rephrase that.

Anytime you write copy use the active voice.

Feel the difference?

For starters, the active voice cuts out most extra words before you ever read out loud. Plus it allows you to direct the reader instead of letting them make their own choices.

"You should." is very different than, "You will."

"I think you should go over there." is very different than, "Go over there."

"I'll think about it." is very different than, "I'll do it."

Action driven language communicates with clarity.

There's a time and a place for passive language, but most of the time write for action.

If you're selling a product or service, then drive action from the start so your reader gets used to being directed, and by the time they reach the end of your copy they're ready to follow your lead...

Order Now.
Reply.
Join.

This list isn't even close to complete.
There's tons of techniques that aren't mentioned, and probably a zillion that I don't even know about. Still, these should be enough to give you a working foundation so you can get started and get feedback. Once you have feedback you can adjust as needed.

Day 5 Challenge

1. Solve a problem for someone. No matter how big or small, and don't ask anything in return.

2. Write 5 headlines for a real product that MAKES THEM STOP!

3. Write 5 influential sentences using the lessons from day 3.

4. Take 1 action you are most afraid of. Just do it.

5. Type a page of copy selling a real product, using a good headline, subheadlines, & the techniques listed in this lesson.

||||||
||||||
||||||

Okay, Day 5 is done and you're still here!
Great! If you're actually following the
steps, then you're probably making
real progress! When you're
ready, continue to Day 6
Influence Lesson

5 Headlines for A Real Product that MAKES THEM STOP
I choose a multi-tool this time. Think Victorinox or Leatherman.

I'll target outdoors people (hunters, fishermen, campers) that are tired of complex multi-tools that they can't figure out.
  1. Multi-Tools Shouldn't Be Complicated - Read More
  2. Can't Figure Your Multi-Tool Out? Try this
  3. Multi-Tools Have Too Many Features... Here's the Solution
  4. Why Are Multi-Tools So Complex?
  5. Tired of Confusing & Cumbersome Multi-Tools?
5 Influential Sentences
  1. Picture this, you won't spend half an hour figuring out your multi-tool anymore.
  2. Buy now and say 'Goodbye!' to all the useless features in your former multi-tool.
  3. Buy 3 by Friday and you'll get one for free.
  4. Invest in our multi-tool and you'll have an easier time finding what you need when you need it.
  5. Imagine, you are in the field, trying to skin a freshly shot boar, but you can't figure out which of your multi-tools' blade to use.
One Action
For day 4 I set up my upwork account. They said there are too many copywriters out there. Might be because I choose 'Entry Level' as my skill level. I'll try changing the profile up, maybe I can make it work.

For today, I cold-called a business and asked them if they need copywriting services. I stuttered a bit throughout the call and they politely refused my services. At least I can say that I made my first cold call.

Here Goes The One-Page Copy

Why Are Multi-Tools So Complex?
Tired of not knowing how to use your multi-tool?

Do you want a multi-tool that has features you actually use?

Do you avoid using your multi-tool in front of your pals because it's embarrassing to spend 15 minutes trying to figure it out?

No more.

You Don't Have to Buy Cumbersome Multi-Tools
Buy a "Simplex" multi-tool now and say goodbye to all the useless features your former multi-tool had.

You'll be happier than ever and get the job done fast.

Your future multi-tool has:
  • a sturdy razor-sharp blade that will help you to easily skin animals;
  • a serrated blade that will make cutting rope a breeze;
  • a pair of handy pliers with a wire cutter integrated that you can use to make fishing hooks on the go;
  • a saw that will take care of any branch.
Picture this, you don't have to read a manual before using your multi-tool. You can use it straight out the box.

Simple Tools are Reliable
Too many moving parts make your multi-tool easy to break. Simplicity breed reliability.

Simplex is durable because, unlike other multi-tools, it has just 3 moving parts.

In fact, it's so durable that we guarantee it will last for at least 15 years or we give you a full no-questions-asked refund.

What do you have to lose?

If we are right you get a multi-tool that's gonna last a long time and help you do everything you need to do. If we are wrong,
we give you your money back.

Buy before Friday and you get a free fire-starter that can help you start up to 5.000 fires.

Order Now
01632-960729
email@simplex.com

Done. Today's challenge was definitely harder. Rhymezone is certainly helpful, thanks for that @SinisterLex .

Can't wait to see what tomorrow brings.

lazaralex

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Dec 19, 2016
Day 6 | Influence Lesson 2
Eliciting Emotional Responses

Emotion drives attention drives action drives sales.

WARNING: This post contains spoilers for a movie that was just released. Please watch the movie prior to reading this lesson!!! You have been warned, so I'm not an a**hole!

View attachment 9465

Did anyone go see Furious 7 over the weekend?

I did, and holy shit did I get more than I bargained for!

Had I known the movie would make me cry like a baby... twice... in a theater packed full of dudes and their girlfriends, I probably would've waited for the dvd.

Seriously, I don't think that's ever happened to me before, so I spent a lot of time thinking about it. Then I went online and discovered I wasn't the only one. Apparently it had the same effect on dudes everywhere.

The more I thought about it the clearer it became. The effect was intentional though not unethical. The entire movie was carefully calculated to draw these responses from start to finish, and it worked like a charm, resulting in a theater full of standing, clapping, crying customers, wondering if/when the next movie would launch.

If you're not aware, Paul Walker, one of the main actors for this film series, was killed in a car accident in 2013, prior to this film's completion. He will be missed.

So, I was thinking about the specific actions that led to my emotional response, and also about their purpose aside from creating an epic memorial for Paul. That's when I remembered something else.

My wife sat next to me the whole time and didn't shed a tear. WTF?!

It simply didn't make sense! My world was flipped upside down! Wtf was going on?!?!?!

Well things started to connect the next day, when I remembered my youth was very different than hers.

I got my first car around the time the first movie came out, and after watching it, became so identified with the ideology of the street racer that I started driving moronically fast ALL the time, buying parts for my car, and even sold, crashed, and bought numerous new cars, all stick-shift, and mostly Mitsubishi Eclipses for the sheer experience.

This trend continued for years, even after I joined the military and went to Germany. Just imagine pretending you're a street racer on the autobahn. Lol I've got lots of fun stories about that.

The point is, the original movies had a MAJOR impact on my youth.

And that's exactly why men everywhere were out-crying their wives and girlfriends!

None of this was by chance. These movies target a specific audience, and the producers know how to give us what we want. And, they knew that what we wanted this time was a movie that did justice for the series, and showed respect for someone we've come to know as a brother for more than a decade.

But how did they do it? You're about to learn...

1. Specific Outcomes

Make no mistake, the producers knew exactly what they had to do. Their outcome was to give their target audience an epic, action-packed film, and deliver countless highs & lows, to memorialize this film, the series, and the legend in the hearts & minds of viewers everywhere.

If they screwed it up they would lose millions of fans over night.

2. Influence from the Start

One of the reasons setting specified outcomes is so powerful is that it allows us to work our way backwards through the steps to get to that point. We can ask, "What specific steps do I have to take in order to make that happen?"

Once we know the steps, then we realize that influence doesn't happen by utilizing a single tactic or technique. Instead, it's a combination of processes that moves the prospect toward the outcome in a specific series of steps. That process has to start somewhere, and it MUST start at the very beginning of the engagement, or all other steps are likely to fail.

It works in movies. It works in copy. It works in life.

Here's how they did it in the movie.

The very first scene starts with a funeral for Han, the Asian guy killed by Jason Statham at the end of the last movie. During this scene the characters mention not wanting to see any more funerals. Brian says "Just one more."

He's referring to Statham's character, but because he said it, the idea of a funeral is associated with him. Even those who didn't grow up with this series can appreciate the impact of this effect,
(assuming they knew about Paul's passing before watching the movie).

All of this sets very subtle undertones that we're reminded of throughout the film.

3. Foreshadowing

Some questions people have going into this film include, "How will they handle Brian's death? Will he be killed? Will it be early so they can continue without him? Will he live on?"

We don't know these answers, so it's easy for the movie to toy with our emotions. Early on a bomb explodes at Dom's house and slams Brian against his minivan. His face hits the glass, hard, and we wonder, is this it? It turns out it's not, but it does grab our emotions by the throat, and hint at what might come later.

Note: This is the second time they've tapped into our unconscious emotions regarding Paul's death. Each time they do this, they move us a little bit closer to the end goal.

4. Our Desire for Action + Highs & Lows

Anyone who's kept up with the series knows they've really stepped up the action. To over-deliver from the last movie, they had to implement some really extreme ideas. Not only that, but they had to do it in a way that draws us in, and keeps us on the edge of our seat.

Luckily, Furious 7 delivers so much over-the-top action that we don't really have time to think about what's going on under our psychological hoods.

At one point my wife eased my hand off her leg because I was grabbing it so tight. I didn't even know it was happening. There's just something about watching the most powerful supercar in the world leap between skyscrapers that makes you hold your breath!

The movie used a shit ton of scenes like this, and also tossed in emotional low points like when Letty leaves Dom at the beginning.

All of these impacts hit us in the most extreme ways possible. They set us up. They prime us. By the end of the movie we're experiencing so much emotional turmoil that if one more explosion happens, we'll kick in a door and combat roll from the room!

5. The First Trigger

We've just come out of a super-powered adrenaline-filled scene and we're preparing for the final showdown. Our heart still pounds. We're still on the edge of our seat. Now they pull the first trigger.

Brian calls Mia to let her know shit's about to go down. Then he let's her know he might not make it home. There's a lot of symbolism here, and most of us assume we know what it means.

Now Mia gets emotional. Her emotions impact us because the tone changes so fast we don't have time to think about it. Then she pulls the trigger by letting Brian know she's pregnant again.

Now we experience the full power of hardcore raw emotions of grief, loss, and suffering as our minds are forced to think about everything Brian (and in real life, Paul) is about to lose / has lost, and how it affects everyone around him.

This trigger was so powerful I cried instantly.
I literally couldn't believe I was crying, because until that point I hadn't felt any kind of grief emotions at all.

Some circles refer to this as the Kansas City Shuffle. They keep our attention focused in the opposite direction (with action) then they blindside us with grief when we least expect it.

6. The Second Trigger

For a few minutes we have time to catch our breath, and dab our eyes. Then we enter another insanely action-packed scene. Before we know it, we're in a spiraling mess of chaos & fun, and we're back on the edge of our seats!

Think about it...can you imagine anything more badass than a street fight between Vin Diesel & Jason Statham?
No, because it doesn't exist!

But the scene eventually ends, and Statham meets his fate, (for now).

That's when we're set up for the second trigger. The very next scene takes us to a beach, where Brian & Mia are playing with their kid in the sand near the water. They're away from the others who are sitting around having a good time, but clearly thinking about things.

Dom starts talking about how Brian's life is good, and we come to realize he won't die in this movie. This is an extremely powerful technique on multiple levels as we acknowledge the underlying message which is:

"He lives on in our hearts & minds"

While we understand the character Brian Spilner is about to embark on a new path with his family, we also feel grief and loss again.

Then Dom gets up to leave and one of the others asks if he's going to say goodbye.
He says, "No, it's never really goodbye." and walks away.

This is trigger 2.

This is where everyone loses it the second time.

I swear to god, there's literally no way you can not cry if you've watched the other movies, and understand the underlying messages.

...My wife must be one bad motherf*****.

7. Drive it Home.

Remember, the original outcome wasn't just to give us an action-packed film, or to pay homage to Paul Walker. It was to memorialize this film in our hearts and minds forever, and what better way to do that than with an actual memorial.

As Dom drives away in his old muscle car, he comes to a stop sign and Brian pulls up next to him in a white supra, looks over, and smiles. This triggers a flood of memories going all the way back to the first movie where Brian had to build a white junkyard supra from the ground up, and Dom had to overcome his fear of the muscle car.

Now the emotional flood gates of hell are opened when a song called, See You Again plays, and images from all the other films are flashed on the screen while Dom talks about the good times they had. This is a super F*cking powerful emotional anchor that solidifies this film as the most epic shit since sliced bread.

Now we have a memory.

A link established between Paul Walker's death, the film franchise, & our emotions, and triggered anytime we hear the song.

Finally, the screen returns to the two cars as they drive off together, but come to a fork in the road. The shot pans out and follows Brian off on his new path before the screen turns white and closes with the words, "For Paul".

There are two purposes for this final shot:

1. To finalize the memorial.
2. To give us closure on Brian so we won't hate the movies when they make the next film without him.

Conclusion...

This has to be the most emotionally-packed movie I've ever experienced.

In fact, I'm literally fighting back tears as I write this.

The point I want to make is that I'll never, EVER forget this, and it's all because the movie influenced me, and everyone else by tapping into our deepest hidden emotions.

When we tap into emotion we aren't just using some tactic that may or may not work.

We're messing with people's whole F*cking lives...

That's how powerful it is.

That's why everything you read about copy tells you to tap into their emotions.

When you understand other people's emotions, then you unlock the secret to one of the most powerful tools of influence. Then you have the power to write copy that sells.

Note: There were so many powerful tools of influence implemented in this movie, I didn't do more than breach the surface here. You seriously have to watch and experience it for yourself to understand. Just note that pretty much all are transferable to your copy. It's just a matter of your creative mind finding ways to implement them.

Day 6 Challenge

1. Help someone in some way without asking anything in return.

2. Choose a product and write a sales letter for it. Before you start, prepare a specific outcome for your letter.

3. Write the headline for the letter to MAKE THEM STOP & have an emotional impact.

4. Weave techniques of influence into the body to carry that emotional impact throughout the letter.

5. Finalize the letter by driving your prospect with emotion to take some action.
(Click Here, Join Now, etc.)

6. Take some action that you've been too scared to take.

You've reached the end of the Day 6 Lesson on Influence.
I hope you enjoyed this one. It was tough to write.
Always remember to write for impact and
influence. When you're ready, move
forward to
Day 7 - Mindset
Lesson

Here's Day 6 Challenge:
Selling Should Be Easy
Is your business making less money than you'd be satisfied with?

Do you want to generate more sales without spending hours writing ads and sales letters?

Hire a copywriter now.

You will get more sales from professional copy without all the hassle.

500% ROI

Unlike other things, hiring a copywriter is an investment, not an expense.

Invest with me and you will get a 500% ROI. For every 100$ you spend, you get 500$ back.
It's a no-brainer.

No Time Spent

You don't have to spend time working on the copy. You don't have to spend time worrying about it.

I write it, you approve it & publish it and the money starts rolling in.

Why Not Write the Copy Yourself?

You could write the copy yourself, but...
you'll never be able to achieve the results of someone that does this for a living.

Think about it, a copywriter puts food on the table by writing copy. That's my job and that's what I'm good at.

You can get a better ROI of your time by doing what you are good at.

How Do I Know This Will Work?

You have no guarantee you'll get results, right?

Wrong.

So you can see I'm serious about providing you great services, you only pay me after you see results. If you are not satisfied, you don't pay anything. You have nothing to lose.

It's in my interest to give you the best possible copy. If I don't give you results, I can't put food on the table.

So How Much Does It Cost?

My prices are simple and straight-forward:
  • 499$ per ad
  • 499$ per sales letter
If you want me to write copy for any other purposes, contact me and we'll talk about it.

Buy Until 14th October to Get 20% Off

lazaralex

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Dec 19, 2016
Day 7 | Mindset Lesson 3
How to be a Lord of the Sith.

Find your vision and build an empire!

How many of you have watched Star Wars?

Probably all of you.

But, have you ever read the books?

I've read a couple, but only one series ever made an impact on my life, and it wasn't about hoity-toity Jedi winning battles against the empire.

Instead it was about an extremely driven man who started from nothing, fought his way out of a hole, and finally found & embraced his vision.

From the ashes of the mining planet, Apatros, Dessel realizes he doesn't want to be like all the other loser miners who've fallen victim to fate. Instead, he sees greatness in his future, and he's willing to take action to get it!
In short, he finds his vision.

So, the first thing he does is forces his way off the guarded planet.

Dessel Took Action!

He doesn't know it at the time, but that one action, based on his vision, sets a massive chain of events in motion that will eventually lead to the greatness he seeks.

Once off the planet he goes on to join the Sith Army where he becomes a total badass, and gets all his troops to love him. Later he gets in trouble for punching an officer who's decision would have got them all killed.

Instead of following orders, he follows his intuition and ends up winning a crucial battle with his troops.

Again Dessel Took Action!

His actions later land him in jail, but his military prowess didn't go unnoticed. Quite the opposite.

A Sith Lord named Kopecz summons him, and all of a sudden instead of just being a troop, he's being offered training in the ways of the dark side.

Taking action landed him his first real connection!

Understanding that he's going through a transformation, he takes a new name, Bane, and starts his training.

At first a lot of shit holds him back, and he's the weakest of all the Sith students. He's suffers epic defeat several times, and finally loses sight of his vision and fails completely.

Luckily, several events happen that bring Bane's vision back to the forefront of his mind, and he picks himself up again, and drives on. He soon realizes that all the Sith around him aren't as powerful as he thought.

He starts to see through the bullshit, and starts to realize that they're all a bunch of wannabes. Then he understands that he can rule them all.

Now Bane Has Extreme Clarity on His Vision!

Undergoing another transformation, he trains harder than ever before and soon becomes unstoppably powerful. He enjoys several victories, and assumes the in-your-face title, Darth Bane.

Darth Bane is ruthless and accepts NO excuse. The others may not care about results, but he knows results are everything! So, he acts on his vision again and soon transforms into the most powerful, intelligent Sith Lord the universe has ever known.

Using his strength of will, cunning, and battle intuition... He crushes them all!!!

The other 2 books in the series follow Darth Bane as he continues taking action and rising to unlimited power. There are many road blocks along the way, but he simply crushes that shit one at a time, until there's literally nothing that can stop him.

It All Started With a Vision!

Darth Bane doesn't give a shit about goals!

Goals are not the outcome!

Goals are small things we need to meet in order to achieve our vision, but even when we fail at meeting goals, we can still achieve that vision.

One of the biggest problems with focusing on goals is that we only take steps that get us to the outcome of those goals.

For instance, if my goal is to make 10 dollars this week, and I actually hit that goal... then what?!

I don't know wtf to do with myself because that was my goal. I didn't have a vision. There was nothing beyond the $10.

When we operate from a vision we see the bigger picture. We see the life we want to have. The culmination of all our goals realized.Then we take actions that move us closer to that vision, instead of just closer to achieving our goals.

When we do this, we take WAY BIGGER, WAY MORE POWERFUL ACTIONS.

And those actions lead to WAY BIGGER, WAY BETTER RESULTS!

Maybe being the Lord of the Sith isn't the prettiest title, and maybe others will tell it's impossible or that you you're a moron for thinking you can have it all...

But what if you had a clear vision about where you're going?

What if you knew they were all 100% wrong?

How would that change the actions you take?

How would that change your entire life?

There's one reason I've always loved the Sith more than the Jedi.

It's that real Sith Lords act on their visions.

Real Sith Lords take MASSIVE F*ckING ACTION and don't stop until they've built the empire exactly as they saw it from the start!

And that's exactly how we, as entrepreneurs, copywriters, or whatever else you wanna call yourself, need to be. We have to find our vision, and take action to make it happen!

Jedi ignore this path completely.
They are sidewalkers.

Sith Wannabes fake action.
They are slowlaners.

Darth Banes embrace their vision, and take actions that bring it to life.
Darth Banes are rulers. Leaders. Entrepreneurs.
Fastlaners.

It's time to find your vision.

There's one last thing I want to mention about Darth Bane.

He's VERY passionate

It's not that he loves training, or that he loves battle.
It's not that any of these things are hobbies he enjoys.
He simply takes action, figures out what works and LOVES the results.
He doesn't do what he does because it's what he wants to do.
He does it because it's the ONLY way to WIN.

Now enjoy the Sith Creed.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.

Through passion, I gain strength.

Through strength I gain power.

Through power, I gain victory.

Through victory, may chains are broken.

Day 7 Challenge
Today we're reversing things a little.

1. Close your eyes and imagine the life you want to have. See the cars, houses, food, and whatever else you want to have when you've finally made it. Now blow that picture up, and put yourself in it as if it were already your reality, and just allow yourself to experience it. Experience the sights, sounds smells. Take it all in. This is your vision.

2. Take one action that moves you toward that vision.

3. Do all the other steps from yesterday's challenge, only this time do it from a position of power, as you now understand your vision. Don't just go through the motions. Do it with the knowledge of what your future holds if you take this serious RIGHT NOW.

That's it for today's mindset lesson.
Find your vision, take action and
reap the rewards. When you're
ready, continue to Day 8
Technique Lesson

For day 7 I revised yesterday's letter. Interestingly, new ways of saying things came up today. I guess sometimes sleeping on your copy can make it better.

You Shouldn't Spend Hours on Copy That Doesn't Convert
Are you tired of spending hours writing copy that doesn't work?

Do you want to generate more sales without spending hours writing ads and sales letters?

Hire a copywriter now.

Professional copy gives you more sales with less hassle.

This is an Investment

Hiring a copywriter is an investment. This is not an expense.

You will get every dollar you put in back and then some. In fact, I expect to give you a 500% ROI. You will get 5$ for every 1$ spent. Consider spending a couple hundreds of dollars. You will get back 5 times that.

No More Headaches

It's midnight, you've been working on your ad for all day now. You're tired and you'd like to spend time in your warm bed, but
you can't. You have to make this ad work or you can't pay rent.

Wouldn't it be lovely for this kind of scenarios to never happen again?

It is possible if you hire a good copywriter.

Why Not Write the Copy Yourself?

You could write the copy yourself, but why should you?

Why not have someone else do it?

Think about it, you could spend more time with your kids, wife, and friends. Or, at the very least, you could do the things that you know how to do.

Hiring a copywriter gives you a breather. You do not have to spend hours upon hours to create copy that doesn't make sales.

What If My Copy Doesn't Work?

You have no guarantee you'll get results, right?

Wrong.

I'm serious about providing you a great service. If you do not get a 500% ROI or are not satisfied for any other reason I will give you a full refund. No questions asked. If you get less than a 500% ROI, you get your money back.

So How Much Does It Cost?

My prices are simple and straight-forward. For one page of copy, you will pay 500$. If you buy two pages of copy you get a 10% discount.

If you are interested in working with me contact me right away. I'll make all your copy problems disappear.

Buy Until 14th October to Get 20% Off

Contact Me at
or
emai@email.com

lazaralex

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Dec 19, 2016
Day 8 | Technique Lesson 3
Write Logically.

I if understand wrote sentence this you order would out of still?

No, you wouldn't understand if I wrote that sentence out of order, because your brain can't easily make sense of it. Instead, you'd have to logically rearrange the info first into recognizable patterns.

The same holds true for copy.

In fact, it also holds true for pretty much all influence, persuasion, & sales communications.

When information isn't presented logically, then it doesn't make sense and we lose interest fast.

I'm running short on time today, so it's like this:

Imagine if you opened a landing page and instead of a headline, you saw:

Click Here to Buy Now

Would you do it? Would you buy right now?

Uh, no... You don't even know what the product is, what it does, or even what it claims to do!

A whole lot of info is missing.

What if you scrolled down and the next thing you read was this:

Just imagine the smile on your face when you plant all 9 inches of
young firm wood deep inside your fresh, brown, dirt hole...

ORDER YOURS NOW!

Does that make you want to buy?

Does it satisfy your needs for information?

Does it tap into your emotional desires?

No, no & no.

But it does make you think the owner is some kind of pervert...

Now, what if you scrolled all the way to the bottom and finally saw the headline:

Plant Sapling Trees & Help Save the Environment!
Oh, now I get it! It's some kind of tree-hugging environmental company or something like that, and I think they're selling dildos or trees, but I'm not really sure...

At this point it wouldn't matter how well-intentioned the company was, because there's no way in hell you'd buy. If they're not organized or professional enough to present their information in ways you understand, then you sure as hell aren't going to give them your money!

And that's the whole lesson for today.

Every single thing you write, from your headline to your CTA absolutely MUST flow in logical order.

But how do you know if it's logical or not?

Follow the example set by writers!

Presenting your copy logically is as simple as answering a few questions, and creating an outline.

Start by asking what your prospect desires most.

The answer tells you how to write your headline.

Then ask, the who, what, when ,where, why, & how questions.

Questions like:

What is this website about?

Why should I care?
How can they give me what I need?
Who runs this place?
Where do I go for more info?

Those are just a few examples, but they show the kind of thoughts that run through our minds when we first enter a site, or read a sales letter, or open an email etc.

When you answer those questions and figure out which order the prospect asks them in, then you can write your Sub-Headlines. These work just like Chapter Headings in a novel. First write them down and then you'll have the big picture of your copy finished.

After that the only thing left to do is write the body copy for each section.

For example:

This is My Headline
1st Sub-Head: What is This Site About?

2nd Sub-Head: Why Should I Care?

3rd Sub-Head: How Can They Help Me?

Call To Action 1

4th Sub-Head: What Proof Do They Have?

5th Sub-Head: Who Else Buys From Them?

6th Sub-Head: Who Owns This Joint?

7th Sub-Head: What Do I Do Next?

Call To Action 2

The trickiest part isn't really tricky at all. The hardest thing you have to do is figure out the process a prospect goes through when they read your copy for the first time. But, that's not hard to do, because pretty much every person who reads it goes through the same logical process.

There are tons of places that can help you gain this info. For instance, the users on this forum might be willing to give you feedback if you ask nicely. If not, there are tons of other websites, and places like Facebook, or Meetup.com where you can get helpful opinions about your structure and flow.

After you have the basic logical structure figured out, the rest is easy. It's just a matter of filling in the body copy with more details & info for each section.

Figure out and follow the logical patterns your prospects need to understand, and your copy will sell a thousand times better!

Day 8 Challenge

1. Close your eyes and imagine the life you want to have. See it is bright vibrant colors. Smell whatever success smells like to you. Hear any sounds that you associate with the life you want to have. Blow the image up and put yourself in it. See it from behind your eyes.

2. Help someone without asking anything in return.

3. Take some action you've been too scared to take.

4. Write 5 Creative Headlines

5. Write a website "About Us" page using everything you've learned to this point, and make sure you do it in logical order.

If you're still following this thread then thank you!
I appreciate you taking the time to read, learn
& take action towards the life you want to
have! That's more than most will ever
do! When you're ready, continue
on to Day 9, Influence
Lesson

Here goes day 8 challenge:

Action:
I've sent emails pitching my copywriting services to blue-collar businesses. I've also set up a Fiverr account since I can't figure out how to make UpWork approve me. Too many copywriters I guess.

5 Creative Headlines:

The Products

1. Persian Carpets
2. Gold Watches
3. Premium Baby Diapers
4. Local Cleaning Business
5. Vitamin Water

The Headlines

1. “The Finest Persian Carpets - Not Everybody Can Have Those”
2. “Get a 24 Karat Gold Watch – Everyone Will Know You’ve Made It”
3. “Pampers – Your Baby Deserves It”
4. “Wine Stained Tablecloth? No Problem!”
5. “The Reason Athletes Don’t Drink Regular Water”

“About Us” Page:

I’ll make an “About Us Page for a cloth cleaning firm.

About Proclean

The Best Cloth Cleaner of Bucharest

We are proud to say we are the winners of the prize “The Best Cloth Cleaner of Bucharest” for the past 3 years in a row. Given the exceptional services we provide, we expect to win the prize again this year.

Premium Cloth Cleaning Services

We do not claim, nor even try, to be the cheapest or most affordable cleaning service. What we claim is that we will make your clothes spotless in 48 hours or less.
You Have Better Things to Do Than Laundry

If your clothes are dirty and you simply do not have the time to take care of them…

Contact Us Now
Some Photos of The Cleaning Process

Here are some photos of us cleaning your clothes:

[insert photos of the cleaning process: one with a dirty cloth, one mid-process and one after the cloth has been cleaned]
More Than 700 Satisfied Customers
[Insert 3 Actual Testimonials]
These People Make It All Possible

[insert photos of the employees, preferably with smiles on their faces and in nice uniforms]
Here’s How You Can Reach Us

Office Phone: 0249734
Mobile Phone: 0758894456
Email: email@proclean.com

Call Us Now And Be Rid of Dirty Clothes

G

Guest92dX

@SinisterLex

It's Eastern Crane here man! I finally found your copywriting crash course. I'm still getting used to the forum. Will you review my copy for each day? 15 days to freedom man. I'm down for it.

15 days is just the beginning though. This is a grind man.

Day 2:

Vomit Protocol: The Only Quit Smoking Method So Effective You Will Be Scared to Even Look at a Cigarette

P.S. Every purchase comes with a free bodyweight training program.

(Really working on this protocol/info product program. It will make you scared to even be near them)

Sweet Sake Series: The Best Japanese Alcohol at Your Door in Minutes

Hungry
: The Secret Game So Taboo It Makes GTA Look Like Sonic The Hedgehog! Download It Now Before It's Shutdown

Haute Cooking: Bespoke Dishes of the Avant Garde That Only the Wealthy Know About

Suits AND Jewelry for the Man who doesn't walk but Progresses into a Room

Elegant Eastern Eating: Come Get Your Plate

Quick Money The Grimy Way

(Lol)

Depressed? It May Be Genetics NOT you! Consult with Your Doctor and See if Qualraxicalica Is the right Genetic Treatment for You!

Wear the Clothes the Movie Stars Wear! No Knockoffs Here!

Fix Your Teeth Fast! It Isn't Cheap Though!

(How did I do Lex?)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.