The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Labor Day Weekend, Whatchya Doing?

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
In the USA, Labor Day weekend is here, was wondering what everyone has planned?

If anything?

Let's here it!

I'm hoping to get lost in the mountains if the weather isn't too humid!

IMG_0176.JPG

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
Headed to the beach for the weekend!

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
I'm surprised MJ. You certainly don't need holidays. Disappearing into the mountains is a great thing though. I rarely plan anything on the holidays that will involve crowds.

Starting Monday night, I will be taking my granddaughter on a camping trip to Prescott.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
G

Guest3722A

Headed up to ride minibikes and go canoeing over the weekend in Houghton Lake, MI, then we're thinking about going to the U.P. and getting a cabin.

Edwin Fernandez

Freedom
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Feb 7, 2018
Man those things look like fun MJ, you can drink without fear of the po-po or hurting others, or even your self with that roll cage. Hope you have a blast.

My plans, go to the beach, and catch up with my little ones after the long exhausting work week, and use the free time in between those moments and at night to work on the fastlane business.

Last edited:

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
What state?

Florida, Redington Beach. It's hot here anyway, so we had might as well go somewhere where that's a feature (the sun anyway). Truth is though, I come out in the early mornings and evenings to avoid bursting into flames ;)

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
Funny that you posted that MJ because 3 minutes ago my grandson was in here and we were discussing whether to buy a UTV or an ATV. I'd love a UTV but 99% of the places around here will not let you ride them. He already has an ATV that we keep in Florida and that is why he wants a UTV but it's a no-go, ATV it will have to be. We looked at one today but I think we want a better one than we saw.

I am doing a little work then tomorrow to the dirt track, then Sunday to another dirt track south of Dallas. And at some point I promised the lil woman to take her to a place called Babe's Chicken. I think her and the grandson just want to go to the pie shop and candy store next to Babe's (luckily for me). lol Then Monday I have to go pick up the mother in law to come over for the day (she is 91). So basically almost a regular weekend for me. lol

The Abundant Man

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 3, 2018
North Coast Music Festival in Chicago aka Summer's Last Stand. Well I'm going to walk around, explore, take some drone photography and meet random people for a couple hours then eat Chicago Pizza first.

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
sports, games and app dev pretty much

Patrickg

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Nov 20, 2016
Headed up to ride minibikes and go canoeing over the weekend in Houghton Lake, MI, then we're thinking about going to the U.P. and getting a cabin.

Houghton is awesome, I was just up at Higgins last weekend. And did UP in June, that was unforgettable!

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
Working on Labor Day promotions AND a new 4 product launch on Labor Day. A weekend filled with content creation, drip feeding teasers for the new launch, email designing, copywriting, sending. Taking photos and editing of new products. Hope to get out for a few hours in between all that. ;)

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
1. Clear off enough college and group assignment work to prepare for upcoming mishaps. I had a group leader fall sick last week two days before the presentation and the slides were not done. She couldn't even more a muscle. So I had to jump in. My Fastlane schedule suffered a little, but we made it.

Funny thing, it was a group presentation on social entrepreneurship, for a water sanitation plan for an Indian-polluted area near Hyderabad. I took some Fastlane tips on selecting partner social enterprises to rope in technical help to get more cost-efficient water filtration devices (and studied some actual local ones as well), since to ship them from overseas would cost a bomb.

For those who aren't sure what a social enterprise is, it is like your regular biz with competitors, value proposition, barriers to entry, and all, but it CANNOT rely on donations alone like a regular charity or NGO. And it has to focus on a social mission, like helping the poor or disadvantaged.

The classes were like an altruistic version of an entrepreneur class lol.
But IMO, make your money first, and then go save the people. From what I learned, you probably won't get very high margins in the beginning, especially if you choose to sell the stuff that helps the poor folks at lower prices that fits their affordability. And there's a lot of heat on how social enterprises report their numbers these days.

I've got a business law critique session and marketing presentations eventually, so I'll have to make some early prep for them as a Plan B in case the group mates either ditch me or don't understand the content well enough to product great output.

Ordinarily, I would like to sacrifice grades for Fastlane, but I shouldn't break the 'give value' principle as well.

2. Draft more specific niche portfolio on copy. I made a bloody mistake in the first place on being a general copywriter. I'll look into health or education.

I would love to go for more networking events as well, but funny, the meetup.com sessions for that day are empty in my city.

3. Found a book recommend on Automatic Customer by John Warillow on here. Discusses some stuff on the subscription business model. I've seen some successful businesses like Dollar Shave Club use this model, and I had explored that for some early business ideas as well. Might take me more time than I expect to finish.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
Well it's father's Day here in Australia so I am gonna take my father out for lunch cause he's a legend.

Get some weights in and then chase up these god dam manufacturers!

Ravens_Shadow

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
643%
Oct 2, 2012
Austin, TX
Using this weekend to reflect on the success we've in the past few months and project how to get to $20k/m by May 2019. Also creating tutorials and new documentation for our software, since we pushed a significant update.

Michael1359

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Sep 8, 2014
Hanging at the beach until Monday, watching some football now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Abundant Man

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 3, 2018
It is a quiet, normal weekend for my husband and I.
eskimos.jpg

eskimos11.jpg

Just Kidding...

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
eskimos.jpg

eskimos11.jpg

Just Kidding...
Actually, today I collected a bunch of rents during my office hours -- since it's Sept 1st. I love that passive income. I moved some new tenants into a unit that has been vacant since Tuesday. I lost 0 days of rent on the transition and the new rent is $100 more per month. The new tenants arrived this afternoon from the Lower 48, so they'd sent their Sept. rent to me a couple of weeks ago. (Their furniture is on its way, and they were very happy with having a home ready for them.) We split about a cord of firewood when we got home that my husband had already bucked-up. Then we worked at stacking it. Our woodshed is getting full just in time for the coming winter. And then we went out to dinner while we're waiting to close our Laundromat at 10 PM. Like I said, we're having a normal quiet Friday.

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
Dang WJK, you did more in 1 day than I do in a week! lol Just reading all that made me need a nap :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.