The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Kinobody - The Exercise Program You're Probably Looking For

Greg Jeffries

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
239%
Sep 4, 2017
Austin, Texas
I promise I don't work for Kinobody, but I definitely recommend them.

So, just like probably most people on this forum, I don't just want to make a lot of money...but I want to look great and feel great too.

However, I have not aspirations to become some super bulky guy that spends hours a day in the gym.

If that is you too, then the exercise programs created by Kinobody are probably what you're looking for.

They're really simple to follow, you aren't going to be spending hours each week in the gym, and it's actually pretty easy to stick to, unlike other ideas that come to mind when I hear the word "diet".

I started with the Warrior Shredding Program, which is going to help you lean up and get that cut look. But they also have other programs, depending on your physique goals.

So, if you've been looking for a great program that you can easily adopt into your routine that will help you achieve the goal of getting ripped, definitely check out one of the Kinobody programs.

Oh, and they're stupidly affordable too, so you're not going to be spending a fortune or getting sucked into a monthly recurring membership site, or having to invest in some expensive shakes, etc. - so that's also a big plus :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

CPisHere

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Sep 17, 2011
Louisiana
I've done one of his programs before. It was fine. Frankly, fitness programs are all the same with a slightly different take.

But I do recommend following Greg O'Gallagher to see his marketing. He's got to be one of the top $ making fitness guys online.

Esoteric Wealth

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
259%
Oct 21, 2015
Eh, I'm big on progressive calisthenics. No gym. Workout anytime, anywhere. Bodyweight excercise only. Conditions your joints unlike weights (A lot of weightlifters complain about aching joints). You can do it even into old age (I like to think long term), there's old (70+) russian dudes on YouTube doing some damn impressive calisthenics work.

It looks cool as F*ck too once you start getting more advanced. You get strong ALL around, helps you gain strength for all activities you do daily. Not just at the gym. You can show off handstand push-ups at parties, and all kinds of feats of strength most weightlifters will never be able to do.

I honestly believe it's gonna be taking off more here in popularity in America in the near future, it's really a non-US thing, they do it in Russia, Europe, places in South America etc, where it goes by the name "street workout".

Convict Conditioning by Paul Wade is basically the bible of calisthenics where he teaches you the art of progressive calisthenics from where he learned it and where it still thrives today: prison. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED READ.

Colton

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
Aug 8, 2017
WA, USA
I've got to disagree with you here.

I was on his "greek god" program for a while in 2016 and found the programming to way to minimalist for getting that progressive overload that's necessary to build muscle. (wasn't able to add much weight at all and after about a month I actually started regressing in strength due to lack of variation and also the nature of the exercises in the program.)

I did get stupid lean (about 8% bodyfat) but that's from diet, and as long as you're doing any type of weight training you can get there.

A free program that I'd recommend is "Max OT". I gained my first 15 pounds of muscle during my first year of training on that program.

Right now, I'm on the Alpha Destiny Novice Program (FREE) since I really slacked off this last year in the gym and need to regain some lost strength. In about a month I'm getting on the Naturally Enhanced program (very pricey but a fantastic resource) which is also written by the same dude. The concurrent periodization helps you continue to make gains, avoiding plateaus for the most part and also avoiding the injury and regression that you'd risk if you kept really pushing yourself hard on the kinobody program for a long time.

But hey, if it's working for you then great! It didn't do much for me but everyone's a little different I suppose.

Last edited:

daru

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
172%
Feb 11, 2017
Earth
Eh, I'm big on progressive calisthenics. No gym. Workout anytime, anywhere. Bodyweight excercise only. Conditions your joints unlike weights (A lot of weightlifters complain about aching joints).
Ok. Can this be selection bias at work? I mean guys like Klokov, Clerence Kennedy and other Youtube top performers indeed have pain. But the thing here is "top performers". Is it really the same for all of the weekend warrior weightlifters out there?

I'm going the weightlifting route to try to fix my back pain. By weightlifting I mean olympic weightlifting which helps with strength, flexibility and speed (power).

And it is known that it doesn't matter what program a beginner starts with as gains are easy and fast. Is this a program for beginners or intermediates?

Ascension

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Feb 1, 2016
Germany
I'd have to agree with @Colton on Kinobody's stuff being to minimalistic. The cutting part works, but that is simply due to severe calorie restriction. Otherwise the volume and frequency is way to low for most naturals to make good progress. In natural athletes the muscular adaptions only take place in the 24 to maybe 48 hours following training, if you wait a week before training a muscle group again you're cutting yourself short.

It seems that your advice is tailored to beginners. Beginners are able to recover quite quickly and haven't developed the motor patterns to use their muscles optimally. Both would speak for higher frequency -> Three times a week full-body workouts
For that, as mentioned you've got Alpha Destiny's Novice Program or basically any Full-Body Workout that includes a fair share of compound movements.
You'll spend just as many days in the gym following Kinobody, your workouts might just be a bit longer. In exchange you get three times the stimulus and three times the practice performing the movements.

However, I have not aspirations to become some super bulky guy that spends hours a day in the gym.

As mentioned there is no need to spend hours upon hours in the gym. But whether you want to be bulky or not, the principles for building muscle remain the same. The bulky guy will just have to add extra pounds after you have achieved the body you want

waveman

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Jul 3, 2017
South Africa
I've seen and gone through his stuff before, and while he is accurate on a lot, I don't feel like his programs help you reach your full potential. You'll grow and he definitely knows what he's talking about when it comes to aesthetics (chest and arms are what you should focus on when new, etc), but his scientific knowledge doesn't seem that hot to me.

If you're looking for high level, fast results when it comes to gaining muscle, I highly recommend the guys over at Renaissance Periodization. I don't work for them or anything. I got one of their template programs (i.e. a spreadsheet that works out an entire 15-week program for you). It's the one for arms and shoulders, and I've never seen such fast results. Not with calisthenics, my own routines, or anything else. The downside is that you've got to purchase sheets for other body parts separately, and the sheets are fairly expensive, but they do have longevity.

ReubenA

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
291%
Jun 3, 2016
No opinion here but it's interesting how every guy has a very strong, different opinion on what works in fitness.

"no, this is how you should do it!"
"no, no, this!"

Is that because everyone is different, or because there's a range of different approaches that all work?

I think the marketing in the fitness industry is so spot on it creates very loyal followers

Last edited:

Ascension

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Feb 1, 2016
Germany
No opinion but it's interesting how every guy has a very strong, different opinion on what works in fitness.

"no, this is how you should do it!"
"no, no, this!"

Is that because everyone is different, or because there's a range of different approaches that all work?

I think the marketing in the fitness industry is so spot on it creates very loyal followers

I believe it's a mix of things. There are a variety of techniques that all work, some better, some worse. But since many will yield results the people following these approaches will vouch for them.

There is a giant dividing factor though and that is steroids. There are a lot of people in the fitness scene which are dishonest about their usage and are deceiving people that way. It makes it way easier to market products that way but the main problem is a different one.

Their advice is not ideal for naturals

Their recovery shoots through the roof, they can handle insane training volumes and the anabolic effects of their training can last up to a week compared to the general 1-2 days.

That is why there baiscally were no training splits prior to the spread of steroids, simply because it didn't make any sense. That doesn't mean you can't get results on a five-day "bro-split" and it doesn't mean you're taking something if you're following one but it simply isn't ideal.

daru

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
172%
Feb 11, 2017
Earth
Yeah. And the fact that pretty much any damn program will work for beginners! Of course they get all religious about their program when great gains are made in a short period of time. I was doing it myself in promoting Starting Strength. :wideyed:

mom

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
May 9, 2016
Secrets,secrets....there aren't any.

Eat at maintenance or just above (bulk) below (cut)

Lift weights and progress if you want your physique to progress...

Do some cardio for health.
80% is diet..not working out.

that's it. Calories count..90%, weights count 90% time. All the rest is smoke and mirrors. Carb cycling, int fasting, blah,blah.blah

I deadlift 225kg and shoulder press over 80kg now...at a bodyweight of 77kg. Not bad for an old guy if i say so myself...no book or coaching though I just gave you all my secrets.

100% discipline

Charnell

Block me if you're a quack
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Oct 12, 2014
Kansas City
I deadlift 225kg and shoulder press over 80kg now...at a bodyweight of 77kg. Not bad for an old guy if i say so myself...no book or coaching though I just gave you all my secrets.

Impressive username to post content ratio.

mom

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
May 9, 2016
I'd have to agree with @Colton on Kinobody's stuff being to minimalistic. The cutting part works, but that is simply due to severe calorie restriction. Otherwise the volume and frequency is way to low for most naturals to make good progress. In natural athletes the muscular adaptions only take place in the 24 to maybe 48 hours following training, if you wait a week before training a muscle group again you're cutting yourself short.

It seems that your advice is tailored to beginners. Beginners are able to recover quite quickly and haven't developed the motor patterns to use their muscles optimally. Both would speak for higher frequency -> Three times a week full-body workouts
For that, as mentioned you've got Alpha Destiny's Novice Program or basically any Full-Body Workout that includes a fair share of compound movements.
You'll spend just as many days in the gym following Kinobody, your workouts might just be a bit longer. In exchange you get three times the stimulus and three times the practice performing the movements.

As mentioned there is no need to spend hours upon hours in the gym. But whether you want to be bulky or not, the principles for building muscle remain the same. The bulky guy will just have to add extra pounds after you have achieved the body you want

OK...well i must be a freak then...i lift heavy once a week...1-3 rep range 1-2 sets...A natural can only put so much muscle on anyway and it's nt a huge amount. If you look into the facts of muscle growth (naturally) you will see there is no need (IN FACT MAKES THINGS WORSE) to work out too often. 1-2 x week should be enough...or start lifting heavier.

mom

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
May 9, 2016
Impressive username to post content ratio.

sorry.....what do you mean? I hope this isn't going to turn into a **** competition? I thought people on here were above that? But go on explain it.

Charnell

Block me if you're a quack
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Oct 12, 2014
Kansas City
sorry.....what do you mean? I hope this isn't going to turn into a **** competition? I thought people on here were above that? But go on explain it.
I just noticed your username is "mom" and in your post, you talked about being an old guy.

Esoteric Wealth

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
259%
Oct 21, 2015
Ok. Can this be selection bias at work? I mean guys like Klokov, Clerence Kennedy and other Youtube top performers indeed have pain. But the thing here is "top performers". Is it really the same for all of the weekend warrior weightlifters out there?

I'm going the weightlifting route to try to fix my back pain. By weightlifting I mean olympic weightlifting which helps with strength, flexibility and speed (power).

And it is known that it doesn't matter what program a beginner starts with as gains are easy and fast. Is this a program for beginners or intermediates?
I HIGHLY recommend you start bridging. It's been practiced for centuries but you'll rarely see it being done in a gym these days. If you're looking for something for your pain, bodyweight does wonders.

If you're interested, look up TheRedDelta project on YouTube, extremely underrated youtuber, but one with by far the best non fluff advice.

G

GuestUser450

Greg seems like a decent guy who's worked hard at his business. Good on him.

BUT - Kinobody is Intermittant Fasting+If It Fits Your Macros which is completely free information, even the calculators.
If you do those two things you can avoid his terrible books, broken site and fb group with 14 year olds posting gainz memes.

GoodluckChuck

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
419%
Feb 2, 2017
my house
There are certain parts of working out that are key, and any program will either be successful or not based on whether or not you meet the particular criteria to meet your goals.

No matter what type of exercise you're doing, you have to be doing damage to your muscles in order for them to rebuild stronger and larger. Pretty much any workout can be used to tear up muscle, or not. It depends on how you do it.

While I think picking a routine and sticking it with it for the specified time frame is a good idea, it's the commitment and follow through that produce the results, not necessarily the program.

For those with more experience that understand the science of exercise and nutrition a more liberal approach can be taken because at the core of it, if you're exhausting your muscles and tearing them up, then eating the right things, you will see results. If you're not doing these things, the program doesn't matter.

TTG SS

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Sep 3, 2014
Scottsdale, AZ
If you want real weight lifting advice check out muscleforlife.com

Read his books and applied them. Put in the work and they work.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.