The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Kanye West In Jeen-Yuhs - A story for entrepreneurs (MUST WATCH)

Joejordan95

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Sep 12, 2021
U.K
I've never been an avid fan of Kanye West apart from the songs his most famous mainly because they're actually catchy.

A musician friend recommended the documentary to me just for a good watch. The thing is, I'm not musically inclined at all but I'm open minded so I decided to try the doc and see what it was all about.

Long story short. This is one of the best documentaries I've ever seen in my life.

The documentary was made by a film-maker named coodie who came across Kanye when Kanye was 17 just producing beats for artists.

After spending time with Kanye he began to see that Kanye had a dream of becoming a rapper and one of the best there is. which is no easy feat and something about his confidence cause coodie to want to capture the journey of a man chasing his dreams.

What follows is videographic proof of the process in play over 20 years.

We get to see the knockbacks kanye faced in the music industry, with people trying to pigeon hole him as a producer when he identified as a rapper.

We get see moments like when he walks into the offices of roc-a-fella records and literally raps the early version of All Falls Down In front of executives and how they are completely not even acknowledging his existence in their office, the creation of his song Through The Wire and then years later a man on stage in front of thousands creating a fashion brand.

We also see the decline of his mental health in these episodes which makes for a difficult watching.

The reason I think this is a great documentary for any entrepreneur to watch is because we get to see as someone set a direction they want to go in their life and exploit every opportunity that was presented to them in the pursuit of achieving it while seeing the various knockbacks that would throw most people off the path.

It's a great visual representation of you can't fail if you don't give up.

I tend to view entrepreneurs and artists as very similar, I think just like this forum you can pick up breadcrumbs from the doc that are translatable to the entrepreneurial lifestyle like having confidence and belief but backing it up with relentless continuous meaningful action.

I think a lot of you will find it highly enjoyable.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
I am the biggest Kanye fan and could not believe what I saw when I was watching this.

It’s amazing that there’s all this footage from those times and he’s kept it secret this long.

He raps about those times in his songs, his through the wire song actually has him telling the whole story at the end of it on the album version.

I’m so glad this was released. I hope more people watch it and understand what a man he truly is.

If you look past all the random stuff in the media what you see is what this doco shows.

A man who believes in himself so strongly, and works so hard to achieve his dreams, and is trying to inspire others to do the same along the way.

I knew he worked hard and believed in himself, was knocked back by labels constantly etc, but I didn’t realise just how hard it was for him.

He already had a record deal but they wouldn’t release his budget so he borrowed studio time and called in all the favours he could to record a song and then spent $33000 of his own money having a video for it made, in the hope he would get the labels attention to release his budget.

I just listened to My First Million podcast episode about it too. They do an amazing summary of it and the key takeaways from it, particularly that apply to entrepreneurs and success and parenting.

They do a much better job of it than my lifetime Kanye fanboy reply.

I really hope everyone on this forum watches it.

At the very least if you don’t have the time, give the My First Million episode a listen for a decent summary.

Joejordan95

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Sep 12, 2021
U.K
I am the biggest Kanye fan and could not believe what I saw when I was watching this.

It’s amazing that there’s all this footage from those times and he’s kept it secret this long.

He raps about those times in his songs, his through the wire song actually has him telling the whole story at the end of it on the album version.

I’m so glad this was released. I hope more people watch it and understand what a man he truly is.

If you look past all the random stuff in the media what you see is what this doco shows.

A man who believes in himself so strongly, and works so hard to achieve his dreams, and is trying to inspire others to do the same along the way.

I knew he worked hard and believed in himself, was knocked back by labels constantly etc, but I didn’t realise just how hard it was for him.

He already had a record deal but they wouldn’t release his budget so he borrowed studio time and called in all the favours he could to record a song and then spent $33000 of his own money having a video for it made, in the hope he would get the labels attention to release his budget.

I just listened to My First Million podcast episode about it too. They do an amazing summary of it and the key takeaways from it, particularly that apply to entrepreneurs and success and parenting.

They do a much better job of it than my lifetime Kanye fanboy reply.

I really hope everyone on this forum watches it.

At the very least if you don’t have the time, give the My First Million episode a listen for a decent summary.
Honestly man, I watched the whole thing in disbelief.

Now when I listen to his music I understand it way more. So many moments when I watched the doc and thought to myself I can understand exactly how you feel. People not understanding your way of thinking or why you think like that.

Felt like his life was completely unscripted and all the "Scriptee's" tryna make someone fit their narrative.

I'll give that podcast a listen though so thanks for the tip man, is it on all normal podcast platforms?

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
Honestly man, I watched the whole thing in disbelief.

Now when I listen to his music I understand it way more. So many moments when I watched the doc and thought to myself I can understand exactly how you feel. People not understanding your way of thinking or why you think like that.

Felt like his life was completely unscripted and all the "Scriptee's" tryna make someone fit their narrative.

I'll give that podcast a listen though so thanks for the tip man, is it on all normal podcast platforms?
He’s unscripted for sure man.

He stands up for what he thinks is right and believes in too. There’s so much bullshit going on in politics, music industry and media and he really isn’t afraid to speak out against it.

He’s done a number of long form interviews over the years at different stages in his career which have always looked crazy at the time but you watch them a year later and he was right.

Here’s the Spotify link but it’s on Apple etc

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

RaviX

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 14, 2022
It was his belief in himself that did it for me. The man was practicing his Grammy speech years before he ended up with one. He believed in his talent and his connections. It's a great documentary that highlights the role of failure in success.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.