The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Journal of Next Business

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...
G

Guest92dX

Day 1:

Stats:
20 cold emails
1 response from a possible auto-responder followed redirect to new email.
1 bounce
0 responses
0 sales
6 business failures

Feelings:

I reconciled with my fears of embarrassment thanks to my inner work coach. We're using the Sedona method currently. We previously used some stuff from Kabala mysticism to remove blocks. We also used emotional freedom technique for a while.

He helped me get to a product for the first time. Ever since, I haven't had a problem getting to product. The first business sale is still elusive though.

I also reconciled with people looking down on me or making fun of me about this and telling me to do other stuff. I abandoned my last progress thread because of those feelings.

Habit to quit:

Smoking

Current Status:

Finding product idea and looking for first sale.

overarching goal:
Software business by end of August

Goals for today:

25 new emails sent
20 minutes of meditation
4 mile walk
5 new terms learned in my industry

Challenges:

I know nothing about my industry. It's hard to add value without a deep understanding.

Thoughts:

I want to be like my favorite poster: @MTF. I want to see what happens when you don't give up.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited by a moderator:

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
G

Guest92dX

Day 2:

+25 emails
1 of 4 daily goals hit

Stats:
45 cold emails
3 bounces
0 responses
0 sales
6 business failures

Feelings and Thoughts:
I feel like email is a black hole and isn't as valuable as everyone says it is, thinking about my own personal flooded email and how few of the emails I even see.

If they don't end up in my primary email account or the second area I check then they probably aren't even seen or read.

I feel like I should change tactics, but I'm going to give this a few more tries before I toss the tactics I'm currently using.

--

Some people in a tech group were saying they would just go to a group, but I'm not even sure if a group exists for what I'm trying to do. I haven't checked though.

Habit to quit:

smoking

-8 cigarettes yesterday

Current Status:

Goals for today:

note: I put down too many goals. Trying to hit multiple goals is frustrating. I'm cutting my goal number in half.

20 minutes of meditation
5 new industry terms learned

Challenges:

I'm thinking about reframing my approach to create a free report on the most successful businesses in my industry and what they're doing. This seems like a way to add value.

Not sure though. It has probably been done to death for my industry.

Questions:

1. Is it bad etiquette to send an email on the weekend?
2. Will the email be read after the weekend?

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
What are you exactly sending to those people?

G

Guest92dX

The first ten emails had the headline: "Are you the correct person"

That led to a referral email

Second ten had the headline: "Are you the right person" or something like that 0 responses

The next 25 emails had: an industry specific question that is probably on everyone's mind right now.

Here is the body of the email content for the first 20:

Hello xxxx,
I work for an entrepreneur who wants to know what software or hardware problems/challenges your company is facing. Are you the right person to speak to about this matter?

This is not a sales email.
We'd like to conduct a short interview with you or someone at your company to find out current challenges facing {insert your organization}.

Please direct me to the right person, or if you're the right person, please give me your direct line and a time to call you.

With Compassion,

{insert female name}

P.S. You can leave a message about your organization's current challenges at our website: xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Here is the body of the email content for the next 25:

Hello xxxxxx,

What are some challenges or opportunities facing your organization regarding the {insert industry question}? I work for an entrepreneur who would like to know any problems solvable with hardware or software.

This is not a sales email.

We would like to setup a short interview with you. If you're not the right person, please refer us to the right person in your organization.

With Compassion,

{insert female name}

P.S. You can tell us about challenges or opportunities your organization wants solved at: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

We bolded and highlighted so you can skim :)

-------------

End emails

I'm not sure what if I'm doing anything wrong. Hubspot had a cold email guide that suggested asking for the correct person.

Also, I pulled the emails from an industry trade association website. I'm not even sure if these are representative of quality companies. I've usually found that organizations that belong to trade associations usually suck and only do it as a marketing ploy because they can't figure out how to market.

Some of the websites for the companies suck as well.

The next few hundred leads I pull will be better researched.

Fwiw, I know what to do when I get on the phone. I can't copywrite well though yet. I have a system/process that I'm sure will work over the phone. I was even going to post about it, but I decided not to. They just have to want to hear me out.

@MTF am I doing something horribly wrong?

I tried using the 80/20 power curve to calculate future responsiveness, and I think I'm doing it wrong.

It seems like I might only get like a 14% response rate. This seems similar to a thing I read online by a UX design consultant who got a 14% response rate and .4% conversion rate.

Which means, I'll wind up with 3 customers lol.

OverByte

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
May 18, 2014
Canada
@EasternCrane you're initial emails look like they provide 0 value to the recipients. You are cold emailing and asking for help with your business with no explanation of what is in it for them. Maybe try and think of ways you could help them in the first email. Example: freely providing some sort of information that may be useful, if you are looking to gather more information about the industry maybe ask if they would be available for a short interview as an expert in the field and that you are compiling a report that you will give for free. Get creative with it. I'm sure some other people have better ideas but I think a common theme will be to lead with something valuable.

It also seems to me that you are trying to come off larger than you are sending an email poised as an assistant. I would be more upfront about this and say you are learning the industry...

G

Guest92dX

The "assistant" is to just get responses since guys respond to women more than men. That's all lol.

I'm definitely not trying to seem bigger than I am.

I was going to lead with a report. It makes sense.

I want to make it K.I.S.S. though.

Edit:
Will remove the "assistant" though.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
This approach worked for me in the past, but I no longer think it's that useful, particularly since so many people started using it after learning it from Dane Maxwell. I also think that I was simply lucky with my approach as I somehow emailed the right person at the right time.

Can this approach still work? For sure. Is it the most effective approach? I don't think so.

As @OverByte said, your email doesn't provide value and isn't actually a good way to learn about the industry because very few people will share their problems with strangers online (and if you're in the wrong industry, almost nobody will reply, fearing that it's competition).

If I were to follow this approach again I'd just start participating in forums for the industry, reading blogs (and commenting), browsing Reddit, attending local meetings, etc. This way you could immerse yourself in the industry and pinpoint pains and problems in a natural way and then have a group of people to reach out to (spend a few weeks/months on the same forum and people will recognize you and trust you more than a random online stranger).

G

Guest92dX

Day 4:

Nothing happened on day 3 besides a wake up call to myself.

Update:
+5 possible market pains found through keyword research.
I picked the most pressing 3 issues.

Current Stats:
45 cold emails
3 bounces
0 responses
0 sales
6 business failures

Feelings and Thoughts:
I had a few beers today. I went through Perry Marshall's market research section from 80/20. It needs to be updated again. It would be cool if he released an updated market research section. I followed all the steps and realized that I had been glossing over 5 possible complaints to target for my industry.

This process seems slow. It really is act. assess. adjust. Knowing that you start with a problem, the first thing you ask is, "how do I find a problem." My first question was how do I get on the phone with them to use my skills best. I'm realizing more and more that I've had the necessary skills for a while to start, but I'm getting in my own way.

I keep reading on the forum that it takes like 2 or 3 years of spinning your wheels before everything clicks. I've put that time in already. Started listening TMF again just to see if I missed anything. Unscripted seems to be denser, and I don't like anything that doesn't read like a casual textbook. If you can't give theory and prescription then you ain't no doctor. lol.

There's this thing in me that tells me I can't fail now. I want to listen to it. I can't fail if I find a real painful problem. I'm probably wrong, but I think failure is impossible if you have a real problem.

Habit to quit:
smoking
0 change in cigarette intake

Current Status:

overarching goal:

Goals for today:
Finish the value add report that makes sense for the problems I'm addressing.

Possible Changes:
I don't know if the medium I'm using is effective enough to get started. If my value add improves my message by 100% then I'll wind up with a paltry 6 customers and 28% response rate.

Challenges:
Not sure if the report I'm making is valuable enough.

Current Problem to Solve:
Figure out how to get people responding.

Questions for Anyone Reading:
1. Is massive value tangible?
I've had hangups with Unscripted about this. There are some really valuable things that are intangible like resilience, persistence, and dedication. You can even teach people those things by showing them through your actions.

-------
Note: the detailed/systematic documentation is just for me. I had a similar process when I was making 1,000 cranes. I wanted to prove to myself that I could finish something, anything. This just helps give me focus and keeps me from forgetting. I needed 8 months to finish the cranes, so I if do better time wise with this project then I'm feeling good.

G

Guest92dX

Day 5:

Value for anyone reading:

Riddle of the Day:

How do you eat an elephant?

Quote of the day:
"Fear seems to have many causes. Fear of loss, fear of failure, fear of being hurt, and so on, but ultimately all fear is the ego's fear of death, of annihilation. To the ego, death is always just around the corner. In this mind-identified state, fear of death affects every aspect of your life." --Eckhart Tolle
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Update:
+2 reports created. 1 for sales and marketing. 1 for software. The first is 3 pages. The other report is 1 page.
+1 personalized cold email.

Current Stats:
45 cold emails
+1 extremely personalized cold email
3 bounces
0 responses
0 sales
6 business failures

Feelings and Thoughts:
I just realized that all of my leads are garbage. They aren't even consistent. So now I have to find new leads. I'll probably have to get some coffee and use some diesel to hit up a good library @Andy Black. I enjoyed that post of yours.

I spent like 3 - 5 hours creating the reports and about 45 min sending the email. It took 45 min to send the one cold email. I profiled the contact and researched as much as I could about him within reason.

My new goal is to send 5 of these a day.

Habit to quit:
smoking
0 change in cigarette intake

Current Status:
Finding new leads.

overarching goal:

Goals for today:
+30 min of meditation
Finish TMF for the second time to see if there's anything I missed.

Goal for tomorrow:
+5 new leads

Possible changes:
None for right now.

Challenges:
I feel insecure about this entire process and putting myself out there. I even feel insecure about making this progress thread. I feel like people will just laugh at me like on other occasions.

Find a bunch of consistent leads that fit the same profiling.

Question for Anyone Reading:
1. Is there a way for a non-technical layman to create robust infographics?

-------
Note: this thread is made to prove two things to myself: 1. I can finish a really large project with more than just building a product. 2. I can make real sales from people I don't know. I've made sales before, but they were one-off things.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I'll probably have to get some coffee and use some diesel to hit up a good library @Andy Black. I enjoyed that post of yours.
Glad you liked that post

I'm sure you already realised that "spend your money on diesel and coffee" means going to meet people one-on-one and having a coffee with them. You're not following up on "leads", but having a coffee with people in your network. Get to know them. Find out what they're up to. Tell them what you're up to. No pressure. No "closing".

Keep doing that and things will likely start moving for you.

Here's another post that might be of interest:

G

Guest92dX

Glad you liked that post
You're not following up on "leads", but having a coffee with people in your network. Get to know them.

Thank you for reminding me. I forgot for a second. People not leads. I read your post too. Hand-crafted emails with one of my primary values: thoughtfulness.

I kind of suck at not being needy though. My inner work coach and I frequently handle issues with attachment. Everything in me that I don't want is magnified because of my current situation. I'm doing my best though and that's all I can do. I'm also taking all advice that I can act on.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I kind of suck at not being needy though. My inner work coach and I frequently handle issues with attachment. Everything in me that I don't want is magnified because of my current situation. I'm doing my best though and that's all I can do. I'm also taking all advice that I can act on.
This can be really hard to pull off when your back’s against the wall.

Being needy pushes what you want away from you.

Being detached from the outcome is the best way. For me, that comes from having an abundance mindset, *and* from focusing on helping people rather than trying to make a sale.

GoGetter24

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
210%
Oct 8, 2017
Various
Have you checked the emails are getting through? Opening receiver accounts on typical email services to check your emails don't get junked etc.

Also you can try assumptive emails. Based on what data you do know about possible pain points in the industry you're targeting, you can craft 4 different emails that come off as "knowing" on 4 different pain point guesses, and then email them in equal proportion to see what gets bites.

The problem with asking for general problems is "Who are you? Why should I tell you?". If you have no idea their problems, you have no credibility.

p0stscript

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Feb 7, 2018
UK
There are plenty of free and paid services for designing infographics. Here are a few:

Thanks for the links, have tried Canvas so far, to create a book cover, and found it easy to use giving professional looking results; and Venngage to create an infographic following their simple to understand steps, again producing an impressive result for a first timer.

Last edited:
G

Guest92dX

Have you checked the emails are getting through? Opening receiver accounts on typical email services to check your emails don't get junked etc.

Also you can try assumptive emails. Based on what data you do know about possible pain points in the industry you're targeting, you can craft 4 different emails that come off as "knowing" on 4 different pain point guesses, and then email them in equal proportion to see what gets bites.

The problem with asking for general problems is "Who are you? Why should I tell you?". If you have no idea their problems, you have no credibility.

Almost done with that. Is there a service for receiver accounts to check a bunch at once?

Clean domain. Check. 0 for 103 blacklists.
Email style. Check. Super clean.

No tracking because that alerts spam filters.

Stargazer

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Mar 8, 2018
England
To change the language your email reads as follows:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi.

My Software friend has asked me to email you.

Can you stop what you are doing and take the time to let me know what problems you might have.

Thanks

EC
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This on the other hand is an interesting observation of yours don't you think? For two reasons.

I've usually found that organizations that belong to trade associations usually suck and only do it as a marketing ploy because they can't figure out how to market.

Some of the websites for the companies suck as well.

Off the top of my head I would be thinking about approaching the Trade Associations and doing a survey via them.

1) It could be for whatever it was you were hoping from your experiment. ie A survey of common problems.

2) It could be a 'Where do your customers come from?' type survey if you want to think about a Marketing Solution.

Either way you are more likely to get response in conjunction with the Authority TA doing the send out. They may be sending newsletters, magazines to their members on a regular basis.

As someone above has already pointed out, you should be getting your hands on these plus visiting various relevant Industry Forums anyway.

Dan

G

Guest92dX

I cannot understand your message or point. Will you convey it in a more clear and concise fashion?

Stargazer

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Mar 8, 2018
England
Which bit?

First bit was to show you why your email isn't working but someone above has expanded so no need for me to.

Second bit is that you have already identified a problem. So why don't you offer to solve that?

Dan

lewj24

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 12, 2016
St. Louis, MO
I read this thread and was interested in hearing more of your story so I went back to old threads and posts of yours to get more details on you. Here's my advice:

You can correct me if I'm wrong but it seems like you have no job, you live at home with your parents, you smoke, and you have big dreams. (There's nothing majorly wrong with this, I just wanted to understand your situation better.)

If my above description of you is correct then I don't understand why your first 4 daily goals were so hard to achieve. Assuming that's literally all you have to do all day. Also, what do those daily goals accomplish? I could take a guess but they seem random. Is your goal to get healthier? Get ideas? Free your mind? Learn more? Start a business? There is no clear cut goal. What are you aiming for?

You also seem to focus on a ton of random things. You have talked about email, meditation, smoking, reading books, the 80/20 rule, walking, riddles, quotes, kabala mysticism, and whatever else you have said. All of that is great and all but I think you are spreading yourself thin. I also wanted to say you definitely are overthinking or going through analysis paralysis, whatever you want to call it. You have even admitted it yourself in other posts. Add some simplification in your life, you are making things very difficult on yourself.

You can do this. If I were you I would simplify my goals. For example if you want to quit smoking then your goal should be to either quit cold turkey or reduce the amount of cigarettes smoked per day. If you smoke 20 per day maybe make it your goal to only to smoke 15. Once that is normal you reduce it again.

Your goal to send 25 emails per day isn't a good goal. The reason is because you don't have a goal above it. Why are you trying to send 25 emails? (Obviously it's to get a business idea but you have it backwards and not clearly defined.) What's going to happen is your emails will fail and you will be lost at what to do.

If it's your goal to start a successful company then you have to ask yourself, "How do I start a successful company?" Lets say you get a bunch of answers and you discover you need a business idea. Well now you ask, "How do I get a business idea?" You come up with the answer of sending emails to people asking for problems and ideas. Great. That's fine. You now have the goal to send 25 emails a day. Nothing wrong with that. The reason this way is better is once it fails you go back to your goal question, "How do I get a business idea?" Now your goal is to find another way to get ideas.

The bad parts that I have read make you sound like an entitled kid who blames the world for his problems. "I put out 1k job apps and can't get a job." "I have a mental illness." "I'm a minority." "I have no business ideas." "I don't understand please explain it more." You may already be working on this a bit since it was in your past threads but I still wanted to make sure you understood that It's your responsibility to figure out your problems, not the worlds. You can't always rely on others to answer your questions for you.

I also believe you should get a job. No matter what it might be.

Good luck.

jcvlds

JC
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Jul 9, 2016
Mexico > Texas > Florida
I read this thread and was interested in hearing more of your story so I went back to old threads and posts of yours to get more details on you. Here's my advice:

You can correct me if I'm wrong but it seems like you have no job, you live at home with your parents, you smoke, and you have big dreams. (There's nothing majorly wrong with this, I just wanted to understand your situation better.)

If my above description of you is correct then I don't understand why your first 4 daily goals were so hard to achieve. Assuming that's literally all you have to do all day. Also, what do those daily goals accomplish? I could take a guess but they seem random. Is your goal to get healthier? Get ideas? Free your mind? Learn more? Start a business? There is no clear cut goal. What are you aiming for?

You also seem to focus on a ton of random things. You have talked about email, meditation, smoking, reading books, the 80/20 rule, walking, riddles, quotes, kabala mysticism, and whatever else you have said. All of that is great and all but I think you are spreading yourself thin. I also wanted to say you definitely are overthinking or going through analysis paralysis, whatever you want to call it. You have even admitted it yourself in other posts. Add some simplification in your life, you are making things very difficult on yourself.

You can do this. If I were you I would simplify my goals. For example if you want to quit smoking then your goal should be to either quit cold turkey or reduce the amount of cigarettes smoked per day. If you smoke 20 per day maybe make it your goal to only to smoke 15. Once that is normal you reduce it again.

Your goal to send 25 emails per day isn't a good goal. The reason is because you don't have a goal above it. Why are you trying to send 25 emails? (Obviously it's to get a business idea but you have it backwards and not clearly defined.) What's going to happen is your emails will fail and you will be lost at what to do.

If it's your goal to start a successful company then you have to ask yourself, "How do I start a successful company?" Lets say you get a bunch of answers and you discover you need a business idea. Well now you ask, "How do I get a business idea?" You come up with the answer of sending emails to people asking for problems and ideas. Great. That's fine. You now have the goal to send 25 emails a day. Nothing wrong with that. The reason this way is better is once it fails you go back to your goal question, "How do I get a business idea?" Now your goal is to find another way to get ideas.

The bad parts that I have read make you sound like an entitled kid who blames the world for his problems. "I put out 1k job apps and can't get a job." "I have a mental illness." "I'm a minority." "I have no business ideas." "I don't understand please explain it more." You may already be working on this a bit since it was in your past threads but I still wanted to make sure you understood that It's your responsibility to figure out your problems, not the worlds. You can't always rely on others to answer your questions for you.

Good luck.

Wow. What a great response in adding your insights around high-level/big goals and the link to small-goals/tasks. Having the vision to know what your true ultimate goal is and understand you have several routes to get there, the job of trying until you find the one that gets you there is much easier.

OP, please read and re-read that response until you’re sure you understand and grasp it and begin applying it. If that still doesn’t make sense, let us know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

G

Guest92dX

Day 6:

Value for anyone reading:

Quote of the day:
"To see things in the seed. That is genius" - Lao Tzu
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Update:
+1 Personalized cold email sent late yesterday
+12 Linkedin offers to buy coffee
+1 Request to connect to Industry Association research department

Current Stats:
45 cold emails
5 extremely personalized cold emails (Industry association included)
3 bounces
0 responses
0 sales
6 business failures
12 Linkedin coffee offers

Total actions: 62

Feelings and Thoughts:
Just going to keep plugging away and taking suggestions. I used online services to check my emails and they shouldn't be blocked by spam filters.

I incorporated 3 different suggestions made by viewers/readers.

Networking with a college alumni may have turned up an interesting project offer.

Habit to quit:
smoking
-3 change in cigarette intake

Current Status:
Finding people to connect with

overarching goal:

Goals for today:
Find more people to connect with

Goal for tomorrow:
5 more LinkedIn coffee offers
1 more personalized email

Possible changes:
Changed people contact volume to a much lower amount to focus on connecting in a deeper, more meaningful, and authentic fashion.

Challenges:
Still feel insecure even posting this on the forum. It's ok though. I just have to accept it and my self conscious mentality.

Get first response!

Question for Anyone Reading:
None for today

-------
Note: this thread is just my own systematic documentation and approach to Kaizen. It may get more or less complex. I have to get into the feel of taking action everyday. This also keeps me motivated because I'll be held accountable.

G

Guest92dX

Good luck.

Thank you for taking the time to read more about me and help me.

What are you trying to tell me in one sentence that I can take to heart and live by?
What are you trying to ask me in one sentence that I can take to heart and live by?

There is a lot going in your post. I got lost.

lewj24

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 12, 2016
St. Louis, MO
What are you trying to tell me in one sentence that I can take to heart and live by?
What are you trying to ask me in one sentence that I can take to heart and live by?

There is a lot going in your post. I got lost.

Dude. You don't need a one sentence summary. In fact, if I gave you one you would be even more confused because it would be very vague. Things like, "Keep working hard." or, "Align your actions with your goals." Those are all hunky-dory and all but what I wrote in detail above should help you more since I wrote it specifically about your issues.

You need to connect the dots yourself. If you have trouble figuring out my 7 paragraph post you are going to be screwed in everything you do in the future.

There is nothing wrong with asking a good question. There is something wrong with wanting things spoon-fed to you because you "get lost." People can give you help along the way but nobody will ever hold your hand and guide you through your journey of life. Not your parents, not your spouse. It is your job to figure it out.

A lot of people will tell you to, "Work hard!" Most people think of working as physical. They understand how to work hard at digging ditches or mowing lawns. What they don't understand is working hard also applies to thinking. Connecting dots. Solving problems. Learning new things. Grinding through boring work. Making millions of other business and life decisions. You aren't working hard at all mentally. GET TO WORK!

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it." ~ Henry Ford

Merging Left

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Jul 20, 2014
Read it again. And again. And again until it makes sense.

Honestly, it's a fairly straight-forward post. You shouldn't have any trouble understanding what he's talking about. Read it again.

G

Guest92dX

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it." ~ Henry Ford

Please treat me with respect or leave my thread. Thank you making me feel my anger, but I don't need your advice if it is condescending and full of projections and insults me about my personal struggles.

Your type of thinking is illness.

You need to grow up.

I got lost because you're rambling and projecting on me with things I don't identify with.

"You can run a sprint or your can run a marathon, but you can't sprint a marathon." - Ryan Holmes CEO of Hootsuite

G

Guest92dX

I think the best piece of advice he gave was for you to get a job.

This will help on several fronts:

- You'll get to see how a business works and what's required to run it
- You'll make some money
- You'll get out of the house and get a fresh perspective
- You'll learn that it's possible to accomplish more in a day than you seem to think is reasonable

That's all he had to say. I'd rather not have conflict. Parts of both of his posts lack the most basic amount of respect.

It is clear from his second post of hot air.

Merging Left

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Jul 20, 2014
That's all he had to say. I'd rather not have conflict. Parts of both of his posts lack the most basic amount of respect.

It is clear from his second post of hot air.
He wrote a massive response to you, identifying several areas and ways in which you might improve your life. Your response was "tl;dr bro?"

Who's disrespecting who here?

G

Guest92dX

He wrote a massive response to you, identifying several areas and ways in which you might improve your life. Your response was "tl;dr bro?"

Who's disrespecting who here?

Yes, I already know. Anything I say on the internet can be used against me. Thank you for reminding me.

My response was being kind to him even though he insulted my character. I'll pass.

I won't abandon this thread though no matter how rough it gets because this is just for me.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.