The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Journal of Next Business

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...
G

Guest92dX

Day 80:

Update:

Had the meeting. So, I'm currently waiting on a response for a sale. I think I need to change direction for the industry or change the approach entirely.

I have currently contacted upwards of 35% of the businesses for the category I'm approaching. I didn't realize how there weren't that many businesses to contact.

I'm buying 3 books on the industry now so I don't feel totally lost in the jargon they use. I'm buying 1 book to understand where innovation is headed in the industry.
---
Did not abandon. Will not abandon.

Also, applying for some jobs since it was suggested.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

lewj24

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 12, 2016
St. Louis, MO
There is just this waiting game
Day 50: In other news, I'm still waiting
Day 80: I'm currently waiting on a response for a sale.

It looks like you've spent the last 2 months waiting. How many more months will you spend waiting? It's time to start doing, hustling, executing, selling. All waiting does is make you old. Stop waiting. Start doing.

"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left over by those who hustle." ~Abraham Lincoln

G

Guest92dX

Day 290:

Update:

I still haven't given up. Over the summer, I found out that I had to move and was feeling mixed emotions. I couldn't focus on starting a project and didn't want to either. I spent the summer and fall meditating.

I may not be cut out for this, but I also don't have anyone who really supports what I'm doing who I know well. They're secretly critical or on the fence or something. They don't feel energized about it like I do.

Will update this again soon after I'm sure about what industry to go after next. The current industry I'm thinking doesn't seem too good.

Sales didn't pan out either. I lost contact with the connections I made. We naturally drifted apart due to circumstances.

6 months behind schedule.

PizzaOnTheRoof

Moving Forward
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 30, 2018
Texas
Day 290:

Update:

I still haven't given up. Over the summer, I found out that I had to move and was feeling mixed emotions. I couldn't focus on starting a project and didn't want to either. I spent the summer and fall meditating.

I may not be cut out for this, but I also don't have anyone who really supports what I'm doing who I know well. They're secretly critical or on the fence or something. They don't feel energized about it like I do.

Will update this again soon after I'm sure about what industry to go after next. The current industry I'm thinking doesn't seem too good.

Sales didn't pan out either. I lost contact with the connections I made. We naturally drifted apart due to circumstances.

6 months behind schedule.
Read the books again. You’re all over the place now.

Find a need, pick a niche, and stick with it.

“The grass is always greener where you water it.” -Sam Ovens

PizzaOnTheRoof

Moving Forward
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 30, 2018
Texas

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
May 1, 2011

Keep going. This isn't about being "cut out for this" or not. It's just pure determination and trying, trying, trying until you figure it out. Think of it like navigating a labyrinth. If you want to get out, you'll hit one dead end after another until you eventually find your way out.

Perhaps try something simple just to get going and make some money on your own - even a small hustle is better than constantly shifting from one industry to another.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.