The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I've Read UNSCRIPTED!

Dirk Pitt

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
Dec 10, 2011
Starting reading it during the election. Completed it recently. Full of brutal TRUTH BOMBS. Should be read by everyone, but in today's world most reject hard truths and prefer comforting lies. Great job MJ!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Clan50

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Mar 14, 2021
The only logical conclusion to TMF ... UNSCRIPTED . Read it, swallowed it whole. Much more information than i could have imagined, and definitely one of my must-reads.

ensoniq2k

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Mar 15, 2021
Germany (South-West)
I listened to the audio book and I found so many parallels to things that I already questioned in life. I noticed that I'm already unscripted spending wise but need to transform my income as well.

Now I'm listening to the millionaire fast lane.

Harp66742

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
186%
Mar 11, 2021
Sheboygan, WI
Now that there's several hundred out there in the wild, guess it is time to start a thread for those of you who have read (or listened to!) UNSCRIPTED !

View attachment 14816

Hope everyone enjoyed it and found it to be a good "big picture" supplement for The Millionaire Fastlane !

To download the first (5) chapters: HERE
To learn more (website) visit: HERE
To order via Amazon: HERE
To listen via Audible: HERE
I have read Unscripted . It was the first book of yours I have read. I finished it last week and immediately downloaded TMF on my kindle. As of now I am 67% done with this one.

G-Pattz76

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Sep 1, 2020
Perth, Western Australia
Now that there's several hundred out there in the wild, guess it is time to start a thread for those of you who have read (or listened to!) UNSCRIPTED !

View attachment 14816

Hope everyone enjoyed it and found it to be a good "big picture" supplement for The Millionaire Fastlane !

Listened to this Epic over a month or so in the gym and at work and in-between meetings and at nights, really need to get a paper copy as there is so much value here that needs to be harvested and referenced in the journey, feel like I'm stuck in the mud without referring to it often to refresh my headspace.

Mike Thiel

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Mar 15, 2021
Europe
I have read it at the end of last year and it's such a good book! I made a notes from it to build foundations for a future endeavors!

Thanks MJ de Marco!

ZahScr

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Dec 19, 2020
Canada
Finished Unscripted last week (on audio)! I love that MJ goes into more detail around scaling business models that weren't considered fast lane in TMF. As usually happens with the best audiobooks, I'm gonna have to order the physical book now too.

ysysgwhw

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
May 1, 2020
South Africa
It's been almost a year later since I last read TMF and contributed to this forum.
I started reading Unscripted about a month ago and have gained valuable insight into my own psychological makeup that has hindered me from Unscripted success.
Namely, I lack Execution. In my defence, I don't believe it stemmed from laziness or lack of motivation more than misdirected focus on non-fastlane paths/projects. But also I'm a little slow with execution so I'll be accountable still.

Around this time last year, I had resolved to learn web development (check) and go the easy route by freelancing as a business model. I soon realised that freelancing was no different than working a regular job. I despised having to follow my clients around for their own benefit and having to wait on the same clients to make a move or give me the go-ahead in order for my projects to progress. Instead of appeasing a stereotypical tyrannical boss, I was basically settling to work even harder to run my business while appeasing bosses on rotation (the clients). Besides, scaling that model was tricky and I became uninterested in web development anyway. It reminds me of MJ's example of a woman who quit her job to open a restaurant only to work even harder and be more miserable.

Anyway, I eventually listened to my inner wailings and scrapped that pursuit and went back to the drawing board. I reaffirmed to myself that my mission is to make the world a better place via the creation of a product/service that solves a real market need. The skills that would put me in the most favourable space to realise this (and meet my talents) was programming. Not the web design variety - the world is saturated with these folk and besides, it's becoming increasingly automated so it won't remain that profitable over time. I'm talking about the programming that is oriented toward BUILDING. Building a product/service that is actually missing in the market or even that is at least 10% better than existing offerings.
Hence unfolded my journey to begin learning Python and soon realising my interest in AI, specifically Machine Learning. I'm currently taking online courses on statistics - building up my mastery in this domain. I'm planning on reaching the edge of this domain and exploiting its entrepreneurial potential!
Notably, it resonates with my childhood love of computer hardware [I've taken online courses in this too] as well as innate optimism about the future of robotics and automation.
Also, it suits my personality: I'm low in agreeableness and high in openness. I'm also low in conscientiousness but I'm working on that. Besides, the best way to work on it is to go all-in on passion projects so Yay-for-me :-D

I'm juggling the abovementioned project with my Law degree at the moment. It's not challenging yet (maybe I need to grind harder lol) because I actually approach my ML journey with passion and an innate longing to solve problems. Also, it's helping me not hate my Law degree because I might end up building something at the intersection of Law and AI/ML - the Law has historically been slow af to adopt technology anyway + almost none of my academic peers are remotely interested or inclined in computer sciences.

So yes, this is where I am on my Unscripted journey. I'm stumbling toward the light but I'm making progress still.
I am immensely grateful to MJ for dispensing this treasure trove of knowledge! I have that many more golden balls because of him ;-)

aside: idk when I'll be posting again but I'll be lurking now and then and whenever I make considerable progress on my fastlane endeavours I'll be back fo-sho. As of now, I'm working on achieving mastery in the Machine Learning domain so that I'll at least be a component Founder and also be able to iterate prototypes quickly as well as have better judgement wrt ML-related ideas I will have moving forward.

Onwards & Upwards!

newager

PARKED
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Feb 23, 2021
Bénin(porto-novo )
Maintenant qu'il y en a plusieurs centaines dans la nature, devinez qu'il est temps de lancer un fil de discussion pour ceux d'entre vous qui ont lu (ou écouté!) UNSCRIPTED !

View attachment 14816

J'espère que tout le monde l'a apprécié et a trouvé que c'était un bon supplément pour The Millionaire Fastlane !

Pour télécharger les (5) premiers chapitres: ICI
Pour en savoir plus (site web) visitez: ICI
Pour commander via Amazon: ICI
Pour écouter via Audible: ICI
bien ravie de prendre de vos nouvelle et seulement je voudrais que vous me refaisiez l'erreur de frappe que j'avais fait en voulant noter mon date de naissance qui est 04/04/1988 donc merci de me le corriger car je parle et écrire mieux le français que l'anglais que j'aime beaucoup....

TheControlVoice

New Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 3, 2018
Cypress, Texas
I have read the book and listed to the Audio version. Kinda missed MJ being the narrator in the audio version.

Saad Khan

Amazon Ads Guy
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Mar 14, 2021
Pakistan

View attachment 14816

View attachment 14816

I'm midway, feel so lucky to find you at such a young age

yxsg

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Mar 1, 2021
Thank you MJ for writing such a game changing book like Unscripted . It opened my eyes to how the script has infiltrated our lives without us knowing about it.

PiCo

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Mar 22, 2021

View attachment 14816

20210323_083335.jpg

Ordered and read right after finishing TMF in March 2021, in order to keep the synergy of the first opus.

MaxinVegas

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Dec 3, 2018
Sin City, NV

View attachment 14816

Read Unscripted , love the tactical element to the book and unabashed dismantling of a system that doesn't work.

woken

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Mar 24, 2021
London, UK
Read a second time after a long time. A gold mine.

Knowledgefactry

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Jan 28, 2021
Read it. Love it. Reading it again. Trying to leave a review on Amazon but I guess I have to wait until it's released(?)
I have read it, currently in the process of re-reading it again and listening to the audio version simultaneously.

UnderTheSun

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Mar 25, 2021
Still can't decide which of the 2 books is better (f*ck it, they're both amazing), but I will say Unscripted is the one I tend to recommend to people more often. Amazing book, and I highly recommend everyone re-read these books every 6 - 12 months.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.