The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I've Read UNSCRIPTED!

Akuma

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Nov 13, 2020
I've listened to unscripted several times while driving bumper-to-bumper to my 9-to-5 job and back home.
I was recovering from a burn out at the time, trying to get myself standing on my feet again.
And that book gave me the fuel to keep going instead of settling for the average.

@MJ DeMarco, you had me at self actualization.
I was already aligned with most of the core ideas of the book having read the TFM.
But the whole aspect of working your way towards self actualization through unscription, was the vision I lacked.
That perspective clicked with me.

I quit my job a couple of years later to pursue that path.
Now I work as a freelancer to pay the bills. (Yeah, I know, it's temporary, that's why I'm here)
This gives me more time to work on my personal project.
Hopefully it will bring value to the world and take me a step closer to achieving my goals.

It's exactly as you said: Chasing the dream is living the dream

Both books have changed my way of thinking, my actions and consequently my life.
I used to be frustrated and now I know why.
My choices and actions weren't aligned with my vision.
With that cleared up, life has a purposeful meaning again.

And you are the one to thank for bringing that to our attention.
Thank you!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

trylks

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Jul 4, 2020
Europe
I have read unscripted (some time ago, in fact). I have found three parts in it.

The first part is the first half of unscripted , a bit conspiracy-like, I would have written in a different way a number of things, less conspiracy more as a naturally emergent phenomenon, from societies made by apes that seek comfort and tend to travel the most traversed paths, and a few that not. I do not feel like a needed this part and I did not enjoy it, but it may still be good for some people.

The second part is a recap of the Fastlane, which is good for self-containment, but I would still recommend reading both.

The last part is the good part, from chapter 38. I will read again, probably several times, I still feel I have not fully understood some aspects of it, especially in terms of second order thinking.

I think for someone that already has had the FTE, the first part is not really useful, but still good. For someone that already has read the Fastlane, the second part is not really useful. The third part I would recommend to everybody.

Harsha Vardhan

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Aug 7, 2020
INDIA
Now that there's several hundred out there in the wild, guess it is time to start a thread for those of you who have read (or listened to!) UNSCRIPTED !

View attachment 14816

Hope everyone enjoyed it and found it to be a good "big picture" supplement for The Millionaire Fastlane !

To download the first (5) chapters: HERE
To learn more (website) visit: HERE
To order via Amazon: HERE
To listen via Audible: HERE
Its a great book loved it !!
Been a eye opener in some factors

Speed112

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
284%
Dec 5, 2013
Over here, over there.
Got around to reading it at the start of the pandemic.

It struck me as a good recap, but felt weaker than TMF in its message and delivery. It was less focused, especially in the first half. The final third, however, brought a lot of additional value, and the multi-year gap between reading the two made it worth it.

Still, I'd definitely recommend TMF over Unscripted to someone uninitiated, as I believe it helps the realization click faster and easier.

Solid book, nonetheless, and should be on the top shelf in any entrepreneurship collection.

faithironfit

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Nov 26, 2020
Read it. Loved it. Reading it for the 2nd time.

Attachments

• 9FAE1CD3-2CD2-44C8-BAE2-4C241C1FDBA4.jpeg
    9FAE1CD3-2CD2-44C8-BAE2-4C241C1FDBA4.jpeg
    795.7 KB · Views: 2

AciD

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
42%
Nov 13, 2020
And read this book as well - freaking amazing. Easily two most life-impacting books I've read.

Tim Conti

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Oct 26, 2020
Now that there's several hundred out there in the wild, guess it is time to start a thread for those of you who have read (or listened to!) UNSCRIPTED !

View attachment 14816

Hope everyone enjoyed it and found it to be a good "big picture" supplement for The Millionaire Fastlane !

love this book!

G

Guest84834

View attachment 14816

I've read Unscripted . Best book on entrepreneurship.

FreeDomain

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Dec 2, 2020
Prague
First came across this book and read it because of the title, mind blown because of the value!

Parks

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Jul 20, 2020
Portland
Just finished it, it is unfortunate to see some of the posts above in this thread where you guys are saying you need a bit more information and need to reread or not sure what to do with this information...

I don't think anything can be handed to you more on a platter than this. There is no secrets to business, this is it. Quit wasting your time and live UNSCRIPTED ! Thank you, MJ. 5/5 book; here's to making a Productocracy!

rkabariti

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Dec 8, 2020
Brazil
I just finished Unscripted 3 years after reading TMFL.

I feel like both my maturity as an entrepreneur and MJ's ideas have improved from one book to the other.

The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework made my mind spin really fast in evaluating my current business status and adjust the steps for where I want my business to be in the next months/years.

I am looking to learn a lot from this forum and share ideas, advice and experience with folks that approach life and business in a similar way I do.

ric2020

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Oct 28, 2020

View attachment 14816

i ve read it

Maxios

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Nov 16, 2018
I bought it on Feb 2019 and Kindle says it's read so......
I waited this long to comment on here

I skimmed the book for memories and it's definitely a must read for anyone trying to escape the trap of the sidewalk or the slowlane.

georgetod79

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
187%
Dec 6, 2020
Calgary, Canada

View attachment 14816

One of my favourite books, ever.
I've recommended it to friends, in FB groups, etc.
First, I listened to it on Audible, then re-listened it again.
Then, I bought the hard copy, to have it as an easy reference.

Thank you, MJ!

1607500575124.png

D

DeletedUser84644

View attachment 14816

I should've commented here sooner. I read it. Btw who's Scott Thomas? I love the guy's voice. He's a phenomenal narrator. An ultimate wingman of yours :D

Tortoise

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Oct 28, 2020
London, UK
Listened to the audiobook whilst out exercising (over quite a few days!). Found it motivational to get on with starting a business and testing out ideas. Now listening to Fastlane.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.