The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I've Read UNSCRIPTED!

thereehldeal27

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
47%
Jan 6, 2017
Portland, Oregon
I have read UNSCRIPTED ! Namely, a few months ago while driving for Amazon. I just forgot to post. I must say, I loved the book and gained so much from it that is going to be with me for a long time. It made so much sense and was such a huge motivator in planning my escape from the 9-5 (working for someone else).

I am happy to say that as I turn 29 tomorrow on New Years, I have just finished my very first digital product that I have been working on on and off for months now. It feels like a HUGE weight has been lifted off of my shoulders. I will probably end up reading this book again in the future. I really want to sponge every bit of it into my mind.

If you haven't read the book, what are you waiting for? DO IT!

futurevision23

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Nov 7, 2020
I've read Unscripted and continue to listen to it over and over. Such amazing business intelligence and so exciting to read something so right and concrete. :)

John Garrison

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Dec 27, 2020
I've read Unscripted ...twice in a week! I think I've found what I'm giving to everyone for their birthdays this year.

Uugii

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Dec 31, 2020
Read it. It woke me up like cold water splashing to my face in midnight

Onakosa

"When I grow up I want to be ... "
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Oct 23, 2020
UK

Muhiddin

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Dec 30, 2020
Finished it 2 weeks ago and never before had i had so much fun reading a book on finance.

I realised that you dont need to use smiley faces to be funny. There isnt a single smiley in this book but man, did it crack me up several times. MJ DeMarco has a great sense of humor that can make you laugh out so loudly that the people in the next room begin to think "is he watching a stand-up comedy?" But you are just reading a book.

Besides great humor, this book has the truth that other guys in the industry dont share. The truth is to become a real fastlaner, you need to switch teams by moving away from consumers and joining producers. MJ said "Stop consuming so much and start producing. Look at businesses from a producer perspective. Instead of buying their stuff, learn from them. How did they pursuade you to click on their product or videos?" Boy, was this an eye opener.

I am a youtuber who owns a small youtubr channel and in the past i used to just watch videos on the recommended page but now, im studying them like a scientist with a magnifying glass. For the first time in my life, I took a screen shot of the recommended page on youtube to study the thumbnails and titles closely and it all happened thanks to MJ DeMarco and a guy named James Jani.

Thank you so much for opening my eyes!

Muhiddin

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Dec 30, 2020

Likes (20000)​

OMG. 20,000 likes. Run for political office. The country needs a good president. 550 speed points added.

Hahaha, MJ I just love your sense of humor! Cant wait to reach 20000 likes and run for political office.

Chauster

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Dec 31, 2020
Yep, definitely read Unscripted .

I'm really impressed at how MJ calls out the BS surrounding the "get rich slowly" script (Mutual Funds, ETFs, etc.).

I'm glad to join this community and start on the path of breaking a lot of self-limiting beliefs.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

AmazingLarry

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Jul 4, 2019
Read it. 10/10 will reccomend

sigmapreneur

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Nov 11, 2020
I just only have 20 pages to go before I'm finished.

But, this book changed my perspective on entrepreneurship. I always believed you had to have a highly creative mind to be an entrepreneur which I now know is nonsense. My only problem is how I can execute some of my ideas.

octopusmoneytree

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Dec 16, 2020
I've read it, I've recommended it, and I've gifted it for X-mas.
I highlighted something almost on every page.
I downloaded the kindle version so it goes with me everywhere I go.

Thanks MJ!

YouCanDoThis

Start with Empathy
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Jan 2, 2021
Europe
Aaaand just finished my Audible listen for Unscripted :)

To be honest, the first, say, quarter dragged on a bit, but starting from Part 3 it became very motivating and satisfying. Packed even more detail-punch than TMF . :)

Exciting to start putting this into practice.
Worked on a CENTS analysis of a business idea while waiting at the doctor’s office, that’s how inspiring this was.

Coldrdn

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Nov 13, 2020
I have read unscripted along with my many reads of the millionaire Fastlane in the past year. I gave a longer description in the form "I read The millionaire's Fastlane".

Both of these books have helped my life and like a meditation helped focus my thoughts and all my ideas. Both of these books were like the bridge between what I currently know and where I wanted to be.

TJ24

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Nov 26, 2020
Read it. Awesome book. Already started using the new knowledge learned.

Dwain

PARKED
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jan 5, 2021
Now that there's several hundred out there in the wild, guess it is time to start a thread for those of you who have read (or listened to!) UNSCRIPTED !

View attachment 14816

Hope everyone enjoyed it and found it to be a good "big picture" supplement for The Millionaire Fastlane !

To download the first (5) chapters: HERE
To learn more (website) visit: HERE
To order via Amazon: HERE
To listen via Audible: HERE
I read it, and it was a really great book! Hopefully, I can get around to reading The Millionaire Fastlane next!

Lsm87

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Oct 27, 2018
Read it 2 years ago the first time. Will have to re-read it though.

urea42

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jan 6, 2021

JustmeSD

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Dec 30, 2020
Hi everyone.
There are plenty of "I's" in this comment, as it expresses MY PERSONAL opinions about the books.
I've read both of the books, and I've gone and searched also for some reviews for these books. Obviously, it had a really high number of positive reviews well deserved, but I was most interested in the negative reviews. So I went and read a few of them. Of course, everyone is entitled to his/her's own opinion, but even so, I'm amazed about how people see things sometimes. But, I've heard that there's no man that smart to make an idiot understand that he's an idiot...that's true. I remember one review that was referring to the author's big ego.
If it were like that, in the end, who gives a f*ck? The book has really valuable content.
Another referring to the repeatability of ideas. Repeatability is the mother of f*kn learning. It emphasizes the importance of one thing. So that it gets imprinted into your brain.
For those who haven't read the books, I would like to say that this is not a novel, nor is it excellent in literature, but not bad written either. It is a book about mindset and how one could put into practice dreams or ideas. And yes, it is for everyone! And yes, it is awesome!
Both are excellent books, that I recommend with absolutely no doubt, to anyone. These books are not telling what you like to hear, but what you need to hear! So if you get offended while reading them(this I think is the cause for shitty reviews) well you can only get offended if you act like a sidewalker. Be happy that you discovered that, and that you can learn how to act differently, instead of writing shitty reviews, only because you somehow felt offended by the fact that you've recognized yourself in that role of a sidewalker.
I've also read other authors, but so far I can only say that this book is no.1 in this niche, of course, from my own pov. I haven't read them all...
I can also confirm that I've written an email to the author after, I've wished to see if he still read his emails if he is still practicing what he says. Easy to guess, he did reply. And I do appreciate that, as I'm sure that is somedays physically impossible to reply because of the high numbers of emails.
I have, let's say, a pretty good position in the corporate world, even though I've chosen a few years ago to take a break and go on my own. That was before reading the books. I recommend them no matter the age, profession, sex, race...Do yourself a favor, and read at least one. And when you're done, read it again, because repeatability is ...
Personally, I recommend Unscripted over TMF , as it covers the topic in a bit more detail, just as the writer intended to.
I'm not native English, so please excuse me if there are any typo's in my comment.
About the writer, I personally don't appreciate him for being rich, or for finding a way to do that(although he deserves appreciation for his work and struggle, no doubt), but I appreciate him most for leaving a print into this world, a positive one that will or has changed lives. For sharing his true thoughts, in order to spread these good teachings. He preaches about how to fish, which as we all know is more important than if he would give you 2-3 fishes...

Have a great day, dear reader of my comment ;)

Last edited:

Sirrom

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
365%
Dec 5, 2020
I read the book. It gave me huge insights about providing value vs thinking about how you can make the most money. This should be a book that every entrepreneur reads before starting.

Cryley

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Dec 12, 2020
Australia
Finished the book a couple of days ago. My experience in entrepreneurship is purely 2nd hand. I had parents who ran 3 businesses that were essentially jobs and a best friend who was a bro-marketer (maybe still is, not really sure these days).

Neither spoke to me (the parent's relationship suffered greatly from the businesses and resulted in divorce) and with the explosion of bro-marketers it honestly gave me quite negative opinion in the idea of it as a whole.

This book clarified and distilled the lessons that could be learned from the above mentioned. It's detailed, dense and provides key insights that can provide immense value if followed. It's inspiring without being pandering with even a handful of concessions that are honest. It's clear it was written by someone who genuinely wanted to help those that are pursuing the path. For that I am a grateful customer and look forward to revisiting this book when needed.

simxela

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Jan 15, 2021
Hey guys!
I'm now om my second pass of the Unscripted Audiobook.
I've had 2 businesses fail before. Of course, all my fault. Now, I'm running a service business (a lot like a job).
The "Idea man" MJ mentioned in the Unscripted is 100% me! But I'm working on my implementation skills. For example, I recently learned the basics of project management, and it helps getting sh*t done.
In large part it's thanks to MJs mention of learning in his book.
It made me question: "What do I need to learn to be better at this?"
Thanks MJ!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!