The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I've Read UNSCRIPTED!

luckywatcher

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Aug 9, 2020
Utah
Read this as soon as I had finished Millionaire Fastlane . I was hooked. MJ, you claim both are long reads -- I disagree. I recommend both books to many people. I'm excited to see what lies in store with the lessons learned from these books.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Nick T

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
271%
Aug 26, 2020
I've been on this journey for a while... read tons of books, and if you are looking for clarity then look no further. This book is not only entertaining but helps with your ability to navigate the BS. The sooner you read this book...or listen to it on audible the clearer and better your entrepreneurial decisions will be.

This is more of a mentorship a book.

Nick T

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
271%
Aug 26, 2020
I've been on this journey for a while... read tons of books, and if you are looking for clarity then look no further. This book is not only entertaining but helps with your ability to navigate the BS. The sooner you read this book...or listen to it on audible the clearer and better your entrepreneurial decisions will be.

This is more of a mentorship a book.

MakeMeRich

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Jul 20, 2020
Germany
I bought it yesterday and realized it got over 1k pages. I usually read a book per week but I will take some time reading your masterpiece.

DaanH

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Jun 8, 2020
Netherlands
I've just finished reading Unsrcipted both digital and paperback, boy this will be my working bible for the next year or so!

Vanda

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Sep 1, 2020
Lisbon - Portugal
@MJ DeMarco Hi, I'm reading Unscripted , and I am loving it. I bought the kindle format. When finished I will start the Millionaire Fastlane . Thank you for accept me here in the forum, I will not speak much, my written English is not the best... but I will read, and learn with you. Thank you!

Last edited:

Dionysos

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Sep 1, 2020
Netherlands
Immediately purchased it after finishing TMF . While my eyes 'had been opened' I enjoyed every bit of it. Both books made me turn to the forum for more..

4Ring_

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Jan 31, 2017
New York
Reading and listening to it simultaneously. Swapping back and forth between visual and hearing receptors so it sinks deeper into my bones. Refusing to put my kindle and airpods down. Perfect timing too; just had a newborn, got laid off, and lost a good chunk of my liquid capital being an asshat. This FTE cluster forcing me to rethink my priorities by quitting video games, dropping out of my fantasy league, and desperately jumping back into productive habits that will propel me forward once more. Reminiscing of the days post-reading TFM and cannot wait to see the results of the efforts that are going to ensue. Thank you @MJ DeMarco

Greg S.

New Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
May 26, 2020
Finished UNSCRIPTED today. What a wild ride. So easy to see my journey to this point in @MJ DeMarco 's book--even more so than TMF . Thank you for the blueprint that is keeping me from ripping my neck off from all the shiny objects. Here's to staying focused and building the #TimeMachine.

JeremyCreed99

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
92%
Sep 3, 2020
danbury connecticut
Now that there's several hundred out there in the wild, guess it is time to start a thread for those of you who have read (or listened to!) UNSCRIPTED !

View attachment 14816

Hope everyone enjoyed it and found it to be a good "big picture" supplement for The Millionaire Fastlane !

To download the first (5) chapters: HERE
To learn more (website) visit: HERE
To order via Amazon: HERE
To listen via Audible: HERE
I loved this book, it changed the way i thought about entrepreneurship

Igal O

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Sep 5, 2020
Israel
I've read the book.

I'll reserve my thoughts about it for some later date, for now I'm just here for the flair.

solyom

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
May 26, 2019
Europe
Read it. It was long - especially that English is not my mother language.

After reading TMF I was curious about what new could MJ's second book say to me. Unscripted did it. It has lot of similar thoughts to TMF , but it is structured a lot better.

In short: the best business book I've ever read. Really.

I can't stop recommending it to my friends - often telling them: it's worth it to learn English well just to be able to read this book. Without kidding.

AleKap

PARKED
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Aug 5, 2020
Italy
I've just read Unscripted and I am truly inspired by it. I already knew that a 9-5 jobs is not for me: I wanted to change my life but I didn't know where to begin. This book showed me where to start

Kwcraig89

PARKED
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Sep 10, 2020
California
Now that there's several hundred out there in the wild, guess it is time to start a thread for those of you who have read (or listened to!) UNSCRIPTED !

View attachment 14816

Hope everyone enjoyed it and found it to be a good "big picture" supplement for The Millionaire Fastlane !

To download the first (5) chapters: HERE
To learn more (website) visit: HERE
To order via Amazon: HERE
To listen via Audible: HERE
Read it. Awesome insight and very useful information

WEBQU

PARKED
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Sep 12, 2020
italy
just finished reading the book, and I can't my happiness for having found this book that tells you how the world really works.

Flint

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
193%
Jul 14, 2020
Finally read Unscripted . Brilliant book. Hat tip @MJ DeMarco.

First, it took me a while to read TFM. Both the title and the abbreviated name looked like BS guru red flags. But the forum, how it's run and its value made me open the book. I wanted to skip the Sidewalk/Slowlane half it as I didn't need convincing they were handicapping me and wanted to jump straight to the Fastlane lessons. So much value in there. I'm glad the title/pen name didn't stop me. The book was the compass I really needed.

Then I thought Unscripted was just a deep dive into the Scripted part, focused on the mindset and opening people's eyes to the Script. That wasn't my favourite part of TFM and I expected it to be the main element of Unscripted . Most reviews focus on the Scripted first part of the book too. Also, I'd heard opinions there's nothing actionable, it's all mindset. I didn't expect there could be something more than what's in TFM. Oh boy was I wrong again.

Unscripted is MJ's Magnum Opus. Two in a lifetime? Wow.

I love how MJ dissects all these pesky limiting beliefs and then describes the key elements of The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework. The second part of the book is my favourite. But the first one is very much needed to disarm and rewire the old habits.

The book is full of actionable insights with a clear action plan to follow and diagnostic tools to assess progress. The Kinetic Execution chapters themselves deserve to become a Platinum Triple Gold 10x Chocolate thread here. If someone tells me MJ's books are not actionable, I'll laugh.

I think some abbreviations could be avoided, especially that some are explained only a few paragraphs/pages later and aren't necessary. But this is a minor thing I didn't mind that much.

It's definitely an A+ business book for me. No, an A+ life lessons book.

Thank you for sharing your experiences and insights, MJ. And for creating this community.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.