The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I've Read UNSCRIPTED!

Cyberdeth

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Jan 10, 2018
Sydney, Australia
I've bought both the audiobooks and ebooks of TMF and Unscripted . I absolutely loved TMF , it opened my eyes to how I was living the slow lane. And Unscripted has motivated me to FU money! Seriously, no more sitting on the sidewalk. It's time for me to take my entrepreneurial dreams to the next level and make FU money.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ericaung

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Oct 6, 2018
I have read unscripted !! After finishing this book, I completely feel like a brand new person. I am just started preparing to quit my 9-5 job and on the way to unscripted . Currently, my goal is saving more money before I quit and learning more about entrepreneurship.

Thank you so much MJ!

Love From Singapore.

dKot

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
286%
Oct 19, 2018
Ukraine
Hi, everyone! Listened to the audio book on audible. Loved it. Now listening again and making notes. It really makes you shift your perspective and look at the world with a bit of a different eye. Problems are opportunities.

Love from Ukraine.

Jack Hammer

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 19, 2018
Finished it a few days ago. After finishing The Millionaire Fastlane , I considered listening to it again. Fortunately, I found that MJ had written another book, so I downloaded it right away. It was exactly what I needed. Thanks, MJ!

Overdrive

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
252%
Sep 9, 2018
Taiwan
I've just finished reading UNSCRIPTED (well, I've to admit I skipped over most of chapter 48 because I'm still a long way from actually being unscripted , besides I believe most of the financial instruments mentioned in that chapter will not be available to me anyway since I don't live in the US).

I waited with reading the book for about two weeks because I was still re-reading TMF for a second time, this time more thoroughly, and I will definitely read the central chapters of UNSCRIPTED again. I've already started working on a Fastlane biz about three weeks ago, so my main concern is keeping the momentum going and not getting discouraged by worries about the future too much (which keep creeping into my mind).

Fortunately, reading UNSCRIPTED really helped me a lot with that. When I started reading it, I immediately noticed the change of tone vs TMF . UNSCRIPTED starts off kind of gloomy and almost reads like a conspiracy theory book (though in a good way). I was really glad when I had the first chapters under my belt and got to the part that I needed to read the most which are the chapters about Fastlane Entrepreneurship and Kinetic Execution.

Although I already knew the CENTS commandments from TMF, I still learned a lot of new things in UNSCRIPTED which goes into the concepts in greater depths and with some important new insights added. The chapter on KE is what I need the most at this stage since execution is the biggest challenge for me right now after having reconfirmed that my biz idea is suitable for the Fastlane (I'm developing a digital product). My challenge is that creating my content in the necessary high quality requires expending a lot of my time and brain energy and unfortunately my 9-to-6 day job is depleting both of these resources daily. But I digress.

I just wanted to tell MJ that I enjoyed every minute of reading UNSCRIPTED . The wealth of knowledge offered in this book is just incredible. I also noticed I can identify with MJ a lot more in this book than in TMF. For example, I never believed in buying expensive sports cars, for fun, as a status symbol or whatever. In fact, fancy cars never really appealed much to me (and I'm a straight guy, in case that matters) and so I never quite "got" the part about buying a Lambo in TMF, but I seem more in alignment with MJ's philosophy in Unscripted in that regard.

andrewbaltimore

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
Feb 19, 2016
I've read it.

Its is extremely valuable to me because it helped me go back on track.

I already had the correct mindset since I was very young but after some years pursuing my freedom through entrepreneurship I somehow got trapped into the Script.
I've been developing a business for the last 10 years but I still haven't done it. What happened? This is what I'm going to address now.

I'm back on track and I'm going to tune the business to make it successful.

I also want to participate more here since I feel home.

Thanks

Torsten

want to get paid while learning ;-)
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Oct 1, 2018
Germany
After finishing TMF I've read now UNSRCIPTED.
MJ, your 2nd book is great as this gives more insights and details.
While TMF was for me a mindset eye opener and kick in the a$$ to move, UNSCRIPTED provides a great formula for everybody who wants to live unscripted . Definitely going to revisit both books numerous times!

MJ, thank you for providing so much value.

Gumblex

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Oct 25, 2018
Now that there's several hundred out there in the wild, guess it is time to start a thread for those of you who have read (or listened to!) UNSCRIPTED !

View attachment 14816

Hope everyone enjoyed it and found it to be a good "big picture" supplement for The Millionaire Fastlane !

To download the first (5) chapters: HERE
To learn more (website) visit: HERE
To order via Amazon: HERE
To listen via Audible: HERE

MJ - Again thank you. I have read both books in less than a week and they have opened my eyes to a world I couldn’t fully see. I have spent 45+ years thinking I was living in the Fastlane until recently and Unscripted helped open my eyes even more. Scary to think I could have missed an opportunity to learn, but excited about a new future and a new perspective. Thanks

Sampath

Be the Change that you want to see in this world
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Sep 30, 2018
Canberra, Australia
It is all good to read... Reading is one and taking action is another.
The faster move from one to another is better otherwise sitting on one is like "dog moaning with pain on the nail"

Filippos

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
Oct 25, 2018
I just finished the audiobook. The difference to the MFF is that now there's no topic left uncovered... It's like reading the bible for business. Although I've never done it before, this audiobook actually made me take out my notepad and take notes while hearing it on the bus on the way to work... The density of aha-moments approaches the density of the universe before the big-bang... M.J. is the personification of giving value

MashaN

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
173%
Sep 24, 2018
Canada, AB
Now that there's several hundred out there in the wild, guess it is time to start a thread for those of you who have read (or listened to!) UNSCRIPTED !

View attachment 14816

Hope everyone enjoyed it and found it to be a good "big picture" supplement for The Millionaire Fastlane !

To download the first (5) chapters: HERE
To learn more (website) visit: HERE
To order via Amazon: HERE
To listen via Audible: HERE

I've read Unscripted (listened to it).
Just finishing listening to it for the second time in a month. Any time I'm driving, grocery shopping or whatever else I'm doing that allows me to split my focus, the book is on. Why the second time? Cause old habits die hard. The selfish brain that has been conditioned over the years to be, well, selfish needs an override. And a tremendous one at that.

I have a confession to make. I've joined entrepreneurship with a sole purpose of "creating a passive income", "be my own boss" and "do what I love''.
Shocking? - Probably not.

"Would you like to learn how to make some extra cash by publishing books on Amazon that are written by a ghostwriter?" - Me: "Well yes, I do".
"Unhappy with your 41 sales per year from the book (because the value of that book is obviously outstanding..)? Try selling physical products on Amazon instead. Just find what's already profitable and 'differentiate' yourself slightly just to stand out. Throw a bonus product in there, everybody loves to get a bonus." - Me: ''Seems doable".

I'm not here to bash those who sell on Amazon. At least not those who create a brand of a true value, as opposed to 'me toos' with a bonus and a slight tweak to a product. This is simply my story and a story of many I'm sure, who jumps in 'entrepreneurship' with the wrong idea in mind.

I'm thankful for the bluntness of this book, that shines (burns rather) the light on the wrong mindset of anyone who's looking to become an entrepreneur. The sooner you realize you're on the wrong path, the more time you've created for yourself to do what's most important on this journey. Becoming a person of value to others. Because time truly doesn't give a damn.

Thank you MJ DeMarco

Last edited:

Kybalion

Renegade Master
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
246%
Oct 5, 2018
I read this book and it blew my mind.

I had already heard about giving value, but until I read UNSCRIPTED it finally all clicked.

Previously, I took ''providing value'' as one of those quotes, which you read and then forget. I always thought: ''wtf, I just need to get more shit, I just want to get rich, what do you mean provide value''. Now I see, how giving implies all the things I was looking for. And to be fair even providing without receiving anything in return is really cool.

Author explains this seemingly simple idea in such a depth that my whole perception changed and I finally got it.

I also appreciate the practical steps in this book. I can safely say that it is one of the best books I have ever read.

Thank you so very much MJ DeMarco!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I've read unscripted - even better than TMFL

I think so, thank you!

I have listened to Unscripted and have left a review on Audible UK.

Thank you for that.

I'm very happy to write a review on Amazon ...

Thanks!

I've successfully spun parts of those things to the Unscripted mindset:
1) The car is almost payed off and I won't be making that mistake again. In fact, if I need the personal runway I'll sell that thing and tune up my bike!
2) I moved out of the condo and now rent it making it a (small) amount of passive income. Also, the "trendy" part now means that its value has increased by 50% over 4 years. Lucky? Nah, there was 4 years of research that went into that buying decision.
3) Nearing the end of the student loan debt cycle as well. Hopefully it will one day repay me in a way that I cannot envision currently.

Congrats on the shift!

I've read the unscripted and I recommended to all my friends that I know would read!

Thank you for the recommendations!

I just wanted to tell MJ that I enjoyed every minute of reading UNSCRIPTED . The wealth of knowledge offered in this book is just incredible. I also noticed I can identify with MJ a lot more in this book than in TMF. For example, I never believed in buying expensive sports cars, for fun, as a status symbol or whatever. In fact, fancy cars never really appealed much to me (and I'm a straight guy, in case that matters) and so I never quite "got" the part about buying a Lambo in TMF, but I seem more in alignment with MJ's philosophy in Unscripted in that regard.

The person who I was when I wrote TMF and the person I was when I wrote Unscripted are two different people. That's why some might notice some slight changes.

While TMF was for me a mindset eye opener and kick in the a$$ to move, UNSCRIPTED provides a great formula for everybody who wants to live unscripted .

Yup, the definitive roadmap. No more guessing!

I just finished the audiobook. The difference to the MFF is that now there's no topic left uncovered... It's like reading the bible for business. Although I've never done it before, this audiobook actually made me take out my notepad and take notes while hearing it on the bus on the way to work... The density of aha-moments approaches the density of the universe before the big-bang... M.J. is the personification of giving value

Thanks for the feedback!

I read this book and it blew my mind.

I also appreciate the practical steps in this book. I can safely say that it is one of the best books I have ever read.

Yeah!!!!! Thanks!

Legend

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
247%
Oct 11, 2018
Nashville, TN
I have read Unscripted ! I read it directly after reading TMF. It actually hit me this time, like a sack of bricks. I even missed it while reading TMF. Freedom is a result of adding value to other people's lives! Freedom is a result of process. This whole time I've been pursuing freedom. Not even pursuing money, but freedom. You don't just get healthy, you start running every day. You don't just get married, you start talking to people. In case someone missed it the first time; Freedom is a result of adding value to other people's lives! I'm going to go back and re-read them both to pick up on more things that I missed. Amazing

Last edited:

Togorashi

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
229%
Oct 24, 2018
Somewhere in Texas
Read the book. Liked it even more than TMF. I’ve always thought of myself as being a free thinker. It was a good medicine to humble myself to the ways in which I was still buying into the BS mainstream script. Thanks for the teaching.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.