The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I've Read UNSCRIPTED!

Raitis

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
268%
Mar 12, 2018
Lithuania
Just finished it last week.

Picked it up straight after the Millionaire Fastlane and I must say I liked the former better than Unscripted . Might be due to the fact that it's not exactly what I needed right now as it sometimes is with books. I still feel it's a worthy read if even for the fact that I can understand what's on this forum better because of it.

One thing that I didn't exactly agree with was mocking of the 4 Hour Workweek. In the realm of book titles both you MJ and Tim hit that sweet spot of a title that is attractive to certain (large) audiences by implying it's easy. Then of course you put it in a lot more direct way that one has to get off their a$$ to get results, but Tim has pinpointed the fact that you have to put in work first to be able to optimize later at least several times too. That's exactly what 4HW book is about - optimizing to meet the commandment of time. I feel like both of them read together make a decent pair to have the right mindset (MF) and some of the mechanics (4HW) to go fastlane. It doesn't really matter if you use a virtual or physical assistant to get the work done. What I feel is important that both of these books highlight the need to untie your time and money.

*my memory on 4HW might be off a bit as it's already many years since I read it.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Just finished my first read through of Unscripted , I will be getting the audiobook version of it and listening when in the car, and re-read it again in the future to help refresh and hammer the concepts. I took my time reading this book, no speed reading, but deliberate and intentional reading of every single word, stopping to collect my thoughts and pondering what they mean often. I read TMF a few years ago, and it re-assured me there is another way of life, but that way got thrown to the back-burner, by what I now understand is the script, an easy trap to fall into. I was called back to this forum by my FTE, which was not of my choosing but the uncontrollable fact of life that is death, and that calling lead me to Unscripted . I will expand on my FTE one day in the future here, but with the positives that come out of journey as well. Thank you MJ, I am not sure where'd I'd be without this forum and the books.

Excellent feedback, thank you!

Don't you dare stopping.

No stopping, will continue!

and left you a nice review on Amazon.co.uk.

Thank you so much @Deano Demarco !

Just read it and told my boyfriend to as well.

Thanks for recommending it! Hope the BF likes!

Unscripted goes far beyond. MJ, you delivered an outstanding book. You will find lots of inspirational books out there, but they rarely offer clear guidance on action. With Unscripted you managed to combine both: inspiration and action.

Yah!

One thing that I didn't exactly agree with was mocking of the 4 Hour Workweek.

Not really mocking 4HWW, mocking the idiots who think working 4 hours a week will get you to work 4 hours a week. Anyone can see that Tim don't work 4 hours a week and the dude is a productivity machine surrounded by success. Tremendous respect for what that guy has done, and is doing.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

CaliforniaCPA

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
333%
May 8, 2018
San Francisco, CA
Read this right after reading Fastlane. I've been recommending both to friends and clients!

droberts

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
May 9, 2018
Great book! Picked it up after reading TMF . Now on my second read.

Brindas Andrei

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Apr 27, 2018
Let me give you an example of social proof: right after reading TMF I've headed over to register to this forum. On this forum I've seen that MJ has written another book. Within seconds I headed over to Amazon and bought the book (that I've just finished, like a minute ago) -> Social Proof 101

Unscripted is not a book, it is a lifetime friend for any entrepreneur (along with TMF ). Those two books are worth their weight in gold. Great insight on growing a business that helps (gives value) others and will give you financial freedom.

Also, this book challenges you to introspect. Are you someone who wants money, no matter the cost? Or are you someone who has plenty of ideas, but doesn't put those ideas into practice? Do you lack execution, or do you lack discipline? Chapter 47 is great if you admit you lack something in order to grow a healthy and successful business. It gives you priceless insight and opens your eyes (did for me) to yourself and let's you know where to improve and where to put into practice the"do what you hate".

If you've bought the kindle version of these two books (like I did), do yourself a favor and buy the hard copy (like I'll do). I recommend reading this books at least once a year. Read, re-read, underline, take notes, maybe even memorize??

MJ, thank you for the value provided to us. Thank you for opening my eyes that I need to provide value to the world in order that the world should provide value to me. Thank you that you reminded me that I first have to GIVE.

Have a great day everyone!

Erik Heyl

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 31, 2014
I've read Unscripted . And have it in physical, Kindle and Audible format. Reading it for the second time after listening. I personally do best with repetition. It along with MFL is one of my go to books. My wife is even into it.

Jello

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
227%
Jan 1, 2018
NL
Read unscripted and really did enjoy it. Normally it doesn't take such a long time for me to read a book but since this one is a life changer and came at the exact time in my life when most needed, I applied every chapter directly in my life. Some thing I was already aware of but what was needed was sort of a guide . So it's not now I will start but did it already two weeks ago during reading unscripted .

While TMF is more about explaining the principle Unscripted is the handbook how to apply.

@MJ DeMarco thank you very much for this blueprint which can really change someone's life. All I need to do is take further action.

9bd9c6a2965cb8e99c4a30e4dac4c54f.jpg

ljstone

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
May 12, 2018
Around 2/3 of the way through the audible. Don't want it to end! Awesome stuff. Didn't think you could say much more after Fastlane. Needless to say, I was wrong. Glad I was though.

FastLaner007

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
239%
Jan 28, 2014
Read and enjoyed every word of it. This was definitely an upgrade to TMF.

Valdesta

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
May 12, 2018
Great stuff! Looks like we've been influenced by a lot of the same folk.

Read this one too!

Manchild_Unbound

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
280%
Jan 30, 2017
Colombia
I am almost finished with Unscripted . According to my Kindle, I'm 75% done. I have left off at "Kinetic Execution."

So far, it is excellent. It is like the ultimate expanded edition of TMF.

One thing that made me laugh in the Amazon reviews was how people knocked a few stars off because they didn't like the foul language. Seriously LOL on them.

I would like to ask: I'm postingthis now because in the chapter I just read, the chapter on The Commandment of Scale, MJ mentions that there is an idea depository here on the forum. Specifically a "category for ideas needing executioners. Within this depository, entrepreneurs post their foregone ideas due to other commitments."Can someone point me to it please? Is it on the INSIDERS section? Thanks!

ti874ti

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
May 12, 2018
Norway
Read it and boy was it an eye-opener! It will be a game changer in my life. I've been so scripted in my life, having the highest academic degree one can achieve, not so much because I've wanted it myself, but because it was expected by everyone around me that I should and would do it. I've been feeling for many years that I've taken the wrong path, and I found Unscripted just at the right time. A time where I've really taken a deep-dive into my personality, trying to really understand myself better. I'm excited to have registered in this forum and I guess I have to read TMF too.

cwalto12

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
194%
Feb 21, 2018
Louisville
Just finished Unscripted . I started it directly after reading TMF.

This is a huge accomplishment for me as I have not read a 400 page book since...well...ever. It took me almost 2 full months but I am a slow reader and I like to digest what I am reading rather than just looking at words.

You have definitely earned a 5 star review on Amazon from me for both books, MJ.

agok86

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
May 9, 2018
I've finished, I like it more than TMF, unscripted is more practical, great insights like the feedback value loop, the CENTS commandments, process over events etc

I don't know if I'm hyped, but the book makes me believe anything is achievable, I wish I had read this book 15 years ago when I finished high school.

LynetteP

This will be car photo when I get a rocket again
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
Apr 13, 2018
Tennessee
Read it last week, I think. I've been on a book binge, even for me. It's a good one- thanks MJ! Starting Unscripted tomorrow. :cool:
Edited to say: oops, wrong thread! Read Fastlane. No matter, Unscripted will be done by the weekend.

Last edited:

Mercutio

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Jan 22, 2018
Vienna
It took me a few weeks and it was a tough read for a non native speaker. Worth every second!

HelpAndProsper

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Apr 1, 2018
Boston
MJ, I'm reading it now and it's great. This book is a perfect example of providing value and asking NOTHING in return. Look what it gets MJ....Thousands of people coming to his forum and word of mouth book sales because there is no "catch" or "upsale". This book is the real deal. I can't tell you how much I've learned about breaking into existing and non-existing markets by finding "needs" and skewing "attributes" to provide value. This is so much more valuable than the average business education in college. I have a BA in Business Management and I don't remember learning any of this....

MackMall55

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
May 16, 2018
After reading Fastlane, I had to read this. Awesome is all I can say. I would recommend this book to any and everyone

Roveso

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Apr 3, 2018
I’ve read Unscripted , and I have to say that it is a perfect complement to MFL. The concepts are great to understand, in a factual way, the mediocrity of expectations in modern life. It is, definitely, a book I’ll be reading more than once. I am planning to buy it on audible (also MFL), so I can re-listen to all the big concepts.

Thank you for this, MJ.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.