The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I've Read UNSCRIPTED!

Logan Powell

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
223%
Apr 9, 2018
Banff, Alberta, Canada
I read Unscripted before The Millionaire fast lane. Unscripted is the first business book that I read that completely changed some of my most basic life views. The most memorable themes is that money is a means of value, and we should rename it "Value Vouchers" instead of money.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
From 2007 to 2015, my favorite book was The 4-Hour Workweek. Then in 2015, it became Zero to One. Now, by far, it's Unscripted .

Yes!

Finished Unscripted ! Enjoyed it more than TMF which I didn't think was even possible.

I tried to make it that way!

If only Unscripted was required reading for everyone reaching adulthood...

I can dream, can't I?

Just finished it up this morning, gave it five stars on Goodreads, loved it!

Thank you Mike.

chapter 35 is the best chapter I have ever read in any book. I

Ha Ha, I had to double-check and see which chapter that was. But yes, that Chapter alone is worth ONE MEEEEELION dollars!

one-billion-dollars-austin-powers-above-the-law-blog.jpg

akTwelve

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
Jan 2, 2017
Austin, TX
I’m on my second read through of Unscripted after my second listen through of TMF . Love them and find them very inspiring while I work in my “fast lane garage”! I will often read portions of the book to my wife too, now that she is starting a primal health coaching business. Thanks MJ!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Maclaren1

Tinker
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Apr 12, 2018
King County, WA
Listening to the last chapter now. What a difference from Fastlane to Unscripted !

I love the brutal honest and colorful way you put it all out there. Time to put it all to use!

Thanks MJ

John March

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Mar 20, 2018
France
just finished "unscripted "... Thank you so much MJ. Not everyday on the forum at time because I decided to take action... I will come back to you later of course (to share my experience with you)...

pegasusCO1022

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Apr 12, 2018
I just finished reading it. At first I wasn't sure how it was different than the first book seemed like pretty much the same read but the last third of the book was really insightful. Thanks for taking the time to write it MJ. It's truly forever changed my life.

HOEAN21

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Apr 13, 2018
I ordered this book 5 days ago. now I have read it all. I was totally impressed.
I read this books translated by Korean language.

Attachments

• unscripted.jpg
    unscripted.jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 3

Bruno Ferreira

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Apr 13, 2018
Portugal
Hey guys!
Just finished "Unscripted " hours ago. It's an amazing book, and despite how long it is, I have the feeling it ended too early and i just wanted to keep on reading non stop.

I've just signed up, and I was postponing doing it ever since I read "FastLane Millionaire" almost 2 years ago.

I'm going to write my introduction post just next.

Olie Sins

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 28, 2017
World Wide
Now that there's several hundred out there in the wild, guess it is time to start a thread for those of you who have read (or listened to!) UNSCRIPTED !

View attachment 14816

Hope everyone enjoyed it and found it to be a good "big picture" supplement for The Millionaire Fastlane !

To download the first (5) chapters: HERE
To learn more (website) visit: HERE
To order via Amazon: HERE
To listen via Audible: HERE

MJ,

I am reading your book now, and am a little over half way through it. I have to say, at some points, UNSCRIPTED had me choking up a little bit, that's right, tearing up. I can't speak for anyone else, but you're book is scaring me. I think I'm going a little insane at work (I have a bottom-of-the-totem-pole job). It sounds corny, but I feel like I just can't trust anyone. Like everything out of everyone's mouth is a lie. Liars and backstabbers. The worst are the college graduates (the ones who work in human resources, finance, and sales) who look down at me, a mere mortal, from their ivory towers, like they're better than me.

Again, this sounds corny, but some days I swear to God everyone is brainwashed. I always knew that it wasn't me that was off, but everyone else. And TMFL made me begin to see that when I read it last year, but UNSCRIPTED is the book that really scared it into me. Sometimes I feel like the company I work for is alive and breathing, and wants me out, as though I'm a cog that just won't fit in their F*cking machine. I'm scared of the company and the people I work for. And it's a "good" company. You've all heard of it.

And it goes past just where I work. In the book, when you're talking about productocracy, and how the best companies/products/services don't need to advertise, and how you don't trust the companies that advertise so F*cking much, I did a tiny bit of research and pulled up Geico reviews. Holy shit, it's just like you said (about companies you didn't name), 1 star review after 1 star review. How the hell do they stay in business? It's things like that that scare the shit out of me, and make me wonder what other lies have I been mindlessly eating my ENTIRE life?

It's frightening. Lies, lies, and more lies. I feel like a F*cking mindless slave. A walking, talking, zombie who can brush my teeth and ties my shoes.

I'm realizing just how alone I really am in this world.

The cover of the book itself is one I sometimes stare at for minutes at at time (I know that's weird). But I'll look at it and smile, sometimes even chuckle. It's the truth. I feel EXACTLY like the white character, with a big smile on his face because he's escaping, while the faceless reds seem to hate him for it, seem to want to stop him.

I read your book at work whenever I can. Especially when things get rough, I'll go into the bathroom and pull out the book. Whenever I read it, I get a feeling that this is all temporary, that everything's going to be okay. This may not be a "thank you for making me rich, MJ" post, but it's a "thank you for this life saving book, MJ" post.

You have a fan for life.

By the way, I know I sound F*cking nuts.

P.S. M.J., I like that you live in AZ. I grew up in Glendale. I, unlike you however, prefer the rain and dreariness of Oregon, which is why I moved here.

Just another fan,
Olie

Last edited:

Fastrack

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Apr 2, 2018
Quebec, Canada
I've just finished it and I must say that it is the most useful book about life & business that I have read in my life. Aside from books and articles on specific skills (for example, copywriting, marketing, etc.) it is the only book someone need to start a business and live a live without constant contraints. Plus, the part on building a money system and investing the right way is so much eye opening and I could not be more happy to learn this at this early stage of my life! Thank you so much MJ!

Martin Weiss

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 8, 2018
Kelowna
This is the most life-changing book I have ever read! This book fully explains how I feel about my current scripted life that feels just wrong and depressing. I just didn't fully understand why until I read this book. It also gives me all the steps to follow a new Unscripted path. I will defiantly be referring back to this book during my journey.

Really appreciate you writing this book MJ.

Nannan

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
Oct 9, 2016
I finished the audiobook. However, I also bought the actual paper cover and treating it like a textbook.

Pat_chen90

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Apr 14, 2018
Just finished this having picked up TMF only a couple weeks prior. Rich detail and some tough love I needed to hear. Wasn't sure if this was going to be worth the read after TMF , but an amazon/audible review complaining of your negative tone was what pushed me over the line ;)

Jbarcob

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Aug 23, 2016
Great book. After reading TMF at 16, I foolishly allowed other things to take precedence in my life and I put my entrepreneurial aspirations to the side. Reading this book at 18 has given me the push I needed to finally take action and create the life that I want. Thank you MJ.

BradyH

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
209%
Mar 13, 2018
Washington State
Great stuff MJ, I just finished listening to it today. My favorite line from the book:

"We must all suffer one of two things: the pain of discipline, or the pain of regret."​

And my favorite part of the book was when you outlined the value attributes. It made me realize that it didn't matter if the product was already made. If I can find an attribute that I can execute better for that product, I can create a new and better product.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.